Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Pig Miller on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:02 am

some time after the smush parker era, kobe started to trust his teammates more, realizing he couldn't do it himself. nonetheless, he went on his shooting/scoring spurts and sometimes got away from team ball.

however, this edition of kobe is him trusting his teammates on steroids. phil would be very proud.
Pig Miller

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:03 am

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:Tonight's game vs the hornets will tell us alot about Kobe...will he go out there and shoot first knowing how bad NO defense is or will he be looking to make plays for he's teammates...if he gets 7+assists for the game then Kobe is more about winning then anything else...if he goes out there and shoots 6fgs the first quarter then the last 2 games wit 14 assistants was just a fluke.

here is a guy who knows nothing about Kobe. Period.

Whoa! Nice!

Anyways I'm not talking about Kobe's overall game since he's rookie year to date..I'm basically saying hopefully he keeps the same mentality he's had the previous 2 games....the last 2 games not the last 17 seasons.

How about hoping the team has the same mentality? Giving some arbitrary stats saying if he get 7+ assist shows he cares about winning. To get an assist someone has to make a shot off a pass.

Ok maybe giving a assist number was far fetch BUT you can't deny the last 2 games Kobe has been playing differently then the beginning of the season..now he's breaking down the defense, trying to find the open man first, not shooting contestant shots as much, he's playing overall better IMO. Which in return gets the other players more confidence instead of always relying on Kobe to bail them out...maybe it's just me idk.

You guys all pumped up that Kobe is playing the way you want him too now are funny as hell. Doesn't dawn on you that Kobe and Nash finally had to lay the wood in the team meeting and then in telling Dan that they were going to play to their strengths from now on. 3-4 guys posting up including Kobe. Inside out and people cutting. As opposed to Kobe's fault when Dan's stupid use of our squad was camping 4 guys outside chucking and standing around watching each other go one on one and one on two. Not just Kobe. It was like they would take turns. Due to the stupid effing system being run. Well guess what...."selfish" effing Kobe is the reason now it's fixed.
LTLakerFan

Postby The Rock on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:42 am

So Kobe dished out 14 assists, took only 12 shots and yet we give up 100+ points...so much for the theory that our guys play lockdown intense defense when they get the ball passed to them. FAIL

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby kenzo on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:43 am

Scrub... he could have 3 straight triple doubles. Grab them boards Kobe :man2: :man9:
kenzo

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:19 am

The guy still has new tricks up his sleeve in his 17th year, he can score, he can pass, he can rebound...he can play any role he is asked to play just when people thought he was only a scorer. Guys like #24 do not come often, he is a true legend of the game.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby MC on Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 am

LTLakerFan wrote:You guys all pumped up that Kobe is playing the way you want him too now are funny as hell. Doesn't dawn on you that Kobe and Nash finally had to lay the wood in the team meeting and then in telling Dan that they were going to play to their strengths from now on. 3-4 guys posting up including Kobe. Inside out and people cutting. As opposed to Kobe's fault when Dan's stupid use of our squad was camping 4 guys outside chucking and standing around watching each other go one on one and one on two. Not just Kobe. It was like they would take turns. Due to the stupid effing system being run. Well guess what...."selfish" effing Kobe is the reason now it's fixed.

sssshhhhhhhhhh ...... keep it down...... they don't like it around here when you make actual sense.....

This society these days is all about blaming what's easiest instead of actually understanding what was wrong in the first place ...

The change has everything to so with the philosophy shift within the offense but hey let the mental midgets actually believe it's just the whims of a single player out there.... keeps them happy and pacified

The Rock wrote:So Kobe dished out 14 assists, took only 12 shots and yet we give up 100+ points...so much for the theory that our guys play lockdown intense defense when they get the ball passed to them. FAIL

Even though as of late they have run less offensive sets with the corner 3 split concept but they are still running it at times............ this is the biggest flaw in MDAs system when you consider responsible floor balance. When they stop doing it COMPLETELY, which won;t happen with genius as coach, the PPG against will drop.......... continue to do it and it all depends on the jump shooters hitting shots from that very flawed floor spacing on how many transition opportunities and cheap looks they give up per night. The 2 games before last night I saw very little of it, against the Hornets they were back at it again a bit.... MDA just has to stop that bull s**t IMO and the defense will settle into being better and consistent.

It's ok to start an offensive set with the split corner concept but once the shot goes up you can't still be in that spacing .... PERIOD! That is what the MDA supporters just don't get for some reason and that is what is different from other coaches that are running smaller lineups and playing up tempo ball...... that is MDA being super aggressive one way creating complete liabilities the other way with little regard..... that's what makes him the leader and president of the mental midget club.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby kobe_008 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:25 am

woohoo we are missing some guys from this thread.
its like music in my ear
kobe_008

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:41 am

Reinventing himself into a Magic clone is a dream come true for me, I was hoping he would do it when he first came in the league but Jordan ruined everybody with conscience-less individual play, and of course everyone wanted to emulate his Airness because of the media hype :man10: :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby wcsoldier81 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:45 am

Only player ( with Lebron) to have a minimum of 11 assists 3 game in a row since 2007-2008 ... point guards excluded of course .

Kobe did it in 2009 too
wcsoldier81

Postby kobebryant248 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:51 am

kobe over did it vs new orleans yesterday . he was only looking to pass and got no rhytmn to hit some shots in the end of the game. as pleased as anybody here in the forum is . he has to find a balance between passing and shooting . but i ll take that win
kobebryant248

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:01 am

"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby denimPortugal on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:17 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:Image

:bow:
denimPortugal

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:30 am

Kobe Johnson.... Meh. Magic Mamba :jam2: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby JLaker17 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:11 am

Kobe played great, its really weird going minutes without him scoring though. Whatever it takes to win!
JLaker17

Postby scissors on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:18 am

The facilitator Kobe is looking more and more natural as games play on. You can tell everyone on the team loves this and are coming out with way more intensity. Kobe is the true MVP. He is making everyone around him look like stars right now.
scissors

Postby LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:27 am

Anyone else feel we may be at the start of an amazing period from Kobe, out of necessity, abandoning his dominant scoring capabilities to a great degree, to show us for the first time what his SKILLS are capable of in the area of passing and assists. Like Wilt did that one year he put his mind to it to lead the league in assists. Everyone jocks LeBron for his passing skills. Now Kobe and Nash have come up with an offense to drive other teams crazy. The failed assists from Kobe having to pass earlier in Dan's stupid, inflexible offense (for this roster) to guys out beyond the perimeter mostly to miss those long range shots, leading to fast breaks.

Now with the cutting and ball movement and spacing being created, with Kobe focussed on assists first and scoring as needed, IMO we're about to see a Kobe with passing skills right up there with LBJ. Competitive as Kobe is....he's probably working on perfecting the Magic / Nash skills daily now as much or more as keeping his scoring-the-ball skills honed.

No doubt, much as he loves Jerry West, he either heard himself or someone got back to him, what Jerry said a couple of days ago on Max and Marcellus' show. Praising that tough no BS, no fun mindset that Kobe has on the floor as opposed to Dwight's acknowledged different personality, because that's the way HE played. But then he said (paraphrasing) he always wished one day Kobe would decide to lead the league in ASSISTS.
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:28 am

JLaker17 wrote:Kobe played great, its really weird going minutes without him scoring though. Whatever it takes to win!

It's pretty trippy, and I'm also a bit concerned about him finding his balance between the Magic Mamba and the Black Mamba. It's a little out of his character to do this, but I'm cool with it if it's working. He does need some shooting rhythm at the end of the games however. Whatever works, though. We need to win 2/3 of our games from here on out. Get 'er done Kobe.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 am

Lakerjones wrote:
JLaker17 wrote:Kobe played great, its really weird going minutes without him scoring though. Whatever it takes to win!

It's pretty trippy, and I'm also a bit concerned about him finding his balance between the Magic Mamba and the Black Mamba. It's a little out of his character to do this, but I'm cool with it if it's working. He does need some shooting rhythm at the end of the games however. Whatever works, though. We need to win 2/3 of our games from here on out. Get 'er done Kobe.

Yeah, Magic would find ways to take over late in games and get himself going. I think what he has to do is when he comes back in the fourth, go to the basket and instead of passing try to get a layup/dunk/foul and just get some flow going on your offense.

What he's doing now though... It's seriously incredible. It's one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen. I don't know if he can keep this going, but this is amazing. How one of the most prolific scorers in the history of the game can all of a sudden just stop being that guy and start being Magic Johnson? How does Michael Jordan go from Jordan to Magic?

If he can keep this up (I think he can), this could go down as the most incredible feat he's accomplished as a player. And if he does this AND we make the playoffs? I don't know how he can't get some MVP votes.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:41 am

therealdeal wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:

Yeah, Magic would find ways to take over late in games and get himself going. I think what he has to do is when he comes back in the fourth, go to the basket and instead of passing try to get a layup/dunk/foul and just get some flow going on your offense.

What he's doing now though... It's seriously incredible. It's one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen. I don't know if he can keep this going, but this is amazing. How one of the most prolific scorers in the history of the game can all of a sudden just stop being that guy and start being Magic Johnson? How does Michael Jordan go from Jordan to Magic?

If he can keep this up (I think he can), this could go down as the most incredible feat he's accomplished as a player. And if he does this AND we make the playoffs? I don't know how he can't get some MVP votes.

I completely agree with you on all points, realdeal. It really is mind-blowing that he can just do this. It goes a long way too in supporting my feeling that Kobe is the most complete offensive player that I've ever seen in 35 years of watching pro basketball.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 am

Agreed.

I mean can you imagine say Durant doing this? or maybe LeBron scoring 40 points a night 4 games in a row (well he could probably do it, but it's not his style).

It's something rare to see a guy who not only wants to do something like this, but has the ability to. And it's not even as if it's a tough game for him, this is easy. What he's doing isn't that hard and he's not working that hard for it. He's not trying to take guys off the dribble all game long. He's not trying to get to the basket with 3 guys draped on him. He's just easily probing and working the post. It's so simple that teams can't seem to answer it.

And the Pelicans tried! They started doubling him and it didn't matter :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:55 am

^^ Yeah so far he says it's making things easier for him on the court. Very cool. No, Durant is one of the most remarkable scorers I've ever seen, and Lebron is probably the most imposing superhuman athlete I've seen on the court. But Lebron doesn't have the complete basketball skills of Kobe. But who does? No one I've ever witnessed. Kobe is a monster.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:56 am

Everbody plays more intense at home i wonder if this facilitating thing would work on the road when Pau and Howard fumbling the ball out of bounds and MWP/Jamison are not knocing down their 3s. Glad hes facilitating hope he doesnt put the ball in non-Nash players' hands late in the shot clock. THats not ideal

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby S.R.05 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:00 am

i like when people try to marginalize when kobe goes through stretches like this by saying he's only passing it like that as a conscious effort/response to critics calling him a ballhog, he totally doesn't want to pass the ball etc

so what they're saying is that whenever he wants he can go back and forth between the best scorer and the best playmaker in the league? and that's a bad thing?
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby gcclaker on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:21 pm

Being as it may that 24 will ALWAYS be measured up to His Airness...Bryant's current mantra of facilitating is something Jordan NEVER wanted. There was a spate of games that Jordan was used at the point where he did average over ten assists whereupon he expressed displeasure over it afterwards.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Center Court on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:34 pm

after all that Kobe has been though in his illustrious NBA, the peaks the valleys, and everything in between, he;s always been the most dominant scorer. All the rings, stats, records, etc back his legacy up. His scoring prowess is what got him his rings.

At the lowest point in his career, Kobe dug deep into his basketball soul and found himself in a place he;s never been. His answer was to do something he has never done... playmaker before scorer. Wouldn't it be something to see a crazy run into the finals led by this Kobe? Doing all the things everybody said he couldn't or wouldn't?

I ahve to believe that Kobe is trying to reinvent himself to do something that people said and say was impossible.
Center Court

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion