Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby noobiew on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 pm

First half : 0-0 FG
Second half : 1-8 FG

What the heck were you doing this game? need to balance it out, learn when to shoot the ball and when to pass the ball, mix it up ! :bang:
Last edited by noobiew on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Jordan : "My Chicago team are the all-time greatest"
Magic Johnson : "Put me with Kareem, James Worthy, Cooper and Byron Scott, and we'd dominate your Bulls team"
noobiew

Postby kobebryant248 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:05 pm

kobe played a very very bad game today. i hate to say that but it s the truth. he overdid the passing thing and he paid for it in the 2nd half with no rhytmn shooting wise. he turned the ball over way to much . he had 4 points on 1 for 8 fg he had 5 rebounds 9 assists but also 8 turnovers. so like i said he had a very awful game tonight , hope he bounces back on thursday because we need him also as a scorer vs clippers . but i also have to say i always support kobe regardless how he plays . he is my all time favourite . but once again if he plays bad i also have to say it . so hopefully he bounces back thursday but not hopefully because i think he will bounce back definetely vs clippers. so move on to the next
kobebryant248

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:07 pm

Weezy wrote:Great 1st half, nightmare 2nd half. He kept fumbling the ball, he airballed twice (was fouled at least on one though, screw you ref), and he only made the one shot out of 8. But, it was a big shot, and he did have a lot of assists, I'm not going to jump all over Kobe for one weird game like some, Kobe is one player I never worry about bouncing back.

I agree but wouldn't say "great 1st half". He had 8 assists, yes, but he also overpassed a lot in that half and turned the ball over doing it a couple of times. It also contributed to him shooting poorly when he started to take some shots, he'd lost his rythm. He even had trouble dribbling the ball. Very weird.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 pm

Wow. What a unusual 2nd half from Kobe. He was uncharacteristically bad. Oh, well. As good as he's been playing this year, I'm not complaining.
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:08 pm

I think Kobe played one of his worst games tonight. Very weird, and very tough to watch.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:09 pm

He's got to find some balance. Tonight was just too crazy. The overpassing thing was detrimental. :disagree:
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Maluco Beleza on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Lakerjones wrote:He's got to find some balance. Tonight was just too crazy. The overpassing thing was detrimental. :disagree:

but its not his fault.
its his teams fault. because they dont make shots
or so they say
Maluco Beleza

Postby The Laker Link on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:10 pm

He got 4 points but 9 assists.

The 9 assists is nice I say.
The Laker Link

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:11 pm

Kobe is a shooting guard. I never understood why people insist on him going out there and getting 8-14 assists a game as well as be his normal scoring self. I have never seen that asked out of players who's scoring is a big part of their game. Kobe doesn't and shouldn't have to prove a darn thing to anyone. He shouldn't satisfy them he has 5 of what everyone else is trying to get. He is going to continue to be cold if he approaches the game with this pass first mentality like people want him to.It's sad. I feel bad for him and kind of can't wait until he retires so he can get away from the bias and scrutiny.
Jazzygirl205

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Why weren't we putting him in the high post and facilitating from there? Or running the 1-2 pick n roll with Nash like they were against the Heat? He was trying to create off the dribble way too much and forcing horrible passes all night long. One of the ugliest games he has ever played, dude needs to learn how to balance his game. This won't fly against the Clippers, I am genuinely concerned now if we will win that game.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:12 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:
Lakerjones wrote:He's got to find some balance. Tonight was just too crazy. The overpassing thing was detrimental. :disagree:

but its not his fault.
or so they say

don't try so hard.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:13 pm

Finwë wrote:
Weezy wrote:Great 1st half, nightmare 2nd half. He kept fumbling the ball, he airballed twice (was fouled at least on one though, screw you ref), and he only made the one shot out of 8. But, it was a big shot, and he did have a lot of assists, I'm not going to jump all over Kobe for one weird game like some, Kobe is one player I never worry about bouncing back.

I agree but wouldn't say "great 1st half". He had 8 assists, yes, but he also overpassed a lot in that half and turned the ball over doing it a couple of times. It also contributed to him shooting poorly when he started to take some shots, he'd lost his rythm. He even had trouble dribbling the ball. Very weird.

Well I would say great half. He maybe overpassed on 2 possessions in the 1st half, other than that he was great. He was hitting guys, they were hitting the shots, and that assist to end the half to Jamison was great. I'm not going to complain if Kobe doesn't shoot in a half but we're up at the half and playing really good as a team. The 2nd half was a different story, he took too long to shoot into the 3rd and never found his rhythm, and he passed when the defense knew he wasn't gonna shoot.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby LooN3y on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm

more so i think this was a message to dwight
LooN3y

Postby Armani on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Horrible in the 2nd half. I am sure it's a bad game and he'll bounce back, though.
Armani

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:

but its not his fault.
or so they say

Give it a rest already. You filled the GD thread with this garbage, nobody is biting dude. Just weak and silly.
Finwë

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:17 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:

but its not his fault.
or so they say

They made shots that's how he got 9 assists. They assists are nice but when he refused to take the right shots, that was when he started turning the ball over. Way too many turnovers, man. Nash and Dwight saved us in the end.
Kit

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:18 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Why weren't we putting him in the high post and facilitating from there? Or running the 1-2 pick n roll with Nash like they were against the Heat? He was trying to create off the dribble way too much and forcing horrible passes all night long. One of the ugliest games he has ever played, dude needs to learn how to balance his game. This won't fly against the Clippers, I am genuinely concerned now if we will win that game.

I don't think he'll play this way vs the Clipps, no way, but I am concerned about getting that W. It's very important that we win home games, but the Clipps just look so much better than us. Hard for me to imagine a scenario where CP3 and their depth don't kill us. We're probably gonna get crushed on the boards too.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 pm

@ESPNStatsInfo: Kobe's 4 points vs Suns are the fewest he has scored in a game that he started (Tuesday was Kobe's 1,066th career start)
Finwë

Postby Kit on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:19 pm

Kobe seems like he passes too much against weaker teams but he balances out when we play the better teams. He should be fine.
Kit

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:20 pm

Weezy wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Well I would say great half. He maybe overpassed on 2 possessions in the 1st half, other than that he was great. He was hitting guys, they were hitting the shots, and that assist to end the half to Jamison was great. I'm not going to complain if Kobe doesn't shoot in a half but we're up at the half and playing really good as a team. The 2nd half was a different story, he took too long to shoot into the 3rd and never found his rhythm, and he passed when the defense knew he wasn't gonna shoot.

I agree with you Weez. He was great in the first half and just as horrid in the 2nd half. I really started to think his elbow or hand (he jammed it at the end of 2nd I think) was bothering him. He had no control over his dribble when he decided to attack. It was weird. It was an ugly 2nd half, probably the ugliest I have seen, by Kobe. It didn't help dudes stop making shots.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:26 pm

Weezy wrote:
Finwë wrote:

I'd agree with you but the fact that he kept passing to role players who are inconsistent (MWP, Jamison, Clark) and was evidently planning to carry on doing the same in the 2nd half kinda makes it less good, because you just know there's gonna be a stretch where those players will start missing, we're gonna need Kobe to score and he'll be out of rythm. Then what do we do? Watch our lead evaporate like we did tonight.

I think opposing teams like the idea of Kobe not really being a scoring threat and having to worry about guys like Jamison or MWP instead. That's why I think they never went full single coverage with Kobe even though it was clear he was looking to pass, they didn't want him to switch and start scoring, they wanted to see if those other role players could beat them. By the time Kobe went to "scoring mode", he was out of rythm and it just wasn't the same.

I gotta add something that has been overlooked too, Tucker played VERY good D on Kobe all game long. He covered him very, very well, made his passes harder, bodied him up, and contested the few shots Kobe took (might've fouled him on a couple though).
Finwë

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:31 pm

Finwë wrote:
@ESPNStatsInfo: Kobe's 4 points vs Suns are the fewest he has scored in a game that he started (Tuesday was Kobe's 1,066th career start)

:bang: Maybe after the all-Star break he'll give us a Ray Lewis run to the playoffs or maybe next season since he's gonna retire?
Jazzygirl205

Postby therealdeal on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:34 pm

:man3:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:38 pm

Why do people seriously care that Kobe scored 4 points? We won the game, it's not like he had 4 points, 0 assists or something horrible like that, dude had 9 assists and 5 boards, it was a really bad game for him, but even in a really bad game he still gets those 9 assists.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Finwë on Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:46 pm

^^ Don't get me wrong, I mostly agree, I only posted that espn stats & info tweet because I feel this was a very weird, bizarre game, and that stat helps prove just how unusual it was.
Finwë

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion