Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Legendary on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:01 am

Check out John Legend in the background at 0:36. :man10:

Legendary

Postby LakerLegacy24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:28 am

^LOL at Antawn! he's like "OH s***!" And deezam how is Kobe still just blowing by people like this at 34? Dude's just simply amazing!
"Kobe Bryant, we are not worthy of your greatness." -Rick Kamla
LakerLegacy24

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:29 am

that dunk was unreal. john legend was going nuts in the stands lol! seriously for a guy at his age and a sprain elbow....wow. totally should have been an and-1...it would have been for blake, kd, or lbj no doubt.

hes playing good team ball and doing things like passing and rebounding more than he has in years...but i am worried about his fg%. ill take a win no matter what at this point but he started the season shooting red hot and is now having a lot of 20+ point 8-20+ like games. not too efficient considering hes not going to the line. just hope he fixes that but still keeps the style of play hes having. not hating just the only thing i would hope hes improve as of late
Ariza3

Postby Finwë on Wed Feb 06, 2013 1:30 am

LMAO @ John Legend.

Oh man that dunk was just so good. That phantom cam is awesome
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby lakersyunowin on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:13 am

that dunk was insanely good. that place was BUZZING (and it's not even our court lol)
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:49 am

Legendary wrote:Check out John Legend in the background at 0:36. :man10:

That's just sick, the slow mo, the music, and the ability to see everyone's facial expressions in the crowd :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Calilaker on Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:05 am

:lol: Wallace and Humphrey didn't know they were going to end up high fiving each other. This is my new favorite Kobe dunks, just explosive!
Calilaker

Postby KB24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:13 am

my man crush for Kobe cannot be explained...without me substantiating the suspicion of being homo.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby BDG on Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:49 am

That dunk was unreal.

Between that one and the Chris Paul facial earlier this season, I can't remember the last time I've got out of my chair like that for a Kobe dunk (Okafor facial aside).

He's been sacrificing stats to give others confidence right now and it's paying off.

PS that Phantom cam is sick.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:17 am

What a dunk by Kobe. 17th season! :bow:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:25 am

:man10: :man10:

Look at everybody! John Legend, Antawn, I love how Earl Clark is clenching his fists, there's a dude to the right of John Legend making a "ooooooohhhh" face that dunk was just NASTY!
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby trodgers on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:20 am

LakerLegacy24 wrote:^LOL at Antawn! he's like "OH s***!" And deezam how is Kobe still just blowing by people like this at 34? Dude's just simply amazing!

Yeah, his reaction was pretty awesome, too.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KB24 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:44 am

But with that said, it seems like his range is officially gone.

the past few seasons his 3ball is literally cringe-worthy.

he has now made like 1 of his last 25 threes or so. Its particularly annoying because he takes almost 6 threes a game. His average is down to 33% now, below average and trending downward.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby The Original 81 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:26 am

I was at the game with my girlfriend, my brothers, and some friends, about 11 people in total. The building went NUTS, I've never seen a dunk like that in person.

I thought maybe the move to Brooklyn would've meant more Nets fans and less Lakers fans, but man there were so many people there representing the P&G, I would say the crowd was split right down the middle, or very close to it. Lakers got a louder cheer than the Nets when they came out of the locker room, and Kobe's introduction was louder than any Nets player.

There were even chants of defense when the Nets were on offense! I love being a Lakers fan.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby abeer3 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:39 am

KB24 wrote:But with that said, it seems like his range is officially gone.

the past few seasons his 3ball is literally cringe-worthy.

he has now made like 1 of his last 25 threes or so. Its particularly annoying because he takes almost 6 threes a game. His average is down to 33% now, below average and trending downward.

i read after the game that his elbow has been hurting him. i'm guessing it started a few weeks ago. his shot is just broken right now, and i knew he was injured. it looked great early in the season, and it's not like he just forgot how to shoot at game 35 or something.
abeer3

Postby John3:16 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:18 am

From ESPN Daily Dime:

Kobe Bryant on Dwight Howards injury: "I don't think he's ever had to play through injuries in his career. I think it's a new experience for him."

ESPN Writer: "The message was clear: suck it up."
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:25 am

John3:16 wrote:From ESPN Daily Dime:

Kobe Bryant on Dwight Howards injury: "I don't think he's ever had to play through injuries in his career. I think it's a new experience for him."

ESPN trying to start stuff again. Kobe basically said Dwight has to find what he can play with and how to manage it because he has never been injured in his career where he could still possibly play.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:30 am

Filthy, dirty, nasty, disgusting...that poster throwdown was BEAST! Crash and Kardash got laid the F out.
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby John3:16 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:37 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:ESPN trying to start stuff again. Kobe basically said Dwight has to find what he can play with and how to manage it because he has never been injured in his career where he could still possibly play.

It's what they do. Kobe / Shaq earned them tons of money. They'd love nothing more then a Kobe / Howard fiasco.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby last stand on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:20 am

ESPN is a sham. Anyone see the story they "created" all by themselves

"sources say jets are considering trading Darrelle revis"

Couple days later

"Darrelle revis angrily responds to trade rumors on twitter unhappy with Front office"

That was literally all because of them.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby checkers09 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:34 am

tweets from last night.

@KevinDing: Kobe was surprised help defense was slow to arrive on his dunk, saying: "Everybody's been drinking that Kobe-pass Kool-Aid."

devin kharpertian ‏@uuords
@marcel_mutoni @GotEm_Coach Let's just say that press row was perhaps less than professional.

devin kharpertian ‏@uuords
Kobe is speaking in the interview room. Kobe gets a podium game ON THE ROAD.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby therealdeal on Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:58 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
John3:16 wrote:From ESPN Daily Dime:

ESPN trying to start stuff again. Kobe basically said Dwight has to find what he can play with and how to manage it because he has never been injured in his career where he could still possibly play.

:man10: at ESPN.

How in the world do you come to that conclusion? All Kobe is saying is that this is new for him. This is new for a guy who's never been banged up before (to this degree). He's going to have to figure this out and that takes time.

What a d***. This is what I'm saying about the media just trying so hard to come between our team. No one wants to see us succeed.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:36 am

Wow that was awesome, Jamison's face was great, John legends face was hilarious. Also looked like Kobe gave a very quick and subtle pass fake to his right to maybe freeze Humphries for a split second that I didn't notice before.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakersin4 on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:49 am

Reading that Kobe had pain shoot up his arm from the elbow injury when he dunked that kinda took away from it for me. Makes me wonder how many more times we'll see plays like that.
lakersin4

Postby khmrP on Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:50 pm

I know it worked last night against Wallace but I would prefer Kobe stop playing that type of D, its forms very bad habits and at times has put the rest of the team in a bad spot trying to recover for him. Not even bothering to guard non shooters can only work so often, it was a big reason why we saw consistently no name scrubs light up the score boards and it usaully was Kobe's man.
khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion