Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:14 pm

Kobe under 20FG today again & looked better defensively as well. Loving this kobe, keep it up.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:15 pm

Great game by Kobe ... he's back to playing the perfect way on O ( as he did in the 1st 11 games of the season) and added some great D ...

We need more depth though to allow him to maintain this type of effort
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:18 pm

Beto Duran ‏@DuranSports

Kobe on Lebron saying Lakers criticism doesnt compare to what Heat got in first year "I dont give a ****. Tomato. Tomatoe"


:man10:

Beto Duran ‏@DuranSports

Kobe on where he draws to energy to ramp up defense "just will. I dont want to lose. I refuse to lose"
Last edited by Battle Tested20 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11670
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby Weezy on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:18 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:The defense is really nice but I worry he will burn out having to put up offense like this all the time. We need consistent offense from everyone else in order for Kobe to go all out on defense


I am trying to be optimistic about Kobe's D, but I agree, I do not see how he can keep this up for a full season. It won't be for lack of effort, but the dude is 34, 17th season, he will not be able to guard the opposing team's best guard/SF and still do this much on offense all season, he will burn out trying to make the playoffs and be spent if we do. I don't know what other solution there is because this seems to be working, but Kobe is only human, and not a young one anymore.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Vincent Goodwill@vgoodwillabout 28 minutes ago


This whole Kobe guarding point guards thing has "tired legs" or "knee injury" written all over it. D'Antoni better be careful




Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2I7KllkL1
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:29 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Vincent Goodwill@vgoodwillabout 28 minutes ago


This whole Kobe guarding point guards thing has "tired legs" or "knee injury" written all over it. D'Antoni better be careful




Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2I7KllkL1


Definitely agree.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby Magic Skywalker on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Even if LeBron is bigger, faster and stronger, I'd still put Kobe on LeBron. LeBron is usually the one with the ball, and I really think we should have Kobe on the ball as much as possible. Not only we hide his bad off-ball defense, but he's also great on-ball defender.

Kobe knows how to defend, which will help against James. Nobody can stop a guy like him, so he will need help, but I'd still go with that (Clark could also do fairly well, so they could take turns).
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
User avatar
Magic Skywalker

 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:31 pm

Who the heck is that?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40332
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:Who the heck is that?


Pistons guy ... just put it out there because I think he has a valid point ... MDA better monitor Kobe's role and minutes
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:42 pm

Kamenetzky Brothers @KamBrothers about 11 minutes ago
After the game, Brandon Jennings praised Kobe's D, said it created difficulties both operating and just getting the ball. AK



Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2I7OKaE7s

Kevin Ding @KevinDing about 11 minutes ago
Bucks coach Jim Boylan: "Our rhythm was taken away from us -- and mainly by the defense Kobe played."



Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2I7OaP27h

wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Who the heck is that?


Pistons guy ... just put it out there because I think he has a valid point ... MDA better monitor Kobe's role and minutes


We blew out two teams and he played less than 40 minutes in each. I already said it earlier tonight, this isn't going to be 100% for the rest of the season, but he can do this in a lot of games and in a lot of match-ups.

If we take care of business the right way, these kinds of games actually limit his minutes because the team is more successful.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40332
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:Even if LeBron is bigger, faster and stronger, I'd still put Kobe on LeBron. LeBron is usually the one with the ball, and I really think we should have Kobe on the ball as much as possible. Not only we hide his bad off-ball defense, but he's also great on-ball defender.

Kobe knows how to defend, which will help against James. Nobody can stop a guy like him, so he will need help, but I'd still go with that (Clark could also do fairly well, so they could take turns).


I don't like Metta on Wade ... difference in speed is way too big imo
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby Magic Skywalker on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:02 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Magic Skywalker wrote:Even if LeBron is bigger, faster and stronger, I'd still put Kobe on LeBron. LeBron is usually the one with the ball, and I really think we should have Kobe on the ball as much as possible. Not only we hide his bad off-ball defense, but he's also great on-ball defender.

Kobe knows how to defend, which will help against James. Nobody can stop a guy like him, so he will need help, but I'd still go with that (Clark could also do fairly well, so they could take turns).


I don't like Metta on Wade ... difference in speed is way too big imo


Though I get your point, and partially agree, same happens with LeBron (though I do admit Wade moves better).

I know it's risky, but I wouldn't discard trying Clark on Wade, Kobe on LBJ and Dwight on Bosh.

Yesterday I would've not proposed this, but after seeing Clark on Ellis tonight, I think it could be possible.

Of course, I don't expect this for 48 minutes, Ron should probably get some minutes guarding LeBron, and maybe also Clark. And of course, help defense will be key.
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
User avatar
Magic Skywalker

 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby Doc Brown on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:03 am

Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1
Predict KB guards LeBron more often than Wade. It'll piss off Wade so much being ignored he'll take James out of the offense more than KB
Retweeted by Eric Pincus


:man10: :man10:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:11 am

Kevin Ding
Brandon Jennings on Kobe tonight: "Probably the best defense anybody's played on me since I've been in the league."


More Jennings on @kobebryant: "For the whole game, I don't think I've ever seen a guard put that much pressure on a point guard full-court."
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:12 am

I don't mind Ron on Lebron all game long ... as I don't mind Lebron getting 30-35 pts ... Lebron is at his best when he's dishing for the Heat shooters ... DON'T double him .

Anyways , the key to the game is to put Bosh in early foul trouble ... then Miami is playing 4 on 5 on O and we can zone up both Wade and Lebron as we did last season .

It may force Lebron to spend some extra energy by guarding D12 too
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 am

Doc Brown wrote:
Peter Vecsey ‏@PeterVecsey1
Predict KB guards LeBron more often than Wade. It'll piss off Wade so much being ignored he'll take James out of the offense more than KB
Retweeted by Eric Pincus


:man10: :man10:


No :man10: ... Santa sent an early 2013 gift to Kobe ... now he can abuse his two favorite beotchs in D-Whistle and RayRay during the same game ... Kobe doesn't care about Lebron
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:27 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
Kevin Ding
Brandon Jennings on Kobe tonight: "Probably the best defense anybody's played on me since I've been in the league."


More Jennings on @kobebryant: "For the whole game, I don't think I've ever seen a guard put that much pressure on a point guard full-court."


:jam2: keep that effort up kobe! thats how you be a leader! :jam2: :bow:
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4696
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby kenzo on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:42 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Beto Duran ‏@DuranSports

Kobe on Lebron saying Lakers criticism doesnt compare to what Heat got in first year "I dont give a ****. Tomato. Tomatoe"


:man10:

Beto Duran ‏@DuranSports

Kobe on where he draws to energy to ramp up defense "just will. I dont want to lose. I refuse to lose"


Well... maybe that "not 3, not 4, not 5..." thing got something to do with it? Lebron is a dumbass :man10:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5971
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby revgen on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:42 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Who the heck is that?


Pistons guy ... just put it out there because I think he has a valid point ... MDA better monitor Kobe's role and minutes


We're not in a position to monitor minutes right now. We need to win games.
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:49 am

Image
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20537
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:51 am

:man10: :man10: :man10:
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10404
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:50 pm

Arash Markazi@ArashMarkaziabout 28 minutes ago


Kobe on LeBron saying the Heat had it harder 2 seasons ago: "What does it matter? What does he want, a cookie for that?"


Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2IB4nlLbm
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:55 pm

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Arash Markazi@ArashMarkaziabout 28 minutes ago


Kobe on LeBron saying the Heat had it harder 2 seasons ago: "What does it matter? What does he want, a cookie for that?"


Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2IB4nlLbm


:man10: :man10:

Kobe is the man.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 15218
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:37 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: D-ing up!

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Kobe is doing the "find motivation where I need to" tactic here I think :man10:

I'm hoping he's really getting amped up for this game. The Heat are reeling a little here and I think they could fall if we come out and play focused basketball.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40332
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.