Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: TripDub!

Postby Scnottaken on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:07 am

thkthebest wrote:^That's because of our record. LeBron wasn't in the top 2 when the Heat had a 9-8 record either. Once the Lakers record starts looking more like 10-5, Kobe and/or Dwight will start being in the top 3.

One can only hope.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby kenzo on Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:42 am

I honestly think, that Kobe couldn'n care less about the MVP trophy. We all know he is competitive as hell but what matters are the rings, not the media voted, POS awards.
kenzo

Postby kray28 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:36 am

XXIV wrote:A post I came across on another board, really does make you appreciate Kobe Bryant even more:

kblo247 wrote:
Hakeem, Magic, Michael, Bill, Larry, Shaq, Tim, KG and so on. Kobe has outlasted them. He's played more minutes in the season and playoffs. He's been asked to be the main facilitator, scorer, and defender on his teams, unlike them because of roster ineptitude.

His peers at his position a decade ago were AI, T-Mac, Vince, Ray, Rip, Manu, and later on Wade yet most are out the league or greatly reduced role guys. Kobe however has had the longest prime of any wing player in history

Kobes longevity even if he retired tomorrow can only compare to Malone and Kareem, because statistically no perimeter player has ever had such an extended prime, some have had higher peaks, but not been 25-5-5 for a decade without their minutes protected or responsibilities greatly reduced. Fact is he's truly special, a pride to have in a Laker uni, whether you like him or not personally because you know he gives his all to the job even in the offseason and always has.

Kobe is like the Energizer bunny of NBA superstars, and yeah the only other guys that compare are Kareem and Malone.
kray28

Postby TIME on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:33 am

I'm somewhat perplexed by the absence of the usual suspects this season on the Kobe criticism train. :man3:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:54 am

lakerswiz wrote:People can't be critical against Kobe when he's not giving them much to be critical about.

Oh, you can always find something.

"Kobe triple doubles too much!"
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:00 am

Kobe is selfish guys, he's a SG getting 11 boards, he's already taking shots away from everyone, he INJURED Nash so he could play PG and get all the assists, he doesn't let anyone shoot, rebound or pass anymore. AND to top things off, he's shooting the ball efficiently so no one on this team or the other team can get a rebound.

Typical Kobe. :mad1:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby nthydro on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:03 am

Doc Brown wrote:Kobe is selfish guys, he's a SG getting 11 boards, he's already taking shots away from everyone, he INJURED Nash so he could play PG and get all the assists, he doesn't let anyone shoot, rebound or pass anymore. AND to top things off, he's shooting the ball efficiently so no one on this team or the other team can get a rebound.

Typical Kobe. :mad1:

Just leave Kobe alone :man6:
nthydro

Postby therealdeal on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:16 am

Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jayy_zee on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:42 am

thkthebest wrote:^That's because of our record. LeBron wasn't in the top 2 when the Heat had a 9-8 record either. Once the Lakers record starts looking more like 10-5, Kobe and/or Dwight will start being in the top 3.

I think the main thing is very few people believe kobe can keep these numbers up as the season progresses. He got off to a hot start last year as well but eventually the minutes took their toll as the season wore on.
jayy_zee

Postby Finwë on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:47 am

karacha wrote:Post game analysis with Sam Mitchell: "...here is another thing -- Kobe Bryant is 6 foot 8, so when he comes off the pick and roll..."

What's wrong with these guys? First, the NBA power rankings thinks that we're being coached by Bickerstaff and the writer is wondering why we want to replace Bernie with Mike D'Antoni :man3: -- and this guy somehow doesn't know that Kobe is really 6-5 (listed as 6-6 who knows why)...

6-8? :man3:

An ESPN guy (I think it was Palmer) said that Kobe told him he was 6-7.. Nothing's clear about these guys' heights.. SAS keeps saying that Durant is 6-11, while he's listed as 6-9. Many say LeBron is 6-9, not 6-8, and so forth and so on.. Why the conflicting reports?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerman JSJ on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:50 am

fkmikebrown wrote:
BicepKiss wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

Reverse that and add a "DEAL WITH IT" and we've got some grade A troll bait for when Kobe clowns on the other team.

Hero.
Image <-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Every time you want to unload on CL about how terrible our Ownership/Front Office is, I want you to step back, take a deep breath and read THIS.
Lakerman JSJ
Clublakers Moderator

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 am

Lakerman JSJ wrote:
fkmikebrown wrote:
BicepKiss wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

Reverse that and add a "DEAL WITH IT" and we've got some grade A troll bait for when Kobe clowns on the other team.

Hero.

Ahahahaah! Hilarious! :man10: :man10: :man10: :bow:
denimPortugal

Postby trodgers on Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:14 pm

TIME wrote:
lakerswiz wrote:People can't be critical against Kobe when he's not giving them much to be critical about.

Oh, you can always find something.

"Kobe triple doubles too much!"

:man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby vtandon on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:13 pm

http://twitter.com/TheJetOnTNT
Yeah sounds crazy RT @BigNetsFan16: @TheJetOnTNT Might sound crazy but while Nash is out, D'antoni shld put Kobe at PG and let him dominate.

Playing a bigger lineup sans Morris? Or more of the same w/ Kobes being the primary playmaker? I would think MDA had something to do with the lineups and substitution patterns over the last couple of games...
vtandon

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:16 pm

Kobe/Meeks/Metta/Gasol/Howard
or
Kobe/Metta/Jamison/Gasol/Howard

:man11:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:01 pm

Kobe has basically been playing PG already ever since Nash went down
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby kray28 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Morris is actually useful in there as a defensive pest on smaller point guards...allows for a crossmatch so Kobe doesn't have to guard the opposing point guard.

That's not to say that Meeks wouldn't be a bad PG defender.
kray28

Postby Basketball Fan on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Take w/ grain of salt

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... nt-deposed

Kobe Bryant To Be Deposed In Shaquille O'Neal Former Mistress' LawsuitKobe Bryant To Be Deposed In Shaquille O'Neal Former Mistress' Lawsuit 27 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted on Nov 20, 2012 @ 03:00AM print it send it
WENN / Splash NewsBy Jen Heger - Radar Assistant Managing Editor

Shaquille O'Neal's former mistress, Vanessa Lopez, plans on deposing the ex-NBA star's Laker teammate, Kobe Bryant, in her lawsuit against Shaq and wants know what advice the retired basketball player gave to Bryant during the time he was under investigation for allegedly raping a woman in Colorado, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

As we previously reported, Lopez filed a lawsuit against O'Neal in Orange County, Florida, for intentional infliction of emotional distress and assault. Lopez claims Shaq started harassing her shortly after she told him she thought she was pregnant. She says the former NBA center initially accused her of sleeping with someone else and when she broke off their relationship she claims the threats began. Shaq tried to get the lawsuit dismissed, but his motion was denied.

PHOTOS: Vanessa Lopez Modeling Pics

According to NBC Sports, during the criminal investigation Bryant allegedly told cops that Shaq "had paid up to $1 million in hush money to various women." O'Neal denied the charge at the time and the rape charge against Brant was subsequently dropped after he reached an undisclosed financial settlement with the accuser.

"There are plans to depose Kobe Bryant because he has information about advice Shaq allegedly gave him about paying off the woman who was accusing him of rape," a source close to the situation tells Radar. "This goes to the heart of Vanessa's claims against Shaq and the jury will definitely want to hear what Kobe has to say. There is still no love lost between Shaq and Kobe and the two men can barely stand to be in the same room together even though they have publicly said they have made up. Kobe doesn't want to be dragged into Shaq's mess."

PHOTOS: Team USA Brings Out Stars For Olympic Gold Medal Game

In court documents filed in Orange County, Lopez claimed: "Shaquille O'Neal arranged for his sister, Ayesha Harrison, to call and threaten me. She told me to watch my back because they know where I live and said they would disseminate lies about me on the Internet...Ayesha Harrison called and left two threatening voicemails in September 2009."

Lopez asserts that: "I live every day fearing for my safety. I now have extreme anxiety because of Shaquille O'Neal's campaign to intimidate and silence me. Since the incidents began I have been plagued by anxiety and depression for which I have taken medication. I lost valuable time with my dying mother because I was too frightened to leave my home and visit her in her final days."

PHOTOS: Another Shaq Mistress Revealed

In the suit, Lopez claims she was the victim of a number of scary incidents -- most notably a threatening text that Shaq allegedly sent to a friend of his saying, "dis is da numba shut dat b*tch up!"

Lopez claims the friend responded with a text saying, "consider it done famo."

PHOTOS: Couples We’d Like To See!

The friend then allegedly jumped on a plane to Orlando, Florida, and texted Lopez before calling her on her cell, sounding "menacing and sinister," according to the court documents.

Lopez's famed attorneys, Gloria Allred & Nathan Goldberg, have filed a motion asking that the trial be televised.

The trial has been set for March 25, 2013. It's expected that both O'Neal and Lopez will testify. A pretrial conference is scheduled for March 18, 2013.
Basketball Fan

Postby kray28 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:58 pm

^^^
That absolutely positively doesn't belong in Lakers Discussion.

Take it to Open Court.
kray28

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

His play this year has been mind bottlingly juggler knot. IDGAF what BSPN says about LOLbron, Bryant is the league's MVP at this point (I know it's still early) which is just straight ridonkulous given the mileage on his legs.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby lakersyunowin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm

LMAO. kobe on NBATV postgame interview:

ernie tells him he's now over 0.500

kobe: YES. *fistpump*

ultimate troll.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:12 pm

Lakerholicz ‏@Lakerholicz

Kobe on his trash talk at the line with Wallace: "It's pretty funny. I tried to make him make a contribution to my foundation."
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:26 pm

"Put five grand on it". HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Kobe is a BOSS!
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby Ariza3 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 pm

CLOSER. nuff said.
Ariza3

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:00 am

Kobe's take on the 5'10'', 170 pound guard who scored 138 points today

Kobe saw similarities in Jack Taylor (138-point game for Grinnell College) and himself: "Holy s***," Kobe said ...

"Really? That's crazy," Kobe added. Kobe wondered what sneakers Taylor was wearing for his big game: "He must've been wearing Mambas, because only Mambas have no conscience to shoot that much." Kobe also said maybe it's not just the shoes: "You've gotta have a little Mamba blood" to do that much.

Kobe scored 81 in an NBA game, of course, and was interested enough to ask for details of the Division III game. He said to do that much on any level is quite an effort -- and a statement. Score 138 points and "you kinda have a license to tell people to f*** off," Bryant said.

:man10: :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion