Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion (the Mamba is a go tonight)

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:47 am

^ That.

We don't need 60% from him, but the way he's playing now he could possibly crack that elusive 50% mark. But realistically I think he'll drop down to Earth and end up closer to 47% on the season. That'll be enough though.

Regardless, I think he's playing fantastic right now and it's great to see the way he's been shooting lately.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Tobias Funke on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:05 am

Even when he's scoring big, he still doesn't look as agressive as we know he usually is in his approach. Personally I think he's in self-preservation mode, so thats why the tougher shots are decreasing. All those minutes he's played in his career......shoot, pretty sure he just wants to make it through the season without over-exerting himself. He's probably gonna push Dwight to develop and improve his game throughout the season, while he cruises through the season mostly just picking his spots so he's fresh for the playoffs.

Too bad our coach is a moron.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 am

Tobias Funke wrote:Even when he's scoring big, he still doesn't look as agressive as we know he usually is in his approach. Personally I think he's in self-preservation mode, so thats why the tougher shots are decreasing. All those minutes he's played in his career......shoot, pretty sure he just wants to make it through the season without over-exerting himself. He's probably gonna push Dwight to develop and improve his game throughout the season, while he cruises through the season mostly just picking his spots so he's fresh for the playoffs.

I agree, he looks like he's putting up these numbers without too much energy, seemed almost relaxed out there.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:18 am

Tobias Funke wrote:Even when he's scoring big, he still doesn't look as agressive as we know he usually is in his approach. Personally I think he's in self-preservation mode, so thats why the tougher shots are decreasing. All those minutes he's played in his career......shoot, pretty sure he just wants to make it through the season without over-exerting himself. He's probably gonna push Dwight to develop and improve his game throughout the season, while he cruises through the season mostly just picking his spots so he's fresh for the playoffs.

Well said. He's not pushing it too much which should hopefully keep him feeling pretty healthy. He's definitely force feeding Howard which works well for this team in so many ways. It keeps Dwight developing nicely, it keeps our vets fresh, and it should hopefully be enough to carry our team to the playoffs where the dust starts to fall off of our older guys.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:28 am

HoopsHype ‏@hoopshype
Rumors: Kobe wants to play until 40. http://bit.ly/vIcV9Q

Los Angeles Lakers superstar talked to CNN Turk reporter Barbaros Tapan, you can find his statements about his future plans and his flirt with Turkish team Besiktas last season during the lock-out. “My aim is to play until I’m 40 years old and I believe I can do that. This year, we added very good players to our squad. Steve Nash, Dwight Howard will make us stronger. Right now, things are not going very well but I believe it’ll get better soon.” TrendBasket

Mete Aktas: According to this interview conducted by CNN Turk, cnnturk.com/2012/spor/11/0… Kobe Bryant said: "I have a new goal; I'll play until 40" @Jorge Sierra Twitter @MeteAktas76

http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm
http://www.trendbasket.net/en/2012/11/0 ... years-old/
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby last stand on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 am

hopefully for cheap so we can bring in a real 2nd option for dwight when kobe hits the inevitable wall
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:42 am

I don't see it happening in the NBA. He's flirting right now with falling behind some of the young perimeter talent in the league. In 6 years he'd be a role player, simple as that. He won't play to 40 in the NBA.

I see him signing maybe a 1 year contract after this one if this team does well and wins a ring. Then he'll try for one more before seeing what he can do overseas at his advanced age.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:43 am

He's always saying unlikely to happen stuff to foreign reporters ...
wcsoldier81

Postby Jellincon on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 am

KB24 wrote:The problem is Kobe has had that type of starts...at some point though he will revert back to shooting contested Js with his foot on the arc.

I remember 2-3 years ago he started the season on an incredible clinic, shooting fadeaway midrange shots like every opportunity...abusing the Hornets, Blazers, Grizzlies etc. while shooting like 0 threes. And then he went back to shooting tough shots.

I hope he keeps it up this year...older and wiser I guess.

I think he was able to be so efficient because Pau was out. Without 2 big man clogging the lane and post, Kobe was able to work exclusively from the block where he's most effective. IMO once Pau came back, Kobe had to revert back to playing mainly a perimeter game since the paint was completely occupied by Bynum and Pau.

I think since Pau has moved his game out to the perimeter, Kobe has more driving and layup opportunities than he's had in years past.
Jellincon

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:23 pm

I highly doubt he will, but damn I would be happy if it comes true.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby SK8 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Nice news :jam2:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 pm

hopefully...but i doubt it. his role would have to be extremely different than what it is now. thats 6 years from now..who knows how he'll be then...his foots falling off now.

id love to see kobe for 6 more years, but i just dont see it happening. hes not gunna average less than 20 points and be happy.
Ariza3

Postby The Rock on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:43 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby kray28 on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:04 pm

Maybe if we had the Suns medical staff.
kray28

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:57 am

oh sessions 20pts 11ast. if only he didnt leave and was our backup PG. that would be a game changer. him being able to just run and score. if only...i def wouldnt mind Mike playing him at backup SG if we didnt have Meeks. oh well....

hope kobe gets his foot right and maybe tell mike brown to play meeks. least he can do after making him look like garbage in practice...totally unfair to meeks
Ariza3

Postby lakersin4 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:19 am

Ariza3 wrote:oh sessions 20pts 11ast. if only he didnt leave and was our backup PG. that would be a game changer. him being able to just run and score. if only...i def wouldnt mind Mike playing him at backup SG if we didnt have Meeks. oh well....

hope kobe gets his foot right and maybe tell mike brown to play meeks. least he can do after making him look like garbage in practice...totally unfair to meeks

Yeah.. If only Sessions stuck around. I'm sure Mike would find some minutes for him at backup C.
lakersin4

Postby KB24 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:13 am

^ :man10:

the truth is Sessions wasn't that terrible. Mike Brown killed his game. As he is doing with Nash right now.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:35 am

Does the Bobcats coach have him walking the ball up the floor, dumping it off, and then having him stand in the corner?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:25 pm

Kobe (26.8 pts on 59.7% shooting thru 4 games) is as accurate as he's ever been in his 17-year career ...

According to ESPN Stats & Information, the last time Kobe had four consecutive games shooting over 50 percent came two seasons ago, Jan. 17-25 2011, when he went on this same streak. Four straight games over 50 percent shooting is tied for the 4th-longest such streak of his career. His career-high streak is six games, which he did between Feb. 11-25 in 2004.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:00 pm

The thing is, while he may not shoot this freaking well through the season, he has a shot at getting to 50%. I don't think he will, but if he was going to, it'd be this season with this much talent surrounding him. Even between Gasol, Bynum, and Fisher he's never had a Laker teammate that required as much attention as Howard. Couple that WITH Gasol and Nash and some of these bench guys, and he's got a chance.

I think he finishes somewhere closer to 47-48% though.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:11 pm

Shooting 50% is so arbitrary

I'm really impressed with his 3 ball so far though
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby borri on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:25 pm

KB24 wrote:^ :man10:

the truth is Sessions wasn't that terrible. Mike Brown killed his game. As he is doing with Nash right now.

No truer words are spoken. Brown got the keys to a sportscar in Sessions and proceeded to go off-roading with it.
borri

Postby GNC on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:33 pm

KB24 wrote:^ :man10:

This is maddening. I remember how well Sessions played before he was integrated into the team and how it all went to crap when Mike Brown had a few weeks with him.
GNC

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:34 pm

Lol at kobe averaging 37 minutes, more than his career average. In his 17th season. And we are only 4 games in. Come on Mike. Literally, just play him 3-4 minutes less a game.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:44 pm

Great start to the season for Kobe. :jam2:
Texas Lakers Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion