Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: heavy minutes / bad back

Postby D.B. Cooper on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:58 pm

Better game tonight, more efficient. He and Dwight still turn the ball over too much but I expect Nash to cut those down.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Armani on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:01 pm

Would be in the MVP race if we didn't suck so much.
Armani

Postby Finwë on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:05 pm

Armani wrote:Would be in the MVP race if we didn't suck so much.

Definitely. He's the best scorer in the league right now, but our team's record is awful, so he doesn't stand a chance. Also, his D is probably hurting his chances too.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:34 pm

17th year in the league and leading everyone in scoring and minutes played. averaging 40.4 MPG and 34.2 PPG this month. i believe he accounts for 3 of the 7 40 point games in the nba this season :man4:
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:36 pm

398th career 30 point game

2 more for 400

:jam2: :bow: :bow: :jam2:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby borri on Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Now this is the type of game i want to see more of before Nash comes back.
borri

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 pm

Great game.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby odom1year on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:25 pm

Uncle Drew wrote:35-6-4 :jam2: amazing game!
6th straight 30+ game :man13:
CRAZY.

If you compare it to Durant's last 6 games. It's nothing special, especially in FG% and team's winning%.
odom1year

Postby therealdeal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:27 pm

Durant has had two straight 30 point games. You're losing your humor. I'll give you an unofficial warning for being a troll.

Last chance.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby funkychunky on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:29 pm

odom1year wrote:
Uncle Drew wrote:35-6-4 :jam2: amazing game!
6th straight 30+ game :man13:
CRAZY.

If you compare it to Durant's last 6 games. It's nothing special, especially in FG% and team's winning%.

LMAO omg please try harder
funkychunky

Postby odom1year on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:30 pm

Magic Skywalker wrote:What? odom1year hasn't posted about tonight's game?

I would say Kobe is Hero for tonight's game. Around 20 shots with 50FG% is perfect for him though.
odom1year

Postby odom1year on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Finwë wrote:

Definitely. He's the best scorer in the league right now, but our team's record is awful, so he doesn't stand a chance. Also, his D is probably hurting his chances too.

He is not the best scorer in the league. He just scored most. Guys like Durant and Lebron are playing team ball and sharing the ball well and building team's chemistry. Their goals are championship, not just win a single game or the scoring title.
odom1year

Postby therealdeal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:35 pm

odom1year wrote:
Finwë wrote:

He is not the best scorer in the league. He just scored most. Guys like Durant and Lebron are playing team ball and sharing the ball well and building team's chemistry. Their goals are championship, not just win a single game or the scoring title.

Funny because I think of the three of them Kobe has 5 times as many as the next guy on that list.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby jbiggs on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:36 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Thought about it a little bit today. Am okay with it. Kobe is the best scorer in league history.

completely agree. i just hope more people will begin to realize this as time goes on
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby odom1year on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:38 pm

therealdeal wrote:Durant has had two straight 30 point games. You're losing your humor. I'll give you an unofficial warning for being a troll.

Last chance.

You don't agree Durant has better and more efficient game !? Kobe has a good game tonight, but not the previous one with 9/29 FG.
odom1year

Postby lakersyunowin on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:40 pm

lakerswiz wrote:Thought about it a little bit today. Am okay with it. Kobe is the best scorer in league history.

the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby therealdeal on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:52 pm

odom1year wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Durant has had two straight 30 point games. You're losing your humor. I'll give you an unofficial warning for being a troll.

Last chance.

You don't agree Durant has better and more efficient game !? Kobe has a good game tonight, but not the previous one with 9/29 FG.

You responded to the wrong post, but that's fine. No I don't think Durant had the better game, although he played 2 days ago.

Durant scored less in his last game, had only one more rebound despite being 6'10", had the same number of turnovers but only half the assists. You keep bringing up sharing the ball, that's one of the things Durant is the worst about. He's an awful passer and shot creator for others.

He's a great scorer in the prime of his career. Why the f*** are you comparing him to Kobe anyway? Is that metric the way that we decide whether Kobe played well? Does that not speak volumes to Kobe and his game that he's being constantly held up against the best players in their positions even in his 17th season?

Ridiculous.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:00 am

therealdeal wrote:
odom1year wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Funny because I think of the three of them Kobe has 5 times as many as the next guy on that list.

My point is not about career accomplishment. It's all about Durant and Lebron are doing a good model for building up a champion team. We know that they score at will and can score 40 pts with ease. But they are sharing the shots with teammates instead.
odom1year

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:03 am

Durant averages less assists than Kobe Bryant does. Want to try that again?
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:10 am

key is that he had 5+ assists. he really can thrive when facilitating as it just makes him even more dangerous. hope he keeps moving the ball
Ariza3

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:17 am

therealdeal wrote:
odom1year wrote:

Last chance.

You responded to the wrong post, but that's fine. No I don't think Durant had the better game, although he played 2 days ago.

Durant scored less in his last game, had only one more rebound despite being 6'10", had the same number of turnovers but only half the assists. You keep bringing up sharing the ball, that's one of the things Durant is the worst about. He's an awful passer and shot creator for others.

He's a great scorer in the prime of his career. Why the f*** are you comparing him to Kobe anyway? Is that metric the way that we decide whether Kobe played well? Does that not speak volumes to Kobe and his game that he's being constantly held up against the best players in their positions even in his 17th season?

Ridiculous.

Without Harden, OKC are 19-4.
Lakers with Kobe and D12, 11-14.

Games are not just about individual's less rebs, asts or more TOs. It's a team game which depends on your leader HOW to lead the team. If the team sucks, I won't blame Meeks or Jamison. It's all on Kobe. Especially you have the best center in the league next to you.
odom1year

Postby therealdeal on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:24 am

The Thunder have all of their major players playing for them.

The Lakers are missing two Hall of Fame players.

Maybe the problem is that we have 27 million tied up on the bench. Throw in 3 more million for Jordan Hill. Throw in another 4 for Steve Blake.

Maybe the problem with this team is that we're missing half of it. Kobe Bryant is playing his a** off for the team.

But I'm done conversing with trolls.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:27 am

therealdeal wrote:Durant averages less assists than Kobe Bryant does. Want to try that again?

You have pointed out a fact. If you are playing a team game, everyone should have his role. Like PG should lead in assist in the team. Durant averages less assists than Kobe, it's not because he is an awful passer. I think you should realize that Kobe holding the ball is far more longer than any player in the league. Kobe is our true PG since Shaq left the team. Fans are just blaming Chucks, parker, Fisher...every Lakers PG. They never know Kobe has taken over their jobs. If Magic Johnson is not holding the ball and making plays, will he be the Magic ?
odom1year

Postby The Rock on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:31 am

Kobe took some horrible shots tonight...and made it so i hope moving forward people dont complain about shot selection and be upset he missed it because hes taking the same shots he usually takes

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby odom1year on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:33 am

therealdeal wrote:The Thunder have all of their major players playing for them.

The Lakers are missing two Hall of Fame players.

Maybe the problem is that we have 27 million tied up on the bench. Throw in 3 more million for Jordan Hill. Throw in another 4 for Steve Blake.

Maybe the problem with this team is that we're missing half of it. Kobe Bryant is playing his a** off for the team.

But I'm done conversing with trolls.

Take it easy. Lakers will win next game. Pau will back in next week. Nash will back in next 2 weeks. One more sure thing is Kobe will take 20+ shots as usual.
odom1year

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion