Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby revgen on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:26 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Nash is the pg who seldom has the ball in his hands and simply defers to Kobe and watches him work.

This is quite possibly the most absurd statement I've seen in a long time.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Murdock on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:28 am

Juronimo wrote:Aside from Murdock's comment, tell me what was wrong with any of those comments? Our defense sucks, that's obvious. Kobe's play has disrupted the flow of the offense. Those are 2 separate issues. Since our defense is poor, we can't address that issue?

Because our defense is poor, we can't discuss Dwight's poor free throw shooting? We can't discuss Pau's poor play overall?

Of course we can and we do, and we will discuss how Kobe's play in the offense is affecting our offensive flow. The issue obviously isn't field goal percentage. The issue is that the team itself isn't getting into a proper rhythm and because of that players aren't as engaged as they should be and this is contributing to losses. That is what several posters are attempting to communicate.

Actually my comment is valid, because whenever Kobe didn't play this team played an extremly well in terms of ball movement because they knew they had to ... it has happened many times in the past ... but if Kobe decides to play team ball - which doesn't necessarily mean high assists total!!! just simple ball movement - any of his past teams played great - the best example I can think of is 06 Lakers against Phonenix - 1R playoffs
Murdock

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:29 am

Ariza3 wrote:
“@CP3: Sittin here watching the game from 2nite on my ipad n lil Chris says "Daddy, lemme see when Kobe dunked on you" #ForgetYouChris #HeGotMe lol”

“@Matt_Barnes22: The car ride home with the twins was classic.. Isaiah told me daddy, "Kobe did this to you" & made a crossover ... http://t.co/n6yB04P1

:man10:

I saw those, just hilarious. :man10: :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:32 am

even though it was a loss...the guy was amazing tonight. if we won this would be an amazing game. to bad it'll be forgotten.

how many times does kobe guard cp3 for pretty much the entire time theyre both in and shoot that efficiently scoring 38 AND steal the ball that many times AND dunk on cp3 AND crossover barnes with jersey in his mouth :jam2:

even though were losing terribly, other players are being pathetic, record is way below .500 now, watching this man play is unreal. sucks my kids wont get too live
Ariza3

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:34 am

revgen wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:Nash is the pg who seldom has the ball in his hands and simply defers to Kobe and watches him work.

How many minutes did u see Nash have the ball in his hands tonight? I saw a lot of Nash deferring to Kobe. Maybe you and i were watching a different game?
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:35 am

Borri,

Agree to disagree on this Kobe thing. But again, i see your points.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Scnottaken on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am

I wanted to use this clip earlier, but I had to get it approved first. Warning: Grandpa Simpson swearing.
Spoiler:
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby revgen on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:02 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:

How many minutes did u see Nash have the ball in his hands tonight? I saw a lot of Nash deferring to Kobe. Maybe you and i were watching a different game?

He deferred to Kobe at times. But to say he seldom had the ball in his hands is simply ridiculous. He had 10 assists tonight along with 4 TO's. You can't commit 10 assists and 4 TO's and "seldom touch the ball".

We may be watching the same game, but it's you who may need a new a pair of glasses.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:
“@CP3: Sittin here watching the game from 2nite on my ipad n lil Chris says "Daddy, lemme see when Kobe dunked on you" #ForgetYouChris #HeGotMe lol”

“@Matt_Barnes22: The car ride home with the twins was classic.. Isaiah told me daddy, "Kobe did this to you" & made a crossover ... http://t.co/n6yB04P1

Here is the video of it: *Just start watching at the 1:50 mark*
Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:19 am

revgen wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:

He deferred to Kobe at times. But to say he seldom had the ball in his hands is simply ridiculous. He had 10 assists tonight along with 4 TO's. You can't commit 10 assists and 4 TO's and "seldom touch the ball".

We may be watching the same game, but it's you who may need a new a pair of glasses.

I bet you more than half those assists were to Kobe. Nash deferred like crazy to Kobe tonight.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Ar[C]heZ!A on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:23 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Ariza3 wrote:

And shows that these players have great respect for him. Without that respect they wouldn't share those moments feeling jealous.

I truly feel sorry for Kobe this season. He plays one of the best seasons in NBA at this age and gets nothing but more loses and lousy efforts from his teammates...
Ar[C]heZ!A

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:24 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:

I bet you more than half those assists were to Kobe. Nash deferred like crazy to Kobe tonight.

nope. only 3 assists to kobe. 6 to dwight, pau and jordan and 1 to meeks.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby revgen on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:28 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:
revgen wrote:

So an assist to Kobe is deferring?

If Nash assists D12, did he defer to D12? If Nash finds Pau open for a midrange J, did he defer to Pau?

I find your excuses and your pathetic attempts to explain yourself amusing, to say the least.

I'll give you credit though. You're finally blaming Nash for Kobe "shooting so much". I suppose we can call that progress.

revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:31 am

My IQ goes down about five notches everytime I see this thread. :man10:
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby JGC on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:02 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:My IQ goes down about five notches everytime I see this thread. :man10:

Well, that doesn't make too much sense. Didn't you mean to say you feel smarter everytime you see this thread?

Anyway, Kobe had a good game, real good although not so good in the final minute or so. I know a lot of people will make comments about ball movement or whatever but we just went up against a better team tonight. Plain and simple. It was a little better tonight overall, and we did get to roughly the same margin as we did against a much inferior team when there was less.

I too thought Nash deferred too much and he wasn't being Steve Nash out there and it wasn't any more apparent than in the play where Kobe missed that 3 at the end. When Kobe kicked it back to Nash with 6or 7 seconds left, Nash should have quickly gone to work.

A waste of a generally very good floor game from Kobe tonight.
JGC

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:47 pm

LETS GO LAKERS :bow:

Keep it up Bro it is apparent you are one of the few who actually know how to call Kobe out for things that Kobe has nothing to do with. You rock... or suck one of the two.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Murdock on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:56 pm

JGC wrote:
Texas Lakers Fan wrote:My IQ goes down about five notches everytime I see this thread. :man10:

Well, that doesn't make too much sense. Didn't you mean to say you feel smarter everytime you see this thread?

Anyway, Kobe had a good game, real good although not so good in the final minute or so. I know a lot of people will make comments about ball movement or whatever but we just went up against a better team tonight. Plain and simple. It was a little better tonight overall, and we did get to roughly the same margin as we did against a much inferior team when there was less.

I too thought Nash deferred too much and he wasn't being Steve Nash out there and it wasn't any more apparent than in the play where Kobe missed that 3 at the end. When Kobe kicked it back to Nash with 6or 7 seconds left, Nash should have quickly gone to work.

A waste of a generally very good floor game from Kobe tonight.

so far went through first half - 1st QT - pretty ok D 2nd pretty terrible D ... :D too bad that in the second quarter he decided to shoot everytime he touched the ball but he was efficient at least ...

but maaan the D is terrible plain and simple and not only from him ...
Murdock

Postby Forward Three on Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Kobe's on Twitter now, apparently.
Thoughts of self doubt Am I done? Is this how my career will end?? I REFUSE to give in to these thoughts. #strongwill #countonchallenges
Forward Three

Postby The Rock on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:11 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby JGC on Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:17 pm

Forward Three wrote:Kobe's on Twitter now, apparently.
Thoughts of self doubt Am I done? Is this how my career will end?? I REFUSE to give in to these thoughts. #strongwill #countonchallenges

Wow. That's just ... mind-boggling.
JGC

Postby The Rock on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby SK8 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:10 pm

I hate Ebanks can't even look at him,i am still mad at him for laughing after Chris Paul crossover on Darius....

Edit: You've been here long enough to know about not bypassing the swear filter. - TIME
Last edited by SK8 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:31 pm

Kobe played exactly how he should, didn't force much, defended well, didn't shoot too much until needed (15-25FG). Can't ask for more from Kobe Bean Bryant.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Murdock on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:14 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Kobe played exactly how he should, didn't force much, defended well, didn't shoot too much until needed (15-25FG). Can't ask for more from Kobe Bean Bryant.

yeah he played pretty great game ... didn't like his D in second Q but in the 4th he stepped up ... still he forced 2 bad shots at the end - wish we actually played something and not just dumped it to Kobe ...
Murdock

Postby Center Court on Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:15 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:Fuc**** Ebanks can't even look at him,i am still mad at him for laughing after Chris Paul crossover on Darius....

probably just bitter that he this is Darius's second year and he's getting steady mins but he's gone through 4 coaches over his 3 years and he can't crack a role.
Center Court

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion