Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:57 am

How can you not laugh when you read stuff like this

5. Where does Kobe rank all time?

Arnovitz: Isn't it hazardous to tackle this question in 65 words? Taking inventory of every player in history who can be generally classified as dominant and wildly efficient, I count about 10 players who can be comfortably ranked ahead of Kobe.If longevity weighs heavily in the criteria, then Kobe should quickly follow. If you prefer a metric like win shares per 48, he's farther down the list.

We talking about win shares :man10: :man10:
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6420
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:59 am

BSPN logic... I don't watch them I'd rather sniff glue to burn my brain cells
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7839
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:40 am

What the **** are win shares?

The dude has 5 rings of which he was an integral part. He is either the leader or among the leaders in almost every statistical category for the greatest franchise in the sport. End of story. Not to get into this debate again, but ten guys flat out better than Kobe Bryant? I don't think so. Debatable? Sure, but not flat out better.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby SK8 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:52 am

Let me start...

NOAH, CURRY, WADE, BOSH, HIBBERT, JOHN WALL, DUNCAN, PARKER, HARDEN, DWIGHT??? Are you serious??? :bang:
They are now starting to talk about injury, gtfo with that BS, Rose was injured for almost 2 damn years and he is still in front. Oh wow, BSPN just went on whole new level of hate.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:12 pm

HAHA... ESPN being ESPN
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30814
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby gcclaker on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:41 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:How can you not laugh when you read stuff like this

5. Where does Kobe rank all time?

Arnovitz: Isn't it hazardous to tackle this question in 65 words? Taking inventory of every player in history who can be generally classified as dominant and wildly efficient, I count about 10 players who can be comfortably ranked ahead of Kobe.If longevity weighs heavily in the criteria, then Kobe should quickly follow. If you prefer a metric like win shares per 48, he's farther down the list.

We talking about win shares :man10: :man10:

Let me guess...

Arnovitz = geek with calculator, never was picked in games and if he was had wood splinters on his behind from being glued to the bench?
No siggie...
User avatar
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15202
Joined: Fri May 05, 2006 9:35 am
Location: Laker Cyber Space

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby BigDan24 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:25 pm

:man10: I was rolling on the floor laughing for about 5 min after reading BSPN Rank of Kobe and that snippet of Arnovitz made if even more funny.

I always thought they were "just" beeing Laker/Kobe haters, but this is a new Dimension.

Are you guys sure we didn`t overlooked some kind of announcement this summer that ESPN has become a satire website?
Image
User avatar
BigDan24

 
Posts: 1389
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:05 pm
Location: Bonn, Germany

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby Balance&Options24 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:55 pm

ESPN are a bunch of goofs adding fuel to the fire.

They also have a headline today reading "Last shot? Poll says MJ or Kobe, not LeBron"
as if this was an issue.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
User avatar
Balance&Options24

 
Posts: 1066
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby LakerFan1235 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:58 pm

^You should have read that article, they still had some espn stat spin on how lebron is actually more clutch than Kobe lol. It;s like people dont watch the games.
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
User avatar
LakerFan1235

 
Posts: 4706
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 10:02 pm
Location: San Luis Obispo,CA

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby HighlyFavored on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:01 pm

Remember when I told yall the other day about Kobe and Carmelo following each other on twitter?? Well now Carmelo is saying he wants to be a free agent. hmmm..

“I want to be a free agent,” Anthony told the New York Observer. “I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It’s like you have an evaluation period, you know. It’s like if I’m in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience.”

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... RVEkRHW.99
HighlyFavored

 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:07 pm

HighlyFavored wrote:Remember when I told yall the other day about Kobe and Carmelo following each other on twitter?? Well now Carmelo is saying he wants to be a free agent. hmmm..

“I want to be a free agent,” Anthony told the New York Observer. “I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It’s like you have an evaluation period, you know. It’s like if I’m in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience.”

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... RVEkRHW.99

That looks more like posturing to me.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40322
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby HighlyFavored on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:18 pm

therealdeal wrote:
HighlyFavored wrote:Remember when I told yall the other day about Kobe and Carmelo following each other on twitter?? Well now Carmelo is saying he wants to be a free agent. hmmm..

“I want to be a free agent,” Anthony told the New York Observer. “I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It’s like you have an evaluation period, you know. It’s like if I’m in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience.”

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... RVEkRHW.99

That looks more like posturing to me.



Why say this now?? And why is Kobe following Melo after previously stating he only like to follow his teammates, and dont want to follow players of other teams that want to beat his team's a**???
HighlyFavored

 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby Scnottaken on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:25 pm

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Kobe ranked 25th by BSPN. I love it :jam2:

Is that 25th currently or all time? Not that it matters much, because both are laughable.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
User avatar
Scnottaken

 
Posts: 1246
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:26 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:35 pm

Thank you ESPN. You just gave the one man that feeds off this kind of stuff more ammunition to come back and prove everyone wrong again.

ESPN did the right thing here, they just gave Kobe that last final nudge he needed going into the season.

I'll sit back now and wait for Kobe to respond to this.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:42 pm

i don't think anyone would pay attention to their rankings unless they threw in some stupid stuff like that. it's just an attention grab, nothing more.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10415
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby Center Court on Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:45 pm

HighlyFavored wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
HighlyFavored wrote:Remember when I told yall the other day about Kobe and Carmelo following each other on twitter?? Well now Carmelo is saying he wants to be a free agent. hmmm..

“I want to be a free agent,” Anthony told the New York Observer. “I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It’s like you have an evaluation period, you know. It’s like if I’m in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience.”

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... RVEkRHW.99

That looks more like posturing to me.



Why say this now?? And why is Kobe following Melo after previously stating he only like to follow his teammates, and dont want to follow players of other teams that want to beat his team's a**???


Because Kobe is extremely close to Melo more so than anyone in the NBA not named Derek Fisher.

Are you really thinking Kobe following Melo is some cryptic message that Melo wants to be a Laker? If Melo wants to be a Laker, it'll be his to turn down. Playing with Kobe is a huge bonus of coming to LA and he'll for sure keep that in mind.

:man3:
User avatar
Center Court

 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:45 pm
Location: @ CL since '04

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby HighlyFavored on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Center Court wrote:
HighlyFavored wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
HighlyFavored wrote:Remember when I told yall the other day about Kobe and Carmelo following each other on twitter?? Well now Carmelo is saying he wants to be a free agent. hmmm..

“I want to be a free agent,” Anthony told the New York Observer. “I think everybody in the NBA dreams to be a free agent at least one time in their career. It’s like you have an evaluation period, you know. It’s like if I’m in the gym and I have all the coaches, all the owners, all the GMs come into the gym and just evaluate everything I do. So yes, I want that experience.”

Read more at http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... RVEkRHW.99

That looks more like posturing to me.



Why say this now?? And why is Kobe following Melo after previously stating he only like to follow his teammates, and dont want to follow players of other teams that want to beat his team's a**???


Because Kobe is extremely close to Melo more so than anyone in the NBA not named Derek Fisher.

Are you really thinking Kobe following Melo is some cryptic message that Melo wants to be a Laker? If Melo wants to be a Laker, it'll be his to turn down. Playing with Kobe is a huge bonus of coming to LA and he'll for sure keep that in mind.

:man3:


Then why he just now following him?? And why he not following Derek Fisher then?? smh if you dont see how "weird/strange" it is for Kobe to be following him, ESPECIALLY after Kobe came out and said he dont follow nba players that aren't his teammates while explaining why he unfollowed Dwight!!
HighlyFavored

 
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby TimDuncanIsGod on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:07 pm

lakers are going to be complete garbage this year. what a crap roster they have. FACT: they wont even make the playoffs. what a disgrace
TimDuncanIsGod

 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:09 pm

TimDuncanIsGod wrote:lakers are going to be complete garbage this year. what a crap roster they have. FACT: they wont even make the playoffs. what a disgrace


Remember when Tim Duncan missed that layup over Shane Battier recently in the NBA Finals?
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby TimDuncanIsGod on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:12 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
TimDuncanIsGod wrote:lakers are going to be complete garbage this year. what a crap roster they have. FACT: they wont even make the playoffs. what a disgrace


Remember when Tim Duncan missed that layup over Shane Battier recently in the NBA Finals?



remember when the lakers got swept by the spurs in the playoffs last year?
TimDuncanIsGod

 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:13 pm

TimDuncanIsGod wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
TimDuncanIsGod wrote:lakers are going to be complete garbage this year. what a crap roster they have. FACT: they wont even make the playoffs. what a disgrace


Remember when Tim Duncan missed that layup over Shane Battier recently in the NBA Finals?



remember when the lakers got swept by the spurs in the playoffs last year?


"If you're not first, you're last." - Ricky Bobby
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19446
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
TimDuncanIsGod wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
TimDuncanIsGod wrote:lakers are going to be complete garbage this year. what a crap roster they have. FACT: they wont even make the playoffs. what a disgrace


Remember when Tim Duncan missed that layup over Shane Battier recently in the NBA Finals?



remember when the lakers got swept by the spurs in the playoffs last year?


"If you're not first, you're last." - Ricky Bobby


lol when's the last time the Spurs won a chip? When's the last time they repeated? :man10:
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:22 pm

TimDuncanIsGod wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
TimDuncanIsGod wrote:lakers are going to be complete garbage this year. what a crap roster they have. FACT: they wont even make the playoffs. what a disgrace


Remember when Tim Duncan missed that layup over Shane Battier recently in the NBA Finals?



remember when the lakers got swept by the spurs in the playoffs last year?

wiat are we seriously gettint trolled by a spurs fan? I mean I can understand a Heat fan trying to do that but a spurs fan :man3: That's like a guy celebrating getting kicked in the nutts second even though he got kicked harder and is in the hospital from the blow while the first guy is still ok. Might want to check that recent team history before trolling other teams boards. :man10:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
User avatar
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator
 
Posts: 30814
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Making folks sexy with dancin'

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby Vasashi17 on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:25 pm

What's a God to a mod? :wave:
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13008
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: Wolverine Discussion: 3 Weeks Out? (Filipino fans rep. 701)

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:28 pm

HEY ESPN!

Image
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.