Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby LakersN4 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:20 pm

12-13 Kobe was better than 12-13 Harden.. Assuming he returns to form I don't see how he wouldn't be better.. Only aspect of the game Harden is better at is getting to the line.
LakersN4

Postby kenzo on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:24 pm

^ that's not on him being better but on the refs for blowing their whistles. His game is disgusting :hurl:
kenzo

Postby JLaker17 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Evan Turner is finalizing a deal with the Celtics.
JLaker17

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:43 pm

kenzo wrote:^ that's not on him being better but on the refs for blowing their whistles. His game is disgusting :hurl:

Yes! But not as disgusting as his face with the beaver hanging below his sideburns. :man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:39 pm

LAKEROC wrote:^ To think OKC a about 4 years ago, were willing to throw us Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrookm who were around 21/22 at the time. Screw that no-trade clause. I would driven Kobe to the damn airport myself. We would still have had Bynum, which was shopped for Howard. Howard wouldn't have left because that incredibly abrassive Type A personality, wouldn't have forced him out, and we would be looking at Westbrook/Durant and Howard. Still, Kobe was at the top of his game, and they were basically in their 2nd year in the league, when this happened.
Still have no sympathy for that asinine contract. If we play our cards right, and clear the deck completely in 2016 we can do 3 max contracts. Nobody is ever going to get a chance to "the man" with Kobe here, no matter how he plays. He must go after this contract. No questions asked.

F*** that! If he is healthy and still playing well, and still wants to play, and finally takes the big pay cut, your little rant is like telling MJ he didn't have the "game" to play when he was with the Wizards at 40 for the one year. Or Kareem. Bull crap!
LTLakerFan

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:57 pm

LakersN4 wrote:12-13 Kobe was better than 12-13 Harden.. Assuming he returns to form I don't see how he wouldn't be better.. Only aspect of the game Harden is better at is getting to the line.

Agreed. But that was more than 1 season ago and pre-Achillies tear. He will be 36/37 this year. Harden has also averaged 25+ ppg the last 2 years and is one of the best scorers in the game. I detest his style like most Laker fans but the guy does have game. The hardest thing to do in basketball is the ability to create your own shot and he does that well. His Euro steps are effective and he knows how to use it effectively.

Right now, he can get to the rack much better than Kobe, is better at drawing fouls and he obviously has the fresher legs at only 25, which will allow him to get buckets in transition. And I don't care what you tell me, being able to run the floor is essential for a 2. That's where you can get cheap, easy buckets. On the flip side, everything will be a grind for Kobe. No cheap, easy buckets via transition. I think people will be shocked at how much lift and explosion he has lost. No man beats father time, no matter how skilled you are. Kobe will be a shell of his prime. When you lose so much of your quickness, explosion and lift at this level, reality can set in in a hurry.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 pm

someone has spent too much time watching other teams than watching Kobe. Kobe hasn't relied on sheer quickness in years. He gets his buckets from footwork, post moves and pullups. He doesn't need quickness for that just the one thing father time leaves for last, his brains. It isn't a shock that the same people are coming in and going "doubt parade" but anyone that has watched the man play knows he will evolve his game to suit his abilities. Maybe he won't be 50 point Kobe but he will damn sure be "hold my jockstrap while I pee on you Harden" Kobe.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
LakersN4 wrote:12-13 Kobe was better than 12-13 Harden.. Assuming he returns to form I don't see how he wouldn't be better.. Only aspect of the game Harden is better at is getting to the line.

Agreed. But that was more than 1 season ago and pre-Achillies tear. He will be 36/37 this year. Harden has also averaged 25+ ppg the last 2 years and is one of the best scorers in the game. I detest his style like most Laker fans but the guy does have game. The hardest thing to do in basketball is the ability to create your own shot and he does that well. His Euro steps are effective and he knows how to use it effectively.

Right now, he can get to the rack much better than Kobe, is better at drawing fouls and he obviously has the fresher legs at only 25, which will allow him to get buckets in transition. And I don't care what you tell me, being able to run the floor is essential for a 2. That's where you can get cheap, easy buckets. On the flip side, everything will be a grind for Kobe. No cheap, easy buckets via transition. I think people will be shocked at how much lift and explosion he has lost. No man beats father time, no matter how skilled you are. Kobe will be a shell of his prime. When you lose so much of your quickness, explosion and lift at this level, reality can set in in a hurry.

But how do we know he has lost any of that?
Chillbongo

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:23 pm

Chillbongo wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:

But how do we know he has lost any of that?

Easy. Even in 2012-13, he was starting to slow down in terms of lift and explosion. And that was pre-Achillies tear. And an Achillies tear is probably the worst injury to have which robs you of your explosion outside of a bad knee. Add in the fact that his legs have played the minutes of a 20 year vet and his legs are closer to a 40 year old. Unless if he's taking some high grade PEDs, the writing is on the wall.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:27 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:someone has spent too much time watching other teams than watching Kobe. Kobe hasn't relied on sheer quickness in years. He gets his buckets from footwork, post moves and pullups. He doesn't need quickness for that just the one thing father time leaves for last, his brains. It isn't a shock that the same people are coming in and going "doubt parade" but anyone that has watched the man play knows he will evolve his game to suit his abilities. Maybe he won't be 50 point Kobe but he will damn sure be "hold my jockstrap while I pee on you Harden" Kobe.

And you are right. That's why I still think he can be an MJ Wizard type player. About 20 ppg via jumpers, fade aways and the post game. His immense skill level will still allow him to be an effective scorer in stretches. But that still doesn't change the current status of his legs and mileage on them, which will affect his overall game and how he can impact the game.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:30 pm

And Kobe tore his left Achillies, which is the plant foot for a right handed player anytime they jump.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby wallangong on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:01 pm

^ 12-13 was the year Kobe regained some explosiveness. It was like he went back in time a couple years. It was also his most efficient season ever. Your argument doesn't really hold up under scrutiny.

And in regards to his mileage, he also hasn't played heavy minutes in almost a year and a half. So there's just as much chance at him looking rejuvenated as there is of him losing another step.
Go Buffs.
wallangong

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:30 pm

wallangong wrote:^ 12-13 was the year Kobe regained some explosiveness. It was like he went back in time a couple years. It was also his most efficient season ever. Your argument doesn't really hold up under scrutiny.

And in regards to his mileage, he also hasn't played heavy minutes in almost a year and a half. So there's just as much chance at him looking rejuvenated as there is of him losing another step.

True about the explosion. That's why the thought of PED use crossed my mind.

But no one can see the future on Kobe. It's just my take.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:54 am

Kobe is skinny again...that was fast.

http://postimg.org/image/nkr5pux03/
Jazzygirl205

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:10 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Kobe is skinny again...that was fast.

He wasn't fat to begin with ... :man10: man that TMZ picture really fooled some people :man11:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby TIME on Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:53 am

DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:

He wasn't fat to begin with ... :man10: man that TMZ picture really fooled some people :man11:

Nah man, he is for sure fat. He's the guy second from the right in that pic right?
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:01 am

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: Now Kobe is too skinny. He is going to get beat up on the block with bigger guys and then his free throw shooting will be off because of the abuse. We will not win anything with this bone thin Kobe. God, why can't he just do whats best for the team :mad1:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:03 am

:man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:09 am

TIME wrote:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24 wrote:

Nah man, he is for sure fat. He's the guy second from the right in that pic right?

Damn he looks old too.

Social Security Mamba.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:12 am

http://www.LetMambaEat.com
Please, think of the children.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am

As he travels down the long winded path toward pursuing greatness, Kobe Bryant consults material that no coach trainer, or game film could ever reveal. The Lakers’ star also seeks inspiration from people who have thrived in areas away from basketball.

Bryant frequently talks with Nike’s chief executive officer Mark Parker. Bryant has chatted with Apple’s lead designer Jony Ive. Bryant has recently consulted media monguls Oprah Winfrey and Arianna Huffington. Bryant has a long-lasting friendship with actress Hilary Swank.

“I just cold call people,” Bryant told Bloomberg News in the video above. “I cold call people and pick their brain about stuff. Some of the questions I ask seem really really simple and some of them seem stupid, quite honestly, for them. But if I don’t know, I don’t know. I have to ask. I’ll just do that and ask questions. I want to learn more about how they build their business and how they run their companies and how they see the world.”

Bryant asks these questions for a few reasons. He advanced toward the beginning stages of constructing his own business brand titled Kobe Inc. Bryant also wants to see how he can apply the preparation and vision those leaders have shown in various fields into his own basketball game. It turns out some of those people feel the same way about Bryant.

“Jony wanted to know how do I prepare?” said Bryant, who confirmed he visited the Apple headquarters. “How do I study and view the game? How do you build your game? My response is much like the way he builds products. You think sequentially. Yeah, you look at the end result in which you want to create. But in order to create that, there’s so many little things that go into this massive entity and device. Its’ no different than building a basketball game. You start with what you want your game to be, what will make your game most unstoppable or hard to deal with and then you work backwards from there. You start building one piece at a time, one move at a time, one counter at a time. There’s a lot of similarities.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/07/22/kobe-bryant-seeks-inspiration-from-business-leaders/
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:41 pm

therealdeal wrote:
As he travels down the long winded path toward pursuing greatness, Kobe Bryant consults material that no coach trainer, or game film could ever reveal. The Lakers’ star also seeks inspiration from people who have thrived in areas away from basketball.

Bryant frequently talks with Nike’s chief executive officer Mark Parker. Bryant has chatted with Apple’s lead designer Jony Ive. Bryant has recently consulted media monguls Oprah Winfrey and Arianna Huffington. Bryant has a long-lasting friendship with actress Hilary Swank.

“I just cold call people,” Bryant told Bloomberg News in the video above. “I cold call people and pick their brain about stuff. Some of the questions I ask seem really really simple and some of them seem stupid, quite honestly, for them. But if I don’t know, I don’t know. I have to ask. I’ll just do that and ask questions. I want to learn more about how they build their business and how they run their companies and how they see the world.”

Bryant asks these questions for a few reasons. He advanced toward the beginning stages of constructing his own business brand titled Kobe Inc. Bryant also wants to see how he can apply the preparation and vision those leaders have shown in various fields into his own basketball game. It turns out some of those people feel the same way about Bryant.

“Jony wanted to know how do I prepare?” said Bryant, who confirmed he visited the Apple headquarters. “How do I study and view the game? How do you build your game? My response is much like the way he builds products. You think sequentially. Yeah, you look at the end result in which you want to create. But in order to create that, there’s so many little things that go into this massive entity and device. Its’ no different than building a basketball game. You start with what you want your game to be, what will make your game most unstoppable or hard to deal with and then you work backwards from there. You start building one piece at a time, one move at a time, one counter at a time. There’s a lot of similarities.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2014/07/22/kobe-bryant-seeks-inspiration-from-business-leaders/

Thanks for posting this. Good stuff
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:00 pm

trodgers wrote:http://www.LetMambaEat.com

Awww man…..I think from that name for the link I NEED to see this. :man10: :man10: :man10:

But it's not working for me? Anyone else having any luck?
LTLakerFan

Postby strategos on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:36 pm

therealdeal wrote:

Excuse me for the off-topic, but is Kobe wearing a lipstic in this video?

Anyway, can't wait to se him in action again :jam2: We cannot have 3 years in a row of injury after injury, this team with a healthy roster will surprise a lot of people.
strategos

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:37 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
trodgers wrote:http://www.LetMambaEat.com

Awww man…..I think from that name for the link I NEED to see this. :man10: :man10: :man10:

But it's not working for me? Anyone else having any luck?

It's a joke - no such link. I was kidding! :man10:
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion