Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: frustrated, irritated, aggravated

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 pm

Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:
kobebryant248 wrote:when i say something to defend kobe then some of you guys say i am a kobe homo.

:man10:

I seriously doubt anyone actually called you that in those words.

I KNOW nobody called him out in those words. And that entire post convinces me he's either like 10-12 years old or a troll.

nice. you are a moderator and you saying so bad things over me. wow and by the way i was called a kobe homer several times here. but because you don t like me and you are a moderator here you think you can make jokes of me and say what ever you want over me. good behaviour :freak2:
kobebryant248

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:33 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't understand trying to bring down the fun of this little moment either, as Lajers fans we've had so little fun this season. It doesn't mean anything, no, but it was fun to watch, Lakers fans used to just have fun with stuff like this and get enjoyment out of it for our players, even a meaningless moment. I also agree that there's way too much LeBron talk going on in the Kobe thread, we should start to steer it back on topic.

Well there has always been fans that have this love hate relationship with Kobe, anything other Kobe they cling to and hang on to try and mask their concealed disdain for the guy. Most of the time it goes beyond critiquing his game on the court which is warranted when he plays like crap, as any other player. It then steers into off topic land. I don't know how people can hate on a man who help bring this organization over the past decade or so 5 championship rings. I didn't have the opportunity to witness Magic, Kareem, and Larry Bird, but what they've contributed to their team I doubt there were any love hate relationships amongst them regarding their fan base. Despite us being Laker fans first, Kobe is still "A LAKER" and I feel as a fan "period" is beyond disrespectful seeing fans demean him, even during championship runs I've seen fans reach in their bag of hate and have to say something. It's irritating because I'd expect on his way out people would feel less inclined to hate the way they do, but it's some strong reasons behind the hatred. I don't think I've seen anything like it. No kind of respect at all.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:35 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:
kobebryant248 wrote:when i say something to defend kobe then some of you guys say i am a kobe homo.

I KNOW nobody called him out in those words. And that entire post convinces me he's either like 10-12 years old or a troll.

nice. you are a moderator and you saying so bad things over me. wow and by the way i was called a kobe homer several times here. but because you don t like me and you are a moderator here you think you can make jokes of me and say what ever you want over me. good behaviour :freak2:

Where in my post did I say I didn't like you, where did I make a joke about you, or where did I say it was ok for others to make fun of you? Your post said you were accused of being a "Kobe HOMO", not a Kobe "homer", if it had we wouldn't be discussing this right now. What I said was because of posts like that you must either be very young, because young people tend to post with a lot of emotion rather than rationality and tend to be over dramatic, or you're a very clever to troll to make people believe your posts can be so ignorant in a lot of ways. Like "Kobe homo", who makes that mistake on accident, come on? Now you're trying to call me out as a mod repeatedly and I'm having a hard time seeing this as anything more than a clever act of someone playing a character, I've been here a long time, I've gotten good at noticing these things.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:38 pm

JGC wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:I have to do a study to see if any superstar player of their franchise was shaded and backhanded as much as Kobe was throughout his career as a Laker, despite the contributions? The effort to hide it these days is sad.

That would probably be a pointless study honestly.

Kobe is probably been the most lauded and appreciated player of all time in terms of pure volume. He's also been the most hated in terms of pure volume.

You can thank the damn interwebs for that!

Not really, I just want to do it to try and prove myself right not to affirm anyone else. Most lauded and appreciate of all time? Like you told me "Stop making stuff up" :man10: I don't understand why people continue comment on things/people they are not partial to, I think it's a waste of time.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:41 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:
Weezy wrote:I don't understand trying to bring down the fun of this little moment either, as Lajers fans we've had so little fun this season. It doesn't mean anything, no, but it was fun to watch, Lakers fans used to just have fun with stuff like this and get enjoyment out of it for our players, even a meaningless moment. I also agree that there's way too much LeBron talk going on in the Kobe thread, we should start to steer it back on topic.

Well there has always been fans that have this love hate relationship with Kobe, anything other Kobe they cling to and hang on to try and mask their concealed disdain for the guy. Most of the time it goes beyond critiquing his game on the court which is warranted when he plays like crap, as any other player. It then steers into off topic land. I don't know how people can hate on a man who help bring this organization over the past decade or so 5 championship rings. I didn't have the opportunity to witness Magic, Kareem, and Larry Bird, but what they've contributed to their team I doubt there were any love hate relationships amongst them regarding their fan base. Despite us being Laker fans first, Kobe is still "A LAKER" and I feel as a fan "period" is beyond disrespectful seeing fans demean him, even during championship runs I've seen fans reach in their bag of hate and have to say something. It's irritating because I'd expect on his way out people would feel less inclined to hate the way they do, but it's some strong reasons behind the hatred. I don't think I've seen anything like it. No kind of respect at all.

I went back and edited/added to my post to further expand on what I was trying to say. I didn't mean Kobe hate really, I just meant not enjoying a fun moment like that but instead complaining about making it bigger than it was, or even making it bigger than it was in a negative way. It was a fun little moment, reminded me of the times it was ok to enjoy one of our guys shutting down one of their guys for all it was worth, or one of our guys dunking on one of theirs, or breaking somebody's ankles, stuff like that. Now if you do it too much you're a hater when really that is just sports, we want our guys to beat their guys and we want to enjoy it, it used to be ok to "hate" (as in sports hate) Bird, Isiah, even Jordan, just because they weren't Lakers. It used to be ok to enjoy tons of pics and videos of these moments, that was what the All-Star game was about, seeing the best guys in the league go at it.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Weezy wrote:
I went back and edited/added to my post to further expand on what I was trying to say. I didn't mean Kobe hate really, I just meant not enjoying a fun moment like that but instead complaining about making it bigger than it was, or even making it bigger than it was in a negative way. It was a fun little moment, reminded me of the times it was ok to enjoy one of our guys shutting down one of their guys for all it was worth, or one of our guys dunking on one of theirs, or breaking somebody's ankles, stuff like that. Now if you do it too much you're a hater when really that is just sports, we want our guys to beat their guys and we want to enjoy it, it used to be ok to "hate" (as in sports hate) Bird, Isiah, even Jordan, just because they weren't Lakers. It used to be ok to enjoy tons of pics and videos of these moments, that was what the All-Star game was about, seeing the best guys in the league go at it.

I understood, you didn't have to edited anything, I just wanted to rant some more to be honest. I agree 100% Somehow some way people came and made something out of nothing. I think sometimes people take the fun out of sports. But this thread has lost luster.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Herm24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:14 pm

Camera angle view ... Pretty cool .. Kobe said afterwards that Lebron said he fouled him .. There's no foul whatsoever .. You can see it clearly from this angle .. Lebron just got his ish thrown

Herm24

Postby jlkr on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:15 pm

So Pippen didn't play defense on Kobe? Remember Pippen was in his 30's by that time. The younger Pippen controlled the heck out of Magic in the '91 Finals. But I guess the young whippersnappers don't remember that.

Lebron would have been just as good in the 80's. As a point of contrast, I offer Alex English: he was a skinny guy who played against the physical defenses of the 80's and scored more points in that decade than any other player. Extraordinarily effective mid-range scorer with no 3pt range. Used to drive me crazy whenever the Lakers played Denver back then, I'd be screaming, can't anybody guard him? Cooper couldn't, that's for sure. Jordan did clean up too, then. No reason to think Lebron couldn't either.

And now back to Kobe ... it's nearing sunset for him. Treasure the moments, they won't last.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:18 pm

Weezy wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:

Political correctness run amok.... even here. The opponents are probably very nice people and that's just not becoming of you.
LTLakerFan

Postby lakersin4 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:24 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:

Kobe homer just means you're a bigger Kobe fan than a Lakers fan. There's no homo reference at all. It seems you're getting offended over miscommunication..
lakersin4

Postby Jellincon on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:34 pm

I don't care if it was in the all star game. Seeing Lebron get shut down by Kobe when he was TRYING to score was funny and fun to watch. :man10: No way in hell do I believe any superstar wants to get embarrassed liked that on national TV no matter the magnitude of the game. At the end of the day these guys still have huge egos and lots of pride.
Jellincon

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:36 pm

And the West has been kicking their BLEEPS :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
LTLakerFan

Postby MC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:39 pm

lakerzkb8 wrote:
MC wrote:
If LBJ played in the late 80s or early 90s he'd be nothing more than the biggest school girl in the yard........ the refs allowed Bryant to be a bit more physical than the Queen is used too....... Bryant gave him a little bit of the old school treatment and LBJ had a little pout going on.

Jordan would have owned the Queen and owned him bad back when you were allowed to hand check and get physical ....... he would have never allowed the space for LBJ to get moving and explode.

Lebron would dominate in any era. Hes too physically gifted. He gets blocked a couple times in a friggin all star game and people are saying he wouldnt be effective in the 80s/90s. Im starting to take a back seat and look at the NBA more objectively and its pretty hilarious whats fans say at times. :man10: :man10:.

The game really is changing. Athleticism is so key now. Those 6'8-6'10 Lebron/KD like players is the next generation and what kids will be watching growing up as a model of success if their growing to that height.

On a side note. MJ was only hating on Lebron because hes the biggest threat to his GOAT status. Kobes a diet MJ. Lebron is a once in a generation talent with his size speed, strength, and how he plays. He'll fall short because MJ's acheivements were impeccable with little failure. It only took about 10 years for MJs untouchable GOAT status to slowly start fading away. Thats sports though.

Is that you ESPN?

Not sure how old you are but if you watched basketball in the 80s and early 90s you would realize the rules have changed quite a bit as far as how physical a player can be out in the perimeter. These rules are tailored made for LBJ to do what he does with that size and athleticism, in the 80s he wouldn't get free space to gain momentum and just explode to the hoop like he does today which he still needs to use that frame and speed...... not saying he wouldn't be a very, very good player but he can't even dominate like Jordan did in a league that doesn't allow you to breath on a guy out in the perimeter or with any real centers...what makes you think he would fair that much better in those days where 2 way Centers existed and guys could actually take away a guys space out on the perimeter without the refs intervening. Jordan would be crazy scary playing with today's rules out on the perimeter where guys can't hand check or place that forearm on the inside riding the hip (like Bryant was doing at times last night in those final moments).

LBJ is great, but if you actually think Jordan wouldn't have been able to D up LBJ or somehow LBJ would have stopped Jordan from getting those titles you are living in an ESPN colored world drinking as much of that kool-aid as you can.

Bryant gave him a little bit of the old school yesterday and not one smile from LBJ during it..... he was trying, they both heard the talk all week and Bryant showed what will and killer determination can do even to the "greatness" that is James.

In the end it was an all-star game.... can't take too much from it but I still would have liked to see these 2 go at it in the finals to settle it once and for all...... even at 34 I wouldn't bet against Bryant if he had a team good enough to get there.
Last edited by MC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:45 pm

So when arguing about KB vs MJ do you guys think people will no longer use who had the most help and other constantly used things to place Kobe over Jordan, since Jordan has now become an irrelevant, jealous old man who wasn't all of that, who's era anyone could play in? It's a change or events in the basketball analysis world since some years ago, reading social media.
Jazzygirl205

Whooot Whooot Whooot!! Gif Needed

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:47 pm

Hey speaking of great moments for a guy this many years into all star performances..... we really need a regular motion and clean slo mo of Kobe's crossover on whoever that was..... :man4: :man4: :man4: The height and side movement and velocity of the ball crossing was insane. :bow: :bow: :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby borri on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:50 pm

Kobe's career in a nutshell:

When he retires, many Laker fans will be saddened while many will be sad but secretly elated.
borri

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:52 pm

Kobe never got truly appreciated, he wanted to chase Jordan and people always compared him against that rhetoric but never truly recognized him for the great player he was. I think he'll always be known as the guy that fell short on trying to take Mike's throne

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby jlkr on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:54 pm

Lebron would have cleaned up in the 80's. And that's all I got to say on that. Yeah they played physical then, but they also scored more, fast broke more, they didn't play transition defense then like they do now (that's how the Lakers ran everyone out of the gym), they had better team fundamentals on offense then, all that plays to Lebron's strengths. I remember attending one game where the Lakers had 47 in the first, 89 at the half. No one gets 89 in a half now... Yeah defense was physical, but just how hard was it emphasized? Definitely not for 48 minutes, that is something that only came in with the Detroit Bad Boys teams and then with the Chicago title teams. Lebron would have thrived, no doubt about it.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
jlkr

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:57 pm

^^^ Counterpoint, I think the league as whole was more talented in the 80s, players overall had better fundamentals and overall could shoot better than players today. Obviously that doesn't account for all the inflated scoring, but I think it accounts for some at least. Games I've watched from the 80s guys could flat out shoot, they weren't just in the league because they were tall and athletic like today. But again, this is the KOBE thread, maybe this should be taken to the LeBron thread.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby MC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:04 pm

^
I'm not saying LBJ wouldn't thrive but he wouldn't be the best IMO..... his game is way too much size and explosion and not enough pure fundamentals as it relates to footwork and angles. He's a gifted passer though and would match up to even the Birds and Magics of the world no doubt.

We can sit here and debate this but really it would be taking away from Bryant in his own thread but you name the pros of todays games like there are no negatives that would have worked against Lebron?.....

example, where did all the legit bigs go? they had them back then.....where are they now? you think maybe a Ewing, Alonzo, Shaq (a bit later) of the worlds wouldn't have made it touch more difficult compared to centers in today's games? Not sure those guys just step out of the way so LBJ can have an ESPN moment like he is afforded in today's game where no real centers exist..... there are things that work tremendously to LBJs favor that wouldn't be afforded to him back in the day.......... transition ball wouldn't make up for that.

As far as Showtime goes......... Their ability to run the ball threw Cap (another one of those great centers that don't exist today) is what made them what they were when the games slowed down and got chippy against the likes of Boston and Detroit.... not the pretty transition ball everyone likes to remember them for..... just saying
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby trodgers on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:
Weezy wrote:
JGC wrote:

Can't stand this.

Option 1: Flag the thread. Have us examine it. You can't believe that we'll simply stick together and gang up against you just because someone has "moderator" written by their name. That's not how this site goes. We make mistakes, we fess up.
Option 2: Just stop posting here.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:20 pm

wow.. I didn't get to see the allstar game but I did just read every post in this thread for the last 7 pages.

A couple of points:

1. For those saying Lebron doesn't try: I say, WTF are you talking about? If Lebron is anything, and I mean anything, like the greats of MJ, Kobe, Magic etc then every game he wants to win and every challenge he wants to dominate. It isn't like it was some rookie or journeyman like Earl Clark coming out and D'ing him up, no, it was Kobe Bryant. Lebron cared, period.

2. Neither Kobe nor Lebron needs other to be hyped up or knocked down to make them look good. LBJ is a great player and has earned his fame (maybe not as much as ESPN is giving but a great deal anyway). Kobe is still one of the best in the game today and has been easily the best in basketball for over a decade. Their talents stand on their own merrit plain and simple.

3. Stop feeding the damn troll.

4, For those who don't care about the Allstar game: Don't comment on it. It really is that simple. Everyone knows that the final 5 minutes (or entire 4th in some cases) of the All Star game matters to everyone on the floor. That is when the "D" happens and you see the best of the best go at it. Today's best in the game got schooled by yesterdays best in the game.

5. I am going to be sad to see Kobe call it a career.

6. I really think that those who say Lebron could thrive in the 80's never watched 80's ball. I am not trying to insult anyone but the fouls that LBJ gets today that he finishes on a regular basis aren't even "touch" fouls in the 80's. LBJ hasn't shown me that he can play when guys beat him up. Others might say he has shown but I haven't seen it. LBJ has the size, speed and athleticism to play in any era but so did Brian Bosworth when he went into the NFL. Yes, he got hit by Bo Jackson and "The Boz" wasn't a bad man no more. No one knows for sure if LBJ or any of the guys from this era could really deal with the rules of the 80's. In my opinion, I don't see it.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby seasonVet24 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Herm24 wrote:Camera angle view ... Pretty cool .. Kobe said afterwards that Lebron said he fouled him .. There's no foul whatsoever .. You can see it clearly from this angle .. Lebron just got his ish thrown

I'm awfully curious what ZBO said to Kobe after the block, when he was walking toward the bench :bow:
seasonVet24

Postby borri on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:23 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:6. I really think that those who say Lebron could thrive in the 80's never watched 80's ball. I am not trying to insult anyone but the fouls that LBJ gets today that he finishes on a regular basis aren't even "touch" fouls in the 80's. LBJ hasn't shown me that he can play when guys beat him up. Others might say he has shown but I haven't seen it. LBJ has the size, speed and athleticism to play in any era but so did Brian Bosworth when he went into the NFL. Yes, he got hit by Bo Jackson and "The Boz" wasn't a bad man no more. No one knows for sure if LBJ or any of the guys from this era could really deal with the rules of the 80's. In my opinion, I don't see it.

This. And then some.

Now let's talk about Kobe.
borri

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:36 pm

Props to Kobe for this

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/mvt-most-valuable-tweeters/201302/kobe-zinged-nba-hilarious-tweet
Bitter much, Kobe?

The Los Angeles Lakers star and his team are in the midst of a rough year, and with a record of 25-29, they are performing well below most reasonable pre-season expectations.

Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Clippers are surging, and their 39-17 mark is good enough for first place in the Pacific Division. So what might have happened if the catalyst behind the Clippers' excellent play, All-Star point guard Chris Paul, been traded to the other Los Angeles team?

As many people remember, last year Paul was all set to play for the Lakers when NBA Commissioner David Stern suddenly vetoed the trade. Paul was instead dealt to the Clippers, and the rest is history.

Paul and Bryant do get to be teammates every February at the NBA All-Star Game, and when they play together, it's tough not to think of what could have been had the two superstars been teammates. That thought may have been on Bryant's mind when he tweeted a photo of his daughter playing with Paul's son during All-Star Weekend in Houston.

"At least lil @CP3 and baby Mamba can play together NBA can't veto this one Ha!", Kobe wrote.

Zing!

Bryant's biting diss got more than 16,000 re-tweets. Unfortunately for him, that's not enough to overturn the NBA's reversal of the trade.

khmrP

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion