Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:07 pm

therealdeal wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Ugh how selfish! If he was really serious about being a team player he would have lead the game in assists!

OH WAIT.


That doesn't give him the right to shoot 29 times, especially with how cold he was.

Did you watch the game?


That would be the reason why I'm saying he shot way too much, almost every single damn time he touched the ball, meanwhile Dwight has to pick up Kobe's garbage to get his own point. Sure, Kobe had a heroic tip in, but that doesn't mean he needs to keep shooting the ball 25+ times especially if the shots aren't going in. Quit being a homer, this was obvious to anyone who watched the game, check the game thread for example.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby GoldenKnight on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Scnottaken wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Ugh how selfish! If he was really serious about being a team player he would have lead the game in assists!

OH WAIT.

Don't you know, every time Kobe shoots the ball, make or miss, a kitten cries.


Every time Kobe misses a shot, he summons a black mamba to kill a small animal
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby therealdeal on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:27 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:
That would be the reason why I'm saying he shot way too much, almost every single damn time he touched the ball, meanwhile Dwight has to pick up Kobe's garbage to get his own point. Sure, Kobe had a heroic tip in, but that doesn't mean he needs to keep shooting the ball 25+ times especially if the shots aren't going in. Quit being a homer, this was obvious to anyone who watched the game, check the game thread for example.

The man had 7 assists, it's not like he wasn't sharing the ball. Not to mention I counted a good 4 times at least that the team looked to him to bail them out.

Dwight was the key to the offense down the stretch, I'm not sure what your point is. He touched the ball almost on every consecutive trip down for the last 3-4 minutes. Just because he wasn't getting the shots, doesn't mean he wasn't the key to the offense.

Quit being a box score analyst.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40329
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:28 pm

james worthy just said "kobe didnt shoot as much as he usually does"

bang bang
User avatar
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel
 
Posts: 20537
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:22 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby trodgers on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:29 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:james worthy just said "kobe didnt shoot as much as he usually does"

bang bang

James knows Game
Game knows Game
Ball don't lie
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46533
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:34 pm

Image
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
User avatar
Doc Brown

 
Posts: 19455
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby Finwë on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:38 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Image

:man10: that was brilliant
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
User avatar
Finwë

 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:32 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby gill on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Is he with the girl beside him? Her reaction is priceless... same exact reaction my wife would do if I did that on the jumbotron :man10:
User avatar
gill

 
Posts: 19353
Joined: Mon May 03, 2004 8:57 am
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Canada

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby borri on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:53 pm

trodgers wrote:
CaCHooKa Man wrote:james worthy just said "kobe didnt shoot as much as he usually does"

bang bang

James knows Game
Game knows Game
Ball don't lie


I hope Worthy was sarcastic because that statement tells me Worthy is an idiot. Last I recall, highest average shots per game in his career was 27. He usually averages around 24-25 a game.

Worthy is a great player. Analyst he isn't. One day (most of the days) Worthy says Kobe should share the rock. Then tonight, 9/29 he says Kobe didn't shoot as much as usual? He's being sarcastic. Has to be. He ain't this dumb.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby borri on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:54 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Not blaming MDA, just stating the facts. We're screwed if Kobe has to continue doing this for much longer


Which is it? Playing heavy minutes or jacking up too many shots?
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:09 am

He should live on the block and see more off the ball action as he has been efficient in both this season but not nearly used enough ... hopefully Nash come back will help ( at least on the off ball part)

I just don't get why he doesn't post up more especially with us playing small since Pau is out ... the 3pt chucking is just beyond stupid
wcsoldier81

 
Posts: 6427
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:20 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby Murdock on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:44 am

borri wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Not blaming MDA, just stating the facts. We're screwed if Kobe has to continue doing this for much longer


Which is it? Playing heavy minutes or jacking up too many shots?

I would say both :D the first is correlated with the second one
User avatar
Murdock

 
Posts: 1734
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:33 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:15 am

therealdeal wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
That would be the reason why I'm saying he shot way too much, almost every single damn time he touched the ball, meanwhile Dwight has to pick up Kobe's garbage to get his own point. Sure, Kobe had a heroic tip in, but that doesn't mean he needs to keep shooting the ball 25+ times especially if the shots aren't going in. Quit being a homer, this was obvious to anyone who watched the game, check the game thread for example.

The man had 7 assists, it's not like he wasn't sharing the ball. Not to mention I counted a good 4 times at least that the team looked to him to bail them out.

Dwight was the key to the offense down the stretch, I'm not sure what your point is. He touched the ball almost on every consecutive trip down for the last 3-4 minutes. Just because he wasn't getting the shots, doesn't mean he wasn't the key to the offense.

Quit being a box score analyst.


You really don't need a box score or to be a genious to figure out Kobe loves to shoot and shot way more than he should have in this game, I counted at least 3 or 4 times in the 4th when Meeks was wide open but Kobe decided to take a contested fade vs 2 players instead.I love Kobe as much as the next guy, but I'm also realistic and don't praise him when he shouldn't be praised.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby GoldenKnight on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:15 am

therealdeal wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
That would be the reason why I'm saying he shot way too much, almost every single damn time he touched the ball, meanwhile Dwight has to pick up Kobe's garbage to get his own point. Sure, Kobe had a heroic tip in, but that doesn't mean he needs to keep shooting the ball 25+ times especially if the shots aren't going in. Quit being a homer, this was obvious to anyone who watched the game, check the game thread for example.

The man had 7 assists, it's not like he wasn't sharing the ball. Not to mention I counted a good 4 times at least that the team looked to him to bail them out.

Dwight was the key to the offense down the stretch, I'm not sure what your point is. He touched the ball almost on every consecutive trip down for the last 3-4 minutes. Just because he wasn't getting the shots, doesn't mean he wasn't the key to the offense.

Quit being a box score analyst.


You really don't need a box score or to be a genious to figure out Kobe loves to shoot and shot way more than he should have in this game, I counted at least 3 or 4 times in the 4th when Meeks was wide open but Kobe decided to take a contested fade vs 2 players instead.I love Kobe as much as the next guy, but I'm also realistic and don't praise him when he shouldn't be praised.
Image

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
User avatar
GoldenKnight

 
Posts: 2185
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:57 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:25 am

Of course Kobe loves to shoot he's a natural born scorer. He missed alot of shots that he normally and has made at an efficient rate this season. He also had a terrific game facilitating the basketball with those seven assists. That cannot be denied. Howard got enough touches. Bryant played a very good overall game despite an off shooting night.
Image
User avatar
Texas Lakers Fan

 
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:26 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby trodgers on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:42 am

Three or four times in the fourth Meeks wide open, Kobe takes fadeaway over two defenders. That seems like hyperbole.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
User avatar
trodgers
Site Manager
 
Posts: 46533
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 pm
Location: Orlando

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:23 am

GoldenKnight wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
GoldenKnight wrote:
That would be the reason why I'm saying he shot way too much, almost every single damn time he touched the ball, meanwhile Dwight has to pick up Kobe's garbage to get his own point. Sure, Kobe had a heroic tip in, but that doesn't mean he needs to keep shooting the ball 25+ times especially if the shots aren't going in. Quit being a homer, this was obvious to anyone who watched the game, check the game thread for example.

The man had 7 assists, it's not like he wasn't sharing the ball. Not to mention I counted a good 4 times at least that the team looked to him to bail them out.

Dwight was the key to the offense down the stretch, I'm not sure what your point is. He touched the ball almost on every consecutive trip down for the last 3-4 minutes. Just because he wasn't getting the shots, doesn't mean he wasn't the key to the offense.

Quit being a box score analyst.


You really don't need a box score or to be a genious to figure out Kobe loves to shoot and shot way more than he should have in this game, I counted at least 3 or 4 times in the 4th when Meeks was wide open but Kobe decided to take a contested fade vs 2 players instead.I love Kobe as much as the next guy, but I'm also realistic and don't praise him when he shouldn't be praised.

I know Kobe loves to shoot, but you're wrong about this game. Anyone watching the game would realize that the vast majority of his shots, especially after the 1st quarter would good shots or shots that he was forced to take due to the shot clock. If you can come up with proof of Kobe taking 3-4 contested shots over two guys before passing to Meeks, I'd love to see it. And of those shots how many were because the shot clock was down?

I watched the fourth quarter very closely and I don't remember that at all. The dude has 30/7/7 in a win and shouldn't be praised huh?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40329
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby JGC on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:46 am

Kobe should be praised but it should also be noted he took a far too high volume of shots (29 FGA plus 13 free throws) many of which were unnecessary. He shot like what 30% from the field? Now, had he gone 6 for 17 or something then you just sort of say ok, he had an off night, but he made other plays and let his teammates carry him. But going 1 for 8 from 3pt range is not good. There are components of his game he did well though, and he should certainly be praised for them. But scoring 30 pts shouldn't be one of them considering he shot 30 percent. Almost any NBA player in this league can score 30 pts if given enough shots.

When you have a bad back, and you're off on your shot, I really don't think taking 30 shots is a particularly wise decision. But I thought he did enough of what I want from him (moving the ball, for 7 assists) and we got the W so I don't think you can hate on it TOO much but I certainly understand why people wouldn't want this game to resemble his game for the rest of the season.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby therealdeal on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:48 am

And why should it? Once Pau and Nash get back, the offense is going to be vastly different and (I think) improved. We're going to see less isolations both for Dwight and Kobe, and more ball and man movement.

Not to mention Kobe won't be relied on as much which means he'll be fresher and will likely raise his FG%.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40329
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:38 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Image

:man10: :man10:
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11670
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:Image

:man10: :man10:

:man10:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30566
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: JRSmith trashtalk - pg409

Postby revgen on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Image


:man10:
"Every time he’s hurt, he always plays, he always comes through."

- Metta World Peace on teammate Kobe Bryant
revgen
HDTV/Multimedia Guru
 
Posts: 21728
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:53 pm
Location: Southern California

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby kenzo on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:24 pm

^ That guy is AWESOME :jam2:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5971
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby Uncle_Meat on Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:33 pm

Kobe for those that appreciate him has now elevated himself to sainthood. With such a high tolerance to physical/emotional pain he is always there to perform. Can't take this man for granted any longer. :bow:

He is under so much stress and lots of minutes right now because MDA does not have any confidence in anyone else that is active on the roster at this time. So he is getting criticized because he's not playing like he was 24. MDA is scared for his job right now so he is going to ride the guy like Mike Brown did. Expect a major stress injury around mid season that will put him on the bench. This team is in trouble.
User avatar
Uncle_Meat

 
Posts: 4932
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:07 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby XXIV on Sat Dec 15, 2012 6:07 pm

Oh man that kiss cam is the greatest. :jam2: :man10:
XXIV

 
Posts: 6388
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 am
Location: Los Angeles

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.