Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:35 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Nothing to read here ... Clown always tells reporters " I wait for Vitty to tell me if a player can go or not "

There really isn't a more useless person to interview on this team
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby XXIV on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:53 am

He has about five days of rest left, hopefully that's enough. I'd love to see all of our starters playing on opening night.
XXIV

Postby JGC on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:08 am

KJ MonK wrote:ive never seen anyone get on rolls like he does, where its like he cant miss... he put on a clinic on Thabo that game... the Denver game that we lost at home in the playoffs was crazy too, he was hitting every critical shot... as far him avg 22-24 ppg, i think we need more like 25-27 ppg, which is also realistic... his teammates never seem to affect how many shots he gets up, he even chucks at the all star games hah

Ever seen Michael Jordan play?

He's another fairly well known player who was able to get on rolls like that.
JGC

Postby therealdeal on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:09 am

He's not going to miss opening night with soreness. That's not his style.

If he misses opening night we can safely assume that something more serious has happened than a "strain".
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:14 am

JGC wrote:Ever seen Michael Jordan play?

Not like Kobe. In the words of Ron Harper: "I never saw Jordan score 81. And trust me, he tried."

AND

in the words of Phil Jackson, "I've never seen anyone get as hot as him and stay that way for as long as he does."

I think Phil has a good idea of what both of them are capable of.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:25 am

John3:16 wrote:
JGC wrote:Ever seen Michael Jordan play?

Not like Kobe. In the words of Ron Harper: "I never saw Jordan score 81. And trust me, he tried."

AND

in the words of Phil Jackson, "I've never seen anyone get as hot as him and stay that way for as long as he does."

I think Phil has a good idea of what both of them are capable of.

awe come on you know MJ did it more better, more often and with more class and grace.

I still get goosebumps watching that 81 point game
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby John3:16 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:30 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:I still get goosebumps watching that 81 point game

Goosebumps? My body has a different reaction. Pause.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:46 am

The guy who made this though told me he'll erase it and reupload it to change the word "matchs" for "games".
Last edited by Magic Skywalker on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Snake Eyes on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:54 am

Magic Skywalker wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UGBRiWPp8kQ[/youtube]

Ehm... how do I put the video correctly? :man3:

You need the long link, not the embed code. =)
Snake Eyes

Postby Magic Skywalker on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Thanks! :jam2:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby kray28 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:03 pm

Just going with Kobe's body language on this...the foot sprain is no big deal.
kray28

Postby maljanNBAfan on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:22 pm

kray28 wrote:Just going with Kobe's body language on this...the foot sprain is no big deal.

Yah, he didn't seem too worried to me. I have no doubt he'll be back in action ASAP. :jam2:
maljanNBAfan

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:21 pm

This is Kobe Bryant we're talking about. I'm not worried about this guy at all. Anyone else and I probably would be, but this guy is just a different breed. I would be shocked if he missed any games and even if he did we'll be fine. There's more than enough talent on this team to survive without Kobe for a couple of games.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Facebook Post: https://www.facebook.com/Kobe

Why vote?

The idea that each vote matters and that we individually have the power to influence how we are governed is why so many of our men and women have made the ultimate sacrifice.

WE MATTER.

That's a powerful feeling, one that I've taken for granted in the past. In the past I believed that not exercising my right to vote would not make a difference in who became the next president so why should I take the time to learn the issues? I'd rather be shooting hoops! The change occurred when Vanessa and I had our babies. Neither of us grew up in politically charged households so the issues weren't things we were necessarily excited to read about and discuss to say the least. It was ESPN for me and "Carrie Fever" (Sex and the City) for her. (Yes, I watched the show and loved it... It was quite "informative.")

As parents, the importance of the world we live in became a priority. Nothing is more important than the future of our little munchkins. They are now nine and six and are learning about the civil rights movement and the fight for women's rights so they naturally have questions. Why were African Americans forced to sit in the back of the bus? Why couldn't women vote?

The most important answer we can give them outside of the ones found in our history pages is that our world has CHANGED for the better because individuals fought for their rights while inspiring others to do the same.

We tell them, YOU too can change the world if you so dream and that YOUR opinion matters, YOU MATTER. Yes, voting is about doing your part as a responsible citizen but what really moves us to vote and learn about the issues is the example we set for our children and honoring the history of DEMOCRACY that our beautiful country stands for.

Thank you for your time. Don't forget to vote.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Finwë on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Kobe's facebook pieces are cool but just a little too PC for me..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Finwë wrote:Kobe's facebook pieces are cool but just a little too PC for me..

There might be reasons for that....

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Finwë on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:13 pm

:man10: :man10:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Doc Brown wrote:

My computer plays the gif kinda slowly, so it looks like he's just worken up (in his jersey in staples center) and is saying "wait, what?" while still somewhat drowsy.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby KJ MonK on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:39 pm

MJ didnt score 40+ like 9 straight games, 50+ four straight games (2 being 60)... or 62 in 3 Qs, on legal doubles... and he avg'd 37 in a season... his most famous scoring performance was in a lost in OT, just sayin

so yes i still stand behind it, Kobe's rolls are the most ridiculous (especially that Portland game WTF, dude made a half-court shot on a continuation foul call that didnt count... and then that 3 falling out of bounds even had Stu excited, which is rare nowadays after all he's seen)
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? SOMEONE WAKE UP NUMBER 24!"
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
"I know I can score 20 or 30 points anytime I want," Vujacic said.
KJ MonK

Postby kray28 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:13 pm

It's not an outright endorsement, but it's pretty clear who Kobe will be voting for on Nov 6th.

Good choice. :jam2:
kray28

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:36 am

I love Kobe's Facebook posts. Can't say the same for everyone else I have on Facebook. :man10:

Anyways I just think it's great that as his career is coming to closer to the end he's starting to interact with his fans more and more. It's something he really hasn't done before. I think he realizes just how important his fans are to him. He's got such a big fan base not only here in the United States, but over the entire world. Kobe has become the most polarizing global icon in all of sports.

I also think it's really key that we as fans don't take this man for granted because as I mentioned the end is getting closer and closer. Before we know the legendary career of Kobe Bryant will be over. Just thinking about it is sad and I'm pretty sure when he does announce his retirement in his few years I'll cry alot because he's someone I looked up to my entire life. Kobe is my idol and I have no shame in saying that. Saying I'll miss him greatly when he retires would be a huge, huge understatement.

I'm so glad that I have gotten the privilege of seeing and witnessing Kobe's greatness and his prime. Something I'll definitely tell my future children about. Kobe is a once in a generation type superstar. A long time will go by before we see a player as good as Kobe was and is now. Certainly will go down as one of the all time greats. Easily top five IMO and could go down as the greatest of all time if he can win a couple of more championships.

I also think it would be pretty awesome if this generation's top superstars all retired at the same time. I'm talking about Kobe obviously and also obviously his teammate Steve Nash, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki, Jason Kidd, Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. All those players I mentioned all had a great impact on the game of basketball and will be solely missed. Will be a sad day for the NBA when all these great careers come to an end.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:10 am

Doc Brown wrote:

I just realized the best part about this gif is that "Kobe Bryant Technical Foul" shows up right as he says it lol
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:38 pm

Elevation, ice, and manual therapy at Lakers facility.
Gotta get right!

Facebook post by the Mamba
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:41 am

He'll be fine. I'm calling him looking pretty good on Tuesday.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:43 am

therealdeal wrote:He'll be fine. I'm calling him looking pretty good on Tuesday.
Texas Lakers Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion