Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:10 am

GoldenKnight wrote:Where did I point out that you were the one overreacting? Should I apologize for hurting your feelings indirectly?


therealdeal wrote:Yes.


GoldenKnight wrote:No...that's what I thought as well.


therealdeal wrote:What?


I don't get your last response there. Are you looking for an apology for not specifically mentioning you, even though you thought it was directed towards you, when I said "major overreaction here from a joke sig?"
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:11 am

Yes I am.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36924
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:13 am

What are you 12 years old, GoldenKnight?
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 5301
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:16 am

LTLakerFan wrote:What are you 12 years old, GoldenKnight?


Great try at a personal insult, but no. I don't think you should take as much offense as you are taking over a Kobe garbage sig as you are taking. They are used for what they are used around here & if one is made & you don't agree, you don't have to go ranting about how you hate garbage sigs. Everyone has an opinion here, you have yours, and the one's who chose to use the sigs have theirs. This also does not constitute them as 12 years old.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby nameant on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:17 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
nameant wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Same can be said for the Pau "garbage" sigs that everyone seems fine with. The guy came & helped us win 2 out of 3 finals but for whatever reason, it seems only Kobe gets the credit around here. Pau is forced into a role which he has never been in his whole career & you guys expect him to be 2008-2010 Pau. Talk about being disrespectful & "sacred" around here. If you're going to be offended, then be fair & loosen up, it's a joke sig.


The difference is that Pau had 2-3 elite seasons here followed by under-performing when it mattered. Kobe has been a Laker for life and is one of the greatest to ever lace em up.


So then, take no offense to the sig, it has no power over your opinion.


No offense taken...it's just a sig. I was just pointing out the comparison wasn't close.
User avatar
nameant

 
Posts: 25329
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby 432J on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:17 am

LTLakerFan wrote:What are you 12 years old, GoldenKnight?

shouldn't you be asking that to realdeal?

he is the one asking for an apology after all. goldenknight didn't do anything that would warrant being called 12

it's a goddamn signature people, get over yourselves. who the hell cares anyways?
:man10:
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4491
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:19 am

nameant wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
nameant wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:Same can be said for the Pau "garbage" sigs that everyone seems fine with. The guy came & helped us win 2 out of 3 finals but for whatever reason, it seems only Kobe gets the credit around here. Pau is forced into a role which he has never been in his whole career & you guys expect him to be 2008-2010 Pau. Talk about being disrespectful & "sacred" around here. If you're going to be offended, then be fair & loosen up, it's a joke sig.


The difference is that Pau had 2-3 elite seasons here followed by under-performing when it mattered. Kobe has been a Laker for life and is one of the greatest to ever lace em up.


So then, take no offense to the sig, it has no power over your opinion.


No offense taken...it's just a sig. I was just pointing out the comparison wasn't close.


I agree with your statement, Kobe is perhaps the best Laker ever & Pau does not come close, I thought you were referring to the sig in which case I responded they way I did, but seeing how I misinterpreted your response, my apologies.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:20 am

432J wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:What are you 12 years old, GoldenKnight?

shouldn't you be asking that to realdeal?

he is the one asking for an apology after all. goldenknight didn't do anything that would warrant being called 12

it's a goddamn signature people, get over yourselves. who the hell cares anyways?
:man10:


Thanks, it seems kind of hard for some people to digest that a sig is all it is :man1:
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:24 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
432J wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:What are you 12 years old, GoldenKnight?

shouldn't you be asking that to realdeal?

he is the one asking for an apology after all. goldenknight didn't do anything that would warrant being called 12

it's a goddamn signature people, get over yourselves. who the hell cares anyways?
:man10:


Thanks, it seems kind of hard for some people to digest that a sig is all it is :man1:


Are you really that shocked that people are not pleased you made a garbage sig for our best (and franchise) player???

If you think kobe should shoot less thats fine, lets talk about it. But to make a garbage sig for the year he is having right now comes off as a cry for attention or just hate.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby 432J on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:26 am

Are you really that shocked that people are not pleased you made a garbage sig for our best (and franchise) player???

If you think kobe should shoot less thats fine, lets talk about it. But to make a garbage sig for the year he is having right now comes off as a cry for attention or just hate.

:man10:

who knew there would be this much drama over a garbage sig?
Image
User avatar
432J

 
Posts: 4491
Joined: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:54 pm
Location: Sherbrooke, Quebec

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:27 am

I won't be handing out official warnings because I was part of the problem, but here's the deal:

1. You cannot call out someone's age as a way to tease them.
2. You cannot call out another poster as being a "child" and you certainly cannot add on to that elsewhere.

Golden Knight- my posts were most certainly jokes. I never expected an apology. Honestly I didn't think anyone could have seriously thought I would I ask for an apology for something that was clearly a misunderstanding.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 36924
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:29 am

432J wrote:
Are you really that shocked that people are not pleased you made a garbage sig for our best (and franchise) player???

If you think kobe should shoot less thats fine, lets talk about it. But to make a garbage sig for the year he is having right now comes off as a cry for attention or just hate.

:man10:

who knew there would be this much drama over a garbage sig?


I was going to stay out of this one, but the fact that he is so clueless as to why people didnt like it blows my mind.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:30 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
Are you really that shocked that people are not pleased you made a garbage sig for our best (and franchise) player???

If you think kobe should shoot less thats fine, lets talk about it. But to make a garbage sig for the year he is having right now comes off as a cry for attention or just hate.


I hate Kobe Bryant? Wow, you have no idea :man10:
A cry for attention? Far from it.
It's a garbage sig, deal with it, did I offend your God? Your religion?

I love Kobe & the Lakers as much as the next guy, BELIEVE ME, which is why I think you are taking a joke far from what it really is, a joke. If memes don't offend you, which I hope they don't, this shouldn't either.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 am

therealdeal wrote:I won't be handing out official warnings because I was part of the problem, but here's the deal:

1. You cannot call out someone's age as a way to tease them.
2. You cannot call out another poster as being a "child" and you certainly cannot add on to that elsewhere.

Golden Knight- my posts were most certainly jokes. I never expected an apology. Honestly I didn't think anyone could have seriously thought I would I ask for an apology for something that was clearly a misunderstanding.


No problem man, no offense taken whatsoever.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:34 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
Are you really that shocked that people are not pleased you made a garbage sig for our best (and franchise) player???

If you think kobe should shoot less thats fine, lets talk about it. But to make a garbage sig for the year he is having right now comes off as a cry for attention or just hate.


I hate Kobe Bryant? Wow, you have no idea :man10:
A cry for attention? Far from it.
It's a garbage sig, deal with it, did I offend your God? Your religion?

I love Kobe & the Lakers as much as the next guy, BELIEVE ME, which is why I think you are taking a joke far from what it really is, a joke. If memes don't offend you, which I hope they don't, this shouldn't either.


I think you're confused. It doesnt offend me at all and I never said you hate kobe. I'm explaining to you why you're getting this backlash, since you cant seem to grasp it and keep making arguments.

Making a Kobe garbage sig reads as a cry for attention. Sorry. If it was a joke, maybe lesson learned?
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:39 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
I think you're confused. It doesnt offend me at all and I never said you hate kobe. I'm explaining to you why you're getting this backlash, since you cant seem to grasp it and keep making arguments.

Making a Kobe garbage sig reads as a cry for attention. Sorry. If it was a joke, maybe lesson learned?


If you weren't offended, you wouldn't be ranting. I don't care about the sensitive backlashes, much less care why it offends them (you including) so much, I have been saying it's just a sig all along, & that's all it is.

If that's a "cry for attention" to you, then so be it, I am nobody to change your opinion. But I will tell you this, it's only a sig, perhaps you won't go ranting next time over a sig on a forum because that certainly looks like a cry for attention.

Maybe lesson learned about ranting? I sure hope so. I am done.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby TIME on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:40 am

Can we please get back to the main point of this thread which is to criticize Kobe?
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:43 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
phoenixrisingla wrote:
I think you're confused. It doesnt offend me at all and I never said you hate kobe. I'm explaining to you why you're getting this backlash, since you cant seem to grasp it and keep making arguments.

Making a Kobe garbage sig reads as a cry for attention. Sorry. If it was a joke, maybe lesson learned?


If you weren't offended, you wouldn't be ranting. I don't care about the sensitive backlashes, much less care why it offends them (you including) so much, I have been saying it's just a sig all along, & that's all it is.

If that's a "cry for attention" to you, then so be it, I am nobody to change your opinion. But I will tell you this, it's only a sig, perhaps you won't go ranting next time over a sig on a forum because that certainly looks like a cry for attention.

Maybe lesson learned about ranting? I sure hope so. I am done.


Again, not offended at all and you still seem very confused. Just trying to help you understand (and from your tone I can see you are refusing to).Sorry, just surprises me every time when someone does something silly then refuses to understand why other people react to it.

Good luck and Happy New Year.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:45 am

TIME wrote:Can we please get back to the main point of this thread which is to criticize Kobe?


Yup, sorry.

So do you think Kobe will try to respond to all the criticism hes taking about the "old as S" comment by hero mode all game tomorrow? Fingers crossed for a little more team ball.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:47 am

TIME wrote:Can we please get back to the main point of this thread which is to criticize Kobe?


I suppose you are correct. Overall, I think Kobe is playing his best, most efficient ball on quite some time, actually of all time in terms of efficiency. I do, however, think he needs to take a step back on the shooting & swing the ball more often or perhaps not ISO too much. Although he does put up points when our team won't get going, it always raises the question of why are team is not getting themselves going. Is it because Kobe takes them out of the game early? Is it because they themselves want to rely on Kobe to carry them? It's certainly a focal point for controversy which cannot be ignored.
I, myself, prefer when Kobe distributes the ball early & gets his players going throughout the game while also putting up points WHEN NEEDED. When we play this way, there is no stopping us, we are a completely different team, a dangerous one at that.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby TIME on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:48 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
TIME wrote:Can we please get back to the main point of this thread which is to criticize Kobe?


So do you think Kobe will try to respond to all the criticism hes taking about the "old as S" comment by hero mode all game tomorrow? Fingers crossed for a little more team ball.


Actually I think he'll be more in facilitator mode than he has been recently.
Vitti uttered three words that surely applies to how Bryant made two free throws on one leg, walked off the court on his own and processed his rehabilitation plan amid the pain, frustration and tears.

“That’s really cool.”
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 8895
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby borri on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:49 am

CL has reached an all time low in this thread.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8027
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:50 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
TIME wrote:Can we please get back to the main point of this thread which is to criticize Kobe?


I suppose you are correct. Overall, I think Kobe is playing his best, most efficient ball on quite some time, actually of all time in terms of efficiency. I do, however, think he needs to take a step back on the shooting & swing the ball more often or perhaps not ISO too much. Although he does put up points when our team won't get going, it always raises the question of why are team is not getting themselves going. Is it because Kobe takes them out of the game early? Is it because they themselves want to rely on Kobe to carry them? It's certainly a focal point for controversy which cannot be ignored.
I, myself, prefer when Kobe distributes the ball early & gets his players going throughout the game while also putting up points WHEN NEEDED. When we play this way, there is no stopping us, we are a completely different team, a dangerous one at that.


Would be awesome. I'd even like to see Nash initiate the offense more and have kobe get an opportunity for some easy buckets instead of the 1v3 or 1v4 we've been seeing. Kinda hard to watch.
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:55 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
TIME wrote:Can we please get back to the main point of this thread which is to criticize Kobe?


I suppose you are correct. Overall, I think Kobe is playing his best, most efficient ball on quite some time, actually of all time in terms of efficiency. I do, however, think he needs to take a step back on the shooting & swing the ball more often or perhaps not ISO too much. Although he does put up points when our team won't get going, it always raises the question of why are team is not getting themselves going. Is it because Kobe takes them out of the game early? Is it because they themselves want to rely on Kobe to carry them? It's certainly a focal point for controversy which cannot be ignored.
I, myself, prefer when Kobe distributes the ball early & gets his players going throughout the game while also putting up points WHEN NEEDED. When we play this way, there is no stopping us, we are a completely different team, a dangerous one at that.


Would be awesome. I'd even like to see Nash initiate the offense more and have kobe get an opportunity for some easy buckets instead of the 1v3 or 1v4 we've been seeing. Kinda hard to watch.


I agree, Nash handle's the ball a pretty good amount of the game, but we need to let him dominate the ball at least 90% of the game, let's see how far that can take us because lately, I feel that Kobe asks for the ball from Nash way too often. I see Nash dribble the ball up, someone is going to set a pick, but Kobe always has his hand stretched out on the wing asking for it. That sort of ruins the fluidity of the offense & turns the game into Kobe ball.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
I agree, Nash handle's the ball a pretty good amount of the game, but we need to let him dominate the ball at least 90% of the game, let's see how far that can take us because lately, I feel that Kobe asks for the ball from Nash way too often. I see Nash dribble the ball up, someone is going to set a pick, but Kobe always has his hand stretched out on the wing asking for it. That sort of ruins the fluidity of the offense & turns the game into Kobe ball.


Totally agree. That was one of the great things about having a strong personality like Fisher running the point.

Kobe is going to ask for the ball EVERY POSSESSION. Hopefully Nash learns he doesnt always have to give it to him. lol
Image
User avatar
phoenixrisingla

 
Posts: 2276
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:49 am
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA!

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: easyguy, Google [Bot] and 15 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.