Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby Vasashi17 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:27 am

Image
Image
User avatar
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 13028
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:38 am
Location: Anywhere Purple & Gold

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby shoe on Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:57 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:Connected With Kobe Bryant:
http://www.putlocker.com/file/596A1B16EC540A7B



Thanks man :jam2:

Great watch.
Image
User avatar
shoe

 
Posts: 5883
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:53 pm
Location: Buffalo, New York

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby XXIV on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:04 am

Receiving that much money every year is like winning the lotto.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby charvin on Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:20 pm

XXIV wrote:Receiving that much money every year is like winning the lotto every year.
charvin

 
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby XXIV on Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:41 pm

charvin wrote:
XXIV wrote:Receiving that much money every year is like winning the lotto every year.


Thought that part was obvious. :man10:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby charvin on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:02 pm

XXIV wrote:
charvin wrote:
XXIV wrote:Receiving that much money every year is like winning the lotto every year.


Thought that part was obvious. :man10:


For all I knew, maybe the lotto could go past $50 million and you'd only need to win that once :man1:
charvin

 
Posts: 541
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:53 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:24 pm

Dave McMenamin ‏@mcten 13s
Kobe just told us he has been able to sprint again as he ramps up his training.
Reply Retweet Favorite More Expand


All i can picture when I read this is Kobe sprinting up and down his street with a bag of candy in his Zorro outfit. Not actually in a gym sprinting on the court.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby Basketball Fan on Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Hey its better than the cowardly lion costume Tom Brady wore
Basketball Fan

 
Posts: 11439
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 9:45 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:44 pm

I never seen Kobe and Nessa dress up for Halloween, I think that's awesome :jam2:
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby XXIV on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:00 pm

charvin wrote:
XXIV wrote:
charvin wrote:
XXIV wrote:Receiving that much money every year is like winning the lotto every year.


Thought that part was obvious. :man10:


For all I knew, maybe the lotto could go past $50 million and you'd only need to win that once :man1:


You never know, some people have won a few hundred million dollars with one ticket.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby sister golden hair on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:07 pm

I think Kobe, playing under a coach like MDA for another season, is a waste of talent. The more I watch MDA coach, the more I think the Lakers would be better off tanking, getting rid of him at season's end, getting a high draft pick (and they may as well trade Pau to see if they can get an extra decent-level pick); get a coach who knows how to deploy his talent, and let Kobe go out in style as the teams rebuilds. But having MDA preside over the lakers is just an abysmal thing to witness.
sister golden hair

 
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby XXIV on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:10 pm

sister golden hair wrote:I think Kobe, playing under a coach like MDA for another season, is a waste of talent. The more I watch MDA coach, the more I think the Lakers would be better off tanking, getting rid of him at season's end, getting a high draft pick (and they may as well trade Pau to see if they can get an extra decent-level pick); get a coach who knows how to deploy his talent, and let Kobe go out in style as the teams rebuilds. But having MDA preside over the lakers is just an abysmal thing to witness.


There's now way in hell this team will tank, but I don't think MDA will be the coach next season. It seems like we signed him because we had Nash, but now that he's done and may even retire next season I don't see why we keep MDA around.
XXIV

 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby sister golden hair on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:13 pm

XXIV wrote:
sister golden hair wrote:I think Kobe, playing under a coach like MDA for another season, is a waste of talent. The more I watch MDA coach, the more I think the Lakers would be better off tanking, getting rid of him at season's end, getting a high draft pick (and they may as well trade Pau to see if they can get an extra decent-level pick); get a coach who knows how to deploy his talent, and let Kobe go out in style as the teams rebuilds. But having MDA preside over the lakers is just an abysmal thing to witness.


There's now way in hell this team will tank, but I don't think MDA will be the coach next season. It seems like we signed him because we had Nash, but now that he's done and may even retire next season I don't see why we keep MDA around.


They may tank whether they want to or not. I think they should allow themselves to tank, if you know what I mean.

I don't think building through bg-ticket FA's is the way to go anymore. They need to get a good haul of young talent through the draft, and this draft has some choice players available.

Sadly, I don't think the FO, with this ownerships input, will make the sound moves that are needed.

Ironically, they may have selected a coach whose team will quit on him, whether they intended that or not.

Having Kobe come back to this team is scary because he will play until he drops, and it will all be for naught.
sister golden hair

 
Posts: 726
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:51 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby borri on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:27 pm

Kobe should just sit out the entire year. No point in him returning to this pile of turd.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:31 am

He completed the first week of in-depth conditioning on his torn left Achilles tendon, but Kobe Bryant declined to provide a timetable on when he will return from an injury that has sidelined him since April.

Bryant spent the past week ramping up his activity, mixing his running on a weight-bearing treadmill and flat surfaces. He also considered it part of the first week of his self-required three weeks of conditioning before he feels comfortable returning to the court.

“This week has been pretty well,” Bryant said. “I’ve been able to push pretty hard and the next day come back and push hard again. The recovery of it has been pretty good.”

Bryant rolled his eyes on whether that he meant he would return as quickly as two weeks from now when the Lakers play Nov. 15 against the Memphis Grizzlies.

“This is turning into a press conference,” Bryant said with a smile. “I just wanted to get my weekly thing out of the way.”

Bryant, as with all injured NBA players, talks to reporters only once a week per league rules. He hit on a wide-range of topics, including Derrick Rose’s return from an ACL injury, Allen Iverson’s retirement and the Lakers’ play. Bryant also added he obstained from eating candy on Halloween, cognizant of the diet Lakers strength and conditioning coach Tim DiFrancesco promotes.

“If it was candy,” Bryant said, “it was grass-fed.”

Bryant remained cautious with the rest of his recovery.

After participating in some light shooting and jogging drills two weeks ago in China, Bryant said he “scaled back” his activity and mostly ran on a weight-bearing treadmill. He reduced his workload because he wanted to restore more flexibility and range in motion.

“We got through the hard part in terms of preserving the tightness,” Bryant said. “Now you have to make sure you’re not putting yourself in jeopardy with other parts of the body. Being 35, you really have to pay attention to that. You don’t want to create a string of injuries that then it’s one after the other. You want to take care of it, handle it and come back at full strength.”

Bryant wants to return as quickly as possible, obviously. But he dismissed the popular notion he struggles with staying patient.

“That’s a misconception. There’s nothing I can do about it,” Bryant said. “I measure my injuries very well. If it’s something I can play through and it won’t get worse, I’ll play. if it’s something that will get worse, I have to make those decisions.”

So to keep himself engaged, Bryant has taken a behind-the-scenes leadership role. He said he’s actively talking with teammates about on-court strategy, most notably with wing players Nick Young, Wesley Johnson and Xavier Henry.

“It’s tough when you’re sidelined for so long and not feel a part of the process,” Bryant said. “It’s always going to be that way because you’re not out there every day on the practice court or even watching practice for that matter. You’re doing treatment and working out and things like that. It’s very easy to lose that connectivity.”


http://www.dailynews.com/sports/2013110 ... ers-return
dwighthowardsdad

 
Posts: 1695
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:57 am

Don't hurry back Kobe. Nothing to gain from that. He's in good touch with his body and he knows what he can do. The reporters need to chill on asking him when he's coming back all the time.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15218
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:59 am

Well some optimism to be had of his progress from that little report it seems …. :jam2:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6385
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:02 am

Kobe put up an all black picture on his Twitter and Instagram, with the caption #BearHunting #Blackout

Here's what is supposedly means...

janis carr ‏@janiscarr 9m
It's why I ask...per @sportsnstyle Kobe calls his workouts #blackout training. Must be amping up and attacking the bear #prayforthebear
Reply Retweet Favorite
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:06 am

that bear must be cowering in fear
"Allons-y Lakers!"
User avatar
KareemTheGreat33

 
Posts: 7827
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:52 am
Location: Philippines

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby Punk-101 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:49 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Kobe put up an all black picture on his Twitter and Instagram, with the caption #BearHunting #Blackout

Here's what is supposedly means...

janis carr ‏@janiscarr 9m
It's why I ask...per @sportsnstyle Kobe calls his workouts #blackout training. Must be amping up and attacking the bear #prayforthebear
Reply Retweet Favorite
i heard willard mention the first game with the black unis is against Memphis next week....
Image
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
User avatar
Punk-101

 
Posts: 13264
Joined: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:24 pm
Location: Orange, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby SK8 on Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:09 pm

The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1503
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby crampledkid on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:17 pm

I always felt he was the
hardest to guard. Shoot, I
want to know what he’s
thinking in certain situations
and where he’s trying to get
to. He was a competitor. It’s hard to say that and
acknowledge that. I didn’t
mind guarding LeBron and
Melo and KD, but Kobe used
to give me a lot of problems. -nice to hear this from Grant Hill
User avatar
crampledkid

 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:20 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:21 pm

i actually changed my instagram profile picture to an all black photo and posted a black photo as well 3 days ago. clairvoyant cachooka man.
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20537
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:27 pm

crampledkid wrote:I always felt he was the
hardest to guard. Shoot, I
want to know what he’s
thinking in certain situations
and where he’s trying to get
to. He was a competitor. It’s hard to say that and
acknowledge that. I didn’t
mind guarding LeBron and
Melo and KD, but Kobe used
to give me a lot of problems. -nice to hear this from Grant Hill



^^^^ :bow: :bow: :bow: Game knows game!
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6385
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Discussion: #1225 (705)

Postby crampledkid on Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:45 pm

User avatar
crampledkid

 
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TIME, Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.