Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion (dropped 16 lbs - pg 312)

Postby intuitivelOve on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:20 pm

smh at everyone not seeing how these comments show insecurity/arrogance and creates unnecessary drama. Kobe should have simply said its everyone team and everyone have a different role. He would still be able to average the same number of fga and be team captain while eliminating UNNECESSARY drama?? whats wrong with that???..nothing!..unless you insecure/arrogant and therefore need to make it KNOWN to the media!!! Dwight will be gone this summer if nobody talk to Kobe and give him a reality check about this!!
intuitivelOve

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:24 pm

^The only unnecessary drama is coming in the form of your concerns over this issue.

It is his team, I dont think that's very debatable. You could make a much better debate that Dwight's a better player or atleast has more impact, but I dont think there's any question in anyone who's the alpha dog in LA. Kobe's the one the team, including Dwight, will naturally look to when the going gets tough, and as a matter of fact Nash is probably taking that role if Kobe's fouled out or whatever.

Ofcourse it'll be a little bit weird for Dwight to acknowledge that its not his team currently, but I honestly dont think he has a real problem with this either, I dont think he ever envisioned walking into LA and being the top dog right away. Kobe, Nash and even Pau and Metta IMO have alot to teach him, and he seem's eager to learn.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:26 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:smh at everyone not seeing how these comments show insecurity/arrogance and creates unnecessary drama. Kobe should have simply said its everyone team and everyone have a different role. He would still be able to average the same number of fga and be team captain while eliminating UNNECESSARY drama?? whats wrong with that???..nothing!..unless you insecure/arrogant and therefore need to make it KNOWN to the media!!! Dwight will be gone this summer if nobody talk to Kobe and give him a reality check about this!!

Did you even watch the last 8 seconds of the clip?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby therealdeal on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:29 pm

And so it begins. :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:33 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:smh at everyone not seeing how these comments show insecurity/arrogance and creates unnecessary drama. Kobe should have simply said its everyone team and everyone have a different role. He would still be able to average the same number of fga and be team captain while eliminating UNNECESSARY drama?? whats wrong with that???..nothing!..unless you insecure/arrogant and therefore need to make it KNOWN to the media!!! Dwight will be gone this summer if nobody talk to Kobe and give him a reality check about this!!

Are you serious with this ish? :man3: Kobe saying it's his team creates drama and makes him insecure and arrogant? Seriously? So what was Magic, Jordan, and every other superstar since the league started that called their team their team and went out and backed up those words by being the leader? Kobe doesn't mess around, he doesn't tiptoe around things, rather than the media trying to make some story all season long about who's team this is, Kobe's, Nash's or Dwight's, he put the argument to rest the very first day the team was together, it's his team, question answered, now move on. That you're making an issue out of this is laughable.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:35 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
intuitivelOve wrote:http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2012/10/01/kobe-bryant-media-day-interview.nba/?ls=iref:nbahpt2
sooooo you mean to tell me this is the answer Kobe gives after everything he's been through with Shaq?? You mean to tell me he still dont know how the media is or is he just this insecure/arrogant??? Its gonna be a longggggg season. sigh..

Maybe it is my inability to obsess over Kobe that makes me see this differently but I do not see your point. It is "Kobe's" team plain and simple. There should be no question about the top dog on the team. We don't need a year long Wade or Bron session by the media. In any case it was a good answer to me.

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8450210&city=losangeles

"I got a question earlier about whose team this is," Bryant told reporters at the Lakers media day Monday. "I don't want to get into the, 'Well, we share ...' No, it's my team. But I want to make sure that Dwight, when I retire, this is going to be his. I want to teach him everything I possibly know so that when I step away this organization can ride on as if I never left."

And so it begins...this is why I disagree. Expect a ton of articles talking about Kobe calling the Lakers "HIS TEAM"....and expect the ESPN talk shows like 1st take to blow it out of proportion tomorrow. Dwight will probably feel a certain way about these comments too considering how he answered the same question by saying its "OUR TEAM".

[Rolls eyes] Not a big deal... Bryant is a big boy and so is Howard. Whatever the press does both can handle it. I'm sure the latter knows what the former meant. It IS Bryant's team. It ain't the Boy Scouts...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby lkrfn85 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:46 pm

It is important for the team to have a single leader. That is Kobe. Part of Miami's struggles in 2011 were Wade and LeBron refusing to say who's team it was. They both deferred, and worried about each other's feelings, and came up short. In 2012, LeBron took control, and Wade acknowledged that it was LeBron's team. The other players need to know who the leader is, and right now, it should be Kobe. Once Dwight learns how to lead, he will take over, as Kobe said.
lkrfn85

Postby wallangong on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 pm

how dare kobe say it's his team. i don't care if he's been here 16 years and been to 7 finals with 5 championships. or the fact that he's still clearly a top 10 player in the NBA. or the fact that big guys still need the wing players to get them the ball in a position to score. he should have put it all to rest and said this is dwight's team. you know...the guy who has been to one Finals in a weak eastern conference and has never played a single game in a Lakers uni.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby intuitivelOve on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:54 pm

lkrfn85 wrote:It is important for the team to have a single leader. That is Kobe. Part of Miami's struggles in 2011 were Wade and LeBron refusing to say who's team it was. They both deferred, and worried about each other's feelings, and came up short. In 2012, LeBron took control, and Wade acknowledged that it was LeBron's team. The other players need to know who the leader is, and right now, it should be Kobe. Once Dwight learns how to lead, he will take over, as Kobe said.

that is all. Lebron didnt need to say it was his team...some things should NEVER be said. Had Kobe remained humble there woud be no possible drama before training camp even started, and everyone would have known it was HIS TEAM....and as the article showed, Nash already said it was KOBE TEAM, thus kobe stating its his team, and saying how he dont want to 'share' was unnecessary!!
intuitivelOve

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:56 pm

How is Kobe saying this is his team the same as him saying he doesn't want to 'share'. All he means is he's the leader, he'll shoulder most of the blame like always if we don't win because he is that leader and he's not afraid of that.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby intuitivelOve on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:03 pm

SportsCenter‏@SportsCenter

Kobe Bryant on new-look @Lakers, "It's my team." --> http://es.pn/QTwy8o

You guys are in denial. Sportscenter is already tweeting the drama..
intuitivelOve

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:08 pm

Ohh the same ESPN that ranted and raved about the Heat two years ago because they DIDN'T HAVE someone step up and say it is their team, rather than just everyone's.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm

this was always gonna be kobes team no matter what until the day he retires
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:28 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:

And your care about what ESPN says about us because...? Their business is to make drama, who cares? They care as much about nonsense drama as they do actual sports, that's why the Jets and Tebow make up half of their football talk when as a team they clearly suck and don't deserve to be talked about. That's why they love negative Kobe stuff, because it sells, who the hell cares what they tweet about or decide to obsess over? I doubt anyone on this Laker team cares that Kobe called it his team and that's all that matters.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby intuitivelOve on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm

Weezy wrote:
intuitivelOve wrote:

And your care about what ESPN says about us because...? Their business is to make drama, who cares? They care as much about nonsense drama as they do actual sports, that's why the Jets and Tebow make up half of their football talk when as a team they clearly suck and don't deserve to be talked about. That's why they love negative Kobe stuff, because it sells, who the hell cares what they tweet about or decide to obsess over? I doubt anyone on this Laker team cares that Kobe called it his team and that's all that matters.

If thats the case when asked the same question today Dwight would have said its Kobe team instead he said its "OUR team".
intuitivelOve

Postby Weezy on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:42 pm

Um no, that's just Dwight's personality, he wants to make everyone happy so he gave a PC answer. It doesn't make him more humble than Kobe, it just means Kobe is brutally honest, he's been that way a long time now, if not always. Are you new watching the NBA or something? That's how these things go.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby intuitivelOve on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:27 pm

Weezy wrote:Um no, that's just Dwight's personality, he wants to make everyone happy so he gave a PC answer. It doesn't make him more humble than Kobe, it just means Kobe is brutally honest, he's been that way a long time now, if not always. Are you new watching the NBA or something? That's how these things go.

okay whatever, hopefully your right. I'm done with this topic.
intuitivelOve

Postby Finwë on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:50 pm

intuitivelOve wrote:
Weezy wrote:Um no, that's just Dwight's personality, he wants to make everyone happy so he gave a PC answer. It doesn't make him more humble than Kobe, it just means Kobe is brutally honest, he's been that way a long time now, if not always. Are you new watching the NBA or something? That's how these things go.

okay whatever, hopefully your right. I'm done with this topic.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Tragic on Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:44 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:this was always gonna be kobes team no matter what until the day he retires
Tragic

Postby last stand on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:22 pm

If I wasn't a laker fan I think it would have been hilarious if Dwight said it was his team.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby venky on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:39 pm

last stand wrote:If I wasn't a laker fan I think it would have been hilarious if Dwight said it was his team.

Agreed. Everyone loves a bunch of drama when it doesn't affect them.
venky

Postby SublimeAnarky on Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:57 pm

No drama here guys, move along.

Even Nash said this was Kobe's team.. And Kobe when he said that, put it in the context of 'as long as I'm here'.. He's prepping Dwight to take it over, where's the drama there? It sounds very mature when you keep it in context.
SublimeAnarky

Postby intuitivelOve on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:02 pm

But the big thing here is still this: It wasn't necessary. Bryant could have made it clear in meetings, in talks with Howard, on the floor in the locker room. But he chose, very deliberately, to make the comment to the press. Bryant works a press corp as well as anyone, he just pulls off an act like he doesn't know or care. And instead of handling this internally, he puts it on the marquee and in the bars and on blogs like this one.

Unnecessary. Dwight Howard isn't an alpha dog. He can act as one, but he's not one. No one's threatening Bryant. You have to wonder what drives him to the point he feels he needs to make such comments.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20429001/dont-get-it-twisted-the-lakers-still-belong-to-the-black-mamba-kobe-bryant-says

Basically saying the same thing I said earlier.
intuitivelOve

Postby BDG on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:22 pm

It's actually very necessary.

Set the tone early. It's my team, then I retire and it becomes Dwight's. No confusion about it and we can move on and play basketball.

The guy's given over a decade and a half and five championships to this organization. Last playoffs showed he's still got a shot at another ring. Who expects him to give up his reign so easily?

Until the other guys lead a team to a title (or 5), it's Kobe's f'n team. Period.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:29 pm

Finwë wrote:
intuitivelOve wrote:okay whatever, hopefully your right. I'm done with this topic.

:jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:

You celebrated too early my friend. :man10: :man10:
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion