Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby lakersyunowin on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:58 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

robert sacre, i was expecting more from you man...
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
User avatar
lakersyunowin

 
Posts: 10388
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:19 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:59 am

^I like how Pau keeps bowing over and over in the far right of the frame.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 3095
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby Legendary on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:01 am

With Kobe's Technical situation, how comical is it now to watch him after he gets hacked with no call? He knows he can't risk getting any more T's, so now he just stands there and stares at the refs.

I laugh every time, because you know he wants to go berserk. :man10: :man10:
User avatar
Legendary

 
Posts: 8815
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:55 pm
Location: Temple of DOOM

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:12 am

I sometimes blame him for not attacking the rim more but Kobe apparently didn't check the " getting obvious fouls called as a superstar in this league at home" option on David Stern list this season ... again
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:26 am

looked like sacre didnt even see the dunk. he was talking to someone on the ground next to the bench. if only he saw bc im sure that gif would be unreal.
Image
User avatar
Ariza3

 
Posts: 4695
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:28 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby funkychunky on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:46 am

Which was the better dunk...
Tonight against Josh Smith or @Brooklyn over Gerald Wallace & Kris Humphries?

I am conflicted lol
User avatar
funkychunky

 
Posts: 842
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:20 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:27 am

:man1:
"There's a reason why he's the best player in the game," Horford said of Bryant. "He did what he usually does, and we didn't do a good enough job on him. It's disappointing. We thought we worked hard and put ourselves in a position to win. We just had too many mistakes down the stretch."
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6335
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby Murdock on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:35 am

Kobe8Fan wrote:
Murdock wrote:The problem i see with Kobe and the reason you see two distinctive modes is tha Kobe can't play well balanced game ... it's either Kobe-shooting mode or Kobe-passing mode nothing in between ... sometimes you see him shoot over 3 people instead of making right basketball play and pass ... and sometimes you see him over passing instead of making right basketball play by shooting the ball ...

and this indirectly leads to off the ball player movement ... JVG commented it best in one game - it's all about making right basketball play at the right time ... and Kobe hasn't been doing that in the past 3 years IMO

I'd say Kobe has been doing that for 16 years. Probably a little more worse since '05 as being the man on the team. The past several games, he finally knows how to balance between scoring and moving the ball.


not in my opinion ... when he played in the triangle it forced him to make right plays because its read and react offense ... but ever since he has been more ball dominant it's one or the other for the most part ... and it started showing in his last year under phil IMO ...


puffyusaf#2 wrote:I am surprised to see you post. That being said, how do you say he isn't playing a balanced game? Isn't his stats 27/6/6 or something like that? He sat for 8 minutes in the second quarter and we fed Dwight over and over and over again and he missed, missed, missed, missed some more. Our aggressiveness failed us. Kobe comes back in and we right the ship and all of a sudden we extend our lead from 4 to 7 by half time. Even the greatest to ever touch a basketball (The King) makes bad plays or the wrong choice yet only Kobe gets criticized for not having balance. That doesn't make much sense to me.


balanced game isn't about stats or number of points vs number of assists ... as I mentioned it's about making right basketball play at the right time which Kobe has never been too known for (triangle compensated for that IMO) ...

the thing about balance is it is achieven over long period of time and what have we seen in this season? Kobe mode - Passer mode - and Kobe mode again as of now ... what you can see in LeBron is playing balanced game throughout the year ...

and if you watch Kobe playing its a scoring mentality from the start or passing mentality from the start ... but you never see the middle IMO and he says so himself ... which in the end results for him making bad basketball-wise plays no matter the result ... for example if Kobe shoots over 3 people and makes instead of passing ball to a wide open player (I am not saying it happened in recent time but in the past and this is just an example of what I am trying to say so don't take it as s hate) ... what is the right basketball play? - to pass right? (if you disagree then this is debate is over) however Kobe more times than not would decide to shoot ... and THAT is a balanaced game ... making right basketball plays during a game - this however doesn't have to appear in the stat sheet since it can be a hockey pass in the end or a missed shot but still it is a right basketball play ...

that is why IMO people and myself included prefer over-passing (Kobe-passing mode) over Kobe-mamba mode (or whatever you wanna call it)
User avatar
Murdock

 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 am

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:18 am

He's playing fine to me, passing when needed and scoring when needed. Seems like it's working and we're winning. He had 7 assists like game right around what LeBron and others usually get so it's perfectly fine to me.

Also passing more doesn't not equal "balance"or "better". I don't see LeBron and others mainly "passing" I don't know why people are so obsessed with seeing Kobe assist so much. I don't see this with other players they just play their game and if they win get praise for it. WE'RE WINNING GAMES, that's most important. Also we have won 2 of the last 5 titles with Kobe playing with whatever approach, it's fine.
Last edited by Jazzygirl205 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6335
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:21 am

Kobe following Chandler Parsons on Twitter .. deal ? :man1:
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:40 am

It was clear about halfway through the third quarter Sunday night against Atlanta Kobe Bryant was either going to win or lose the game for the Lakers.
Watching him in the context of this season, playing very well with his team still not in the Western Conference’s top eight, is fascinating. His intensity is off the charts. Not just on the dunk he threw down over Josh Smith with just over two minutes remaining in the fourth quarter that nearly broke Twitter and prompted what was without question the most raucous response seen at Staples Center this season (for a Lakers game, at least). After hitting a deep triple to close out the third quarter, the guy slapped himself so hard across the chest, spit and drool were flying out of his mouth like some sort of wild dog.
Watch. It’s almost hypnotic, the string of saliva swaying back and forth.
And there was this. And this. Both via the Twitter feed of ESPNLA’s Beto Duran… after the game.
He certainly didn’t expect to be in this position, with the Lakers on the outside looking in, but he’ll get them into the postseason or die trying. And so the narrative following Sunday’s narrow and critical and fortunate 99-98 win is rightly all about Bryant. His dunk was spectacular, but the shot he made two minutes later putting the Lakers up one was more impressive. Game on the line, Bryant drove around Al Horford off the right wing, then absorbed contact from Smith — a decent leaper, I hear — and finished off the glass.
“That,” Mike D’Antoni said after with a hint of understatement, “is not easy. That’s why he gets the big bucks.”
The highlights posted by Kobe down the stretch were electric, reflecting the sort of iron will for which he’s famous. But the narrative of Bryant’s turn-back-the-clock night on what has in many ways been a turn-back-the-clock season would have been much different had that last shot over Smith rimmed out. It may have come with a heap of spectacular (the dunk, the 3-pointer capping the third quarter, etc.) but before the game winner, Bryant was 6-15 in the second half and had basically turned things into a mano-y-mano affair between himself and the five manos in Atlanta uniforms. Had that last shot not fallen, people would still be talking about the dunk, but they’d also note how Kobe took every shot but one over the final four minutes and generally monopolized the rock down the stretch on a night where Steve Nash was having enormous success working his way through the Atlanta defense.
The point here isn’t to call Bryant a ball hog, or suggest he’s putting personal glory above team success. Speaking of narratives, those are lazy ones that ought to die. Everything Bryant does, from the way he pokes teammates to the “Magic Kobe” transformation, is motivated by winning games. Sometimes the path he chooses to get there isn’t ideal, but we know this already. Sunday’s effort was everything people love and hate about Bryant, with all the angst and joy on nearly every trip down the floor, and he absolutely, positively came out on top.
In incredible form, no less.
Instead, what struck me was the incredibly narrow margin separating stories vastly totally different in focus and tone. If that last shot over Smith doesn’t drop, the conversation about Bryant is completely different Monday morning. The dunk is still huge, but comes with a boatload of “Yeah, but…”. Sports radio spends the day questioning chemistry and counting field goal attempts. If Smith doesn’t fumble the ball on Atlanta’s final possession, the Lakers go from gritty victors to choke artists who blew a 16-point third quarter lead, severely denting their postseason hopes in the process.
All over one point in a game featuring nearly 200 of them. This is the line the Lakers and Bryant (and certainly Dwight Howard) are currently walking, and it’s still not clear on which side they’ll land, insofar as the playoff chase is concerned, at least. I
Kind of appropriate for a night where the Lakers finally get back to .500.


http://landolakers.com/2013/03/04/kobe-bryant-hits-game-winner-vs-hawks/
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6418
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby karacha on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:54 am

Slobbering Kobe. Someone please make a .gif.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37437
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:58 am

Not slobbering Kobe, but here are some nice gifs.

Image

Image
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
User avatar
Magic Skywalker

 
Posts: 1218
Joined: Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby karacha on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:22 am

Nice. :bow:
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
User avatar
karacha
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 37437
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:20 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby kenzo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:37 am

Image
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5935
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby JGC on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:22 am

Murdock wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I am surprised to see you post. That being said, how do you say he isn't playing a balanced game? Isn't his stats 27/6/6 or something like that? He sat for 8 minutes in the second quarter and we fed Dwight over and over and over again and he missed, missed, missed, missed some more. Our aggressiveness failed us. Kobe comes back in and we right the ship and all of a sudden we extend our lead from 4 to 7 by half time. Even the greatest to ever touch a basketball (The King) makes bad plays or the wrong choice yet only Kobe gets criticized for not having balance. That doesn't make much sense to me.


balanced game isn't about stats or number of points vs number of assists ... as I mentioned it's about making right basketball play at the right time which Kobe has never been too known for (triangle compensated for that IMO) ...

the thing about balance is it is achieven over long period of time and what have we seen in this season? Kobe mode - Passer mode - and Kobe mode again as of now ... what you can see in LeBron is playing balanced game throughout the year ...

and if you watch Kobe playing its a scoring mentality from the start or passing mentality from the start ... but you never see the middle IMO and he says so himself ... which in the end results for him making bad basketball-wise plays no matter the result ... for example if Kobe shoots over 3 people and makes instead of passing ball to a wide open player (I am not saying it happened in recent time but in the past and this is just an example of what I am trying to say so don't take it as s hate) ... what is the right basketball play? - to pass right? (if you disagree then this is debate is over) however Kobe more times than not would decide to shoot ... and THAT is a balanaced game ... making right basketball plays during a game - this however doesn't have to appear in the stat sheet since it can be a hockey pass in the end or a missed shot but still it is a right basketball play ...

that is why IMO people and myself included prefer over-passing (Kobe-passing mode) over Kobe-mamba mode (or whatever you wanna call it)


Agree with a lot of what you wrote, particularly regarding your explanation of balance.

I wanted to also add that a lot of people will bring up stats and say he got X assists isn't that balance? For me, balance isn't necessarily getting X points and Y assists. You can play an unbalanced game and get 5 assists. You can play a balanced game and get 5 assists. The difference is in whether or not the assists were attained through the clear intent of creating a play for a teammate. Sometimes, assists are accrued when a player dribbles for 12 seconds on the clock, picks up his dribble, pump fakes a few times, realizes he cannot get a shot off and heaves a desperation pass across the court to a player who has 1 second to get a shot off and makes it. So assist totals can be used to make the argument a player plays with balance, but those types of assists shouldn't count.

Overall, specifically against the Hawks, I thought Kobe played a pretty good game. His individual offense was awesome. He didn't facilitate as much as I would like, and I thought there were a lot of isolation plays overall across the board (not just Kobe) in non-transition plays. Way too many plays that started out with Kobe 'dancing' which is both exciting and irritating at the same time. Still the obvious hero for that game for me though.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby Biz on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:08 am

kenzo wrote:[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8530/8526183709_ffb6f11511_o.gif[img]


:man10:
Biz

 
Posts: 3508
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:42 am

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby last stand on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:24 am

What did Jeff van gundy say? An attacking Kobe is a dangerous Kobe. That passing bs was so unnatural. That's Nash and rondos game. Kobe is kobe, history's deadliest scorer. His job is to score.

Jeff van gundy nailed it, why isn't he our coach again?
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7496
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby sina on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:36 am

I don't know I'm a lakers' fan, or a Kobe's fan...anyway, I'm quite lucky to be a basketball games lover in Kobe era.
sina

 
Posts: 408
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:34 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby kobe_008 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:51 am

haters gonna hate
try to explain things and pretend they know a lot
but the last 2mins of the game showed em and it hurts from a hater stand point
it hurts when u cant cheer because all you can do is whine :man13:

Kobe ISOs are not Kobes fault
Nash could have taken the ball and the directed the play.
but he didnt cause he knows kobe will deliver
kobe_008

 
Posts: 453
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:10 am

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:18 am

:man10:

Aaaaaaaaaand Kobe shoots too much is back.

The Lakers in 2009 and 2010 understood so much better about when to move and cut when Kobe is moving and attacking. He doesn't actively NOT pass the ball over triple teams when there's a better play to be made. If he attacks and Earl Clark cuts or Nash's man doubles him, he moves the ball to those two because Nash is wide open for a three and Earl is attacking the basket.

But when he attacks and his teammates don't move, then it's his RESPONSIBILITY to take the shots.

Not to mention, if you actually watched the game Atlanta made the decision to switch on picks and to try to play Kobe one-on-one. If Kobe is EVER single covered I want and expect him to take the shot and to make it. If he attacks the rim like he did last night I don't care if he misses that layup because Dwight Howard is now free under the basket to get the rebound and dunk it home.

It's easy to come in and say "Oh Kobe monopolized the ball." Well no s***. The defense demanded that he do that. If he were getting double teamed do you honestly think he would still not pass the ball? Because I specifically remember him finding Nash every time the double comes.

It's just so easy to say things without thinking about them.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 39830
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:37 am

haha it s so funny but also a little sad even when kobe does the right things some haters come out critisize him for not passing enough or just other dumb s.. . man haters get that kobe was single coverage so he did what he had to do take the defender one on one and attack him . he did all the right things at the end of the game and yet he gets critisize for it. what te f... is going on in laker land :mad1: i d rather see kobe go one on one then a hoist up long ball by mwp for example. without kobe lakers would have lost that game. so thanks mamba for the rescue again :jam2:
kobebryant248

 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby TIME on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:20 am

therealdeal wrote::man10:

Aaaaaaaaaand Kobe shoots too much is back.



Oh, how I missed those complaints. :soapbox:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9407
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: drooling for a win

Postby The Rock on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:33 am

I cant believe you guys still try to argue with those Kobe haters who nitpick everything, we know what their agenda is. Why even bother discussing things with them lol same type of people who were criticising him during our 3 peat (won because of Shaq), 09 Finals (43% FG) and '10 Finals (6 for 24 FG in Game 7). Some people just cant stand him, I dont think these guys are even Laker fans. We are a great franchise because of Kobe, if you dont like the catalyst of those championships (the most in the NBA during his tenue) what even makes you a genuine Laker fan, seriously.

I know its fun and thats why we have a forum but some of these people are just ridiculous with the arguments they make & the extent they go to make him look bad, I just laugh it off :man10:
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19980
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Kobe Discussion: drooling for a win

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:02 pm

Kobe had to dominate last night because he was being guarded by Josh Smith. A SG on a PF, excuse me if I'm wrong, but it's always the theme when a big is switched out onto a small, they go at them and that's what Kobe did.

We didn't almost lose because of Kobe, we were up 16 because of that offense, we got into a grind it out game because we had 21 TO's that turned into 24 fast break points and played absolutely stupid like we always do when we have a lead.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19414
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.