Kobe Bryant Discussion:#3 All Time!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby last stand on Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:20 pm

revgen wrote:Kobe is shooting a high FT% so he doesn't have to secede his technical FT's to Nash this year. Kobe's been holding out on us all this time.


You joke, but it's not out of the realm of possibility for Kobe the shoot better from the FT line because someone on the team is considered the best at it

I could easily see him taking that Upon himself to prove people wrong. He's gotten where he is because of that drive
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:22 pm

last stand wrote:Kobe's having a great season But Lebron definitely deserves to be #1 in MVP voting right now

Playing less minutes than Kobe he's averaging 24ppg 10rpg 6apg shooting 55% and 52% from 3 and showed against Houston that he can still dominate when he wants

Best player in the league bar none. What Kobe's doing is amazing but it's amazing because of his age, what lebrons doing is amazing at any age

The man is playing pf, averaging 10rpg is a given. Especially when you have chris bosh as the center. Let him try doing that with howard and gasol. If lbj were still playing sf, he would be averaging 6rpg. And I don't think he's more valuable to miami, than melo or kobe to their respective teams. kobe has more responsibilities, and melo definitely is more valuable to the knicks than lbj to miami. When you have bosh scoring 40, and ray allen giving you 20+ some games. Not even going to mention wade's talent. I think ppl just like to stare at the stat sheet with lbj. And when that happens, he'll win everytime. Probably the best stat sheet stuffer in the game's history. Other things should be taken into account. Just think ppl who are carrying the most burden should decide mvp, not talent.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby revgen on Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:53 pm

lakerswiz wrote:
revgen wrote:Kobe is shooting a high FT% so he doesn't have to secede his technical FT's to Nash this year. Kobe's been holding out on us all this time.

:man10:

I could see an instance in the midst of a game where Nash and Kobe both go to the line out of habit after a technical and there's a second of confusion or so as to who will shoot the shot.

Kobe at that point will tell Nash he's a .035 better free throw shooter than Nash on the season and will take the shot.

That is such a Kobe thing to do.


You could be right.

So far, Nash has taken the techs, but that could change when he comes back.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21722
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby last stand on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:21 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
last stand wrote:Kobe's having a great season But Lebron definitely deserves to be #1 in MVP voting right now

Playing less minutes than Kobe he's averaging 24ppg 10rpg 6apg shooting 55% and 52% from 3 and showed against Houston that he can still dominate when he wants

Best player in the league bar none. What Kobe's doing is amazing but it's amazing because of his age, what lebrons doing is amazing at any age

The man is playing pf, averaging 10rpg is a given. Especially when you have chris bosh as the center. Let him try doing that with howard and gasol. If lbj were still playing sf, he would be averaging 6rpg. And I don't think he's more valuable to miami, than melo or kobe to their respective teams. kobe has more responsibilities, and melo definitely is more valuable to the knicks than lbj to miami. When you have bosh scoring 40, and ray allen giving you 20+ some games. Not even going to mention wade's talent. I think ppl just like to stare at the stat sheet with lbj. And when that happens, he'll win everytime. Probably the best stat sheet stuffer in the game's history. Other things should be taken into account. Just think ppl who are carrying the most burden should decide mvp, not talent.


lol lebron is more than stats. he's the best player in the game. lets not be ridiculous. carmelo is a one-dimensional player who doesn't even belong in the discussion.

lebron is the most valuable player in the league, proved it last season and is continuing to prove it this season, wade isn't what he was, he's declining faster than kobe, bosh needs to be set up, and who sets him up? lebron.

Kobe would be my #2 right now just for the fact he's playing at karl malone, michael jordan levels for his age. he's actually producing some of his better numbers at this age which is amazing. he's one of the best to ever play for a reason, but lebron is also and he's in his prime. no point in comparing a player in his prime to a player out of it.

lebron is pretty incredible, anyone who actually watches him knows he's more than just a stats stuffer, he's a once in a generation player
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Did someone just say Melo is more valuable to his team than LeBron? :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:37 pm

unreal that Kobe is putting up those numbers with that efficiently and assisting like crazy. playing pg and SG and doing that well unreal.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:00 pm

last stand wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
last stand wrote:Kobe's having a great season But Lebron definitely deserves to be #1 in MVP voting right now

Playing less minutes than Kobe he's averaging 24ppg 10rpg 6apg shooting 55% and 52% from 3 and showed against Houston that he can still dominate when he wants

Best player in the league bar none. What Kobe's doing is amazing but it's amazing because of his age, what lebrons doing is amazing at any age

The man is playing pf, averaging 10rpg is a given. Especially when you have chris bosh as the center. Let him try doing that with howard and gasol. If lbj were still playing sf, he would be averaging 6rpg. And I don't think he's more valuable to miami, than melo or kobe to their respective teams. kobe has more responsibilities, and melo definitely is more valuable to the knicks than lbj to miami. When you have bosh scoring 40, and ray allen giving you 20+ some games. Not even going to mention wade's talent. I think ppl just like to stare at the stat sheet with lbj. And when that happens, he'll win everytime. Probably the best stat sheet stuffer in the game's history. Other things should be taken into account. Just think ppl who are carrying the most burden should decide mvp, not talent.


lol lebron is more than stats. he's the best player in the game. lets not be ridiculous. carmelo is a one-dimensional player who doesn't even belong in the discussion.

lebron is the most valuable player in the league, proved it last season and is continuing to prove it this season, wade isn't what he was, he's declining faster than kobe, bosh needs to be set up, and who sets him up? lebron.

Kobe would be my #2 right now just for the fact he's playing at karl malone, michael jordan levels for his age. he's actually producing some of his better numbers at this age which is amazing. he's one of the best to ever play for a reason, but lebron is also and he's in his prime. no point in comparing a player in his prime to a player out of it.

lebron is pretty incredible, anyone who actually watches him knows he's more than just a stats stuffer, he's a once in a generation player

I'm not disputing that. I said that clearly thats the case. I'm saying that talent alone is not what mvp should be decided as. The knicks are the only undefeated team left in the nba. They have a better record than the heat, with MUCH LESS talent. Leading scorer in the game, and playing solid D as well. How is him being mvp ridiculous? Rose won mvp, but lbj was clearly a better player. Same with nash and kobe earlier in the 2000s. It's not always about talent. But I guess you guys need to hear it from "analysts" in order for you to realize that its not blasphemous.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby escitnj on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:00 pm

“Kobe’s a pain in the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.]. He’s been a pain in the [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] since the day he came in the league and he still is. He’s one of the great ones. In every aspect, he can do it. He doesn’t get much credit for defense, but if he decides he’s going to go guard somebody, he can do that too. There’s nothing the guy can’t do. He’s pretty amazing.”
— Spurs head coach, Gregg Popovich
:man12:
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
User avatar
escitnj

 
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:15 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby escitnj on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:01 pm

Whoops^. Sorry!
"I don't want to be the next Michael Jordan, I only want to be Kobe Bryant."

-Kobe Bean Bryant

"Basketball, unlike football with its prescribed routes, is an improvisational game, similar to jazz. If someone drops a note, someone else must step into the vacuum and drive the beat that sustains the team."

PHIL JACKSON, The Last Season
User avatar
escitnj

 
Posts: 259
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:15 pm
Location: NJ

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:19 pm

Phil XI wrote:Kobe did not get a shot in the final 4 minutes. Something needs to be done about that.

Well he was playing PG, doing all the play making, hopefully when Nash is back he'll get more (and open) looks.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:23 pm

last stand wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
last stand wrote:Kobe's having a great season But Lebron definitely deserves to be #1 in MVP voting right now

Playing less minutes than Kobe he's averaging 24ppg 10rpg 6apg shooting 55% and 52% from 3 and showed against Houston that he can still dominate when he wants

Best player in the league bar none. What Kobe's doing is amazing but it's amazing because of his age, what lebrons doing is amazing at any age

The man is playing pf, averaging 10rpg is a given. Especially when you have chris bosh as the center. Let him try doing that with howard and gasol. If lbj were still playing sf, he would be averaging 6rpg. And I don't think he's more valuable to miami, than melo or kobe to their respective teams. kobe has more responsibilities, and melo definitely is more valuable to the knicks than lbj to miami. When you have bosh scoring 40, and ray allen giving you 20+ some games. Not even going to mention wade's talent. I think ppl just like to stare at the stat sheet with lbj. And when that happens, he'll win everytime. Probably the best stat sheet stuffer in the game's history. Other things should be taken into account. Just think ppl who are carrying the most burden should decide mvp, not talent.


lol lebron is more than stats. he's the best player in the game. lets not be ridiculous. carmelo is a one-dimensional player who doesn't even belong in the discussion.

lebron is the most valuable player in the league, proved it last season and is continuing to prove it this season, wade isn't what he was, he's declining faster than kobe, bosh needs to be set up, and who sets him up? lebron.

Kobe would be my #2 right now just for the fact he's playing at karl malone, michael jordan levels for his age. he's actually producing some of his beta kobe thread ? are you serious ßter numbers at this age which is amazing. he's one of the best to ever play for a reason, but lebron is also and he's in his prime. no point in comparing a player in his prime to a player out of it.

lebron is pretty incredible, anyone who actually watches him knows he's more than just a stats stuffer, he's a once in a generation player


yup. lebron is great and maybe the best in the game no doubt. but cmon really you put that in a kobe thread ? and think about that kobe is way much older then lebron and putting such great numbers up and you say he doesn t belong to the mvp candidates ? wow i am speechless . plus the fact that kobe at his age playing on such a high level and you not even consider him in the mvp hunt instead saying lebron it is ? wow again. here is one for you do you really think lebron once he is so old like kobe now , he would play so great like kobe does now ? i doubt it once lebrons freaking athletics is gone he won t play on a high level . are you that big lebron lover that you can t accept kobe s greatness so far ? ok then i know what kind of person you really are. nothing more then a hater. :mad1: :mad1: :bang:
kobebryant248

 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:25 pm

Finwë wrote:
Phil XI wrote:Kobe did not get a shot in the final 4 minutes. Something needs to be done about that.

Well he was playing PG, doing all the play making, hopefully when Nash is back he'll get more (and open) looks.


right he played pg and tried to facilitate , so it was really hard for him to create plays for his teammates and at the same time get a open shot. so no wonder that he didn t score in the last 4 minutes of the game . maybe think about first then write. :mad1: :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:31 pm



At 2:54 They both agree that melo is an mvp candidate. Guess its not so crazy huh?
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby thkthebest on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:33 pm

Regardless of age, Kobe has been playing like a top candidate. Unfortunately, his record hurts him. Carmelo shouldn't even be in the discussion. Lol. Get that out of here.

Also, nobody in the world cares about age when it comes to the MVP discussion. Really, people need to stop bringing that up. Just look at what's happening now and nothing else. Duncan is putting up 18.8 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 2.5 apg, 2.5 bpg, 1.3 spg, and he's freaking 36 years old. Should we give him bonus points and say, "Will Dwight put up those numbers when he's 36?" No because it really doesn't matter. Injuries don't matter. Age doesn't matter. It's about production and wins.
thkthebest

 
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby last stand on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:38 pm

it is crazy, he's a one-dimensional player who is about as selfish as the come. i don't care how many wins the knicks rack up, carmelo is not an MVP candidate, we are like 1/10th into the season right now. Lebron will be there in the end, Kobe, chris paul. Carmelo won't because carmelo is selfish and only cares about winning when it involves him scoring and having the ball. he's not an MVP.

skip bayless and stephen A smith can talk until they are blue in the face. everyones an MVP candidate this early. hell james harden is more deserving of the MVP if we were to hand them out today. as is chris paul, kobe, and lebron
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:57 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:
last stand wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
last stand wrote:Kobe's having a great season But Lebron definitely deserves to be #1 in MVP voting right now

Playing less minutes than Kobe he's averaging 24ppg 10rpg 6apg shooting 55% and 52% from 3 and showed against Houston that he can still dominate when he wants

Best player in the league bar none. What Kobe's doing is amazing but it's amazing because of his age, what lebrons doing is amazing at any age

The man is playing pf, averaging 10rpg is a given. Especially when you have chris bosh as the center. Let him try doing that with howard and gasol. If lbj were still playing sf, he would be averaging 6rpg. And I don't think he's more valuable to miami, than melo or kobe to their respective teams. kobe has more responsibilities, and melo definitely is more valuable to the knicks than lbj to miami. When you have bosh scoring 40, and ray allen giving you 20+ some games. Not even going to mention wade's talent. I think ppl just like to stare at the stat sheet with lbj. And when that happens, he'll win everytime. Probably the best stat sheet stuffer in the game's history. Other things should be taken into account. Just think ppl who are carrying the most burden should decide mvp, not talent.


lol lebron is more than stats. he's the best player in the game. lets not be ridiculous. carmelo is a one-dimensional player who doesn't even belong in the discussion.

lebron is the most valuable player in the league, proved it last season and is continuing to prove it this season, wade isn't what he was, he's declining faster than kobe, bosh needs to be set up, and who sets him up? lebron.

Kobe would be my #2 right now just for the fact he's playing at karl malone, michael jordan levels for his age. he's actually producing some of his beta kobe thread ? are you serious ßter numbers at this age which is amazing. he's one of the best to ever play for a reason, but lebron is also and he's in his prime. no point in comparing a player in his prime to a player out of it.

lebron is pretty incredible, anyone who actually watches him knows he's more than just a stats stuffer, he's a once in a generation player


yup. lebron is great and maybe the best in the game no doubt. but cmon really you put that in a kobe thread ? and think about that kobe is way much older then lebron and putting such great numbers up and you say he doesn t belong to the mvp candidates ? wow i am speechless . plus the fact that kobe at his age playing on such a high level and you not even consider him in the mvp hunt instead saying lebron it is ? wow again. here is one for you do you really think lebron once he is so old like kobe now , he would play so great like kobe does now ? i doubt it once lebrons freaking athletics is gone he won t play on a high level . are you that big lebron lover that you can t accept kobe s greatness so far ? ok then i know what kind of person you really are. nothing more then a hater. :mad1: :mad1: :bang:

Lol no I don't think thats the case. He's just voicing his honest opinion. I think he has different definition of mvp. I say circumstances and talent. He just believes talent alone.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:00 pm

You guys must be crazy. I think I must be the only one who's actually watched the knicks this year. Under estimating this man. smh...
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 pm

last stand wrote:it is crazy, he's a one-dimensional player who is about as selfish as the come. i don't care how many wins the knicks rack up, carmelo is not an MVP candidate, we are like 1/10th into the season right now. Lebron will be there in the end, Kobe, chris paul. Carmelo won't because carmelo is selfish and only cares about winning when it involves him scoring and having the ball. he's not an MVP.

skip bayless and stephen A smith can talk until they are blue in the face. everyones an MVP candidate this early. hell james harden is more deserving of the MVP if we were to hand them out today. as is chris paul, kobe, and lebron

Sounds like what kobe haters say...

hell james harden is more deserving of the MVP if we were to hand them out today.

And seeing you say something like this it makes me wonder if i'm wasting my time arguing with you...
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby last stand on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:22 pm

You must have not gotter the point of the sentence. Also what Kobe haters say has no basis. Kobe is a champion, with career averages of 5apg who played in the triangle offense which is an assist killing offense

Carmelo is selfish, proven selfish, and that's fine, but he's not an MVP, not at all
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7501
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby JGC on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:26 pm

King of Clutch wrote:
last stand wrote:Kobe's having a great season But Lebron definitely deserves to be #1 in MVP voting right now

Playing less minutes than Kobe he's averaging 24ppg 10rpg 6apg shooting 55% and 52% from 3 and showed against Houston that he can still dominate when he wants

Best player in the league bar none. What Kobe's doing is amazing but it's amazing because of his age, what lebrons doing is amazing at any age

The man is playing pf, averaging 10rpg is a given. Especially when you have chris bosh as the center. Let him try doing that with howard and gasol. If lbj were still playing sf, he would be averaging 6rpg. And I don't think he's more valuable to miami, than melo or kobe to their respective teams. kobe has more responsibilities, and melo definitely is more valuable to the knicks than lbj to miami. When you have bosh scoring 40, and ray allen giving you 20+ some games. Not even going to mention wade's talent. I think ppl just like to stare at the stat sheet with lbj. And when that happens, he'll win everytime. Probably the best stat sheet stuffer in the game's history. Other things should be taken into account. Just think ppl who are carrying the most burden should decide mvp, not talent.


How do you figure that Lebron would be averaging 6 RPG if he slid back to SF? I don't even recall if he's ever averaged that low ever in his career has he?

How can you say averaging 10 RPG is a given? There are only 10 players in the entire league averaging double digit boards. Last season there were only 8 players who could do that. I have no idea why you're trying to discredit what he is doing. What's next, you're going to discredit Kobe's 8 assists against the Spurs because he played PG so oh, that's a given? Cmon.

I'm also not sure how you can discredit Lebron because he has Bosh and Ray Allen, but you won't discredit Kobe who has Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Steve Nash.

Look, Kobe is doing amazing this year. Enjoy the ride. I hope it continues as long as possible. But he'll be due at some point for a correction and the best case scenario is 46%-49% this season and more realistic is somewhere around 45% or lower. Let's be realistic here.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby thkthebest on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 pm

King of Clutch wrote:You guys must be crazy. I think I must be the only one who's actually watched the knicks this year. Under estimating this man. smh...

If you're honestly saying this after watching the Knicks, then I don't think you are watching closely enough. What exactly is Carmelo doing that's making you think he's the MVP?
thkthebest

 
Posts: 3954
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 12:59 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby Finwë on Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:46 pm

thkthebest wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:You guys must be crazy. I think I must be the only one who's actually watched the knicks this year. Under estimating this man. smh...

If you're honestly saying this after watching the Knicks, then I don't think you are watching closely enough. What exactly is Carmelo doing that's making you think he's the MVP?

I wouldn't say Melo is the MVP (I wouldn't say that about anyone when the season has barely started), but I do think he could win it this year.
If NY ends up with a great record (say 1st or 2nd in the east, top 3 in the league), and he's the leading scorer (or 2nd) while averaging around 7 boards a game and being their go-to guy in the clutch, then IMO he's winning it. That's more of a prediction than my preference btw.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8078
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:24 pm

idk about the rest of the season, but right now Kobe is the best player in basketball this season. Easily #1 or #2 on the MVP ladder. Based on the post-Mike Brown Kobe pushes him over Lebron right now. Only thing is the lakers record compared to Lebron's Miami Heat or the Melo's Knicks

Post Mike Brown (2-1 & No Nash):

35.0 MPG
25.0 PPG (75)
53.8% FG (28-52)
46.2% 3PT (6-13)
92.8% FT (13-14)
6.3 RPG (19)
7.0 APG (21)
1.3 SPG (4)
1.3 PF (4)

25/6/7 is unreal for a guy in his 17th season with all his post season minutes without a starting PG. :jam2:
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4711
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:37 pm

JGC wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:
last stand wrote:Kobe's having a great season But Lebron definitely deserves to be #1 in MVP voting right now

Playing less minutes than Kobe he's averaging 24ppg 10rpg 6apg shooting 55% and 52% from 3 and showed against Houston that he can still dominate when he wants

Best player in the league bar none. What Kobe's doing is amazing but it's amazing because of his age, what lebrons doing is amazing at any age

The man is playing pf, averaging 10rpg is a given. Especially when you have chris bosh as the center. Let him try doing that with howard and gasol. If lbj were still playing sf, he would be averaging 6rpg. And I don't think he's more valuable to miami, than melo or kobe to their respective teams. kobe has more responsibilities, and melo definitely is more valuable to the knicks than lbj to miami. When you have bosh scoring 40, and ray allen giving you 20+ some games. Not even going to mention wade's talent. I think ppl just like to stare at the stat sheet with lbj. And when that happens, he'll win everytime. Probably the best stat sheet stuffer in the game's history. Other things should be taken into account. Just think ppl who are carrying the most burden should decide mvp, not talent.


How do you figure that Lebron would be averaging 6 RPG if he slid back to SF? I don't even recall if he's ever averaged that low ever in his career has he?

How can you say averaging 10 RPG is a given? There are only 10 players in the entire league averaging double digit boards. Last season there were only 8 players who could do that. I have no idea why you're trying to discredit what he is doing. What's next, you're going to discredit Kobe's 8 assists against the Spurs because he played PG so oh, that's a given? Cmon.

I'm also not sure how you can discredit Lebron because he has Bosh and Ray Allen, but you won't discredit Kobe who has Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol and Steve Nash.

Look, Kobe is doing amazing this year. Enjoy the ride. I hope it continues as long as possible. But he'll be due at some point for a correction and the best case scenario is 46%-49% this season and more realistic is somewhere around 45% or lower. Let's be realistic here.

-_- around 6 rpg is his career average. Thats why i'm assuming that. I'm not discrediting what he's doing. I'm merely stating the obvious. KD plays alot of pf this year as well. And he's averaging 10+ rebounds per game also. I'm just saying that if kobe didn't have 2 seven footers, he'd be averaging much more than 5.5 rpg. Both Pau and Howard average 10.0+ rpg each. Bosh alone averages 7.5. The rebounds have to go somewhere. The assists have been consistent with his career. And the scoring has been below average for him. He hasn't gotten better, or played better. Just don't see it. I'm just saying what I see, and not letting my opinions get influenced. kobe, melo, and lbj are 1, 1A, and 1B in my opinion, if their teams are around the same record with each other at the end of the season. And the stats stay the way they are.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 4 straight games shooting over 50%

Postby The Rock on Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:42 pm

The Knicks as is are doing fine, but Amare is gonna screw it all up lol
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19991
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.