Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 am

odom1year wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Durant averages less assists than Kobe Bryant does. Want to try that again?

You have pointed out a fact. If you are playing a team game, everyone should have his role. Like PG should lead in assist in the team. Durant averages less assists than Kobe, it's not because he is an awful passer. I think you should realize that Kobe holding the ball is far more longer than any player in the league. Kobe is our true PG since Shaq left the team. Fans are just blaming Chucks, parker, Fisher...every Lakers PG. They never know Kobe has taken over their jobs. If Magic Johnson is not holding the ball and making plays, will he be the Magic ?

Ridiculous argument based on a lack of knowledge about the Triangle offense and the ineptitude of the point guards that Kobe has played with. Durant is a SF and Kobe is a SG. Neither is a PG, so if I expect them to average similar assist numbers how is that unreasonable? And if I therefore compare those numbers that should be similar and show that one player is assisting more than another how is that unreasonable?

Heck, for that matter why is it okay for you to compare Durant's scoring but not his assists? Probably because you have an obvious anti-Kobe agenda.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:37 am

The Rock wrote:Kobe took some horrible shots tonight...and made it so i hope moving forward people dont complain about shot selection and be upset he missed it because hes taking the same shots he usually takes

No one will complain if we keep winning. We need entertainment and cheering, Kobe is the only one who can provide it.
odom1year

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:38 am

odom1year wrote:
therealdeal wrote:The Thunder have all of their major players playing for them.

The Lakers are missing two Hall of Fame players.

Maybe the problem is that we have 27 million tied up on the bench. Throw in 3 more million for Jordan Hill. Throw in another 4 for Steve Blake.

Maybe the problem with this team is that we're missing half of it. Kobe Bryant is playing his a** off for the team.

But I'm done conversing with trolls.

Take it easy. Lakers will win next game. Pau will back in next week. Nash will back in next 2 weeks. One more sure thing is Kobe will take 20+ shots as usual.

Take it easy is a great argument.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:13 am

ahh the smell of Kobe hate is like coffee in the morning :bow:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby kenzo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:16 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:ahh the smell of Kobe hate is like coffee in the morning :bow:

it's even better :man9:
kenzo

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:49 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:ahh the smell of Kobe hate is like coffee in the morning :bow:

:man10:

3 things are certain in life:

Death, Taxes, & Kobe Hate
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby King of Clutch on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:18 am

King of Clutch

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:23 am

therealdeal wrote:Durant has had two straight 30 point games. You're losing your humor. I'll give you an unofficial warning for being a troll.

Last chance.

Funny.... I posted something similar a few days ago and mentioned "one trick pony" with the tone of every single post it seems, and it got deleted. He's a Kobe troll plain and simple. What else does he ever talk about except bash Kobe every chance? :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby borri on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:32 am

The Rock wrote:Kobe took some horrible shots tonight...and made it so i hope moving forward people dont complain about shot selection and be upset he missed it because hes taking the same shots he usually takes

Rock, it's not about shot selection or the # of shots he takes. It's about knowing the feel of the game. When your teammates are hitting, you, as the leader must take advantage of it. Especially with new teammates, it's incredibly important to develop chemistry and trust.

It's simple really. If the team is shooting well and you're not, it's ridiculous to take all those shots like he did in WAS. On the other hand if you are red hot, and even if you teammates are shooting well, feed the hot hand.
borri

Postby kenzo on Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:43 am

Great game and he still gets crap. Let's wait for a stinker, shall we? :man9:
kenzo

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:47 am

Kobe scores and shoots, it's a problem, doesn't matter if he's hot or not. Russel Westbrook, Carmelo Anthony and other players go on a scoring tear "We're amazed and can't help talk about how great they are and they're so called "potential if they're young and budding". No one nit picked Carmelo when he put up all those numbers against us talking about "ball hog". Melo has the tendency to take a bulk of shots himself but he's been labeled the "easisest scorer in the NBA", I don't get it? I'll be honest and say Kobe irks me a lot of games with his shot selection and inability to stop when things don't fall. But I also hate how throughout the years how people nit pick him for have the exact same approach as other players to the game. The Kobe bias has held up well over the years.
Jazzygirl205

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:54 am

Lol at comparing a 24 year old 6'10 superstar to a 17th season veteran who played more than 60 000 min in his career ....

It is normal and obvious Durant is a better player than the 34 year old Kobe and it's amazing Kobe is still currently the 3rd best player in the league at this point of his career
wcsoldier81

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 am

borri wrote:

Rock, it's not about shot selection or the # of shots he takes. It's about knowing the feel of the game. When your teammates are hitting, you, as the leader must take advantage of it. Especially with new teammates, it's incredibly important to develop chemistry and trust.

It's simple really. If the team is shooting well and you're not, it's ridiculous to take all those shots like he did in WAS. On the other hand if you are red hot, and even if you teammates are shooting well, feed the hot hand.

While being beyond annoyed with the every single post containing a Kobe bash from a certain member here, I think borri's post is spot on and echoes the frustration we all feel from time to time with Kobe. But I truly believe it is not his quest for points as those come regardless. Just we are down in games and at a certain point he feels compelled to take it on himself to try to right the sinking ship / season. Rightly or wrongly in those situations. He was having his most efficient and best shooting year most of this season. Above all else he is the engine on this team every year that drives it toward nothing less than a championship.
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerjones on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:15 am

King of Clutch wrote:

^^ :man10: :man10:

Puff, that just made it on my all time favorite posts list! :bow:
Lakerjones

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:59 am

therealdeal wrote:Durant has had two straight 30 point games. You're losing your humor. I'll give you an unofficial warning for being a troll.

Last chance.

:jam2: :jam2:
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:07 am

This.
A LOT of people seem to be pretty much just box score readers. The same guy blasting him the last game against Washington for shooting low % is now praising him for this game, when all that changed is that he was simply making shots last night. Shot selection didn't change much. I didn't think he took bad shots except for 1 or 2, those are shots I trust him to make, and he does too, which is why he shoots them.

People like to say "oh he's shooting 50%" and make it out to be so much better than shooting say, 45%. If you take 20 shots a game, the difference between shooting 50% and 45% is ONE shot. One shot that can go in and out, one no call, one shot to beat the clock, one bail out shot..
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby cthroatgtr on Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:14 pm

Finwë wrote:

This.
A LOT of people seem to be pretty much just box score readers. The same guy blasting him the last game against Washington for shooting low % is now praising him for this game, when all that changed is that he was simply making shots last night. Shot selection didn't change much. I didn't think he took bad shots except for 1 or 2, those are shots I trust him to make, and he does too, which is why he shoots them.

People like to say "oh he's shooting 50%" and make it out to be so much better than shooting say, 45%. If you take 20 shots a game, the difference between shooting 50% and 45% is ONE shot. One shot that can go in and out, one no call, one shot to beat the clock, one bail out shot..

With Kobe isn't that about 5 no-calls a game...just saying...
cthroatgtr

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:28 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:Lol at comparing a 24 year old 6'10 superstar to a 17th season veteran who played more than 60 000 min in his career ....

It is normal and obvious Durant is a better player than the 34 year old Kobe and it's amazing Kobe is still currently the 3rd best player in the league at this point of his career

Durant is not just playing better and more efficient. The most important thing I want to point out is Durant is a better leader than veteran Kobe in building up a champion team. Durant leads his team in a better way than Kobe does. Especially you have a star lineups. We have the best center in the league. What we hear most recently about D12 ? Bad FT ? Hack a howard ? Why not his dominance ??
odom1year

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:30 pm

To be a, "champion team", don't you have to win a championship first?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:36 pm

Doc Brown wrote:To be a, "champion team", don't you have to win a championship first?

:man10: :man10: :man10:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:47 pm

Doc Brown wrote:To be a, "champion team", don't you have to win a championship first?

Looks like we have to worry about OKC now. Old Spurs are not their answer.
odom1year

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:32 am

odom1year wrote:
wcsoldier81 wrote:Lol at comparing a 24 year old 6'10 superstar to a 17th season veteran who played more than 60 000 min in his career ....

Durant is not just playing better and more efficient. The most important thing I want to point out is Durant is a better leader than veteran Kobe in building up a champion team. Durant leads his team in a better way than Kobe does. Especially you have a star lineups. We have the best center in the league. What we hear most recently about D12 ? Bad FT ? Hack a howard ? Why not his dominance ??

Duh! Because frankly on his own right now in the key he's not. Limited athleticism from what he has had prior to back surgery and coming back from not having a full usual summer, and also a somewhat limited game in the post. Watch him operate in there. We're not talking Hakeem here. This is also not a fully functioning with all its pieces, well oiled machine right now. "Bad FT" "Hack a Howard"? What's the question? Hell yeah smart teams do it. His "dominance" would be coming along a wee bit better if he would shoot them like he says he does in practice. Do it. This isn't Kobe sucking up all of "poor" Dwight's mojo. Give it a bleeping rest.... same posts over and over and over.
LTLakerFan

Postby kenzo on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:10 am

kenzo

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:31 am

Finwë wrote:

This.

He will have to take ( and most likely will) better shots when Pau and Steve come back .
Kobe shots selection until late Nov was very good and he was very efficient game after game.

I see two main reasons for his bad shots selection lately :

- We miss another playmaker and offensive threat in Pau so Kobe has even less space to operate and is even more of a focus of the opponent D

- MDA doesn't like post ups so Kobe great skills in this department go to waste ...

Way too many three pts from Kobe in the past 10+ games and it has as much (probably more) to do with MDA love for chucking 3pters as with Kobe stubborness.
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 am

odom1year wrote:

Examples/Arguments of KD being a better leader than Kobe ? ... I'm not saying KD is a bad leader by any stretch but many "insiders"and Porkins himself have said he is the manager of the egoes on the Thunder team.

I agree Kobe hasn't involved his teammates ( D12 including) enough as of late but two things :

- Dwight isn't the same player he was before the back surgery ... not even close despite what some posters would like to believe after each of the few 20+/10 games he had.

- Everybody on this team is ignoring D12 and prefer chucking 3s for some significant period of times
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion