Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: coaching like crazy

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:39 pm

I posted this in the random thread too, but I figured it could work here because it is Kobe related :man1: :

Question for any basketball shoe connoisseurs, when do you think Kobe's next shoe would be released? I need to get some new basketball shoes, my Kobe 7s have a lot of wear and tear (got them exactly a year ago). And if anyone has the Kobe 8s, should I just get those? Recommendations welcome.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Cleansed on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:04 am

If one looks at my the bottom of my post regarding a dedicated "troll" thread they'll notice that i edited the post 2x immediately after posting. This is because i added something that directly addressed the "foe" or "ignore" list. I decided not to post that portion as i felt it took away from the spirit of the post as it stands now.

What i had posted initially regarding the foe list is that, yes, i'm aware of the fact that we have a foe list and actually utilize it to great effect :man1: . Unfortunately there are times that i don't sign in while reading this marvelous board that i've been a part of for almost a decade and i inevitably come across the tired cliche post "Kobe did (fill in the blank) and thats why John The Pope died. Honest." . After almost 10 years it's akin to biting into spoiled meat in an otherwise fine meal.

Or stepping into some flaming **** some jack off left on your porch. Sure you can wash the **** off (sign in and enact the foe list as opposed to reading without being signed in) but the ****s already on your shoe . You cant " un see" the ****. I'd like to have the **** removed from and kept off of the porch to begin with.

Or at least corral the **** creators. I'm sure that there are enough posters on this board that can identify the thinly veiled nonsense hiding behind a veneer of civility that they would be EASILY identified.

*BTW.. i'm , believe it or not, starting to dislike the word troll almost as much as actual trolls hate being called it. I prefer "detractor" but that suggests a valid counter perspective as opposed to one rooted in bias ,shock value as a goal and a lack of knowledge so i stick with troll more often than not but i'd prefer to give these trolls a more "honorable" title. Some deserve it).

With that said i'm going to leave this topic alone as it's been derailed enough.

Vasashi17 wrote:
However, one thing I never understood is why do members who take such great offense in what others' say not take the power into their own hands and utilize certain functions that this forum already offers you:

http://www.clublakers.com/ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes

I encourage these users to compile their own personal "troll list". Essentially, those members in question will be "banished" from your CL forum experience.
"The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."
You do not see things as they are, you see things as you are.
Cleansed

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:03 am

Lakerjones wrote:Kobe's really been sucking lately. It's like he's not making any impact out there on the court at all. He's pulling a Casper.

Dude! Now that's trolling.....what do you expect him to be doing right now??????

:man12:
LTLakerFan

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:21 am

Ayla. Kobe'Lakers ‏@Lakers_KobeB 19 Mars
“@kobebryant: #countonthew #nomamba #noswan #noproblem. Great opportunity tonight” How's your ankle Mambs?

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 21 h
@Lakers_KobeB feeling much much stronger today.
wcsoldier81

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:38 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Ayla. Kobe'Lakers ‏@Lakers_KobeB 19 Mars
“@kobebryant: #countonthew #nomamba #noswan #noproblem. Great opportunity tonight” How's your ankle Mambs?

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 21 h
@Lakers_KobeB feeling much much stronger today.

That's encouraging news. He still has today & tomorrow to get treatment and hopefully return for Friday. We'll have had 3 days off ad hopefully won't be as fatigued as we were in the Phoenix game.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:41 am

LTLakerFan wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:Kobe's really been sucking lately. It's like he's not making any impact out there on the court at all. He's pulling a Casper.

Dude! Now that's trolling.....what do you expect him to be doing right now??????

:man12:

I swear, it's like he isn't even there the last couple games. :man12:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Re: Kobe Discussion: ankle feeling much stronger (591)

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Not even a single pass in the last two games.... Not even one!!!

He's just a ballhog.... Amnesty him :man13:
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:27 pm

He should be able to sit Friday as well.

Do we really need him to beat the Wizards at home?
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:54 pm

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 1h
@xlakersx_rakshu ankle feels fine. Gonna practice full speed tmr then take it from there
Retweeted by KEVIN DING
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:56 pm

The Mamba man shall returneth
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Chillbongo

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:18 pm

^ Nioce!!!! :bow:
Jazzygirl205

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:30 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Image

Now that isn't fair. Kobe had better teammates in a worse conference while Lebron played against much stronger opposition and carried a team of scrubs. Also Kobe went further into the playoffs so it isn't fair to compare. More importantly this was only one year. Look at what Lebron is doing now in his Prime. This is the greatest anyone has ever played, ever. And he is doing it with a bunch of scrubs. :jam2:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:42 pm

And to go against that sarcastic argument that some will actually use, Kobe barely played in the playoffs his first 2 seasons, LeBron came in as his teams franchise player and got more points earlier on because of it. Also, it makes sense that Kobe has those numbers, having gone to the Finals 4 times by 28, the WCF multiple times, regularly putting up 30 point games, and dropping 40 on certain teams multiple times, and only missing the playoffs one time by that age I believe.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:10 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Now that isn't fair. Kobe had better teammates in a worse conference while Lebron played against much stronger opposition and carried a team of scrubs. Also Kobe went further into the playoffs so it isn't fair to compare. More importantly this was only one year. Look at what Lebron is doing now in his Prime. This is the greatest anyone has ever played, ever. And he is doing it with a bunch of scrubs. :jam2:

But you forgot the most important!

LeBron has not played in enough playoffs and or been to as many Finals for these numbers to be fair. Of course Kobe is going to have greater numbers, he's played in the playoffs more. If Snaq didn't carry him to the Finals, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
Chillbongo

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:35 pm

Weezy wrote:And to go against that sarcastic argument that some will actually use, Kobe barely played in the playoffs his first 2 seasons, LeBron came in as his teams franchise player and got more points earlier on because of it. Also, it makes sense that Kobe has those numbers, having gone to the Finals 4 times by 28, the WCF multiple times, regularly putting up 30 point games, and dropping 40 on certain teams multiple times, and only missing the playoffs one time by that age I believe.

In all fairness and truth Kobe is so underrated it isn't funny. The dude has been amazing, period.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:08 pm

He really is underrated the way most of the media ignore or dismiss his entire playoff career aside from only mentioning his ring count. This is a guy who actually UPS his game in the playoffs, and that's not easy to do when you play as well as he does during the regular season. Very few players have consistently done what Kobe has his entire career.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:15 pm

I always laugh how many talk about Shaq's Finals MVP's but never mention that Kobe carried the team up until the Finals in most of our series. I mean they both balled but there were series where Kobe was other wordly getting us to the Finals. Just unappreciated for real.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Chillbongo on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:16 pm

^ And the games where Shaq fouled out (Indiana, 2000) or when they'd hack a Shaq and he'd take over.
Chillbongo

Postby Herm24 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:29 pm

People always get caught up in the finals MVP debate but what they don't realize was the east was piss poor during our 3 Peat with no centers .. The west was stacked and Kobe carried the Lakers thru the west just as much as shaq did
Herm24

Postby odom1year on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:22 pm

3 days off is so nice, especially to Kobe.
odom1year

Postby karacha on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:29 pm

If Kobe feels like playing, he'll play. That's how it usually works. He got some time off and if his ankle feels OK in practice, it's all good. He knows what he can- and can't do.

Pau should also come back if there are no setbacks. MDA has to figure out that 9-man rotation and we need to build chemistry with Gasol at the 5.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby nickvanexel on Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:45 pm

I dont know, why the general consensus was reached that it was only/mainly Shaq that fought us through those 3peat playoffs. I was there, I mean: I was in Germany, I sat in front of our German broadcast and watched those games live. And the hype was there. Kobe an his game was celebrated as much as Shaq's. Everyone was amazed by his clutch shots and his dominance. Ok, his game was a bit immature compared to his prime some years later, but man, he was the best player in the NBA even back then.
nickvanexel

Postby JSM on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Kamenetzky Brothers
Antawn Jamison: Kobe encourages us to yell at him.
Antawn Jamison appeared Wednesday on ESPNLA 710's "Max and Marcellus" to discuss the Lakers' playoff push. Among other details, he shared how Kobe Bryant, considered among the more intimidating teammates in the NBA, tells his supporting cast to get in his face.

Per Dave McMenamin, ESPNLA.com:

"Kobe will tell you," Jamison said. "He's like, 'Look, you guys as my teammates, yell at me. Let me know that you're open because I'm so programmed,' and this guy has told me this, 'I see nothing but that basket. You could be open, there could be three guys on me, but the only thing I see is that basket so you have to tell me, Look, I was open. Or yell at me mid-play. That doesn't affect me at all and I respect that.' "

Jamison said the veteran-laden roster has adapted to Bryant's style and the players have no problem with confronting the five-time champion.

"I think the thing we've seen in the past was most teammates might have been afraid to come to him or express, 'Kob' I was open,' or, 'That's not what we drew up,' " Jamison said. "The thing I like about this team, Steve Nash -- who is a Hall of Famer -- and Dwight [Howard] as well, Dwight and Kobe have gotten into shouting matches on the bench because Dwight will be like, 'Kob', that's your rotation. Get there.' And after the game he'll be like, 'Appreciate it, big fella. I needed that.' "

http://espn.go.com/blo...

While it certainly would raise eyebrows to see Kobe [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] out by a role player, Jamison's assessment is actually consistent with what we've seen in recent years regarding Bryant and teammates. Generally speaking, the ones he respects most are those he's played with longest, who in turn are more inclined to deny him the ball.

Derek Fisher. Pau Gasol. Lamar Odom. Metta World Peace. Believe it or not, Luke Walton.

After enough time, they realize it's okay to ignore Bryant's furious claps for the rock, and whatever earful endured won't kill them. Kobe backs down to nobody, so it stands to reason he wants teammates who won't back down to him. Fall in line behind him or take his cues? Sure. But that's not the same thing as being cowering in Bryant's presence, which is the last thing a player on a championship quest wants from those sharing a foxhole.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:01 am

You can tell Kobe respects guys that aren't afraid of him. So he yells/calls for the ball a lot, doesn't mean you have to pass it to him, what's he gonna do but yell or get pissed for a possession, that's just Kobe, oh well. Fish had no problem ignoring him sometimes, MWP has no problem ignoring him to get his own, and that article points out Kobe will get over it.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion