Kobe Bryant Discussion:#3 All Time!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:26 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:I hope Kobe retires after this season.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :mad1: :bang: :mad1:

i want to see him play as long as i can . i hope he plays 2 or 3 more years
kobebryant248

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:I hope Kobe retires after this season.

no you don't. You would feel even worse if he ever did
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:56 pm

Poor Kobe.

With these injuries I wouldn't want to expend what little gas I have left in the tank.

I wish he could "fake an injury" and sit out. Not really as a fan, but for his sake maybe.

I mean it's either Kobe busts his balls to carry this team to at best an 8th seed, and then get rolled in the playoffs---logging heavy minutes, guarding the other team's best player, and shouldering the offense. With even more wear and tear before next season.

Or just take some games off. :man6: :man6:
Chillbongo

Postby 432J on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:24 pm

The Rock wrote:I genuinely feel bad for him. Probably in his last years and its not working out
432J

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:58 pm

“@kobebryant: Long flight to Houston. I couldn't get my lil bro @dariusmorris4 to stop snoring!! Lol happy belated lil bro #gotem http://t.co/NCLONyLM

team chemistry building via twitter? #gotem like the clippers? seemed to work in the olympics with the team aswell as for the clippers. i want more from everyone now.

kobes last lil bro was shannon brown and they were close. dwight is also close friends with darius too thanksgiving and xmas together as well as hanging out off court. darius might be a good locker room rookie befriending and making a real effort as a friend and teammate imo
Ariza3

Postby Balance&Options24 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:44 pm

@kobebryant: We just saw why bama will be bcs champs @10AJMcCarron and @barrettAjones not afraid to confront each other in order to win. #respect.
like kobe and d12, jk
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:36 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
Finwë wrote:
Fish Slayer wrote:
Let's get a few things straight. None of us have made it to the NBA to begin with. None of us have played 17 NBA seasons and still averaged 30/5/5 at the age of 34. No one here was selected for 14 All-Star appearances. And we certainly haven't scored 30,000+ points, won two gold medals, an MVP, and five championship rings. You know who has done all that? Kobe Bryant. That's the person whose character you're questioning.

Do you really believe that a person with that drive, dedication, and God-given talent would choose a personal accolade like a one-year scoring title over the historic accomplishment of tying or surpassing Michael Jordan for his number of championships? Better yet, do you really believe that Kobe even contemplates such a thing? "Hmm... I have a choice to make. Should I win more championships or just keep chucking up shots?"

Kobe is one of the all-time greats, and he makes game-time decisions based on what he thinks is most likely to help the Lakers win. I'm not saying he is beyond reproach or constructive criticism, but why on earth would you think that you know better than him how to win professional basketball games? How many have you won?

It's shocking that so many Lakers fans are throwing Kobe under the bus as a way of dealing with this nightmarish season. One day he's going to retire, and we'll all regret that he's not around anymore. Enjoy him while you can, I say.

Great post

+1! :jam2:

And welcome to CL and this big camp fire with everyone singing kumbaya in Lakers bliss and harmony. Especially in the Kobe thread. He's 34 with one foot in the grave and "shots" too much. :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Finwë wrote:Puffy, Weezy (and others) don't bother. Just add 'em to your ignore list. A lesson I wish I learned sooner. Waste of time.

Yes it is. I usually don't entertain these guys but the last few days a point had to be made. There is nothing worse, to me at least, than a so-called Lakers fan who dumps on their own team over and over and over and over again. I was traveling today and just caught up on all the conversations which seem to be the very same. LD has been overrun by illogical haters plain and simple. Some speak with twisted knowledge while others do nothing but babble like fools who have never watched basketball in their lives.

It's time for LD be taken back over by quality instead of this crap that has infected it.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Weezy on Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:05 pm

I'm enjoying Kobe on twitter surprisingly, he comes across as very human. :mhihi:
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby odom1year on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 am

Fish Slayer wrote:
odom1year wrote:Agree. He works hard as always. But sometimes he just tries too hard. Trust your teammates even they are bad FT shooters, soft and no defense. The bottom line is you need them to win games.

I've seen a lot of posts like this recently criticizing Kobe for taking too many shots, allegedly not trusting his teammates, etc. Frankly I just don't get it.

One of the reasons Kobe takes so many shots is because the Lakers are frequently playing from behind, and as the games wind down he has to shoot the team back into a position where they even have a chance of winning. He's the only player on this team that can reliably put points on the board when we need them.

Sunday's game is a perfect example. Kobe scored 18 of our 22 fourth quarter points. No one else even connected with a field goal, and it wasn't because Kobe was ball-hogging them out of shot attempts: they were just missing. What is Kobe supposed to do in that situation other than put the team on his back and try to match the scoring given up at the other end of the floor? The man is one of the most prolific scorers in NBA history. That's what he does.

For those of you complaining about the number of Kobe's shots, what specifically do you wish he had done differently in this game?

Did he not look for Pau in the post enough? He dumped the ball in there the whole night, and it didn't get us anywhere. When we were losing by 10+ in the fourth quarter, was he supposed to pass up good looks so that someone with a lower field goal percentage could shoot? Do you wish he hadn't shot the two corner threes that got us back in the game?

Without Kobe we'd be getting blown out by 15+ points on a regular basis. It is mind-boggling to me that anyone thinks he's the reason we're losing games. Now he racks up 7 assists and makes a concerted effort to get everyone involved, goes off in the fourth quarter, and almost wins us the game. STILL people register the same complaints. If Jesus Christ was playing for us he couldn't satisfy these people.

1. Not just a lot of posts recently criticizing Kobe for taking too many shots, but his teammates did that through the media.

2. As you said Sunday's game is a perfect example. Did you notice we even the score when Kobe only took 5 shots and had 5 assists in 1st half ? Then he took 6 shots in first 6 mins in 2nd half. Do you ever think Lakers are frequently playing from behind is because Kobe misses lots of shots ?

3. In the 4th quarter, D12 missed 2 FTs, Pau missed one shot, Nash missed one shot. Then the rest was Kobe time. Did they have the opportunity to connect with a field goal with Kobe ?

4. Kobed dumped the ball to Pau in the post in 1st half only (not whole night), and that's why Kobe recorded 5 assists in 1st half. D12 shot at 6/7 and Pau shot at 5/6 in 1st half, how come they became someone with a lower field goal percentage when Kobe turned on his scoring mode ? Kobe took 21 shots in 2nd half, please check D12 took any in the entire 2nd half.

5. Without Kobe or without his two corner threes, we will lose by 15+. But with Kobe and his sharing mode, we can win the game. That's all.
odom1year

Postby wcsoldier81 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:37 am

I can imagine the comments after next game : Kobe shot too much , you've got to play inside out Ball with Sacre and Clark !
wcsoldier81

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:49 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I can imagine the comments after next game : Kobe shot too much , you've got to play inside out Ball with Sacre and Clark !

He better throw it in the post to Metta when he has Asik locked in.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:26 am

wow man not much to say. oh just two things . and you could ban me for it if you want. but i have it to say odom1year and LTLakerFan are the biggest haters here on kobe and they are not real fans in my understanding of a fan. they shouldn t be here in this forum. because they try to get every opporturnity they can get to blame kobe and the whole team but mostly kobe for everything. i got a little advice for you if you guys don t like kobe hey why don t you hopp on the clippers bandwaggon train. :mad1: :mad1: :bang:
kobebryant248

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:33 am

kobebryant248 wrote:wow man not much to say. oh just two things . and you could ban me for it if you want. but i have it to say odom1year and LTLakerFan are the biggest haters here on kobe and they are not real fans in my understanding of a fan. they shouldn t be here in this forum. because they try to get every opporturnity they can get to blame kobe and the whole team but mostly kobe for everything. i got a little advice for you if you guys don t like kobe hey why don t you hopp on the clippers bandwaggon train. :mad1: :mad1: :bang:

Alot of people have sipped the Kobe media bias for some years now.
Jazzygirl205

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:40 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:I can imagine the comments after next game : Kobe shot too much , you've got to play inside out Ball with Sacre and Clark !

Well, there still needs to be a team concept out there on the floor. The concept may need an adjustment without an established inside presence, but it is unlikely we will win if Kobe takes a high volume of shots. That doesn't guarantee that we will win if he doesn't, but your best chance to win a team game is to play as a team.

The mindset everyone needs to have is that with those guys out, everyone has to step up their game. Not, ok, Kobe has to step up his game so find him whenever you can. I don't care who you have on your team. If everyone chips in a little bit, then any team led by Kobe can pull out a win on most nights against most teams.
JGC

Postby themasterphil on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:06 am

its time for KB24 to make three 50p game streak...I cant wait... :jam2:
themasterphil

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:03 am

themasterphil wrote:its time for KB24 to make three 50p game streak...I cant wait... :jam2:

will try my best, hopefully my knees keep up the increased work load.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby 432J on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:13 am

lakerswiz wrote:I can't believe this season, where he's playing at the top of his game, is being wasted.

not the first time that's happened
432J

Postby themasterphil on Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:33 am

KB24 wrote:
themasterphil wrote:its time for KB24 to make three 50p game streak...I cant wait... :jam2:

will try my best, hopefully my knees keep up the increased work load.

good one.... :mhihi:..... i hope you will
themasterphil

Postby JGC on Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:51 pm

lakerswiz wrote:I can't believe this season, where he's playing at the top of his game, is being wasted.

I don't know. I think Kobe's BEST games as a pro, weren't necessarily his best statistical games.
JGC

Postby khmrP on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:17 pm

gona get crucified but I have to say Kobe is a horrible team defender. Unlike Nash who just can't stay in front of his man, Kobe also just never actually guards his man at all usually leaving his teammate to try an recover for him while he just camps in the paint. Numerous 3pt shot brake down in tonights game started with his man. Yes his O is awesome but his D is atrocious, while I give him a pass for not being able to stay in front of anyone his overall team d blows.
Last edited by khmrP on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
khmrP

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:18 pm

shouldve just went for 100
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:22 pm

Bad game for kobe tonight.

Defense still the main issue though. Almost to 100 by the end of Q3.
phoenixrisingla

Postby phoenixrisingla on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 pm

lakerswiz wrote:2-9 with two turnovers in the quarter.

free pass though right? 5 titles some odd years ago!!!!!!

Overreact much? One game in what has been a good season for Kobe. :bang:
phoenixrisingla

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:23 pm

all kobe haters shut up :bang: :bang: :bang: :mad1: :mad1:
kobebryant248

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion