Kobe Bryant Discussion:#3 All Time!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:28 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:This is all i wanted from Kobe. To look to get everyone involved and make teams pay for paying too much attention to him. So the people saying me and others were bashing and hating him were off. I just wanted Kobe to maximize the talent on this team and for most of the season, he wasn't. He was getting his at the expense of the offense. Now, we are seeing how much more energetic everyone is because they know Kobe might go your way if you get open. Kobe has always been a great passer. He just didn't do it enough at times. I hope we see this version of Kobe from here on out. That's the only chance we have of doing anything great.

Man do you love patting yourself on the back. I just wish we were all as smart as you and could've seen this. :bow:
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:41 am

The Original 81 wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:This is all i wanted from Kobe. To look to get everyone involved and make teams pay for paying too much attention to him. So the people saying me and others were bashing and hating him were off. I just wanted Kobe to maximize the talent on this team and for most of the season, he wasn't. He was getting his at the expense of the offense. Now, we are seeing how much more energetic everyone is because they know Kobe might go your way if you get open. Kobe has always been a great passer. He just didn't do it enough at times. I hope we see this version of Kobe from here on out. That's the only chance we have of doing anything great.

Man do you love patting yourself on the back. I just wish we were all as smart as you and could've seen this. :bow:

I thought this stuff was just so blatantly obvious? Maybe if you're a Kobe fan, you might think he was never ball hogging but many Laker fans knew that Kobe was hurting the team as much as he was helping it. It's not rocket science. It's basketball 101. Play team ball. Move the ball. Move your body. Don't stay stagnant. It's justgood to see the talents of this team being maximized and it had to start with Kobe because he is the primary ball dominater on this team and what he does with it affects our whoe team.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:47 am

Some of the passes are Magic like...beautiful
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:55 am

therealdeal wrote:The heads on the radio said this (which I doubt, but it's a fun topic right now):

The first half of the season Kobe lead the league in scoring or close to it...

In the second half of the season what if Kobe lead the league in assists?

Would that be one of the greatest feats in NBA history? And if this lead to a playoff charge, would that be an MVP type of performance?

Please don't tell me you're going to get all giddy after two games like Ireland? You're too seasoned for that. Kobe's assist total will come back down the Earth. That's not the important thing. The important thing is that he continues to try to get others involved and make everyone else better. As long as he's doing that, we we'll be fine.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:01 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
therealdeal wrote:The heads on the radio said this (which I doubt, but it's a fun topic right now):

Would that be one of the greatest feats in NBA history? And if this lead to a playoff charge, would that be an MVP type of performance?

Please don't tell me you're going to get all giddy after two games like Ireland? You're too seasoned for that. Kobe's assist total will come back down the Earth. That's not the important thing. The important thing is that he continues to try to get others involved and make everyone else better. As long as he's doing that, we we'll be fine.

weird I thought the important thing was winning. How will we be fine when guys stop making shots? Are you guys gonna scream at Kobe for being to stubborn and sticking with the plan? Thats a real question because it is what happened only a few games ago people were screaming at Kobe to "shoot the damn ball cause (insert name) sucks." I love how cut and dry you make it, "Kobe just needs to make people better."
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby kenzo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:14 am

Just to clarify things... Kobe > Magic. Now back to you guys and your "usual stuff" in Kobe's thread:man9:
kenzo

Postby MC on Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:56 am

This is laughable ........ the reason they played better the last 2 games is because they are running inside out basketball and have guys MOVING off ball............

The COACH has the responsibility of putting his players in position to succeed. Hard to pass guys the ball when they are standing still watching a bunch of 1 man or 2 man ball........

That is what has to continue.......... the Bryant assists are irrelevant......... the total assists as a team will be there if they continue to move off ball which is the real # to watch; TEAM assists.

Too many single player agendas around here by some posters.....
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:04 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:

Don't tell me you're going to tell me how to post?

It was a hypothetical question meant to start conversation. Instead of being "above" the question, why not just answer it and havea good time? Obviously things will start to balance out, but that doesn't mean you can't have fun thinking about things like this. Especially in a season where fun times are few and far between.

As long as you're not going to scold me for posting something fun, we'll be fine.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 pm

So.....let's just all remember how amazing Kobe has been the last 2 games and how awesome that is for Laker basketball! :jam2: Because that's what really matters.

Kobe may or may not maintain the current level of assisting. 14 is a lot, and even Magic couldn't do that. But 10 is entirely possible. As is 7.

He could even drop back down to 5 once the defense adjusts to our scheme. Then we may see Nash bringing his assist total back up, and Kobe scoring around 25 ppg. But this is a Kobe discussion so lets just entertain the thoughts...
Chillbongo

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:13 pm

So.....let's just all remember how amazing Kobe has been the last 2 games and how awesome that is for Laker basketball! :jam2: Because that's what really matters.

Kobe may or may not maintain the current level of assisting. 14 is a lot, and even Magic couldn't do that. But 10 is entirely possible. As is 7.

He could even drop back down to 5 once the defense adjusts to our scheme. Then we may see Nash bringing his assist total back up, and Kobe scoring around 25 ppg. But this is a Kobe discussion so lets just entertain the thoughts...
Chillbongo

Postby Juronimo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:40 pm

Not only that, Kobe was not playing an all around game for much of the season. He was scoring but doing nothing else. With Kobe playing a complete game and truly taking leadership of this team, there is now an outside chance of making the playoffs. If he falls back into volume shooter mode, I think we're sunk guaranteed.

What's also important in making this work is that Mike 2 needs to back off. This team is not built to run run run and Kobe can't play 43 minutes a game. We're an older inside out team, not a fast breaking team. We have to play to our strengths and Mike 2 needs to coach to our strengths for this to work.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:45 pm

Tonight's game vs the hornets will tell us alot about Kobe...will he go out there and shoot first knowing how bad NO defense is or will he be looking to make plays for he's teammates...if he gets 7+assists for the game then Kobe is more about winning then anything else...if he goes out there and shoots 6fgs the first quarter then the last 2 games wit 14 assistants was just a fluke.
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby pound4pound1 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:04 pm

Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:06 pm

pound4pound1 wrote:Image

Action speak louder then words...lets see if he's mantality will change in tonight's game
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby therealdeal on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:10 pm

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:Tonight's game vs the hornets will tell us alot about Kobe...will he go out there and shoot first knowing how bad NO defense is or will he be looking to make plays for he's teammates...if he gets 7+assists for the game then Kobe is more about winning then anything else...if he goes out there and shoots 6fgs the first quarter then the last 2 games wit 14 assistants was just a fluke.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Yes. A game in the middle of his 17th season will determine whether or not Kobe is about winning more than anything else.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:27 pm

therealdeal wrote:
lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:Tonight's game vs the hornets will tell us alot about Kobe...will he go out there and shoot first knowing how bad NO defense is or will he be looking to make plays for he's teammates...if he gets 7+assists for the game then Kobe is more about winning then anything else...if he goes out there and shoots 6fgs the first quarter then the last 2 games wit 14 assistants was just a fluke.

:man10: :man10: :man10:

Yes. A game in the middle of his 17th season will determine whether or not Kobe is about winning more than anything else.

We all know he wants to win...What comes into question is how he chooses to win the games sometimes..shooting away or getting team mates involve
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:58 pm

here is a guy who knows nothing about Kobe. Period.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:06 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Whoa! Nice!

Anyways I'm not talking about Kobe's overall game since he's rookie year to date..I'm basically saying hopefully he keeps the same mentality he's had the previous 2 games....the last 2 games not the last 17 seasons.
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:23 pm

lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Whoa! Nice!

Anyways I'm not talking about Kobe's overall game since he's rookie year to date..I'm basically saying hopefully he keeps the same mentality he's had the previous 2 games....the last 2 games not the last 17 seasons.

How about hoping the team has the same mentality? Giving some arbitrary stats saying if he get 7+ assist shows he cares about winning. To get an assist someone has to make a shot off a pass.
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:38 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
lAKERfaNaticKID wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Whoa! Nice!

How about hoping the team has the same mentality? Giving some arbitrary stats saying if he get 7+ assist shows he cares about winning. To get an assist someone has to make a shot off a pass.

Ok maybe giving a assist number was far fetch BUT you can't deny the last 2 games Kobe has been playing differently then the beginning of the season..now he's breaking down the defense, trying to find the open man first, not shooting contestant shots as much, he's playing overall better IMO. Which in return gets the other players more confidence instead of always relying on Kobe to bail them out...maybe it's just me idk.
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:01 pm

^ No obviously he is playing with a different mentality. A different game plan. But the question is if teammates are going to keep hitting their shots.

Dwight will hopefully keep dunking lobs. Nash we can count on for jumpers.

What about Pau's hooks? Metta's 3's?

Meeks/Jamison 3's? Jamison floaters? Clark layups?
Chillbongo

Postby KB24 on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:02 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:How about hoping the team has the same mentality? Giving some arbitrary stats saying if he get 7+ assist shows he cares about winning. To get an assist someone has to make a shot off a pass.
:man10:

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:06 pm

^Jamison, Metta,& Meeks are rhythm players. We've seen each one of them go cold during a stretch of this season so far; although, Metta has been consistent for the most part. Nevertheless, when you have streaky shooters, there is going to be some nights when they just don't have it. That's what I'm interested in seeing how these Lakers respond when their shots are not falling.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:07 pm

Chillbongo wrote:^ No obviously he is playing with a different mentality. A different game plan. But the question is if teammates are going to keep hitting their shots.

Dwight will hopefully keep dunking lobs. Nash we can count on for jumpers.

What about Pau's hooks? Metta's 3's?

Meeks/Jamison 3's? Jamison floaters? Clark layups?

True. But I prefer this game plan then Kobe's going for 25-30fgs. That's just me tho
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:08 pm

dwighthowardsdad wrote:Nevertheless, when you have streaky shooters, there is going to be some nights when they just don't have it. That's what I'm interested in seeing how these Lakers respond when their shots are not falling.

^ Agro-Mamba. And rightfully so.

He can try getting looks for Nash/Dwight/Pau, but if they're not holding it down. He will have to go back to that scorer Mamba temporarily and i am completely fine with that.
Chillbongo

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion