Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 7 str8 30pt gms - only 1 at his age!

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:20 pm

easyguy wrote:
borri wrote:Ironic that on the night Nash comes back....Kobe chucks up 41 shots. Or is it........hrm.

No surprise here, he wants to show EVERYONE that he's still the top dog. He eats first!

Yeah, I'm sure that's what it was all about.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 8 str8 30pt gms - only 1 at his age!

Postby Finwë on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:22 pm

easyguy wrote:
JLaker17 wrote:Oh thats right Kobe is the only one who whines to the refs.

Give me a player that whines more than Kobe. He not only whines, but during and after the whining, he just dont run back on defense.

Difference is Kobe isn't getting calls on drives. LeBron gets way more calls than him, so he won't whine as many times, but watch him on a no-call, he goes NUTS. He jumps, he screams, he slaps his hands.. He can't believe it, how could he not get the call? Many players get T'd up for that kind of reaction, but he doesn't.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Scnottaken on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:09 pm

I have a GREAT Simpsons clip, that, unfortunately, bypasses the swear filter :man6:
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 7 str8 30pt gms - only 1 at his age!

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:54 pm

odom1year wrote:
therealdeal wrote:It's too many shots. Next game I doubt we see anything like that... Howard shouldn't be in foul trouble all game long and we should see more shots go his way.

After watching the game for a 3rd time... I think at least 7-8 of those shots were just really bad shots. Shots he shouldn't take. 3-4 were CLEAR fouls that should have put him at the line. So my personal estimated norm for him with Nash back should be 28 shots. :man10:

Wondering what make you watching the game 3 times. Looking for an excuse for 41 shots taking ? I hope not. Kobe takes bad shots every game. At age 34, he should take 21 shots at most. By the way, I really hope his consecutive 30pts game ends. Remember last time when Kobe wanted to make a scoring record of 40 pts, He simply ignored the team, just kept requesting the ball and taking shots at every possession at the end of the game.

What an absolute joke of a statement. GTFO with that bleep. Games dictate what goes on. 41 too many we all agree but for you to spew your nonsense with something like that....how absolutely silly and unrealistic.
LTLakerFan

Postby tigerjeterkobe on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:32 pm

Watchin ESPN classics - Kobe scoring 60 plus in MSG on MDA. Farmar didn't look so bad.
tigerjeterkobe

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Kobe should:
shoot 13 times a game
have 4.5 free throws
get 14 assist
8 rebounds
and not play the 4th quarter because lets face it "Kome" mode is why we can't win a Championship since he been here.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby trodgers on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:54 pm

"How do you get .5 assist?"
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:07 pm

Well since kobe is you know down to like top 83rd in the league he should pass more and thus the hockey assist should be implemented. Kobe gets a half assist if he actually passes the ball as many of the more 'in the know" poster on CL. If Lebron can't get a foul called against him in the 2012-13 season then Kobe can get a hockey assist.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 30K

Postby CarolinaLakerFan on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:35 am

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:I think it's time for Kobe to go to small forward, and send MWP to the bench as a 6th man. We're not playing defense anyway. At least we can put pressure on the opposing team's defense.

Future

PG-Nash/Blake
SG-Meeks/Kobe
SF-Kobe/MWP
PF-Pau/Jamison
C- D12/Hill

Right Now

PG-Duhon/Morris :hurl:
SG-Meeks/Kobe
SF-Kobe/MWP
PF-Hill/Jamison
C-D12

Called it! :man1:
Magic Johnson: The most complete player in NBA history!
CarolinaLakerFan

Postby Murdock on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:21 am

cthroatgtr wrote:Kobe will shoot if he thinks he has an open shot. It is up to guys like Nash to control that and he will. Its up to D'antonio to pull him out if he thinks he is outside of the team concept. Its what Phil would do is sit him longer if he thought he was too far outside the team game.

Regarding Kobe's defense. First it isn't what it used to be and that would be true of any guy in his 17th season. However the Laker breakdowns late in the last game were team defense issues on P/R. What was happening is the rotation never got there, thus killing the Lakers. Nash was abused on defense as well. Kobe's biggest defensive flaw has always been his roaming approach. The problem is he isn't quick enough to get away with it anymore. Kobe does play solid on ball defense but like the entire NBA P/R is a team concept and no one player can guard it one on one.

I know the games I have watched EVEN with Kobe's flaws the team has generally been lost without him. That too will get better with Nash back. D'antoni is also trying to get Pau more time without Howard so he can move into the post. Howard has yet to prove he can carry the team on offense when Kobe is out. I think Pau can.

Except he didn't so in the past, what makes you think he would do it now?
Murdock

Postby sina on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:11 am

Merry X'mas!!!

Best wishes to Kobe n Lakers!!!
sina

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 30K

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:26 am

CarolinaLakerFan wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:I think it's time for Kobe to go to small forward, and send MWP to the bench as a 6th man. We're not playing defense anyway. At least we can put pressure on the opposing team's defense.

Future

PG-Nash/Blake
SG-Meeks/Kobe
SF-Kobe/MWP
PF-Pau/Jamison
C- D12/Hill

Right Now

PG-Duhon/Morris :hurl:
SG-Meeks/Kobe
SF-Kobe/MWP
PF-Hill/Jamison
C-D12

Called it! :man1:

Errrrr..... that would be Metta not Jamison at the 4 coming off the bench, so don't break your arm "patting". :man12: BUT who wants to bet that Metta starts today to try and contain Melo? I think Dan mentioned he would do this for certain matchups. It would be the "bright" thing to do.
LTLakerFan

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:58 pm

I'm gonna bring this up again but several other players play similar to Kobe and one of them are being considered for MVP this season shooting in the 40% range since shooting percentage plays a big part on the MVP award :man9: , but with Kobe you know it's like "Nit pick, nit pick, nit pick" until we just forget his contributions and he becomes the villian :man10:
Jazzygirl205

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:54 pm

i hope he doesnt burn out. another 44 minute game.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby borri on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:55 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:i hope he doesnt burn out. another 44 minute game.
borri

Postby Weezy on Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:58 pm

He is playing too many minutes, but if he doesn't we'd seemingly be in trouble as he was really the one that got us back in it in the 4th. Great overall game from Kobe, I'm sure he's happy to get a win on XMas for a change.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:00 pm

He had some trouble late in the game but yea I think the minutes are getting to him, he made a couple of bad turnovers. Hope Mike can get it down

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:05 pm

He looked winded on that technical shot and a couple of those freethrows. But he shot 58% for the game so good job. Still too many minutes for his age.
Jazzygirl205

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:07 pm

All time leading Christmas Day scorer.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby JLaker17 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Kobe just give the ball to Nash! :man10:
JLaker17

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 9 str8 30pt gms - only 1 at his age!

Postby Lakeshow24 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Another incredible game for Black Mamba.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby escobar8 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:18 pm

only complaine...43min is to much...
escobar8

Postby FabFourLakers on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:30 pm

Love that he didn't force the issue in the 4th and take bad shots or try to go ISO. He trusted his teammates and they delivered. Now just repeat that process Kobe....and play better defense.

Also 44mins is too much but that's not Kobe's fault...its on Dantoni to manage the minutes.
FabFourLakers

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Kobe is playing a lot of minutes but games like today he isn't playing hard minutes. Nash has taken the ball out of his hands and he is doing less. I don't think he is getting the wear down like he was getting with Brown at the helm.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Sorry much as I love Kobe no props for him today. He is 34 years old and should not shoot more than 21 times in any game..... :man12: :man10: :man10: :man10:
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion