Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:57 am

How can you not laugh when you read stuff like this

5. Where does Kobe rank all time?

Arnovitz: Isn't it hazardous to tackle this question in 65 words? Taking inventory of every player in history who can be generally classified as dominant and wildly efficient, I count about 10 players who can be comfortably ranked ahead of Kobe.If longevity weighs heavily in the criteria, then Kobe should quickly follow. If you prefer a metric like win shares per 48, he's farther down the list.

We talking about win shares :man10: :man10:
wcsoldier81

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 am

BSPN logic... I don't watch them I'd rather sniff glue to burn my brain cells
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:40 am

What the **** are win shares?

The dude has 5 rings of which he was an integral part. He is either the leader or among the leaders in almost every statistical category for the greatest franchise in the sport. End of story. Not to get into this debate again, but ten guys flat out better than Kobe Bryant? I don't think so. Debatable? Sure, but not flat out better.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby SK8 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 am

Let me start...

NOAH, CURRY, WADE, BOSH, HIBBERT, JOHN WALL, DUNCAN, PARKER, HARDEN, DWIGHT??? Are you serious??? :bang:
They are now starting to talk about injury, gtfo with that BS, Rose was injured for almost 2 damn years and he is still in front. Oh wow, BSPN just went on whole new level of hate.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:12 pm

HAHA... ESPN being ESPN
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:41 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:How can you not laugh when you read stuff like this

5. Where does Kobe rank all time?

Arnovitz: Isn't it hazardous to tackle this question in 65 words? Taking inventory of every player in history who can be generally classified as dominant and wildly efficient, I count about 10 players who can be comfortably ranked ahead of Kobe.If longevity weighs heavily in the criteria, then Kobe should quickly follow. If you prefer a metric like win shares per 48, he's farther down the list.

We talking about win shares :man10: :man10:

Let me guess...

Arnovitz = geek with calculator, never was picked in games and if he was had wood splinters on his behind from being glued to the bench?
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby BigDan24 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:25 pm

:man10: I was rolling on the floor laughing for about 5 min after reading BSPN Rank of Kobe and that snippet of Arnovitz made if even more funny.

I always thought they were "just" beeing Laker/Kobe haters, but this is a new Dimension.

Are you guys sure we didn`t overlooked some kind of announcement this summer that ESPN has become a satire website?
BigDan24

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:55 pm

ESPN are a bunch of goofs adding fuel to the fire.

They also have a headline today reading "Last shot? Poll says MJ or Kobe, not LeBron"
as if this was an issue.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:58 pm

^You should have read that article, they still had some espn stat spin on how lebron is actually more clutch than Kobe lol. It;s like people dont watch the games.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby HighlyFavored on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Remember when I told yall the other day about Kobe and Carmelo following each other on twitter?? Well now Carmelo is saying he wants to be a free agent. hmmm..

“I want to be a free agent,” Anthony told the New York Observer. “I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It’s like you have an evaluation period, you know. It’s like if I’m in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience.”

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... RVEkRHW.99
HighlyFavored

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:07 pm

HighlyFavored wrote:Remember when I told yall the other day about Kobe and Carmelo following each other on twitter?? Well now Carmelo is saying he wants to be a free agent. hmmm..

“I want to be a free agent,” Anthony told the New York Observer. “I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It’s like you have an evaluation period, you know. It’s like if I’m in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience.”

That looks more like posturing to me.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby HighlyFavored on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:18 pm

therealdeal wrote:
HighlyFavored wrote:Remember when I told yall the other day about Kobe and Carmelo following each other on twitter?? Well now Carmelo is saying he wants to be a free agent. hmmm..

Why say this now?? And why is Kobe following Melo after previously stating he only like to follow his teammates, and dont want to follow players of other teams that want to beat his team's a**???
HighlyFavored

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:25 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Kobe ranked 25th by BSPN. I love it :jam2:

Is that 25th currently or all time? Not that it matters much, because both are laughable.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Thank you ESPN. You just gave the one man that feeds off this kind of stuff more ammunition to come back and prove everyone wrong again.

ESPN did the right thing here, they just gave Kobe that last final nudge he needed going into the season.

I'll sit back now and wait for Kobe to respond to this.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:42 pm

i don't think anyone would pay attention to their rankings unless they threw in some stupid stuff like that. it's just an attention grab, nothing more.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Center Court on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:45 pm

HighlyFavored wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Why say this now?? And why is Kobe following Melo after previously stating he only like to follow his teammates, and dont want to follow players of other teams that want to beat his team's a**???

Because Kobe is extremely close to Melo more so than anyone in the NBA not named Derek Fisher.

Are you really thinking Kobe following Melo is some cryptic message that Melo wants to be a Laker? If Melo wants to be a Laker, it'll be his to turn down. Playing with Kobe is a huge bonus of coming to LA and he'll for sure keep that in mind.

:man3:
Center Court

Postby HighlyFavored on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Center Court wrote:
HighlyFavored wrote:
therealdeal wrote:

Because Kobe is extremely close to Melo more so than anyone in the NBA not named Derek Fisher.

Are you really thinking Kobe following Melo is some cryptic message that Melo wants to be a Laker? If Melo wants to be a Laker, it'll be his to turn down. Playing with Kobe is a huge bonus of coming to LA and he'll for sure keep that in mind.

:man3:

Then why he just now following him?? And why he not following Derek Fisher then?? smh if you dont see how "weird/strange" it is for Kobe to be following him, ESPECIALLY after Kobe came out and said he dont follow nba players that aren't his teammates while explaining why he unfollowed Dwight!!
HighlyFavored

Postby TimDuncanIsGod on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:07 pm

lakers are going to be complete garbage this year. what a crap roster they have. FACT: they wont even make the playoffs. what a disgrace
TimDuncanIsGod

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:09 pm

TimDuncanIsGod wrote:lakers are going to be complete garbage this year. what a crap roster they have. FACT: they wont even make the playoffs. what a disgrace

Remember when Tim Duncan missed that layup over Shane Battier recently in the NBA Finals?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby TimDuncanIsGod on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
TimDuncanIsGod wrote:lakers are going to be complete garbage this year. what a crap roster they have. FACT: they wont even make the playoffs. what a disgrace

Remember when Tim Duncan missed that layup over Shane Battier recently in the NBA Finals?

remember when the lakers got swept by the spurs in the playoffs last year?
TimDuncanIsGod

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:13 pm

TimDuncanIsGod wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

"If you're not first, you're last." - Ricky Bobby
Doc Brown

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
TimDuncanIsGod wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

"If you're not first, you're last." - Ricky Bobby

lol when's the last time the Spurs won a chip? When's the last time they repeated? :man10:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:22 pm

TimDuncanIsGod wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

wiat are we seriously gettint trolled by a spurs fan? I mean I can understand a Heat fan trying to do that but a spurs fan :man3: That's like a guy celebrating getting kicked in the nutts second even though he got kicked harder and is in the hospital from the blow while the first guy is still ok. Might want to check that recent team history before trolling other teams boards. :man10:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:25 pm

What's a God to a mod? :wave:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:28 pm

HEY ESPN!

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion