Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Bryant Appreciation Thread.

Postby sepu on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:33 pm

The Boy takes his Vitamins !
sepu

Postby KobeCory8 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:43 pm

woo
mama there goes that man
KobeCory8

Postby gonitype123 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Lakers Advocate wrote:LOL @ so called Lakers fans that don't like Kobe...

He just dominated..NICE!!

what a shame :bang:
gonitype123

Postby Tobias Funke on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:00 pm

sepu wrote:The Boy takes his Vitamins !

Boy DEFINITELY gets his Vitamins! Haha!
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:24 pm

It's disturbing how great a game he played. I don't remember the last time I saw him that focused and intense. If he can duplicate that just 3 more times, this series is over.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:28 pm

By the way, that fadeaway he hit over Pietrus was insane. I was pissed because he kinda overdribbled on that play, but all I could say was "wow" when that shot fell.

The third quarter was Mamba going for the jugular. He really couldn't have played much better.

If the Lakers hadn't played such great D and blown Orlando out, Kobe might have ended up with (or come close to) a 50 point triple double.

Our initial strategy was to pound it inside, but the Pau-Kobe pick & roll was working so well that we just milked it as much as we could.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:29 pm

therealdeal wrote:It's disturbing how great a game he played. I don't remember the last time I saw him that focused and intense. If he can duplicate that just 3 more times, this series is over.

Straight up. Bottom line is - he's going to get this championship. Doesn't matter what anyone on the Magic does. If he has to score 100 points in game 7 just to do it, then book it. He will make it happen. He won't have to. But he would if necessary. Nothing will stop him now. He's too close. Kobe :bow: :bow: :bow:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Lakerjones wrote:
therealdeal wrote:It's disturbing how great a game he played. I don't remember the last time I saw him that focused and intense. If he can duplicate that just 3 more times, this series is over.

Straight up. Bottom line is - he's going to get this championship. Doesn't matter what anyone on the Magic does. If he has to score 100 points in game 7 just to do it, then book it. He will make it happen. He won't have to. But he would if necessary. Nothing will stop him now. He's too close. Kobe :bow: :bow: :bow:

I agree. A thought just came to me of Jerry West and his determination to win. I wasn't old enough to remember watching him play, but my father never stopped raving about him. Kobe's determination is frightening. Even after his amazing performance, he was immediately dismissive, waiting for the next game. I love it.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:46 pm

Bryant's biggest forte at this advanced stage of his career is knowing how to pick his spots... He is doing an excellent job of sensing the time to take over when needed while keeping his teammates involved. Bryant is "managing" games instead of trying to "overwhelm" opponents like he did two or three years ago. Tonight, Bryant started the series in rip-roaring fashion.
Last edited by gcclaker on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby GuRu on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:46 pm

Win the Pacific. Win the West. Win a Ring
GuRu
Better Than You

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:52 pm

Yep Real, he's right there in that "zone." Pure game face. Pure focus. It's winning time now. This will shut Van Gumby up with all that "Last series the media was all about Lebron, now it's Kobe this, Kobe that" nonsense. Those guys on the floor know damn well they can't stop this guy. He's not Lebron, he's a much deadlier, smarter player who has been here before and gone all the way - something none of them but an ex-teammate Ty Lue has done. Kobe's the assassin and he's going to just keep on killin' 'til there's no one left to stop him out there on the court. Who is going to stop him? Turkeyglue, Rashard, Pietrus? Howard?

Nope. Battier and Artest couldn't even stop him and those are the best two in the league. The old adage is true, whatever didn't kill Kobe in the earlier rounds just made him stronger. The Magic are mentally infantile compared to Kobe. He's owned guys like Turk and Pietrus for years.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:12 pm

What is more important other than Bryant's pyrotechnics on the offensive end is his ability to switch on the perimeter defensively on Turkuglo, Lewis and Pietrus. That was instrumental in keeping Orlando's outside shooting from finding its rhythmn.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 pm

kobes competitive attitude is rubbing off on the rest of the team. i dont think ive seen any of them smile the last few days.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby ShaqDieselLaker on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:15 pm

GOAT, MVP, the best player in bball period. Kobe is the driver and the fuel that this team lives on.
Derek Fisher is the heart and soul of this team- Kobe(Black Mamba)
When we win it, it's going to taste much sweeter knowing I played with the injury- Andrew(Lionheart)
Tomorrow is another opportunity to accomplish great things- Pau(Pauwer)
Ron Artest is the Game 7 MVP- Phil(Zen Master)
Q:Pierce says series isn't coming back to LA? A: [Mean Stare]- Derek(President)
If we don't win the championship, it's my fault- Ron(Tru Warier)
ShaqDieselLaker

Location: Sorry Boston, the championship trophy belongs in LA

Postby f355 on Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:21 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:kobes competitive attitude is rubbing off on the rest of the team. i dont think ive seen any of them smile the last few days.

Yeah, it's just not a game to them anymore. Serious business.
f355

Postby noobiew on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:13 am

Found this on the ESPN news :-

Bryant became only the fourth player to have a 40/8/8 (points/rebounds/assists) in an NBA Finals game, joining Jerry West (1969), Michael Jordan (1993) and Shaquille O'Neal (1992).
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby thisbjgz on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:24 am

CaCHooKa Man wrote:kobes competitive attitude is rubbing off on the rest of the team. i dont think ive seen any of them smile the last few days.

and i love it :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :jam2: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
thisbjgz

Postby Ras Algethi on Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:58 am

Through three quarters of Game 1 Thursday night he had 36 points in 33 minutes of action, making him the first player to score more than 35 points in less than 35 minutes since Michael Jordan had 39 in 34 the "Shrug Game" in the 1992 Finals.

Bryant became only the fourth player to have a 40/8/8 (points/rebounds/assists) in an NBA Finals game, joining Jerry West (1969), Michael Jordan (1993) and Shaquille O'Neal (1992).
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:01 am

Interesting tidbit from JA Adande:

Through three quarters of Game 1 Thursday night he had 36 points in 33 minutes of action, making him the first player to score more than 35 points in less than 35 minutes since Michael Jordan had 39 in 34 the "Shrug Game" in the 1992 Finals.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby BDG on Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:08 am

Another impressive Kobe Finals stat:

BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Weezy on Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:32 am

The Magic are in trouble, plain and simple. Last year Boston threw like 3 guys at Kobe at at time, there is nobody on Orlando that can guard Kobe, hes' not going to be stopped.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Venomenon on Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:51 am

THE MAMBA :man9:

Venomenon

Postby Kobe8Fan on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:12 am

kwembinekwek wrote:THE MAMBA :man9:

The tongue is waggin'! He's ready to strike!
Kobe8Fan

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:15 am

F adande...Lebron loving bastitch...chosen 1 is gone JA, just stop
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby stack on Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:14 am

There's not a single player more intense or skilled - ever!

two0one7 wrote:

stack

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion