Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: TripDub!

Postby bruddahmanmatt on Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:03 pm

KJ MonK wrote:^ any1 know what kobe and artest were yapping about when kobe was shooting clinching free throws in that game @ Houston a few yrs back? almost EXACT same scenario/score

also, why do radio announcers sit SO high? i was in a drive thru during those last 2 free throws so i had to listen to Ireland call the end, he mentioned nothing about Kobe and Wallace jawing at each other... could've been too far to see, but he made a big deal about what avery was saying to the ref so idk

:man10: :man10: :man10:
P&G
bruddahmanmatt

Postby bumrusherer on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:11 pm

Great great great season so far but 2 issues.

Overdribbling at times..probably because we dont have Nash, so it is somewhat understandable. But also, too many turnovers.
bumrusherer

Postby escobar8 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:40 pm

great game...only to many TO...but thats no surprise when our other guard morris cant creat ish for other players...to bad he didnt make last layup to make it 40...
escobar8

Postby gill on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:18 pm

Great game by Kob... but I just felt like him handling the ball all night just slowed everything down and killed any rhythm we had in the first 2 minutes of the game.

To be fair the bigs he was supposed to used on the p-n-r did a piss poor job. It's like they were stuck in mud on the way to the basket.
gill

Postby Sirron on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:26 pm

why was he handling so much tonight? bad idea
Sirron
Mst Intrsting mn n th wrld

Postby bumrusherer on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:30 pm

Sirron wrote:why was he handling so much tonight? bad idea

No Nash or Blake...Morris a little shaky and Duhon isnt really trusted, some would say for good reason.
bumrusherer

Postby lotus on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Poor guy. He'll be burnt out again by season's end. They better tweak this roster because this is a Triangle roster.

Phil come back! :man3:
lotus

Postby Tobias Funke on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:33 pm

Until Nash comes back we dont have much of a choice but to have Kobe run the offense outside of the 15mins Duhon plays (unless we want to watch Morris dribble the night away).

He (Kobe) has generally done a good job overall basically being our PG so far this season, which is something Im pretty sure was the last thing on his mind entering the season.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:35 pm

Loved the effort Kobe, but I felt he needed to get everyone involved a bit more sometimes. Handled the ball way too much, but hey, it's not like Morris was amazing at it tonight. Tough loss.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:36 pm

lotus wrote:Poor guy. He'll be burnt out again by season's end. They better tweak this roster because this is a Triangle roster.

Phil isn't coming back, let it go, but I agree this is a triangle roster, let's cook up some changes & have the dinner ready sooner rather than later.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Finwë on Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:50 am

lotus wrote:Poor guy. He'll be burnt out again by season's end. They better tweak this roster because this is a Triangle roster.

ramonashelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Kobe on how long he can keep this pace up? "I can keep it up all year. The game's pretty easy for me. I'm not working too hard."

ramonashelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
But, Kobe said, "When Gatsby gets back, I won't have to do all that." Gatsby, of course, is Steve Nash.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:08 am

Another wasted great performance by Kobe.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby XXIV on Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:00 am

Great performance and effort by Kobe, it's amazing to be seeing him do this in his 17th season.
XXIV

Postby Forward Three on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:22 am

Seemed pretty unlikely LA would win by about 2:40 remaining, and I was just hoping Kobe'd notch another 40-pointer for the legacy stats at that point, but oh well. That third quarter firestorm was amazing to watch though.
Forward Three

Postby lalfan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:27 am

bumrusherer wrote:
Sirron wrote:why was he handling so much tonight? bad idea

No Nash or Blake...Morris a little shaky and Duhon isnt really trusted, some would say for good reason.

no, that's not true. Kobe was determined to handle the ball from the opening tip. you meant to tell me the same PG combo kept Deron freaking williams in check the night before all of sudden forgot how to play against aaron brooks and the fake isiah thomas? give me a break. Kobe wanted to initiate the offense from the start of last night's game.
lalfan

Postby lalfan on Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:30 am

is it me or the so call Kobe scoring spree the last couple seasons were all consist of long long three point shots, that normally consider low percentage shots. when Kobe's on a roll, he seldom goes to the basket, he would just launch from far away until he misses a couple in a row. it's like clock work.
lalfan

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 pm

Terrible game for Kobe tonight against the Grizz. Kobeheroball is not going to get it done. Especially against good teams in their home court.

No one can question his heart, I only question how he often executes on his intense desire to win.
JGC

Postby Weezy on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:40 pm

I'm not gonna jump on Kobe for one bad game when he's pretty much carried us this season. That's what it was, a bad game, he has them, but the effort is always there at least.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:48 pm

Weezy wrote:I'm not gonna jump on Kobe for one bad game when he's pretty much carried us this season. That's what it was, a bad game, he has them, but the effort is always there at least.

Well, remember in the offseason it was a big discussion around... when we struggle, will we go in to Kobeheroball mode? And may people said that that would be ridiculous with all these weapons.

Last 2 games, we've done exactly that.

And now I'm sure we'll hear some arguments about how he doesn't have any weapons.

Look, I would never question his heart, it's just sometimes the guy is so stubborn and so prideful and the execution can at times leave little to be desired.
JGC

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:21 am

Don't like the way he's been playing these latest 2 games... played near flawless ( well offensively) in the 1st 11 games ...

I hope he isn't back to last season " I'm going to have 10 more shots than the bigs combined and have an inefficient night" Kobe
wcsoldier81

Postby Ariza3 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:28 am

hes done what hes had to these past 2 games. not gunna fault him on that based on the previous games where hes been mvp caliber and unbelievable efficient. pau is extremely tired and dwight too. it also doesnt help that were running dantoni's system without Nash or really any PG. Kobe is playing both guards and still trying to be Kobe too while trying to set dwight up. its not gunna happen every night.

dwights been playing huge minutes and isnt even 100%. the schedule (# of games wise) has been tough especially if theyre playing 37-40 mins a night. it'll be much better when nash and blake are back. there has been good things these past 2 games though...break out performances by the 2 guys we want to get going; meeks and jamison.

tony allen is a great defender so im not surprised kobe was inefficient tonight given hes trying to do nash's role too. whats not exceptable is the lack of effort from dwight and pau. jamison almost had more rebounds than them 2 combined and hes much older (nba wise). cant fault kobe so far, he hasnt done anything wrong...only what has been needed bc others havent stepped up consistently
Ariza3

Postby JGC on Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:59 am

^ I don't think it's really any one player's fault per se. It would be nice if Kobe could find better ways to get the bigs involved. But he can only do so much. He's not a point guard. He's a shooting guard. He shoots.

But, I do blame the team/players/coaches for not getting the bigs involved. When the ball gets kicked out, it never goes back inside. Bigs get tired of just standing around and getting all of their points through offensive rebounds.

We never had a stud PG in the triangle years but we found ways to get the bigs the ball and until we get the PG back, that has to start with Bryant. And we're going to need to do that or not only will we continue to play around .500 ball, we will lose Dwight Howard in the process which is frankly, my bigger concern right now because there is no way in hell we are going to with this thing this season.
JGC

Postby odom1year on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:11 am

Time to pass the torch. Please pass the ball to D12 more and save your energy for the last quarter.
odom1year

Postby JGC on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:14 am

odom1year wrote:Time to pass the torch. Please pass the ball to D12 more and save your energy for the last quarter.

This. The only time I want Kobe forcing the issue is in closing time.

Otherwise, force the team concept. Even if it isn't going well, do what it takes to get it working again. It makes no sense for him to waste all of his energy in the 2nd and 3rd quarters because all it does is get everyone else out of sync and his own legs tired.
JGC

Postby SK8 on Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:35 am

Pass the torch to who? DWIGHT? So he can get stripped every time when he is trying to post up? hahahahaaa come onnnnn first, don't lie to yourself, second be realistic, if you watched at least one game you know what i'm talking about. Dwight has NO O. And that's what's up. I would rather watch Kobe force shot, at least his shot's are touching the rim, Dwight can't even get in shoting motion because he get stripped every DAMN TIME. So stop with that torch pass bs.
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion