Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:55 am

It's cool with me. It's better for these injuries to happen early and not later. Hopefully this won't linger.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:13 pm

It'll be interesting to see how we look with Kobe out. Mike Brown will have no excuse to not have Nash running the show now instead of using him like Sessions, so maybe this could even be a blessing in disguise.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:29 pm

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter. According to Mike Trudell, he's out tonight and the last pre-season game of the season. He'll re-evaluated over the weekend.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 pm

The Kings tried to beat up Kob and Dwight last game, so this must be a precaution. Clips fight and flop, so MB wants to keep them from getting any unnecessary roughness until the season starts.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:56 pm

bought this during my lunch break right now:

too bad they didnt have the sports illustrated with nash and dwight on it yet
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby revgen on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:41 pm

I think Kobe is sitting out because the team and the coaching staff are really trying to narrow down who stays and who goes. They're in a tough spot having a bunch of guys with guaranteed and partially guaranteed contracts who don't look particularly impressive. Especially Morris and Clark. Do they keep them or let them go?
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby KJ MonK on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:49 pm

KB24stk wrote:Just watched this game :jam2:

One of the craziest game's last few years. And also the game where we discover Jordan :jam2:

ive never seen anyone get on rolls like he does, where its like he cant miss... he put on a clinic on Thabo that game... the Denver game that we lost at home in the playoffs was crazy too, he was hitting every critical shot... as far him avg 22-24 ppg, i think we need more like 25-27 ppg, which is also realistic... his teammates never seem to affect how many shots he gets up, he even chucks at the all star games hah
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
"I know I can score 20 or 30 points anytime I want," Vujacic said.
KJ MonK

Postby XXIV on Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:51 pm

therealdeal wrote:Something that people haven't really touched on is that with Kobe and Dwight on the team, we're going to be at the free throw line a LOT.

Kobe has been averaging 9.4 free throws per game so far in this pre-season. I expect that to drop to closer to 8, but combine that with Dwight who is consistently among the league's leaders in free throw attempts, and we're going to have a parade at the line on many games.

By the way Kobe is shooting very well from the line: 87%.

Wow I didn't know he was averaging that many free throws. He hasn't averaged that many since maybe 2008?
XXIV

Postby lakersStan24 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Kobe is like 100% From the Free Throw line He Barely Misses
Please Subscribe to My YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/LakersMix/videos?view=0
lakersStan24

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm

lakersStan24 wrote:Kobe is like 100% From the Free Throw line He Barely Misses

84% of the time it goes in every time.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:54 pm

KJ MonK wrote:ive never seen anyone get on rolls like he does, where its like he cant miss... he put on a clinic on Thabo that game... the Denver game that we lost at home in the playoffs was crazy too, he was hitting every critical shot... as far him avg 22-24 ppg, i think we need more like 25-27 ppg, which is also realistic... his teammates never seem to affect how many shots he gets up, he even chucks at the all star games hah

Then you don't watch enough basketball. Did you watch game 6 ECF? LeBron had 45/15/5 on 19/26 shooting. Lots of great scorers go on runs. Dirk did it in '11 playoffs. Melo just doesn't seem to miss in the clutch. Wade has had his fair share.
v1n5anity

Postby lakerfan2 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:58 pm

lakersStan24 wrote:Kobe is like 100% From the Free Throw line He Barely Misses

:man10: :man10: :man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:12 pm

XXIV wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Something that people haven't really touched on is that with Kobe and Dwight on the team, we're going to be at the free throw line a LOT.

Kobe has been averaging 9.4 free throws per game so far in this pre-season. I expect that to drop to closer to 8, but combine that with Dwight who is consistently among the league's leaders in free throw attempts, and we're going to have a parade at the line on many games.

By the way Kobe is shooting very well from the line: 87%.

Wow I didn't know he was averaging that many free throws. He hasn't averaged that many since maybe 2008?

Yep 07-08. Since that season he hasn't averaged more than 8. I'm thinking he ends up at just around 8 this season. Late in games, when teams are in foul trouble I hope he's aggressive. Him and Nash.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby KJ MonK on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:36 pm

V1n5anity wrote:
KJ MonK wrote:ive never seen anyone get on rolls like he does, where its like he cant miss... he put on a clinic on Thabo that game... the Denver game that we lost at home in the playoffs was crazy too, he was hitting every critical shot... as far him avg 22-24 ppg, i think we need more like 25-27 ppg, which is also realistic... his teammates never seem to affect how many shots he gets up, he even chucks at the all star games hah

Then you don't watch enough basketball. Did you watch game 6 ECF? LeBron had 45/15/5 on 19/26 shooting. Lots of great scorers go on runs. Dirk did it in '11 playoffs. Melo just doesn't seem to miss in the clutch. Wade has had his fair share.

with those players u can name one or two instances... kobe has had multiple games that i vividly remember him going off for 20+ points in a row... i can name like 10 off the top of my head, can u do that with LeBron, Melo, and Dirk? from separate years? Kobe JUST did it in the preseason this year... if u notice, we remember when every1 else does it cause its so much more rare
@KJ_MonK

“Some time ago, talking to some people, they wanted a bonus if the Lakers made the playoffs. I said, `Bonus? If we don’t make the playoffs, you don’t work here anymore.”’
- Jerry Buss
KJ MonK

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:49 pm

KJ MonK wrote:
V1n5anity wrote:

with those players u can name one or two instances... kobe has had multiple games that i vividly remember him going off for 20+ points in a row... i can name like 10 off the top of my head, can u do that with LeBron, Melo, and Dirk? from separate years? Kobe JUST did it in the preseason this year... if u notice, we remember when every1 else does it cause its so much more rare

That's not the point. You said you never saw anyone else do it. That can only mean you don't watch much basketball outside of the Lakers.
v1n5anity

Postby KJ MonK on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:12 pm

^ *ive never seen any1 get on rollS like him

obviously ive seen people get hot, even if i watched only Lakers games id see opposing players (usually the PGs) get hot... ive seen arenas put up 60 on us, allan houston and jamison go off etc... just never over n over, i wouldnt see them do something like that again the rest of the season... kobe not only does it again but sometimes has streaks where he does it multiple games in a row... i know someone here gets what i meant
@KJ_MonK

- Jerry Buss
KJ MonK

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 5:20 pm

I get it.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 pm

KJ MonK wrote:^ *ive never seen any1 get on rollS like him

obviously ive seen people get hot, even if i watched only Lakers games id see opposing players (usually the PGs) get hot... ive seen arenas put up 60 on us, allan houston and jamison go off etc... just never over n over, i wouldnt see them do something like that again the rest of the season... kobe not only does it again but sometimes has streaks where he does it multiple games in a row... i know someone here gets what i meant

Ok so you HAVE seen others go on a roll like he has.

Once again, the point wasn't if others do it as frequently as Kobe. My point was that others HAVE gone off on huge runs like he has even though you claimed you never saw it.
v1n5anity

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:40 pm

V1n5anity wrote:

Once again, the point wasn't if others do it as frequently as Kobe. My point was that others HAVE gone off on huge runs like he has even though you claimed you never saw it.

What's the big deal? So he didn't get his original point across the way he intended to. We all just wish we were as objective as you.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:59 pm

Man I cannot wait for the season. I haven't really watched much of the pre-season, but judging from the highlights Kobe has looked really good. I said it when the trade for Nash went down Kobe is gonna have a monster season. Maybe his best ever. Maybe not statistically, but from an efficiency stand point. Nash is gonna make life so much easier for Kobe. He can play off ball alot more. No more seeing isolation basketball all the time. No more of Kobe being the only player on the team that can create for himself or others. In the last two seasons really Kobe has been dead tired come fourth quarter time because he had to spend so much energy creating not only his own shot, but creating for his teammates as well. Now that won't be the case so Kobe will be fresh when the fourth quarter comes and he can do what he does best. Close games and destroy the opponents in the clutch. Nash can also do it as well so now we will have two legit closers. That'll make it very tough for opposing defenses.

I'm not gonna say Kobe will shoot 50 percent, but I believe he'll come close to it. Playing with Howard will also help him out alot because defensively he can play a free safety role knowing he's gonna that big bad man behind him. He can gamble more for steals which should lead to alot of fast break points. Also offensively just throw it up near the rim and Dwight will go get it and throw it down. When Kobe drives teams will have to help which will leave the shooters open. They just gotta knock them down. Bottom line is playing with Steve and Dwight will help Kobe immensely.

Call me crazy, but I believe the best has yet to come for Kobe Bryant. Saying I'm excited for Tuesday night and for the season to begin would be a huge understatement.
Go Lakers, let's go get #17!!!!! :jam2:
Last edited by Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:47 pm

We already have #16
v1n5anity

Postby v1n5anity on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:55 pm

The Original 81 wrote:
V1n5anity wrote:

What's the big deal? So he didn't get his original point across the way he intended to. We all just wish we were as objective as you.

Who said it was a big deal? This is a basketball forum and I am discussing basketball. Thanks for your input though.
v1n5anity

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:53 pm

Actually you misread what he wrote and then gave him a tough time for it.

He said he's never seen guys get on rolls like Kobe. As in multiple times going on rolls and being unstoppable.

I don't see how that could be refutable. Kobe on a roll was hotter than anyone this league has ever seen. And he did it multiple times. Sure, some guys get hot for a game or get hot for two games. Kobe has had multiple stretches of 40 points in a row and of course gone off for 81.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:49 pm

If he has to miss the first few games I wouldnt mind it. Let him heal up

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8546809/kobe-bryant-los-angeles-lakers-miss-remainder-preseason-due-foot-injury

LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Lakers coach Mike Brown said Wednesday night that there is "question" Lakers guard Kobe Bryant will recover from a foot injury in time to play in next Tuesday night's season opener against the Dallas Mavericks.

"I don't know if he'll be ready," Brown said after the Lakers 97-91 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Wednesday. "So yeah, I guess there is question. I'm just going to wait for [Lakers trainer] Gary Vitti to tell me he can play because there's nothing I can do about it until they release him anyway.

Bryant sat out of Wednesday's game and has already been ruled out of Thursday's exhibition finale in San Diego against the Sacramento Kings. According to a team spokesman, he spent most of Wednesday's game getting treatment on his foot in the training room, and did not come out to the Lakers bench during the game.

Bryant's injury is classified as a strain, and the team is officially saying he is out indefinitely. However, Bryant reported some improvement in his foot to team officials prior to Wednesday's shootaround.

A 17-year veteran, Bryant missed several practices earlier in training camp because of discomfort in the same right foot. However sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com Wednesday night that this injury is a different injury, in a different place on his right foot, and is considerably more painful.

Bryant was injured this time when he tripped over Thomas Robinson's foot in the third quarter of Sunday's 99-92 loss to the Sacramento Kings.

Bryant told reporters Tuesday that he was experiencing a lot of pain from the injury and doubted he would play in Wednesday's game, even if it was a regular-season contest.

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby wcsoldier81 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:03 am

Nothing to read here ... Clown always tells reporters " I wait for Vitty to tell me if a player can go or not "
wcsoldier81

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion