Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:16 pm

^ I thought Kobe was fantastic in the game. He came out with a different mentality against the clips than phi.

He came out in the first quarter (1st half even) with the purpose of feeding dwight, getting Meeks/guys open looks, and letting Nash facilitate.

He explicitly started his scoring outbursts when we needed them....when we fell behind by double digits. Even though that 3 at the end of the game was a TOUGH shot, he was so DAMN hot....I liked our chances with him taking it.

That being said, it isn't what should happen every game. We have a balanced offense throughout, and we don't even face that situation.
Chillbongo

Postby BDG on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:36 pm

Giving Bryant some offensive support could begin changing the team's fortunes. While losing the past two games, the Lakers' superstar has totaled 74 points while the rest of the starters have combined for 70.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby The Original 81 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:56 pm

BDG wrote:
Giving Bryant some offensive support could begin changing the team's fortunes. While losing the past two games, the Lakers' superstar has totaled 74 points while the rest of the starters have combined for 70.

Wow.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Doc Brown on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:18 pm

Typical Kobe, shooting and scoring too much.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:20 pm

BDG wrote:

and contrary to popular belief the other guys are getting the shot chances to score. The offensive balance is a step off but still improving in my opinion.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Chillbongo on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:23 pm

Balance is definitely improving. Pau & Meeks were terrible. Dwight was OK. I still think his post game is years behind Bynum's. He just can pass out of a double team better. In other aspects obviously Dwight is better. But the team isn't benefiting in wins from it.

Poor Kobe. :man8:
Chillbongo

Postby noobiew on Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:31 pm

BDG wrote:

Not only that, during this stretch, Kobe shoots 54% FG while the entire rest of the team combined for 37% FG.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Finwë on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:24 pm

If our defense STILL sucks with Kobe taking fewer shots and being less involved on O, and all the while that means MWP and Hill shooting a lot more, are we sure Kobe shooting as much as he has in the last few games is a real problem?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:33 pm

No...it's not playing any D at all.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:54 pm

Kobe is a ball hog. I'm so sick of watching him take shots without even looking to pass. Sickening.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Finwë on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi
Anyone who thinks Kobe is the problem with this team is clueless.

I will add to that "and not worth talking to at this point". I am certain of that now.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby trodgers on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Kobe is a ball hog. I'm so sick of watching him take shots without even looking to pass. Sickening.

Agreed. The most sickening part is that the official scorer just GAVE Kobe 7 assists to start the game; he didn't even have to work for those.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:06 pm

Kobe puts it all out there every game, its really depressing watching him try so hard and still come up short with all these "talented players" around. Kobe is the only reason we stay in games...
JLaker17

Postby ElginTheGreat on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:09 pm

trodgers wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:Kobe is a ball hog. I'm so sick of watching him take shots without even looking to pass. Sickening.

Agreed. The most sickening part is that the official scorer just GAVE Kobe 7 assists to start the game; he didn't even have to work for those.

These guys don't watch games. They just sit there and spout off about Kobe.
ElginTheGreat

Postby Pig Miller on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:11 pm

no issue with shot selection or shot attempts. just dind't hit shots. short on a number of shots.
Pig Miller

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:12 pm

It has to be his fault. I mean he took 26 shots this game. Isn't that what the Kobe detractors have been saying is the problem? Pau and Dwight had 16 total shots. We have to blame Kobe for taking 10 more shots than them right?
Didn't JGC say he isn't playing the right way when he shoots that much?
Murdock, call Kobe out for not doing what needed to be done. Odom1year, Give Kobe hell cause he isn't leading this team.
LetsgoLakers, his ball hogging is the thing it has to be.

Yes, lets blame this guy for not doing the right things some more.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Man... this dude is an offensive genius. What a waste of a season. What a goddamn waste.
Armani

Postby borri on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:27 pm

ElginTheGreat wrote:
trodgers wrote:

These guys don't watch games. They just sit there and spout off about Kobe.

I realized it now. I'm pissed I wasted almost 2 pages worth of replies trying to talk some sense into these guys.

Haters gonna hate. That's what they do.
borri

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan

Kobe's done talking to reporters, already dressed and out the door. That's the fastest I've ever seen him leave after a game. #Lakers

He's not a happy camper at all
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Beto Duran ‏@DuranSports

No ice. No treatment. Kobe was dressed in sweatsuit when locker room opened. Shoes with no socks. Short answers. #mambamad
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Armani on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:30 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:

Kobe's done talking to reporters, already dressed and out the door. That's the fastest I've ever seen him leave after a game. #Lakers

Good. I want drama. Make something happen.
Armani

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:31 pm

kobe plays his heart out night in and night out . all what he got is a blame for almost everything what goes wrong. so i am calling all of you haters out what the f... is wrong with you ? you should blame the guys who really are guilty for this. not kobe. :bang: :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby noobiew on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Kobe scores 18 points in the 4th quarter (7-12 FG).
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby Maluco Beleza on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:34 pm

haha kobe wants to go to bed
Maluco Beleza

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:38 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:

can't blame him, things are looking pretty low.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion