Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby phoenixrisingla on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:11 pm

Great defensive effort from everyone last night.

Love to get the W on the Heat and kick em while theyre down. :jam2:
phoenixrisingla

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:20 pm

Kobe can guard D-Wade. Actually, I think it was last Christmas game where Metta did a fantastic job on Lebron; as a matter of fact, Bynum stated to the effect that Metta put Lebron on an island. We can always switch up looks and put Clark on him, too.

D-Wade isn't actually the same player; he's less athletic and easier to stay in front of, IMO. Additonally, Kobe can work him on the offensive end.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:30 pm

I love that comment.

The cHeat probably did have it harder because let's see.....

1.) Lebron had a 1 hour special to boost his ego for charity.

2.) They had a damn pep rally celebrating an invisible ring.

3.) Not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4

4.) He choked in the Finals

Yea you guys had it harder because you paraded around like a**hats all year.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:36 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

LOL Jennings is awesome, respect for giving the Mamba some props.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby S.R.05 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:51 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

LOL Jennings is awesome, respect for giving the Mamba some props.

i got the impression from that shirt that it's the opposite of giving him props
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby socallakerlove on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:56 pm

Isn't that pic from last season?
socallakerlove

Postby Juronimo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:51 pm

Another great game from Kobe. His all around game is coming back. He's looked great the last 2 games. This is what I've been looking for.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:28 pm

therealdeal wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Who the heck is that?

Pistons guy ... just put it out there because I think he has a valid point ... MDA better monitor Kobe's role and minutes

We blew out two teams and he played less than 40 minutes in each. I already said it earlier tonight, this isn't going to be 100% for the rest of the season, but he can do this in a lot of games and in a lot of match-ups.

If we take care of business the right way, these kinds of games actually limit his minutes because the team is more successful.

Yes, yes and YES! Kobe's play has been awesome the last two games. Exactly what I want to see from him. He's moving the ball, playing defense and he's setting guys up and then picking his spots.

The criticisms I have had for him for much of the season, defense and ball movement, have improved dramatically over the past two games. Keep it up Kobe!

My favorite part was that even when things were getting sketchy (the 7 turnovers in a row or so), Kobe never gave up on the team concept. A few weeks ago, he would have started trying to take over but I think he is seeing that he does have weapons and while your weapons won't always hit the target, you got to keep leaning on them because eventually they will.
JGC

Postby The Rock on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:03 pm

He didn't D up the last few years because he saved himself for offense, its the truth, the times he went all out on D, his offense suffered, he cant be great on both ends anymore for long periods of time. Hopefully Dwight, Nash take a bigger role in the offense so Kobe can continue doing this thing otherwise Kobe's gonna have to take on the offensive responsibilities and conserve his energy for that end of the floor. Really sucks that guys like MWP, Meeks and Morris have been collectively ineffective on Defense and Kobe has had to pick up the slack for these guys when they're supposed to alleviate them.

For someone who's been labeled selfish he's doing things out of his responsibilities to help the team win filling in whatever need there is, he played PG when Nash was out for weeks, now he's being the team primary defender. In both instances he's still killing it with his usual scoring responsibilities, goes to show how truly great he is

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JGC on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:30 pm

The Rock wrote:He didn't D up the last few years because he saved himself for offense, its the truth, the times he went all out on D, his offense suffered, he cant be great on both ends anymore for long periods of time. Hopefully Dwight, Nash take a bigger role in the offense so Kobe can continue doing this thing otherwise Kobe's gonna have to take on the offensive responsibilities and conserve his energy for that end of the floor. Really sucks that guys like MWP, Meeks and Morris have been collectively ineffective on Defense and Kobe has had to pick up the slack for these guys when they're supposed to alleviate them.

For someone who's been labeled selfish he's doing things out of his responsibilities to help the team win filling in whatever need there is, he played PG when Nash was out for weeks, now he's being the team primary defender. In both instances he's still killing it with his usual scoring responsibilities, goes to show how truly great he is

Yeah I'm just not sure how much I buy that excuse though. Anyone who has the energy to take upwards of 30-40 shots in a game, could take 20 shots and play SOME level of defense. Kobe took the third highest volume of shots in his career last year. He had to stop trying on defense to do that? No thanks. That doesn't suggest to me anyway, a player who has to stop playing defense just to have enough energy to hoist up some shots.

I think as many great, amazing things Kobe has done, and still does, the one thing Kobe has always struggled with a bit, is balance. Whether it's shooting too much, or, in some odd cases, shooting way too less, or not playing any defense, I think balance has been a fair criticism on an otherwise darn near immaculate career. I think for most of his career, he's done a very good job and the success he has had is reflective of that. But there have been many times where he has a tendency to overdo it a bit on one end of things over the other.

There should be no reason for Kobe to have to take the 5th most shots he's ever taken in his career with the guys he has around him. And I think he is starting to see that again. That ... he can lead this team in other ways beyond just putting the ball in the basket. And when he does that, it does magical things for his team.

Oh and about Kobe being selfish. Of course he is selfish. He wants ALL the wins and nothing less.
JGC

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:22 am

socallakerlove wrote:Isn't that pic from last season?

yes, I remember reading the article when that picture was taken that Branden was giving Kobe props at the time. One of the players he has always looked up to
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:33 am

Kobe's gonna pick up two quick bogus fouls trying to show his new-found defensive desire guarding either Wade or Lebron, book it.
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby scissors on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:28 am

Punk-101 wrote:Kobe's gonna pick up two quick bogus fouls trying to show his new-found defensive desire guarding either Wade or Lebron, book it.

It's sad how the refs will call anything a foul if you are just near those 2 clowns.
scissors

Postby KobeCory8 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:38 am

i don't know if this has been posted but it's a good read. His confidence one on one is ridiculous.
Kobe Bryant taps me on the shoulder. “We doing this?” he asks. “Let’s go.”

He’s loose and confident, which essentially makes it a normal day in Bryant’s world.

Despite the unexpected wayward direction the Lakers season has taken, Bryant is ebullient during our exclusive, rare sit-down interview. He’s quick with a smirk or a joke and quite chummy. His exuberance suggests the Lakers are in the thick of a championship hunt. Today, his 17 years of accomplishment and five championship rings weigh more than a flimsy 17-21 record.

In Kobe Bryant’s universe, the sky is not falling. Actually, it’s still very much the limit.

On this recent January morning, he bounces from refreshingly candid to slightly guarded to inquisitive to surprisingly funny. But he quickly settles into a comfort zone, even slipping off his low-cut lavender Kobe 8s while absentmindedly fiddling with the three bracelets around his right ankle as he remembers how bewildered his 19-year-old self could once be.

Bryant and I sit for nearly an hour on the purple cushioned scorer’s table used for D-League games at the Lakers' practice facility in El Segundo, Calif. Just in front of us, little-used forward Devin Ebanks is on a side basket running baseline to baseline in a shooting drill with Lakers assistant coach Darvin Ham. At one point, as Kobe tells a story about his rookie season, head coach Mike D’Antoni walks by. Bryant looks ups, barely nods, without missing a beat or sacrificing a detail.

His facial features are as sharp as they were 10 years ago, his tongue sharper still. His voice is both familiar and easy. His usual baritone gets an octave deeper when a story moves him. The only difference is the once reckless swagger is now dispensed with careful precision, making it all the more venomous when needed.

He’s both appreciative of a lengthy career and the finite amount of time left to secure another ring. He’s grown weary of the broken record responses about his vastly underachieving Lakers. But today he reflects on his early years, contemplates hypothetical situations and offers details of his daily life.

This is Kobe Bryant, pretty much, unchained.

There’s something different about you. You seem so ... calm.

Because I am. That’s just the maturation. That’s 17 years of seeing everything the game can dish out. I’ve seen it all before. There’s no need to get too crazy or bent out of shape. There are still challenges everyday. But I’m still having fun. I was born to play this game. I still love it.

So you’re not a ticking time bomb?

[Laughs.] No, not at all. This is all stuff we’re going to work through. I know I don’t have much longer to do this so I’m going to enjoy it. I’m still going to find those challenges.

Are you still adding to your game?

At the end of 2003, my game was complete. Shooting, defense, using the dribble, transition, midrange stuff was all there. Then it was about fine-tuning and trying to improve in each area. People think the footwork stuff is new but I’ve always had great footwork. If you go back and look at film from 10 years ago, it’s all there: up-and-unders, spin moves, everything. I’ve been interested in footwork and how it benefits you since I was 8 or 9 years old. That’s just the way I was taught the game. The technical parts of the game always interested me.

You think you’ll ever score 50 again?

Yeah, it’ll happen.

Why have you only won one MVP?

Because I played with Shaq. It’s that simple. A lot of the time we cancelled each other out. I sacrificed a lot playing with him. I really did. I did it for the success of the team. If I never played with him my numbers would have been ridiculous.

Do you ever look back and marvel at some of the things you’ve accomplished like, say, the 81-point game?

To this day I’ve never seen that game. I don’t feel the need to watch it. What am I going to learn? I don’t watch those tapes. If I’m watching film it’s usually for an upcoming opponent.

[+] Enlarge
Jordan-BryantVince Bucci/AFP/Getty ImagesKobe says he was never intimidated when up against MJ.
When was the last time you watched Michael Jordan tapes?

Wow, it’s been a while. Probably not since 1999. I used to watch a bunch but that was a long time ago.

What was it like dropping 33 on him as a 19-year-old in your second year?

I wasn’t scared or nervous back then when I played Jordan. He looked at me like he was going to f--- me up but I had to let him know that I wasn’t that guy. I let him know that I’m not like all those other guys he played against. That’s not what I was there for. I was there to compete and I did.

Did you let him know that verbally?

More so by the way I played and competed.

Early on you got tired of the MJ comparisons but a part of you had to be flattered, right?

I appreciated them but after a while it just got old. They eventually faded away because I was putting together my own identity. But I’ll never forget how much I learned from MJ. I got so much from him. I knew what he did, I knew his moves and I used them. But for me the comparisons didn’t work because our situations were totally different. I came straight out of high school and played with a dominant big in Shaquille. Man, I was so young when I got to the NBA. What was I like 17? I mean, 17! The more you think about it, my situation was completely different than MJ’s so the comparisons were just, you know, I stopped paying attention to them.

Ironically towards the end of your career those comparisons are starting to return.

I don’t mind that now. It’s different now that I’m at the end of my career and I can look back. Fans will always want to know who’s better and like to compare players and I love that. That’s what I used to do. That’s why people are into basketball because it’s fun to debate those kinds of things.

React to this statement: A 17-year-old picked No. 13 in the draft will finish his career as one of the 10 best players ever.

If you would have told me that back then, I’d say you were nuts. Just nuts. It’s hard to believe.

Are you a Top 5 player all-time?

I don’t know. I hope so. I’ve still got a little time left, but honestly I haven’t thought a whole bunch about legacy and that kind of stuff. I just feel like there will be plenty of time for that.

Have you ever been intimidated on the basketball court?

Never. Not at all. My mind doesn’t work that way. It’s something that’s never even entered my thought process. The last time I was intimidated was when I was 6 years old in karate class. I was an orange belt and the instructor ordered me to fight a black belt who was a couple years older and a lot bigger. I was scared [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. I mean I was terrified and he kicked my a--. But then I realized he didn’t kick my a-- as bad as I thought he was going to and that there was nothing really to be afraid of. That was around the time I realized that intimidation didn’t really exist if you’re in the right frame of mind.

How did you feel when Magic called you the greatest Laker ever?

Words can’t describe it. He was my favorite player growing up and coming from him it couldn’t have meant more. At first I was praying I would grow to be 6-9 so I could pattern my game after his but I didn’t quite make it so I knew I wasn’t going to be like Magic. But he’s someone I’ve always admired and think highly of. That’s the greatest compliment.

Does it feel like the last 17 years have gone by fast?

It feels like the blink of an eye. I just think about how different I was back then. There are so many specific days that I can remember like they happened yesterday. When I was a rookie in my first training camp in Hawaii I ordered a bowl of cereal from room service. They were Frosted Flakes with a little thing of milk that came to $80! In 1996! I said "hell no" and told them to take it back. I got dressed and walked down to the corner store and bought a jug of milk and a big box of Frosted Flakes for like $10.

You were a young brash rookie that many vets weren’t too fond of. I can’t imagine people didn’t try to test you.

Oh yeah, they tried. During my rookie year we were in Portland and I drove the lane and Rasheed Wallace knocked me to the ground and stared at me. He tried to f--- me up but I wasn’t going to have it. I got right back up and drove even harder the next time. I really let people know early that I wasn’t the guy you could do that to.

Ever had a run-in with Kevin Garnett?

No, actually me and KG have been cool for a long time so he never tried anything with me. Being two of the first guys who came straight out of high school, we were kind of in the same boat. When I was a senior in high school I used to seek his counsel and ask him what I should do. He’d tell me what life was like on the road and how to deal with not playing that much. He really helped me quite a bit with my decision.

Is it hard to be your teammate?

No. That’s so overrated. If you come in ready to work then we’re good. Then we don’t have a problem.

Who is your best friend in the NBA that’s not a former teammate?

[Long pause.] There’s nobody I’m really hanging out with and going out with every night. But I’d probably say Carmelo Anthony. We’re pretty close. A lot of the guys from Team USA I get along with really well. I really respect those guys.

Usually self-appointed nicknames don’t really stick but Black Mamba has had real staying power.

Well, actually I didn’t come up with it. I think I was playing ball in the park in New York and they just started calling me that and it just stuck.

Oh, I didn’t know that.

Then I found out what a mamba can do with its quick-strike capability. There’s a really good scene in the movie "Kill Bill" that explains it.

Who would you most like to play one-on-one, either active or retired?

Jordan. No question.

What would happen?

I’m not sure, but he would win some and I would win some in a seven-game series. It would probably come down to the last few shots.

[+] Enlarge
Bryant-JamesJeff Gross/Getty ImagesWho would win in a Kobe-LeBron game? "Me. No question," says Mamba.
You versus LeBron? Who wins?

Me. No question. As far as one-on-one, I’m the best to ever do it.

Damn. That’s pretty confident.

LeBron is a terrific all-around, five-on-five basketball player who’s an all-time great. But I’d get him.

Who could get you?

Kevin Durant is the guy that would give me the most trouble. With his length and ability to use the dribble he’d be tough.

I always wanted to see you play Tracy McGrady.

I played T-Mac. I cooked him. Roasted him. Wasn’t even close. Ask him, he’ll tell you. When I was about 20, we were in Germany doing some promotional stuff for that other sneaker company and we played basketball everyday. We were in the gym all the time. We played three games of one-on-one to 11. I won all three games. One game I won 11-2. After the third game he said he had back spasms and couldn’t play anymore.

His back bothered him for most of his career.

Well, now you know.

What about Kyrie Irving?

[Huge smile, laugh.] Kyrie’s my boy, but he knows he doesn’t have anything for me. He doesn’t want to see me. But it would be fun. I’ve beaten a lot of guys one-on-one, like Reggie Miller and Grant Hill. I used to play Caron Butler all the time in practice when he was with the Lakers. When I was a rookie I used to get Nick van Exel and Eddie Jones. They know. They’ll tell you. They used to come at me hard but I wasn’t having that. I love going one-on-one with someone. That’s what I do. I’ve never lost. It’s a whole different game, just to have them right in front you and be able to do whatever you want.

When you’ve been playing basketball in the public eye for so long people can lose sight of the fact that you’re a regular person who just happens to be good at something that interests them.

I’m a normal person, of course. Sure.

When was the last time you pumped your own gas?

Yesterday. I do all of life’s daily tasks. The other day my wife and I stopped at 7-11 and I pulled up to the pump and I started to pump some gas. She went inside to buy something and was waiting in line. The guy in front of her sees me outside but doesn’t see her. He says, “Man, there’s Kobe Bryant pumping his own gas.” My wife says to the guy, “He wipes his own a--, too.”

She came back out and we had a big laugh about it. We both have the same sense of humor when it comes to stuff like that. But, yeah, I do the same things as everyone else.

Do you still have an interest in motorcycles? And how did that begin?

Yeah, I still do. I still have my bike. I didn’t grow up riding but I took several courses that included road tests. I also took three safety courses about how to crash and get out of tricky situations. You’ve got to know it because you’re eventually going to drop the bike.

Did you ever drop the bike?

No, but I had some close calls in tight traffic.

Do you have a thrill-seeking personality?

[Smiles big.] Unfortunately, I do. I’d love to go skydiving when I’m done playing. I might jump back on the bike too. It’s about the challenge of overcoming the fear. If I’m afraid of something that only makes me want to do it more.

What do you Google?

Fourth-grade math problems when I’m helping my daughter. And if I can’t figure something else out then I’ll look it up. But other than that I really don’t Google anything.

Ever Google yourself?

No. Why? I know everything there is to know about me. I know some celebrities are into that but that’s not me. Some of them even have alerts sent to them.

[+] Enlarge
Quentin Tarantino, Kobe BryantKevin Winter/Getty ImagesMemo to Nike: These two should be working together.
What do you do when you can’t sleep?

Sometimes I take an Ambien. But if my mind is racing I may get up and do something. The other night I was in my hotel room and couldn’t sleep so I got up and went across the street to see "Django [Unchained]."

What did you think?

It was genius. Absolutely incredible. Everything by Quentin Tarantino usually is, but this took it to another level. It’s the way he tells a story and the kind of characters he creates. It was crazy violent but the story is so strong and that’s what you remember.

I know you’re a big Robert Rodriguez fan. He’s from the same maverick filmmaking school as Tarantino. Would you want to work with Tarantino?

That would be incredible. Can you imagine one of my commercials with him?

What’s your favorite commercial you’ve ever been in?

The Kobe System campaign was great. It was really smart and funny and turned out well. Working with Kanye West and Richard Branson was a lot of fun. Also definitely the Black Mamba Nike spot that Robert Rodriquez did. I loved seeing how he worked and put things together. "Desperado" is one of my favorite movies.

Who would play you in a movie about your life?

I don’t know. That’s a tough one.

What about Samuel Jackson? You cuss like him.

[Sheepish smile.] That would be something. [Does a brief PG-rated Sam Jackson impression.]

What would happen if you tried to grow your hair out again?

It would be a struggle. It would be awfully thin up front. There would be a two-month period where people would look at me like what the f--- is going on. It would just be messed up.

You’d be looking like Django.

Exactly! Sometimes in the offseason when I’m laying low and no one sees me I just let it go. I’ll have this full beard and everything. It’s been a while since the ’fro. Those days are long gone.

What’s your biggest pet peeve?

I hate dog s---. I won’t go near it. So pissed when I step in it. I’ve got four dogs and I just don’t do dog doo. I’m a diva when it comes to that. Back in the day when I was in Italy, I used to order shoes from Nike all the time. I had to have all the fresh joints. I ordered the Elephant Print Jordans that were amazing. I went to the park to play and stepped in a huge pile of dog s---. You wouldn’t believe how mad I was. I was breaking off sticks to try to get it out of the crevices. I smacked them together and scraped the soles on the curb but couldn’t get it all out. Ever since that day I just can’t stand dog crap.

You made a glorious arrival to Twitter. Are there any NBA players you might want to follow?

Probably not. I’m not interested in what you had for breakfast. Twitter is great to connect with fans and be transparent. I enjoy that aspect about it. But really I’m still trying to figure it out.

So what are you going to do with the rest of your day?

I gotta catch a fishing boat. I’m taking my daughters fishing. It’s daddy time.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom ... ron-django
KobeCory8

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:27 pm

Wow that was actually the best Kobe interview I've read in a long, long time.

This dude's foot is half way out the door but he might be the only guy I've seen that talks about retirement but hasn't checked out mentally. Just really special.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby shoe on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:37 pm

The other day my wife and I stopped at 7-11 and I pulled up to the pump and I started to pump some gas. She went inside to buy something and was waiting in line. The guy in front of her sees me outside but doesn’t see her. He says, “Man, there’s Kobe Bryant pumping his own gas.” My wife says to the guy, “He wipes his own a--, too.”

:man10: :man10:
shoe

Postby TylerCaviar on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 pm

I know everyone wants Dwight to lead the charge on defense. But it seems to me this team is better off with Kobe being our defensive anchor. It may tire him out on offense but we dont need Kobe slacking on defense to focus on offense when we have the tools.

This team feeds off Kobe's defense not his offense. Kobe knows this as well he even alluded to it after practice yesterday. He has enough gas in the tank to focus on defense and not so much on offense. This team is better off that and I hope Kobe sticks to this game plan.
The Lakers are my drug of choice.
TylerCaviar

Postby checkers09 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:25 pm

new commercial.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby kenzo on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:34 pm

^ wicked :jam2:
kenzo

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:58 pm

Comment on youtube:

1 hour ago

So glad to have enjoyed 16 years of Kobe with my beloved Lakers. Not the best of all time, maybe not even top-5, but I love his determination, work ethic and will to win.

Interesting..... Do you all think Kobe's top 5 material if he were to retire next season? Or would he need one more title or two more?
Jazzygirl205

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:06 pm

Tough call. I'd say maybe... There's a few that get the nod over him for sure, then there's a few that he's right there alongside.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:16 pm

I wasn’t scared or nervous back then when I played Jordan. He looked at me like he was going to f--- me up but I had to let him know that I wasn’t that guy. I let him know that I’m not like all those other guys he played against. That’s not what I was there for. I was there to compete and I did.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby pound4pound1 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:02 pm

that was a great interview
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby charvin on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:57 pm

The Rock wrote:He didn't D up the last few years because he saved himself for offense, its the truth, the times he went all out on D, his offense suffered, he cant be great on both ends anymore for long periods of time. Hopefully Dwight, Nash take a bigger role in the offense so Kobe can continue doing this thing otherwise Kobe's gonna have to take on the offensive responsibilities and conserve his energy for that end of the floor. Really sucks that guys like MWP, Meeks and Morris have been collectively ineffective on Defense and Kobe has had to pick up the slack for these guys when they're supposed to alleviate them.

I don't think you can be great on both ends for long periods of time. Take Harden for example, he is young and still got absolutely torched and taxed starting the 2nd Round of the postseason. Having to guard Kobe, then Ginobli, and then Wade/LBJ, completely and utterly destroyed his offense.
charvin

Postby checkers09 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:00 pm

:man10: @ Can't Defend This Milk & All-Purpose Clutch Flour

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion