Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: "Flu like symptoms"

Postby Finwë on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Way too many turnovers. Our PGs combined for NO POINTS and 3 assists (!!!!), but still if I'm D'Antoni I try to take some of the ball handling load off Kobe when he's sick.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Jellincon on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:54 pm

Had a good game overall but was tainted by turnovers and some forced shots. D'Antoni needs to adjust the offense so it doesn't rely on one guy (PG/Kobe) having to create for everyone.
Jellincon

Postby LakerFan1235 on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Way too many turnovers :hurl:
Every time I begin to ask, "Is he really as great as I think he is?" ...He proves that he is.
Every time I begin to wonder...He proves it...That is why I won't lose hope in him.
You know who I am talking about.
LakerFan1235

Postby lotus on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:05 am

40 with the flu while his teammates look clueless. All I can conclude about this man Mamba's career is he's better than Jordan.
lotus

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:19 am

horrible 10 to's? even kobe was embarrassed in his locker interview lolll
Maluco Beleza

Postby Texas Lakers Fan on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:20 am

Kobe is amazing. Sick as a dog and still manages to put up 40 & 10. Just ridiculous how great this guy is. Turnovers obviously an issue, but it'll change when Nash gets back.
Texas Lakers Fan

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:23 am

Texas Lakers Fan wrote:Kobe is amazing. Sick as a dog and still manages to put up 40 & 10. Just ridiculous how great this guy is. Turnovers obviously an issue, but it'll change when Nash gets back.

Agreed. obviously trying to do too much bc hes playing both guards. Nash or at least Blake will fix that.

who comes back first Nash or Blake?
Ariza3

Postby Maluco Beleza on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Repeat after me : Dribble dribble dribble ... loses the ball , complains , doesn't run back ... lay up for Indiana

lol
Maluco Beleza

Postby Lakerjones on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 am

Despite the turnovers, Kobe is just a mensch. 40 points while sick, and basically singlehandedly carrying the team once again. Everyone else should be embarrassed, especially D12 for making only 25% of his FT's. That's much, much worse than Kobe's 10 turnovers. Some of those turnovers were blown calls by the official. What's D12's excuse for letting his entire team down with those FT's? And it became contagious as well. The turnovers weren't that devastating considering Indiana shot like 35% on the night. But the missed free throws absolutely cost us that game.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:25 am

too many turnovers but hes the best point guard available to play on the team right now... and hes not a point guard. sad really.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby SK8 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:51 am

On NBA.com show that he have 29 860 points, but i think this is without this 40pts game.
Soooooo countdown can start.
100 more!!! :jam2: :jam2:
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:09 am

Needs back to back 60 pts...
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby odom1year on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:21 am

Time flies. Kobe finally will score his 30000th points. What a great accomplishment ! :bow:
odom1year

Postby Murdock on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:32 am

BDG wrote:Another amazing Kobe performance gone to waste because his teammates don't step up.

Nothing new.

Ok ... problem I have with this is: it seems there is an pattern ... whenever Kobe has a good scoring game we tend to lose, and rest of the team is shut down ... you guys might think that it is because they are playing like crap and Kobe steps up ... I am of a different opinion ... Kobe-ball has never led us anywhere and it won't change
Murdock

Postby NeeJee on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 am

I personally don't care that Kobe had 10 TO's. He was the only dude who gave a sh** tonight. I'll take heart over anything any day.
NeeJee

Postby funkychunky on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:38 am

so he has 29,900 points as of tonight... who else thinks he might gun for 100 next game lol
funkychunky

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:47 am

funkychunky wrote:so he has 29,900 points as of tonight... who else thinks he might gun for 100 next game lol

hes definitely gonna get his 30,000th point against the hornets. full circle.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Ras Algethi on Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:54 am

He had an OK game. Too many turnovers but he was good except for the 2nd qtr. He was terrible that qtr.
The most important image ever taken in 3D.
Ras Algethi
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:12 am

funkychunky wrote:so he has 29,900 points as of tonight... who else thinks he might gun for 100 next game lol

He would :man10:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby trodgers on Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:30 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Repeat after me : Dribble dribble dribble ... loses the ball , complains , doesn't run back ... lay up for Indiana

You did forget something...

score half team's points, shoot better than the team, post a points per possession better than everyone else, hit clutch shots, watch his teammates brick four FTs to win the game
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Lakersball.com. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:06 am

trodgers wrote:

score half team's points, shoot better than the team, post a points per possession better than everyone else, hit clutch shots, watch his teammates brick four FTs to win the game

What I saw was Kobe's TOs and shots without passing in several possessions made his teammates out of sync.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby trodgers on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:37 am

KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
trodgers wrote:

What I saw was Kobe's TOs and shots without passing in several possessions made his teammates out of sync.

He made them out of sync? Isn't that ridiculous? He affected them so horribly that they couldn't hit FTs? They were just mentally shaken, shell-shocked, discombobulated?

Suppose you're right. Why did Dwight hit 7 of 10 FGs? Immune to being out of sync on FGs? Why did Gasol EXCEED his season Points per Possession?

But I don't think you are right. Because even if Kobe consumed multiple possessions in a row, over the course of the game, here is a list of players who got roughly as many possessions per minute this game as they do on the season:

Dwight, Gasol, MWP, Jamison (well above), Meeks.

You're offering a classic Easy Explanation. It doesn't fly. It doesn't jibe with the numbers.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:47 am

trodgers wrote:
KareemTheGreat33 wrote:
trodgers wrote:

He made them out of sync? Isn't that ridiculous? He affected them so horribly that they couldn't hit FTs? They were just mentally shaken, shell-shocked, discombobulated?

Suppose you're right. Why did Dwight hit 7 of 10 FGs? Immune to being out of sync on FGs? Why did Gasol EXCEED his season Points per Possession?

But I don't think you are right. Because even if Kobe consumed multiple possessions in a row, over the course of the game, here is a list of players who got roughly as many possessions per minute this game as they do on the season:

Dwight, Gasol, MWP, Jamison (well above), Meeks.

You're offering a classic Easy Explanation. It doesn't fly. It doesn't jibe with the numbers.

Well without ball movement his teammates tend to stand and watch. What I saw was Kobe started dribbling from halfcourt go directly to the key shoot or lose the ball penetrating in several sequences. I thought that made his teammates second guess themselves. You can spew all the numbers you want on how his teammates didn't perform but Kobe lonewolfing again threw the team's offense in disarray again.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby trodgers on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:12 am

Well, you can simply say the same thing over and over. It doesn't make it true.

Kobe was largely praised in Gameday throughout the first quarter...when he turned it over a lot, shot a lot, and pulled the team back into the game while his teammates did nothing. And that was right from the start. Were they simply awestruck that he was playing and so they became passive right from the start? Your proposed explanation doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

I agree that Kobe should have dribbled less. No doubt about it. But I don't put any significant portion of this loss on Kobe.
blog.travisjrodgers.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby jbiggs on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:13 am

sure kobe sometime may shoot too much and turn it over too much, but at least i know he brings it every game. i have no problem with him shooting over pretty much anyone else we have lol
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion