Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: He's a Reverse-G G (669)

Postby OX1947 on Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:12 pm

boquilla wrote:john hollinger on kobe 2010 finals mvp-
Everyone remembers the 6-for-24(23points-15rebounds) in Game 7, but what they all forget is how well Bryant played in the first six games of the series. That's why he won Finals MVP despite the stinker in the finale, and that's why he's so far up this list. Bryant averaged 28.6 points per game and took an impressive 60 free throws over the seven games. He also chipped in on the glass, yanking down eight boards a game -- more than any Celtic.

And while he shot poorly in the finale, he made a couple at the end to fuel the Lakers' comeback from a 13-point deficit in the second half. Meanwhile, he did plenty of damage early -- his 30-7-6 in the opener gave L.A. the early series lead.

Yah, the W is the only stat that should matter.
OX1947

Re: Kobe Discussion: Clash of the Titus! (671)

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:20 am

People also fail to remember that Kobe came out in Game FIVE with the intention of putting a dagger into the Celtics' title hopes.

Except none of his teammates came to play. His third quarter was insane in that game. One of the best quarters I've ever seen in a Finals game.

I remember yelling at the TV at Pau, Ron etc. and pleading with the team to just get a damn stop when Kobe was going off. But no one showed up.

I think part of that 6/24 shooting performance was him being gassed from having to do so much in Games 5 and 6 (potential elimination game).

Thankfully his teammates came to play (and were amazing) in those final two games at home and we were able to raise another banner.

:jsm:
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:01 am

^Yes sir. To many times it seems the idea is to discredit or deminish what Kobe has done. The Celtics team was as good as the Lakers team. Kobe put this team on his back and got us where we needed to be. The guy did it all.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LakerFan1235 on Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:14 pm

BDG wrote:People also fail to remember that Kobe came out in Game FIVE with the intention of putting a dagger into the Celtics' title hopes.

Except none of his teammates came to play. His third quarter was insane in that game. One of the best quarters I've ever seen in a Finals game.

I remember yelling at the TV at Pau, Ron etc. and pleading with the team to just get a damn stop when Kobe was going off. But no one showed up.

I think part of that 6/24 shooting performance was him being gassed from having to do so much in Games 5 and 6 (potential elimination game).

Thankfully his teammates came to play (and were amazing) in those final two games at home and we were able to raise another banner.

:jsm:

Oh man what an epic kobe quarter there. Hope this dude comes back healthy :jam2:
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby Ras Algethi on Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Just a ridiculous 3tr qtr by Kobe there. If we played any kind of avg D there, we'd even up the score.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:02 pm

That 1st series with Boston after Garnett and Allen got there......we MAYBE could have won. Would have been bleeping tough. But they come back to L.A. ...Lakers are kicking their butts by around half time and there's Lamar and some others with bleep eating grins on their faces yukking it up like we Got This. Focus lost and the Celtics came back and got that game. Coulda woulda shoulda have been different. But Celts had a beast of a defensive machine with Thibbs to throw at Kobe and Pau. And beat the crap out of the Lakers' squad.
LTLakerFan

Postby XXIV on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:40 pm

We weren't even fully healthy during the playoffs and we still made the finals and took the Celtics to 6 games. At least we got our revenge a couple years later.
XXIV

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:04 am

Kobe had his knee drained twice during the 2010 playoffs ...

He was spectacular from Game 6 against OKC until the Finals .... tough to dominate a great D when both your starting PG and SF are ignored by the opponent D ...
Fortunately both Fish and Ron had some key moments during the Finals ... it still doesn't mean they didn't suck for the most part .

Our "lack of spacing the floor" issues began in 2010
wcsoldier81

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 am

The Original 81 wrote:I must've watched the highlights hundreds of times, I just remember being down 13 and s***ing bricks, thinking how bad it would be to lose to them AGAIN, after the pain of 2008. I thought Kobe had a great game to be honest with you, I don't care what the overall shooting numbers were, all I remember wss his double digit scoring total in the fourth.

being at the game while down 13 felt even worse. it was like almost hell.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:49 pm

Source: Kobe wants another title
Updated: June 14, 2013, 6:36 PM ET
By Ramona Shelburne | ESPNLosAngeles.com
EMAIL
PRINT
Kobe Bryant set off a mild panic among Los Angeles Lakers fans Friday afternoon when he selected "The Last Chapter" as the slogan that best represents his comeback from a ruptured Achilles tendon.

"The Last Chapter" sounds a lot like "The Last Stand," the quote Phil Jackson gave when he decided to return for his final season with the Lakers in 2010-11 and seemed to imply Bryant was thinking of retiring after next season.

Bryant
Far from it, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Friday.

Bryant wants to be "back next season with a vengeance," the source said. And he wants "two more cracks at it to win seven NBA titles at least."

In other words, it's highly unlikely next season will be his last. Bryant and Derek Fisher lead all active players with five NBA titles, although the Spurs' Tim Duncan could tie them if San Antonio beats the Miami Heat in this year's Finals.

Bryant has always publicly maintained that he will play only while he's able to perform at an elite level. Next season is his final one under contract with the Lakers. A source with knowledge of the Lakers' thinking told ESPNLosAngeles.com that the team was planning to open extension talks with Bryant as soon as it was allowed to under NBA rules, which ironically came right after he ruptured his Achilles in a game against Golden State on April 12.

Both sides would love to see Bryant retire as a Laker, sources said. But the Achilles injury complicated the issue, especially the timing of talks about an extension.

It would be difficult for the Lakers to bring Bryant back at his current salary of $30 million a year with the salary-cap restrictions in the new collective bargaining agreement. But the team is determined to treat Bryant well and with the respect befitting his contributions to the franchise during his career, the source said.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Lakers Index. Blog

Bryant is still in the early stages of recovery from his injury, but he is determined to return by the start of next season and be just as good as he was this season, when he averaged 27.3 points on 46.3 percent shooting, 6.0 assists and 5.6 rebounds a game, all higher than his career averages, at the age of 34.

Earlier this month, he told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin that he hopes to play in the Lakers' season opener.

"That's the challenge," Bryant told McMenamin. "With the tendon, there's really only so much you can do. There's a certain amount of time that they deem necessary for the tendon to heal where you don't overstretch it and now you never get that spring back.

"So you just have to be patient, let the tendon heal, and then when that moment comes when they say, 'OK, we can take off the regulator, so to speak, and now it's on you to train as hard as you can to get back to where you want to be,' that's going to be a good day."

That day hasn't come yet, but it's getting close. The closer it gets, the more determined Bryant seems to be growing.

3 more years. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby SK8 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:54 pm

Oh man, this made my day, i can't even describe you how happy i am right now!!! :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby kenzo on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:06 pm

I love it... but he better take a paycut. If not, we're screwed :freak2:
kenzo

Postby The Original 81 on Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:17 pm

lakerfan2 wrote:
The Original 81 wrote:I must've watched the highlights hundreds of times, I just remember being down 13 and s***ing bricks, thinking how bad it would be to lose to them AGAIN, after the pain of 2008. I thought Kobe had a great game to be honest with you, I don't care what the overall shooting numbers were, all I remember wss his double digit scoring total in the fourth.

being at the game while down 13 felt even worse. it was like almost hell.

Perfect way to describe it, hell. I just could not accept losing to them, at home, game 7. No way.
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby The Rock on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:18 pm

The people here complaining about Kobe's D better be watching Lebron and Wade put up DPOY type defense in the Finals right now lulz

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:35 pm

^Lebron's defense has ALWAYS been overrated. He is a great help defender but his man D is nothing to brag about.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby S.R.05 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:33 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^Lebron's defense has ALWAYS been overrated. He is a great help defender but his man D is nothing to brag about.

yup, cant count how many times i saw parker or ginobili make one crossover and get by him one on one to the rim, tonight alone. but people forget about that when he makes his highlight blocks
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby The Laker Link on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:37 pm

shoe wrote:

dunno if this was taped before the Achilles injury, but kobe's walking pretty good.

Really, he looked like he was limping to me
The Laker Link

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:47 pm

The Laker Link wrote:
shoe wrote:

dunno if this was taped before the Achilles injury, but kobe's walking pretty good.

Really, he looked like he was limping to me

It's already been posted & proven in this thread, but Kobe did this bit/part of the show way before he hurt his achilles.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby CGrand81 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:32 pm

2014 offseason well be the make or break for the Lakers. Starts with Howard this offseason, obviously Kobe will be here for cheaper than 20 mil, all comes down to who will sign, they'll be plenty of options.
CGrand81

Postby Basketball Fan on Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:33 pm

KOBE BRYANT AUCTION
Who Wants My
TACKY DIAMOND RING!?

It's the stuff that caused a war between Kobe Bryant and his parents -- a collection of the NBA star's tacky jewelry, shoes and jerseys -- and now it's officially up for auction.

A diamond-encrusted NBA Championship ring complete with the words "Bling Bling" engraved on the side ... prototypes of Kobe's shoes ... Bryant's high school jersey -- it's all up for sale.

As we previously reported, Kobe sued his mom to prevent her from selling the memorabilia ... claiming she had no ownership rights to the merchandise.

But Pamela Bryant -- along with her husband Jellybean -- fought back ... claiming Kobe had gifted the stuff to them over the years and they had every right to sell it.

Last week, the two sides hammered out a settlement agreement ... in which Kobe allowed his folks to sell off 10% of what they had originally tried to auction ... and the items are pretty interesting.

As part of the settlement, half the proceeds from 4 key items -- including Kobe's palladium 2000 All-Star ring -- will go to support one of his favorite causes: the social action campaign around the anti-bullying documentary "Bully."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/17/kobe-brya ... z2WVinyh3S
Basketball Fan

Postby checkers09 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:12 pm

He was at the Angels game vs the Yankees on Father's Day.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:09 pm

^^ I like the look
Battle Tested20

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:13 pm

checkers09 wrote:Image

He was at the Angels game vs the Yankees on Father's Day.

:man1:
Jazzygirl205

Postby Dratini927 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:05 am

Didn't find this posted anywhere, but Kobe officially has a statue in China. Yao's not the biggest in China anymore it seems. :man12:

Matt the Drat

Dratini927

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:38 am

Dratini927 wrote:Didn't find this posted anywhere, but Kobe officially has a statue in China. Yao's not the biggest in China anymore it seems. :man12:

Saw this on twitter yesterday and honestly I was a little bummed that China couldn't or didn't make a more realistic/better statue.

Granted I know its the thought that counts and its cool that China did this for Kobe.
Battle Tested20

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion