Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:13 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:LeBron isn't that far off from Kobe and imo it's pretty much a given he will pass him. He'll probably win 3-4 rings and win FMVP in all of them while continuing to win MVP awards and pile up ridiculous stats. And there's really no threat in the league other than Durant.


WTF :man4:

I have honestly seen postings that made me wonder what someone is talking about on this board. I have seen postings that made me wonder if someone was on serious drugs and needed help. I have seen posting that made me question the actualitity of a posters ability to speak to the opposite sex let alone be intimate with one on this board. None of them have equated to the look I just gave my computer screen when I read this.....

I won't knock a persons belief that Lebron is the best in the game today. Heck the guy is amazing player. I also won't knock if some says KD is the best in the game ( I like him more than Lebron personally). I will however knock someone saying that Lebron is just going to get 3-4 more rings, a couple more FMVPs and become the best to ever do it. That is blowing way to much of the ESPN pipe machine. Do you realize how hard it is to win a championship let alone mulitples? Some of our greatest players have never won even ONE. Patrick Eweing, Barkley, Malone, Stockton are all amazing players in their times and won zip. Go back further and there are names riddled in the HOF that don't have rings. Are you saying that the Heat will 4-peat? THat is nuts. Even if Lebron bolted Miami and came to my beloved Lakers the idea that he would simply win not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 more rings is a level of arrogance that even "Check My Stats" probably won't do (again). I hope you were just pulling peoples legs with this one.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby borri on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:18 pm

Weezy wrote:
borri wrote:
Weezy wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:LeBron isn't that far off from Kobe and imo it's pretty much a given he will pass him. He'll probably win 3-4 rings and win FMVP in all of them while continuing to win MVP awards and pile up ridiculous stats. And there's really no threat in the league other than Durant.


So Kobe can't pass or even equal Jordan in the media's/public's eyes even if he wins 7 titles, but LeBron can pass Kobe if he wins 3 or 4, ok. Kobe's had a better, longer carter, and still probably will when LeBron is done, I don't see him going 18 seasons. Give me prime Kobe over prime LeBron as well, if Kobe had a "superteam" around him in his prime he'd have a few more rings as well.


Kobe did have a superteam. If only he and Shaq got along........ :man6:


I'm taking about his absolute prime, 04/05 - 09/10, 3 wasted years playing with scrubs, then 3 with a good team and we see the difference. It happens though, teams can't w loaded every single season, I don't blame the Lakers at all. When he did have a superteam, or even one other star with him and good role players we see the results, championships, finals appearances, or at least being a contender. Kobe won 2 titles with less than LeBron won his one with IMO.


Ah...Got it. Can't argue with this.
User avatar
borri

 
Posts: 8037
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:16 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:LeBron isn't that far off from Kobe and imo it's pretty much a given he will pass him. He'll probably win 3-4 rings and win FMVP in all of them while continuing to win MVP awards and pile up ridiculous stats. And there's really no threat in the league other than Durant.


WTF :man4:

I have honestly seen postings that made me wonder what someone is talking about on this board. I have seen postings that made me wonder if someone was on serious drugs and needed help. I have seen posting that made me question the actualitity of a posters ability to speak to the opposite sex let alone be intimate with one on this board. None of them have equated to the look I just gave my computer screen when I read this.....

I won't knock a persons belief that Lebron is the best in the game today. Heck the guy is amazing player. I also won't knock if some says KD is the best in the game ( I like him more than Lebron personally). I will however knock someone saying that Lebron is just going to get 3-4 more rings, a couple more FMVPs and become the best to ever do it. That is blowing way to much of the ESPN pipe machine. Do you realize how hard it is to win a championship let alone mulitples? Some of our greatest players have never won even ONE. Patrick Eweing, Barkley, Malone, Stockton are all amazing players in their times and won zip. Go back further and there are names riddled in the HOF that don't have rings. Are you saying that the Heat will 4-peat? THat is nuts. Even if Lebron bolted Miami and came to my beloved Lakers the idea that he would simply win not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 more rings is a level of arrogance that even "Check My Stats" probably won't do (again). I hope you were just pulling peoples legs with this one.


LeBron is better than all those players you mentioned and has been the best player in the league for years now with no one really there to threaten him (again only Durant but I don't think he's better). The reason LeBron is going to win multiple rings is because he's the best player in the league and probably will be for the next 3-4 years. Even when he's not the best player in the league he'll still have more opportunities to win championships. I don't know what you find so ridiculous about this, the best player in the league almost always walks away with multiple championships and history has shown that. Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Jordan, Hakeem, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, etc. Why do you think LeBron will be the exception?

Also when you throw in blatantly false statements like this

and become the best to ever do it


Are you saying that the Heat will 4-peat? THat is nuts.


Where did I say any of this? It's like you let your insecurity dictate your posts whenever LeBron's greatness is brought up that non sense like this just comes out.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:54 pm

Puffy hit the nail.

It's just hard to convince people with limited basketball acumen to understand. LeBron's exciting, and his stats give people something to talk about. Until we start talking about his titles, I'm not talking about him in the GOAT conversation. Or even top 5.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:55 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:LeBron is better than all those players you mentioned and has been the best player in the league for years now with no one really there to threaten him (again only Durant but I don't think he's better).

Please provide reasoning.
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:57 pm

therealdeal wrote:The heads on the radio said this (which I doubt, but it's a fun topic right now):

The first half of the season Kobe lead the league in scoring or close to it...

In the second half of the season what if Kobe lead the league in assists?

Would that be one of the greatest feats in NBA history? And if this lead to a playoff charge, would that be an MVP type of performance?

I think yes. But unfortuantely it all depends on our record. As I posted in the Durant for MVP thread, I think Durant wins MVP....unless the Lakeshow go 38-0. (57 wins)
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:06 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Puffy hit the nail.

It's just hard to convince people with limited basketball acumen to understand. LeBron's exciting, and his stats give people something to talk about. Until we start talking about his titles, I'm not talking about him in the GOAT conversation. Or even top 5.


He didn't hit anything, this is a Laker forum where people will naturally be biased towards Kobe.
User avatar
JoelMyersScrotalSack

 
Posts: 6778
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:10 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby last stand on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:18 pm

therealdeal wrote:The heads on the radio said this (which I doubt, but it's a fun topic right now):

The first half of the season Kobe lead the league in scoring or close to it...

In the second half of the season what if Kobe lead the league in assists?

Would that be one of the greatest feats in NBA history? And if this lead to a playoff charge, would that be an MVP type of performance?


50 wins chirp chirp chirp as the chicken heads always say
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

 
Posts: 7502
Joined: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:43 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:29 pm

"JoelMyersScrotalSack"
LeBron is better than all those players you mentioned and has been the best player in the league for years now with no one really there to threaten him (again only Durant but I don't think he's better).

Hmm, arguable but thats not the point now is it. Being the "best" player doesn't mean championships. I made an example that you obviously missed when I listed a few players who are considered All Time Greats that don't have a single ring, not one, none, zip, zilch and nada. Kobe Bryant was considered the best in basketball for several years and got bounced two years in a row by the Suns. Point? Being the "best" doesn't mean winning.

The reason LeBron is going to win multiple rings is because he's the best player in the league and probably will be for the next 3-4 years.

That is awesome. Question. If Lebron James has been the best player in the league and was for the past few years as you stated..... How come he only has one ring? Was he letting others just win or did that time just not count? Maybe he was waiting to hit his prime which in NBA years is 27-32 as I hear it. Is that it, was Lebron waiting to hit his prime so that is why he got one ring finally?

Even when he's not the best player in the league he'll still have more opportunities to win championships.

Hmmm, you didn't say have a chance. Hell Gary Payton had many chances to win and finally got one on his very last chance. So are you saying the so-called Greatest to Ever Play the game LBJ is going to become a tailcoat rider to a Championship? Thats a pretty steep fall for GOAT don't you think?

I don't know what you find so ridiculous about this, the best player in the league almost always walks away with multiple championships and history has shown that. Kobe, Duncan, Shaq, Jordan, Hakeem, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Russell, etc.

You are right they all did and Lebron could very well get multiple rings. However, the point that you missed (again) is that one Championship let alone multiple is not a given. How is that hard to comprehend?

Why do you think LeBron will be the exception?

Here let me see:
1. Nothing is a given especially Championship oppertunities.
2. Injuries change a lot of things... Do the Lakers lose in 04 if Malone is healthy?
3. As great as Lebron is there are others as good (see your own statement about KD)
4. Other teams have a say in it.... Do the Heat win if Russel Westprick doesn't go full-retard in the Finals?

Also when you throw in blatantly false statements like this

and become the best to ever do it


Are you saying that the Heat will 4-peat? THat is nuts.


Well now this is interesting... I simply used what you said to form that opinion. Hell I don't even have to go to your original post to find where you implied he is the greatest and going to pass everyone not named MJ as a given to show you. Hmm, where shall I go? I know lets look at this statement:

The reason LeBron is going to win multiple rings is because he's the best player in the league and probably will be for the next 3-4 years.

Ahh yes, there that one will work. You see where you say he is the best player and will be for the next 3-4 years? Well, that implies that being the best will get him the rings. Since you alread said he will win mulitiples as if its a given but his window, again according to you is 3-4 years, then it must mean that Miami Heat will in fact 4-peat. You said it. Or is it my insecurites. eh.

Where did I say any of this? It's like you let your insecurity dictate your posts whenever LeBron's greatness is brought up that non sense like this just comes out.

Speaking of insecurities... It looks like my inability to, as boss said in Shawshank Redemtion, swallow whats put in my mouth has gotten the best of me again. Obviously, I was so insecure that I attacked your post with a bunch of emoticons and name calling with no real content. Oh wait, I did give you content. Pointed out the over statements of your post that you stated as "facts" which cannot be proven or supported. You call it insecurities and logical people call it wiping the crap off the bottom of my shoe. You don't want me to call your post for what it is then don't leave it on the ground for me to step on. I rather be insecure and right than have false insecurities making wild statements that can't be supported. But thats just me.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:33 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:
Chillbongo wrote:Puffy hit the nail.

It's just hard to convince people with limited basketball acumen to understand. LeBron's exciting, and his stats give people something to talk about. Until we start talking about his titles, I'm not talking about him in the GOAT conversation. Or even top 5.


He didn't hit anything, this is a Laker forum where people will naturally be biased towards Kobe.


Funny I don't think I really mentioned Kobe in a comparison form in my response. In fact, I didn't even say Kobe was better than Lebron. In fact (#2) I didn't even mention Kobe in my response to you at all. I attacked your notion of multiple rings being a given even giving you examples of great players who haven't won one ring. You brought Kobe into the conversation because of what ever fanhood dream of yours he destroyed. Maybe I am not the one who is sensitive over their favorite player, just sayin.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Dead legs

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:33 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:
King of Clutch wrote:I still don't understand how kobe averages more assists than wade, durant, and melo, etc., and still gets the most crap about not being a passer. It kinda sorta makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER. How the heck does this happen? Media brainwashing, or just plain stupidity?



I used to say Kobe is the best passer of all time... but whatever


Whoa....whoa....whoa. Magic, Nash and Pistol Pete say hello! Maybe Bird and LBJ (eventually when all is said and done with him).....say hello. Probably others I am omitting. Kobe "can be" excellent, but the difficult, eyes in the back of passer's head, off the chart incredible, consistently executed passing skills some of these others had are beyond Kobe's high per cent successful skills.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6334
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:42 pm



Hey....CL pet peeve.....If you are going to copy a long article by someone and paste it into our discussions, right up front please tell us who it is written by or from. Haven't read this yet but had to go into link at bottom to see it's from "J.A." That might be enough to keep some of us from wanting to even read. You know.....like Simers, Plaschke, Adande. :man1: Now I will read it and see if he got something reasonably right for a change.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6334
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:00 pm

Lakeshow24 wrote::man10: Didn't Shaq once claim he disliked David Robinson because he snubbed a teenage Shaq for an autograph or something?

Funny how Shaq grows up and dunks all over David Robinson as a pro.


Yes and yes. But I was always uncomfortable watching Shaq the "bully" operate on our team. Just because nature somehow blessed him with elite 260lb athleticism in a 320lb hulk of a body he felt "they" were wimping out when they couldn't match his strength, mass and elbows. Easy to talk when you are the freak that was 50lbs heavier and much stronger than your competition.
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6334
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:05 pm

therealdeal wrote:Well Durant has Kobe's mentality scoring the ball, but far more talent on that end. The dude's body is the weirdest thing in the league. He'll be a mismatch until the day he dies.

All around though, he's not as good as LeBron. I'd probably want Durant too just on likeability and I think he'd be more fun to root for.



:man10:
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6334
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:01 pm

From the 710 interview thread:
Chillbongo wrote:Marcellus: "Who is the best player in the NBA, yourself included"?

Kobe: "Come on now, you know I'm not gonna say anybody else"

THATS DAMN RIGHT KOBE ALPHA DOGG WOOT WOOT :jam2:
User avatar
Chillbongo

 
Posts: 3246
Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:36 pm

There were a few vocal individuals on SLAMONLINE that said LeBron vs Jordan is a better argument than people comparing Kobe to Jordan. They also said all LeBron really needs is 2 more rings 4 in total to surpass Jordan and Kobe in their opinion. Not 5 or six just a minimum of3 or 4 in all. No one cared to mention him needing to win without any other player by his side, no with holding giving him his anointing or anything? I think the MVP
total have a lot to do with them which is understandable imo, I can agree with that part, but I didn't know all it took was like 4 rings to surpass MJ Kobe must be sick, lol. After all he still couldn't win one without Pau for pete's sake geesh, who is he :man12: :man1:
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby SK8 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:47 pm

Black Mamba Kobe Bryant calls Max & Marcellus and talks about taking on different rolls to help his team win. Kobe talks about the difficulty of showing patience. Kobe compares his relationship with Shaq to his relationship with Dwight. Kobe speaks on butting heads with Dwight.


http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8892234
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
User avatar
SK8

 
Posts: 1501
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby JLaker17 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:58 pm

It will be interesting to see if Kobe can keep this approach to games up. Really might be the difference in making this a season or not.
Image
User avatar
JLaker17

 
Posts: 1312
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:15 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Lakeshow24 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:04 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
therealdeal wrote:Well Durant has Kobe's mentality scoring the ball, but far more talent on that end. The dude's body is the weirdest thing in the league. He'll be a mismatch until the day he dies.

All around though, he's not as good as LeBron. I'd probably want Durant too just on likeability and I think he'd be more fun to root for.



:man10:


:man10: :man10:
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
Image
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
User avatar
Lakeshow24

 
Posts: 4635
Joined: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Battle Tested20 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:16 pm

Really good and long interview with Kobe when he called into the Max and Marcellus Show on ESPN 710. Make sure you you listen to it if you missed it.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/play?id=8892234
Image
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
User avatar
Battle Tested20

 
Posts: 11648
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:39 pm
Location: San Diego, CA (SDSU)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby King of Clutch on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Kobe's 2 rings alone, with pau gasol as his back up man, is more impressive than anything lbj has done so far in his entire career. Stop with all this lbj blasphemy. I honestly don't agree with the "best player on the planet" nonsense that keeps spewing from those stat nerds in the media, which has settled into the subconscious of the public.

From a basketball standpoint, Kevin Durant is CLEARLY the most dominant, dynamic, clutch, unstoppable, overall best player in the nba right now by about a mile. Even on the stat sheet, the man is averaging 30pts, 7.4rebs, 4.4assts, 1.2blocks. Shooting 52% from the field, 91% from the line, and 42% from 3 (only been done by a handful of people!!!) The only thing holding him back from being viewed as the best in the public eyes is westbrook. You make KD the primary ball handler, I could EASILY see the man averaging 30+ppg, 7+rpg, and 7+apg. And if he chooses to shoot more, he will just wreck the league. Mind you he's taking 18.5 shots per game, and scoring about 30ppg. Couple all this with the 50-40-90 percentage that only about 5 other players in league history can do, an extremely young age of 24 who has a core game capable of still dominating at 32+ yrs of age, and you have a player that has a legitimate chance of topping both kobe AND mj. IF there is a guy right now capable of topping those 2, its definitely him. Not lebron.

Lbj is 28, with one ring. You honestly think he can reel off 4 more rings (which he would need to top them), with KD being better (imo), or at least AT his level right now?!?! lol KD was just in the finals at age 23 last yr. If u ask me, KD is the guy who looks to have the better chance of being at the top of the history books.
User avatar
King of Clutch

 
Posts: 1363
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:00 am

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:12 pm

This is all i wanted from Kobe. To look to get everyone involved and make teams pay for paying too much attention to him. So the people saying me and others were bashing and hating him were off. I just wanted Kobe to maximize the talent on this team and for most of the season, he wasn't. He was getting his at the expense of the offense. Now, we are seeing how much more energetic everyone is because they know Kobe might go your way if you get open. Kobe has always been a great passer. He just didn't do it enough at times. I hope we see this version of Kobe from here on out. That's the only chance we have of doing anything great.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:This is all i wanted from Kobe. To look to get everyone involved and make teams pay for paying too much attention to him. So the people saying me and others were bashing and hating him were off. I just wanted Kobe to maximize the talent on this team and for most of the season, he wasn't. He was getting his at the expense of the offense. Now, we are seeing how much more energetic everyone is because they know Kobe might go your way if you get open. Kobe has always been a great passer. He just didn't do it enough at times. I hope we see this version of Kobe from here on out. That's the only chance we have of doing anything great.


No we weren't "off." Everyone knew as soon as the team started winning all you guys would come back from hiding and make these claims. Kobe is passing simply because his teammates are moving like they should of been all season long. The way Kobe and the team are playing has been oustanding and like everyone else from fan boys to haters a like it is something to behold. That being said, lets not become revisionist and act like "this was all I was saying" while ignoring the fact that his teammates actually started giving a damn. It was always his fault to some of you no matter what he did and that isn't going to be glossed over now that the rest of the guys decide to come with the same energy that Kobe, MWP, Clark and Hill have played with all year.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:41 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:This is all i wanted from Kobe. To look to get everyone involved and make teams pay for paying too much attention to him. So the people saying me and others were bashing and hating him were off. I just wanted Kobe to maximize the talent on this team and for most of the season, he wasn't. He was getting his at the expense of the offense. Now, we are seeing how much more energetic everyone is because they know Kobe might go your way if you get open. Kobe has always been a great passer. He just didn't do it enough at times. I hope we see this version of Kobe from here on out. That's the only chance we have of doing anything great.


No we weren't "off." Everyone knew as soon as the team started winning all you guys would come back from hiding and make these claims. Kobe is passing simply because his teammates are moving like they should of been all season long. The way Kobe and the team are playing has been oustanding and like everyone else from fan boys to haters a like it is something to behold. That being said, lets not become revisionist and act like "this was all I was saying" while ignoring the fact that his teammates actually started giving a damn. It was always his fault to some of you no matter what he did and that isn't going to be glossed over now that the rest of the guys decide to come with the same energy that Kobe, MWP, Clark and Hill have played with all year.


Whatever floats your boat buddy.
User avatar
Lets Go Lakers

 
Posts: 2847
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:58 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Whatever floats your boat buddy.

I don't own a boat so can it be whatever moves my car? I mean that would be more appropriate to my vehicular status and all. Of course if I did have a boat then it would have to be the "water" that would float it. Buddy ol pal of mine :jam2:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
User avatar
puffyusaf#2

 
Posts: 30529
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:15 pm
Location: Chasing the dream to an Oscar

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.