Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby TIME on Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:47 pm

My reaction to the recent posts in this thread:

I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9475
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:27 pm

Savory Griddles wrote:
LAKEROC wrote:I am asking a viable question. Whether you are incapable of eliciting even a truncated response, to that question, shows a fundamental lack of speculative cognition and understanding on your part. While you may speak with such vivacious certitude that Mr. Bryant has no chance of being traded from the Lakers organization, I believe the question warrants an adroit and equitable response.


Sweet. Looking forward to more LAKEROC posts now that he's discovered http://thesaurus.com.

By the way, a viable question is which brewery is better, Stone or Deschutes? Or maybe which Joker was better, Heath Ledger or Jack Nicholson? "Can we like ship 36 year old Laker legend Kobe Bryant to f---ing Salt Lake City, Utah for a highly touted rookie?" is not viable. It's about as viable as Janet Reno would be as a porn star.

I choose jack by a landslide
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30603
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby MadMax on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:57 pm

LAKEROC has been trolling this place for years. I'm just not sure he's aware of it.
User avatar
MadMax

 
Posts: 13889
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby jlkr on Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:30 pm

LAKEROC wrote:I am asking a viable question. Whether you are incapable of eliciting even a truncated response, to that question, shows a fundamental lack of speculative cognition and understanding on your part. While you may speak with such vociferous certitude that Mr. Bryant has no chance of being traded from the Lakers organization, I believe the question warrants an adroit and equitable response.

a magnificiently and adroitly truncated prevarication with vociferously justified cognitive dissonance.




tl;dr: specious!
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
User avatar
jlkr

 
Posts: 4201
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: your friendly neighborhood bar

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:43 am

Just looking back.....

From 2013

Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11695
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby SFGOLDRUSHER on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:56 am

Feels weird to be in this position.. I dont want to have my expectations too low because this is KB24 were talking about, yet again I dont want to look like im delusional or a homer&have expectations too high. So, w/that being said. Over or under Kobe Bryant averaging 24 pts a a game? :man12: Im taking the over,5-7 FG's+10 FT's for one of the GOATS? Hard to doubt him.
User avatar
SFGOLDRUSHER

 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:28 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby kenzo on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:41 pm

I have him at around 22-24 ppg. No way he shoots 10 FT's a game though...
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5973
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:44 pm

SFGOLDRUSHER wrote:Feels weird to be in this position.. I dont want to have my expectations too low because this is KB24 were talking about, yet again I dont want to look like im delusional or a homer&have expectations too high. So, w/that being said. Over or under Kobe Bryant averaging 24 pts a a game? :man12: Im taking the over,5-7 FG's+10 FT's for one of the GOATS? Hard to doubt him.

The number I keep hearing is 20 coming from all the talking heads, but I'm thinking closer to your number and maybe more like 25 or 26.

There's no one else on the roster that can be a reliable offensive creator for the team! :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40417
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby SFGOLDRUSHER on Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:56 pm

therealdeal wrote:
SFGOLDRUSHER wrote:Feels weird to be in this position.. I dont want to have my expectations too low because this is KB24 were talking about, yet again I dont want to look like im delusional or a homer&have expectations too high. So, w/that being said. Over or under Kobe Bryant averaging 24 pts a a game? :man12: Im taking the over,5-7 FG's+10 FT's for one of the GOATS? Hard to doubt him.

The number I keep hearing is 20 coming from all the talking heads, but I'm thinking closer to your number and maybe more like 25 or 26.

There's no one else on the roster that can be a reliable offensive creator for the team! :man10:


I just thought 24PPG was a good Vegas type number haha. But at the end of the day IF he can average that&IMOPO he will because knowing Kobe,he wouldnt put himself in the position to make himself look bad and to give people a reason to say he should retire or hes washed up...thats 1/4 of the points to win an NBA game. Motivation,energy,scrappyness&dedication to play aggressive all while being team players for a squad like this is going to be vital.
User avatar
SFGOLDRUSHER

 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:28 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:17 pm

kenzo wrote:I have him at around 22-24 ppg. No way he shoots 10 FT's a game though...


I totally agree with the 10 FTs a game not happening. Kobe this year will play some pick and roll but mainly operate in that low post area. As far as ppg, I think he'll be at 24-26
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11695
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby therealdeal on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:59 pm

I just remember that Kobe has said he'd never stick around if he was just a 20 ppg guy, so I'm sure he'll be aiming for more than that unless he plans on being a 20/10 guy.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40417
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby SFGOLDRUSHER on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:32 pm

therealdeal wrote:I just remember that Kobe has said he'd never stick around if he was just a 20 ppg guy, so I'm sure he'll be aiming for more than that unless he plans on being a 20/10 guy.


Agreed. Another thing I just thought about...No im not playing or thinking this is NBA live lol. Why cant Kobe play the PG role on offense&have Lin,Young at SG&SF? Would give us a "big" line up that would help on D too IMOPO. Just a thought,whatre yours on this? Pros&cons?
User avatar
SFGOLDRUSHER

 
Posts: 31
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:28 pm
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby Lakers79 on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:23 pm

therealdeal wrote:I just remember that Kobe has said he'd never stick around if he was just a 20 ppg guy, so I'm sure he'll be aiming for more than that unless he plans on being a 20/10 guy.


I pray that Kobe gets 20/10, as that would mean that he trusts his teammates and that we'd be getting a big year out of at least 2 other teammates. (Possibly Lin and Randle)
User avatar
Lakers79

 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 3:15 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Kobe needs to save his legs and not advance the ball every time. He' probably better at SG on on offense, where he can post up other SGs who can't defend post-ups well. On defense, he's probably better muscling up SFs than chasing PGs and SGs around.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

 
Posts: 3141
Joined: Sun May 07, 2006 11:59 pm
Location: Hollywood

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby BadCoaching on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:45 am

I look for a very hard struggling season as a team.. and I look for a big personal stats line from Kobe. I really think he wants his name back in the discussion as one of the leagues best again. I think he'll be over 25ppg this season, probably closer to 28.

It's sad he'll kill himself and risk injury to maybe barely make the playoffs to only get slaughtered in the first round.. and that really seems best case scenario at this point.

He's gone from chasing titles to chasing the first round with a group of not so good players.. sucks.
User avatar
BadCoaching

 
Posts: 4221
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:07 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby Lakers79 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:48 am

BadCoaching wrote:I look for a very hard struggling season as a team.. and I look for a big personal stats line from Kobe. I really think he wants his name back in the discussion as one of the leagues best again. I think he'll be over 25ppg this season, probably closer to 28.

It's sad he'll kill himself and risk injury to maybe barely make the playoffs to only get slaughtered in the first round.. and that really seems best case scenario at this point.

He's gone from chasing titles to chasing the first round with a group of not so good players.. sucks.


I think that's actually the worst possible case scenario (aside from finishing outside of the top 5 draft picks). One and done playoff run, lost draft pick, Kobe risks injury, minimizing the majority of the guys around him...all just to play 4 or 5 extra games.
User avatar
Lakers79

 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 3:15 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby Lakers79 on Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:48 am

BadCoaching wrote:I look for a very hard struggling season as a team.. and I look for a big personal stats line from Kobe. I really think he wants his name back in the discussion as one of the leagues best again. I think he'll be over 25ppg this season, probably closer to 28.

It's sad he'll kill himself and risk injury to maybe barely make the playoffs to only get slaughtered in the first round.. and that really seems best case scenario at this point.

He's gone from chasing titles to chasing the first round with a group of not so good players.. sucks.


I think that's actually the worst possible case scenario (aside from finishing outside of the top 5 draft picks). One and done playoff run, lost draft pick, Kobe risks injury, minimizing the majority of the guys around him...all just to play 4 or 5 extra games.
User avatar
Lakers79

 
Posts: 89
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 3:15 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby therealdeal on Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:59 am

SFGOLDRUSHER wrote:
therealdeal wrote:I just remember that Kobe has said he'd never stick around if he was just a 20 ppg guy, so I'm sure he'll be aiming for more than that unless he plans on being a 20/10 guy.


Agreed. Another thing I just thought about...No im not playing or thinking this is NBA live lol. Why cant Kobe play the PG role on offense&have Lin,Young at SG&SF? Would give us a "big" line up that would help on D too IMOPO. Just a thought,whatre yours on this? Pros&cons?

I think he definitely will. Now seeing that we haven't picked up a legitimate backup PG (assuming Nash plays his requisite 10 games) and hearing what Byron said at his press conference, I think there's a great chance that Kobe plays some PG this season.

Maybe he doesn't create from the perimeter like he used to, but I could see him at the mid-post with a pick and roll play to Davis/Boozer/Hill.

I used the 20/10 number because he's said he could do it if he wanted to and I think that's the ONLY way he scores around 20 points per game.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40417
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby SK8 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:46 pm

Kobe Bryant @kobebryant · 37m
Yes, I saw @darrenrovell @DwyaneWade and @derekfisher challenge me and yes I will take the challenge! #IceBucketChallenge today.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:22 pm

Lakers' Kobe Bryant Does ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in a Tub

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2166226-lakers-kobe-bryant-does-als-ice-bucket-challenge?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

The guy is always taking it a step further than his competition, his competitive spirit is always with him :man9:
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11695
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby Ras Algethi on Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:07 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Lakers' Kobe Bryant Does ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in a Tub

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2166226-lakers-kobe-bryant-does-als-ice-bucket-challenge?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming

The guy is always taking it a step further than his competition, his competitive spirit is always with him :man9:


LOL, thats Kobe. People just dump buckets on themselves, Kobe submerges his entire body in a what 10 degree ice bath?
Image
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
User avatar
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 18077
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:11 pm
Location: Laker Land

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby kenzo on Sun Aug 17, 2014 11:43 pm

I hope he donated some money as well :man12:
User avatar
kenzo

 
Posts: 5973
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:06 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby laakers on Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:04 am

Wade challenged Kobe? Interesting, maybe we pick him up for cheap?
User avatar
laakers

 
Posts: 2869
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:27 pm
Location: My home

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby MadMax on Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:49 am

Kobe :jam2:
User avatar
MadMax

 
Posts: 13889
Joined: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: The Beach Cities

Re: Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Postby jlkr on Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:43 am

Cannot stay very long in 48 degree water. Hypothermia happens quickly at that temp. But wow ...
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

--Robert Frost
User avatar
jlkr

 
Posts: 4201
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:19 pm
Location: your friendly neighborhood bar

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 16 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.