Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby odom1year on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:46 pm

kenzo wrote:Image

A team with just even Kobe/Dwight should not have a losing record.
odom1year

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:55 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Finwë wrote:
The Rock wrote:Kobe took some horrible shots tonight...and made it so i hope moving forward people dont complain about shot selection and be upset he missed it because hes taking the same shots he usually takes

This.
A LOT of people seem to be pretty much just box score readers. The same guy blasting him the last game against Washington for shooting low % is now praising him for this game, when all that changed is that he was simply making shots last night. Shot selection didn't change much. I didn't think he took bad shots except for 1 or 2, those are shots I trust him to make, and he does too, which is why he shoots them.

People like to say "oh he's shooting 50%" and make it out to be so much better than shooting say, 45%. If you take 20 shots a game, the difference between shooting 50% and 45% is ONE shot. One shot that can go in and out, one no call, one shot to beat the clock, one bail out shot..

He will have to take ( and most likely will) better shots when Pau and Steve come back .
Kobe shots selection until late Nov was very good and he was very efficient game after game.

I see two main reasons for his bad shots selection lately :

- We miss another playmaker and offensive threat in Pau so Kobe has even less space to operate and is even more of a focus of the opponent D

- MDA doesn't like post ups so Kobe great skills in this department go to waste ...

Way too many three pts from Kobe in the past 10+ games and it has as much (probably more) to do with MDA love for chucking 3pters as with Kobe stubborness.

I 100% agree
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:08 pm

odom1year wrote:

It does happen though. They've just joined up...

I spent literally 50 seconds searching on Basketball-Reference for a team with two HoF players, in their prime, with a losing record well into the season. Found that Stockton/Malone in 1987-88 were 11-13, 12-14, 14-17, 15-18, 16-20, 18-22.

They also had Mark Eaton, who was a two-time DPOY (he was actually between DPOY awards that year). Kelly Tripucka was a two-time All-Star (and only 28).
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:19 pm

odom1year wrote:

yeah because 2 players make a team right?
King of Clutch

King of Clutch

double post.
King of Clutch

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:24 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
odom1year wrote:

Well, the other two big dogs haven't played...
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:32 pm

trodgers wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
odom1year wrote:

Well, the other two big dogs haven't played...

exactly my point.
King of Clutch

Postby trodgers on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

Yeah, it's a strange season. But one way or the other, we have to start winning ASAP or no playoffs.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Nikez on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:37 pm

LTLakerFan wrote: Above all else he is the engine on this team every year that drives it toward nothing less than a championship.

Truth

Kobe is the engine that keeps us going and going. He is the most dependable and consistent element of the vehicle and may act up from time to time, continues to drive this team even at the twilight of his career.

Nash will be like our steering system, directing us through traffic and making sure we take the correct route.

Howard and Gasol are like the suspension, braking, frame and all other components that help keep the vehicle durable, maintained and safe with their hustle, energy being the bread and butter to the continued success of our team (this is assuming pau plays at least close to how he did before he was injured, and finds a way to mesh in the offense with dwight and the bench).

our bench is about equal to cupholders or the hubcaps lol
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:43 pm

trodgers wrote:Yeah, it's a strange season. But one way or the other, we have to start winning ASAP or no playoffs.
King of Clutch

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:06 pm

mamba there goes that man
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:12 pm

Too many well covered shots, too many hero shots, some really bad looking rushed spinning shots, but still a very good game overall and got some huge buckets in the end.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby elderwand on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:14 pm

That last shot attempt was pretty awful but whatever, keep it going mamba :jam2: :jam2:
elderwand

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:16 pm

Few bad shots during the game and especially that last shot, but that corner 3 at the buzzer and those 2 shots before the last shot...guy played amazing overall, dished out the ball too.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Daloyalfan18 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:20 pm

7th Straight 30 Point Game. BBall won't be the same without him.

30-6-7 45.8% FG
Daloyalfan18

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

The day kobe scores 30, and we win, thats the day that he rips open a portal to another dimension. Oh wait...
Last edited by King of Clutch on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:27 pm

lol but in all seriousness, the thing that kills us is his assits. He can score as much as he wants, but if he gets 5+ assists, then we're good.
King of Clutch

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:30 pm

Kobe is like the Jason Witten of the NBA. Warrior, never misses games, and just remarkably consistent.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby jOeyB7000 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Kobe is like the Jason Witten of the NBA. Warrior, never misses games, and just remarkably consistent.

Excuse my ignorance. Who is Jason Witten?
jOeyB7000

Postby jOeyB7000 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:32 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Kobe is like the Jason Witten of the NBA. Warrior, never misses games, and just remarkably consistent.

jOeyB7000

Postby Jellincon on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 pm

jOeyB7000 wrote:

Tight end who plays for the Cowboys.
Jellincon

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:47 pm

Jellincon wrote:
jOeyB7000 wrote:

Tight end who plays for the Cowboys.

You just compared an otherworld star player to a Cowboys player :man3: Hell you were better off using AC Green as an example.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:01 am

Kobe's last shot just sums up this team and his relationship on the court with Dwight.

Kobe was missing shots and forcing things a bit imo. He cam off a screen by Dwight and Dwight's man stayed with Kobe to double and Kobe forced a off balance fading to the right shot and missed. Instead of shooting that he had Dwight rolling to the basket for a WIDE OPEN DUNK and at worse get fouled where he was making his FT.

I dont understand how Kobe can have all these bounce passes and be looking to get the ball to Pau who pretty much misses all of them or turns it over and when we need basket most Kobe has dwight wide open rolling to the basket and he forces a bad shot.

really hope his trust in him goes up bc that was wide open. Kobe does pass to him some times like when he tried but turned it over bc dwight had 3 guys on him. it was just stupid seeing that and him missing dwight wide open.

glad we won but kobe can get his 30 and pass as he showed with his 6 assists....i just want him to do it more when its the right basketball play and maybe hed shoot more efficiently too. Pau will help Dwight get more touches just like the first play of the game sums it up as well as that oop from dwight to pau back to dwight.

Kobe has got to try and look to set dwight up more like he does for pau which fails ALOT
Ariza3

Postby kobe_008 on Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:10 am

Kobe the Ballhog nearly caused us the game again.
30pts-so many points again when we have Pau and Dwight in the middle he should just pass.

damn if he will continue this he will cause us games
kobe_008

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion