Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:27 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
trodgers wrote:http://www.LetMambaEat.com
Please, think of the children.

Awww man…..I think from that name for the link I NEED to see this. :man10: :man10: :man10:

But it's not working for me? Anyone else having any luck?

:man11: he just made that link up, there is nothing to see there
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:44 pm

:man5:
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:34 am

Kobe Bryant's new company is setting up shop in the famed basketball player's hometown. Council members authorized the sale Tuesday of a city-owned property in Newport Beach to Kobe Inc. for use as its headquarters. The roughly one-acre site, at 1499 Monrovia Ave., includes a 16,550-square-foot office building, where Road and Track Magazine used to operate. It was sold for $5.8 million, according to Times Community News. "I am thrilled Mr. Bryant chose Newport Beach," Councilman Keith Curry said. Los Angeles Times - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.3m9ybTKU.dpuf
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Savory Griddles on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:44 am

therealdeal wrote:
Kobe Bryant's new company is setting up shop in the famed basketball player's hometown. Council members authorized the sale Tuesday of a city-owned property in Newport Beach to Kobe Inc. for use as its headquarters. The roughly one-acre site, at 1499 Monrovia Ave., includes a 16,550-square-foot office building, where Road and Track Magazine used to operate. It was sold for $5.8 million, according to Times Community News. "I am thrilled Mr. Bryant chose Newport Beach," Councilman Keith Curry said. Los Angeles Times - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.3m9ybTKU.dpuf

Well, why would you leave Newport Beach voluntarily? It's like paradise for rich people.
Savory Griddles

Postby Weezy on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:47 pm

One of the greatest one on one players of all time says Kobe is this generations Michael Jordan

http://instagram.com/p/qsXzkAwMCF/?modal=true

I like that even though the media hates Kobe, the actual players all respect him and know how damn good he is. A few other recent examples being Ed Davis saying real ball players know Kobe > LeBron, and Durant saying this

“He’s the greatest of all time,” said Durant. “His skill is second to none. Him and MJ are neck and neck as far as skill. You can put in athleticism and be the best passer and strongest and quickest. That’s why Kobe is the top two best ever in just having skill, footwork, shooting the three, shooting the pull up, posting up, dunking on guys, and ball handling. It’s flat out skill. Him and Jordan are 1 and 1A.”

Durant also downplayed his and his peers’ own accomplishments in light of Bryant’s career saying that “what guys are doing now is nothing compared to what he did. Me, Carmelo, LeBron, Paul George — what we’ve done out there in this league is nothing compared to what Kobe did.”

Not a lot of purpose to posting all this, but hey, somebody had to counterbalance all the LeBron love. Who will if we won't?
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby TIME on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:54 pm

Weezy wrote:One of the greatest one on one players of all time says Kobe is this generations Michael Jordan

http://instagram.com/p/qsXzkAwMCF/?modal=true

I like that even though the media hates Kobe, the actual players all respect him and know how damn good he is. A few other recent examples being Ed Davis saying real ball players know Kobe > LeBron, and Durant saying this

“He’s the greatest of all time,” said Durant. “His skill is second to none. Him and MJ are neck and neck as far as skill. You can put in athleticism and be the best passer and strongest and quickest. That’s why Kobe is the top two best ever in just having skill, footwork, shooting the three, shooting the pull up, posting up, dunking on guys, and ball handling. It’s flat out skill. Him and Jordan are 1 and 1A.”

Durant also downplayed his and his peers’ own accomplishments in light of Bryant’s career saying that “what guys are doing now is nothing compared to what he did. Me, Carmelo, LeBron, Paul George — what we’ve done out there in this league is nothing compared to what Kobe did.”

Not a lot of purpose to posting all this, but hey, somebody had to counterbalance all the LeBron love. Who will if we won't?

I've always liked KD! :jam2:
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby trodgers on Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 pm

What did Crawford say?
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby therealdeal on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:17 pm

trodgers wrote:What did Crawford say?

He called Kobe the Michael Jordan of this generation and one of his favorite basketball players of all time.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:10 pm

therealdeal wrote:
trodgers wrote:What did Crawford say?

He called Kobe the Michael Jordan of this generation and one of his favorite basketball players of all time.

yeah. Kobe and Crawford have always been close
Battle Tested20

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:16 pm

Crawford? Sorry am spacing and not recalling who we are talking about?
LTLakerFan

Postby Battle Tested20 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:24 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:Crawford? Sorry am spacing and not recalling who we are talking about?

Jamal Crawford
Battle Tested20

Postby jbiggs on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:20 am

dunno if its posted yet or not but dwyane wade had this recently to say about kobe.

when asked who his favorite player to play against was he said

"Well, it used to be Kobe Bryant...the second best all time...now, I have a new favorite player to play against...my former teammate, LeBron James."

As I've seen people post before...game recognize game :jam2: :bow:
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:32 am

Bron gonna get a broke nose
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby thkthebest on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:41 am

I don't think this was posted either, but Barkley also said Kobe is greater than LeBron:

I always find it fascinating. I told Kobe Bryant, 'Did he die or something?' because LeBron has two championships, and they just forget that Kobe has five. And they’re like how good is he compared to Michael Jordan, I say Kobe still got more. I think LeBron is closer to catching Kobe than he is Michael.

He starts listing his top 10 around 10:25. That quote around the 10:55 mark.
My signature
thkthebest

Postby LakersN4 on Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:52 am

jbiggs wrote:dunno if its posted yet or not but dwyane wade had this recently to say about kobe.

when asked who his favorite player to play against was he said

"Well, it used to be Kobe Bryant...the second best all time...now, I have a new favorite player to play against...my former teammate, LeBron James."

As I've seen people post before...game recognize game :jam2: :bow:

Wade learned well form Shaq :man10:
LakersN4

Postby JSM on Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:07 pm

:man3: Did that not jump out at anyone else as random as hell? I didn't think they ran in the same circles. That'd be an odd conversation to ease drop on. They talk about the training she did for Million Dollar Baby?
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Magic Skywalker on Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:05 pm

Gilbert Arenas had an interview and talked about Kobe:

Interview with Gilbert Arenas [Classic]. On the mental aspect of Kobe's game: ''If he works out with you, he's not working out with you to make you better, he's working out with you to see what you can't do.''
Kobe will measure you, gauge you, ''mess with you'': ''That's what makes him the best.''

Gilbert talks about a story where Carmelo is ''giggling and laughing'', because [his team is winning] and he is leading the league [at the time]. Kobe said to Carmelo ''I don't know why you're laughing, you are not going to lead the league in scoring, I am.'' Carmelo laughed it off, but Gilbert goes on to talk about the mental seed planted.

''That's what makes that player better than everyone else, what made Jordan better than everyone else. He believed in himself so much that he made you believe in him.''

''I guarantee you that at that time, Carmelo was like 'yeah right', but when he went home he thought about it, and it makes him think about it, it's mental, everytime Kobe scores 50, Melo is thinking about it.''

''Basketball, sports, it's mental, and people don't realize that, it's what separates stars from superstars. You can name any player that has the talent, but they just don't have the mental [aspect] to go with the talent.''

http://www.stack.com/video/1394648210/gil-arenas-on-what-makes-kobe-bryant-great/
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:24 am

Talent but not the mental aspect? Sound like anyone you know, Gil? :man10:

Those are great quotes though. I remember when Gil outdueled Kobe in that ridiculous game around Christmas in 2006. I think Gil hit 60, outscored Kobe, and the Lakers lost. Arenas was really, really good.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby trodgers on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Kobe never be passing.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby TIME on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:05 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Image

Yet he is widely painted as the most selfish among those players.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:19 pm

trodgers wrote:Kobe never be passing.

:man10:
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:07 pm

He only got those by accident and because he had Shaq and Pau.... Plus if you look at usage he has the ball more so he should have more. Assist # dont tell the whole story. You need advanced stats to tell the story of how Kobe is a ballhog
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:18 pm

I'm going to assume that isn't a graphic ESPN put up. if it were it would say "most career assists starting from the 2003 season" and they'd pick a group of players that for sure put LeBron on top.

MJ's number is impressive though, considering he missed most of his 2nd season to injury (played 18 games), only played 17 games when he first came out of retirement, and was old when he was in Washington he really played 12/13 seasons depending on how you look at it, and then the 2 seasons in Washington. That's impressive compared to Kareem's 20, Malone's 19, and Kobe's 17/18. Wilts the same as Jordan at 15 seasons. Not really on topic, but I'm still always blown away by Magic's assist total considering his relatively short career.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:55 pm

JSM wrote:

:man3: Did that not jump out at anyone else as random as hell? I didn't think they ran in the same circles. That'd be an odd conversation to ease drop on. They talk about the training she did for Million Dollar Baby?

Swank showed up at many games I believe during the 2009 playoffs and the year after...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion