Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Discussion: "He Jalen Rosed me" - Kobe out indefinitely

Postby Showtime.Revival.05 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:05 pm

i understand kobe's dedication but at a certain point...he needs to get some sleep. 1 hour a night isn't going to help anything.
Showtime.Revival.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby Mr_Hollywood_Line on Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:09 pm

Alexxander wrote:I'm in ABSOLUTE DISGUST after seeing the reactions from other team fans and that sbnation article. D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G.
"Deion Hulse A little defense and everyone gets butthurt including the NBA. SMFH"
A LITTLE DEFENSE!? I bet this person never EVER played or even watched ball in his entire life.
"yes it is kobes fault he kicked his leg out like always but since theres alot of head givers he cant be touched and jones barely even touched him so what are you talkin about?"
Don't even feel like commenting this one ... and there are TONS like this one all over facebook, blogs and so on. I'm gonna throw up :disagree:

Disgusted, but not surprised.

After all, these are the same toothless hicks who refer to Kobe as a "rapist," make vile jokes about D-Fish's daughter's medical concerns, etc.
Mr_Hollywood_Line

Postby SpencerHarrison on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:00 pm

This is one of the reasons I love Kobe.

You know he will get even on this. Not necessarily with a dirty play, but by doing borderline inhuman things to return and dominate. And he will play until he's 40 if that's what it takes to get a ring, then spit on half the league on his way out. He's driven
SpencerHarrison

Postby dj vitus on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:04 pm

So the NBA ruled that the refs missed the call.

So... no fines, technicals, flagrants, suspensions... nothing???
"Why are they blocking out all the good stuff? They let Sarah Jessica Parker's face on TV and she looks like a foot!!"
dj vitus

Postby Scnottaken on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 pm

dj vitus wrote:So the NBA ruled that the refs missed the call.

So... no fines, technicals, flagrants, suspensions... nothing???

It's not like he has a history or anything, Like that dirty player Kobe that did such unnatural basketball acts.
I want to hear "Beat LA" chants at a Clipper vs Laker game
Scnottaken

Postby 432J on Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:53 pm

kobe is a warrior, i can see him missing 2 games at most. he's the last of his kind
432J

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:18 am

Good to know he's probably sitting against the Pacers ... not the team to play against with a injury ... they hack the ish out of opponents ... D12 better be careful too
wcsoldier81

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:29 am

As soon as I saw Kobe go down I was yelling at my TV "show a replay show a replay!" I knew it was Dirtay Jones with a dirty play. I knew it before any analyst on tv suggested the possibility or postgame.

I'm not suggesting that Dahntay wanted to specifically injure Kobe. But I am suggesting he was intentionally doing something dirty, that would cross the line between good defense and going the extra bit to play dirty basketball.

And the idea that he was alleging that Kobe was faking his injury, while also claiming Kobe did it to himself with a leg kick on a fallaway is disgusting. He deserves to be laid out for his attitude.

Has he even offered an apology?
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby lakersyunowin on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:31 am

Lakeshow24 wrote:As soon as I saw Kobe go down I was yelling at my TV "show a replay show a replay!" I knew it was Dirtay Jones with a dirty play. I knew it before any analyst on tv suggested the possibility or postgame.

I'm not suggesting that Dahntay wanted to specifically injure Kobe. But I am suggesting he was intentionally doing something dirty, that would cross the line between good defense and going the extra bit to play dirty basketball.

And the idea that he was alleging that Kobe was faking his injury, while also claiming Kobe did it to himself with a leg kick on a fallaway is disgusting. He deserves to be laid out for his attitude.

Has he even offered an apology?

No. In fact, he continues to allege that he did nothing wrong and that Kobe mostly hurt himself.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:58 am

432J wrote:kobe is a warrior, i can see him missing 2 games at most. he's the last of his kind

he's actually the only 1 of his kind
Maluco Beleza

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:03 am

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne
Lakers source says chances of Kobe playing in next game or two are "not good"
1:36 PM - 14 Mars, 13 · Détails

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne
wcsoldier81

Postby V.V.V.V.V. on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:15 am

The NBA needs to take a long look at their referees, and get it together. The whole point of having referees during the game is to ensure

1) that players follow the rules of basketball, so that one player doesn't get an unfair advantage over another by violating rules that the other players are abiding by, and

2) that players are ethical on the court, and behave like professional sportsmen, and

3) that players are protected from dangerous behavior of other players, whether intentional or not.

The unfortunate reality is that the league is instead keeping their referees busy with

a) letting some players break rules with impunity so that they appear better than they really are

b) manipulating the outcomes, or at least the closeness, of games by either undeservedly giving one team many more free throws than the other team, or letting a team illegally slow down a star player by allowing illegal defense against him, or by allowing a crucial no-call at the end of a game so that one team is unable to get a fair shot off that would tie or win the game.

c) calling technical fouls that have more to do with an exercise of power over a player than a violation of ethical or sportmanlike conduct.

It's clear that referees can't do their job effectively when they're too busy carrying out these hidden agendas. And these agendas are AT ODDS with what they're supposed to be doing. If a referee team allows one basketball team to foul an opposing player with impunity for an entire game, then that team will get the message that they can do whatever they want to that opposing player, and the physicality of the game will escalate, increasing the chances of injury during the game. This is how players get hurt, by letting a defender undercut a player over and over, which severely increases the chances of injury to that player. Or by letting post defenders shove a post player in the back over and over, until they get that "just right shove" that herniates a disc. Players are always going to try to be dirty to gain a competitive advantage. It's in their nature. But this is why we have referees, to keep the behavior from getting out of hand.
Vi Veri Vniversum Vivus Vici
V.V.V.V.V.

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:23 am

thats so much BS

the ref didn't even look or looked like he gave a damn.. so shady
Maluco Beleza

Postby Lakeshow24 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:11 am

Can somebody help me search for, and find, this highlight from Kobe Bryant years when he juked the hell out of Dirtay Jones to the point that DJ fell on his butt while Kobe drained a J over him? This happened YEARS ago, I believe in 2009 while Dahntay Jones was still on the Pacers.

It might not have been Dahntay Jones, but I believe it was Dahntay Jones in my memory. Does anybody remember this epic play? It happened at Staples Center, Kobe and DJ's feet got a little tangled and DJ hit the floor while Kobe busted the J...

help me find this video! All I can find is all the millions of recently updated links, and then when I try to search with old date ranges all the hits are flooded with the first time Dahntay as a Nugget tripped Kobe.

EDIT: NEVERMIND! It was Fred Jones. :bang:

Nevertheless, my idea was good. I'll modify it to, can anybody find highlights of Kobe balling Dahntay Jones up?
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby KB24 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:54 am

Lets think positive....if he is going to miss about 2 weeks and we kind of stay in the race against these inferior opponents that are coming up...then maybe it ends up being a blessing in disguise because with the amount of minutes Kobe has piled up...a 2 week rest before the post season would come in handy.

Likely scenario? no. Impossible scenario? no.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:42 am

KB24 wrote:Lets think positive....if he is going to miss about 2 weeks and we kind of stay in the race against these inferior opponents that are coming up...then maybe it ends up being a blessing in disguise because with the amount of minutes Kobe has piled up...a 2 week rest before the post season would come in handy.

+ 1. Exactly what I said
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:45 am

KB24 wrote:Lets think positive....if he is going to miss about 2 weeks and we kind of stay in the race against these inferior opponents that are coming up...then maybe it ends up being a blessing in disguise because with the amount of minutes Kobe has piled up...a 2 week rest before the post season would come in handy.

But with the ones we win and look decent doing it without Kobe...... "1year" will be insufferable
LTLakerFan

Postby D.B. Cooper on Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:54 am

Showtime.Revival.05 wrote:i understand kobe's dedication but at a certain point...he needs to get some sleep. 1 hour a night isn't going to help anything.

He doesn't need that much sleep. Yet he doesn't feel tired. I've read that he, Jay Leno and Albert Einstein also wild only need max 3 hrs. of sleep.
D.B. Cooper

Postby Magic Skywalker on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:21 am

KEVIN DING ‏@KevinDing
Kobe is at Lakers shootaround in Indianapolis now, getting treatment --an indication he might play tonight. He's not talking to media.

https://twitter.com/KevinDing/status/312583460650885120
@MagicSkywalker Basketamericano
Magic Skywalker

Postby Barnstable on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:25 am

^Wow.... Kobe is unbelievable. The determination....

I should know by now not to be surprised by him playing through really bad injurys that would sideline any other player, but it still gets me every time.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby JSM on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:27 am

Atlanta Hawks ‏@ATLHawks
Dahntay: "I was just trying to contest a jump shot (on Kobe). It's frustrating to see one play take away from the effort my teammates gave."

Just stop already.
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby denimPortugal on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:33 am

KOBE is not human! :man10: :man10: :bow: :bow:
denimPortugal

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:48 am

I don't want him to play.

Even if he does play, the chances of us winning this game don't rise much from 5% to maybe 8%. This is a dark horse contending team and we're dealing with injuries again. It's just not there.

If we're going to win this game it's on Dwight's shoulders and Kobe playing wouldn't change that. Just rest this game at least for God's sake.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:53 am

^^^^ Agreed ... and as I said before , playing against the Pacers with an injury wouldn't be a good decision ...

If he can play , coming back on the b2b at Suns would be nice
wcsoldier81

Postby JGC on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:55 am

While I'm not ready to say this is a blessing in disguise, the bright spot for me in all this is that we get to see, to some degree, what a team with Howard as the primary option looks like. So maybe a bit of a preview in to the future.

Obviously, it will take a bunch of games to adjust to missing such an integral part of your offense but at least we can get a glimpse of what it might look like.
JGC

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion