Kobe Bryant Discussion:#3 All Time!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 9 str8 30pt gms - only 1 at his age!

Postby The Original 81 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:36 pm

There was one play where Nash found him for a wide open layup and I dont think I've ever seen him on the receiving end of a pass like that, what a SICK pass that was...
"Let me say one more thing about Kobe. He will be the best player in the history of the game. If he keeps doing what he's doing, there is no stopping him. He is that good." - Shaquille O'Neal in his autobiography, "Shaq Talks Back"
The Original 81

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:41 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Kobe is playing a lot of minutes but games like today he isn't playing hard minutes. Nash has taken the ball out of his hands and he is doing less. I don't think he is getting the wear down like he was getting with Brown at the helm.

I was about to post this. Mitch did a good job getting Kobe help, it's not like last season where he was doing everything. He has the ability to take a couple of offensive plays off and not even touch the ball now with Nash running the show and Dwight protecting the rim on defense.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 30K

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:42 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:
CarolinaLakerFan wrote:I think it's time for Kobe to go to small forward, and send MWP to the bench as a 6th man. We're not playing defense anyway. At least we can put pressure on the opposing team's defense.

Future

PG-Nash/Blake
SG-Meeks/Kobe
SF-Kobe/MWP
PF-Pau/Jamison
C- D12/Hill

Right Now

PG-Duhon/Morris :hurl:
SG-Meeks/Kobe
SF-Kobe/MWP
PF-Hill/Jamison
C-D12

Called it! :man1:

Errrrr..... that would be Metta not Jamison at the 4 coming off the bench, so don't break your arm "patting". :man12: BUT who wants to bet that Metta starts today to try and contain Melo? I think Dan mentioned he would do this for certain matchups. It would be the "bright" thing to do.

Well so much for being "bright". Yeah that was the ticket "smart guy"....start the game with Morris on him so he can get into a groove before Metta even gets a crack at him. SMH!! :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby JGC on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Thought Kobe played a really good overall game today. Didn't overdo it with the hero ball when we went down and what do you know, contributuions all around.

Great game.
JGC

Postby BDG on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:21 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:Kobe is playing a lot of minutes but games like today he isn't playing hard minutes. Nash has taken the ball out of his hands and he is doing less. I don't think he is getting the wear down like he was getting with Brown at the helm.
Agreed.

Anyone also feel that Kobe's D has gotten much better since Nash came back and KB doesn't have to ball handle and do everything on offense?
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby Murdock on Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:44 pm

not yet ... he still made pretty bad mistakes on D ... Nash played much better D ... but at least he played great team O no forcing for the most part ... that is the to winning ...
Murdock

Postby Finwë on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:06 pm

Awesome game.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: 8 str8 30pt gms - only 1 at his age!

Postby kobe_008 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:09 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I'm gonna bring this up again but several other players play similar to Kobe and one of them are being considered for MVP this season shooting in the 40% range since shooting percentage plays a big part on the MVP award :man9: , but with Kobe you know it's like "Nit pick, nit pick, nit pick" until we just forget his contributions and he becomes the villian :man10:

Sooooo Trueeeeee!!!
GO MAMBA
kobe_008

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Murdock wrote:not yet ... he still made pretty bad mistakes on D ... Nash played much better D ... but at least he played great team O no forcing for the most part ... that is the to winning ...

Man you are comical.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby King of Clutch on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:22 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Murdock wrote:not yet ... he still made pretty bad mistakes on D ... Nash played much better D ... but at least he played great team O no forcing for the most part ... that is the to winning ...

Man you are comical.

Right?!? :man10:
King of Clutch

Postby thisbjgz on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:24 pm

JGC wrote:Thought Kobe played a really good overall game today. Didn't overdo it with the hero ball when we went down and what do you know, contributuions all around.

Great game.

+1. This is the Kobe I wish we can see all season long. If he plays this way I can see us seriously winning .700 ball the rest of the way.
thisbjgz

Postby Doc Brown on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:58 pm

Shhh don't tell any of the Kobe haters out there, just keep it between us......

Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
The whole "The Lakers were 1-11 when Kobe scores 30+ points" thing is dying. They've now won 5 straight in which he scores 30.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

Kobe Bryant has shot at or better than 50% in 14 of LAL's 28 games. Last season, he shot 50% in 14 of 66 games.

OK I lied. Kobe's true shooting percentage this season is 58.9%, the highest of his career. Was 52.7% last season.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby 432J on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:09 pm

he can't be playing this many minutes. dan tony needs to save him for the playoffs

sub meeks for kobe with ron at the 3 and jamison at the 4. with pau at center

what's so hard to understand mike?
432J

Postby Lakeshow24 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 9:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:Shhh don't tell any of the Kobe haters out there, just keep it between us......

The whole "The Lakers were 1-11 when Kobe scores 30+ points" thing is dying. They've now won 5 straight in which he scores 30.

Kobe Bryant has shot at or better than 50% in 14 of LAL's 28 games. Last season, he shot 50% in 14 of 66 games.

OK I lied. Kobe's true shooting percentage this season is 58.9%, the highest of his career. Was 52.7% last season.

I was just talking about this with my brother a couple hours ago. That whole 1-11 stat is useless manufactured hate crap. The only thing we can determine from 1-11 is that the team was struggling and Kobe was going to ball out regardless.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Forward Three on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:52 pm

The minutes thing is the only thing 'wrong' with the Kobe story this season. He's having an incredible year with no real perceptible drop off from age other than fewer sensational plays. Playing 40+ minutes night in and night out though is a little worrisome, just as a gamble, but I really don't doubt Kobe's ability to honestly make it through an entire season playing ~40 minutes and still perform well. It just might mean there are more '3-21?!' stinkers.
Forward Three

Postby Lakerjones on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:07 pm

Astoundingly efficient performance today. Would like to see more of this and less of the 40 shot games. I think now that Nash is back full time, this will be more like the norm.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:48 am

Kobe on twitter finally!

well he's taken over Nike basketballs twitter for a few days but ill bet hell have one soon. he's already posting pics and tweeting on the Nike one after the game. love this new "in touch with fans" Kobe :jam2:
Ariza3

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:51 am

He played heavy minutes these last two games because they both were super competitive, but I think as they get more comfortable and start beating opponents by a larger margin he'll be able to rest more.

I'm more concerned about Nash though. His minutes shouldn't be above 32-33
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:58 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:He played heavy minutes these last two games because they both were super competitive, but I think as they get more comfortable and start beating opponents by a larger margin he'll be able to rest more.

I'm more concerned about Nash though. His minutes shouldn't be above 32-33

yea once we start blowing out teams (hopefully) kobe, nash, and pau will get more rest, and see jamison get some minutes.

im starting to worry that we might be giving artest too many minutes too, i dont want him to be ran to the ground as well.

but a backcourt of duhon and meeks is not something i have total confidence in, but a Dwight/Jamison back court would be nice to see. i dont mind dwight/hill either. i want to see them get more burn to keep paus knees healthy

but i do want to get rid of blake and get a better SF some how. in a perfect world we'd have CDR
LooN3y

Postby Lakeshow24 on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:03 am

Kobe is proving that he is still arguably the greatest baller to touch the court. Amazing, even in his 17th season he still has a chance to become the greatest in the game... a chance.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:26 am

What kobe said about Carmelo, his team and their play.
Anthony has been criticized throughout his career for caring too much about scoring. Bryant is glad to see his friend and Olympic teammate win some appreciation this season.
"He's playing like he has always played," Bryant said. "He's just surrounded by pieces that allow him to do what he does best. And finally people are recognizing what a great player he is.
"He's been criticized, but that comes with the job, though. That comes with all scorers. Scorers are very easily criticized. But that's something we all take in stride. You have to. That's part of being a scorer." Yahoo

Also, in a post game interview, he was told that melo said kobe gave him the confidence to just be himself and just play basketball. The reporter then followed up saying that now, shouldn't he have to worry about containing this monster that he's created? Kobe then said, "He's in the eastern conference, he's not my problem."

LOL! Looks like he wants more competition for the heat in the east. Don't we all. Brilliant kobe, just brilliant. :man9: :man9: :man9:
Last edited by King of Clutch on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
King of Clutch

Postby King of Clutch on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:27 am

Double post.
King of Clutch

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:33 am

King of Clutch wrote:What kobe said about Carmelo, his team and their play.
Anthony has been criticized throughout his career for caring too much about scoring. Bryant is glad to see his friend and Olympic teammate win some appreciation this season.
"He's playing like he has always played," Bryant said. "He's just surrounded by pieces that allow him to do what he does best. And finally people are recognizing what a great player he is.
"He's been criticized, but that comes with the job, though. That comes with all scorers. Scorers are very easily criticized. But that's something we all take in stride. You have to. That's part of being a scorer." Yahoo

Also, in a post game interview, he was told that melo said kobe gave him the confidence to just be himself and just play basketball. The reporter then followed up saying that now, shouldn't he have to worry about containing this monster that he's created? Kobe then said, "He's in the eastern conference, he's not my problem."

LOL! Looks like he wants more competition for the heat in the east. Don't we all. Brilliant kobe, just brilliant. :man9: :man9: :man9:

lol until he makes his way to the Finals

:man10:
LooN3y

Postby Murdock on Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:43 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Man you are comical.

comical yet truthful ... even though they scored on Nash, he contested shots ... Kobe doesn't even do that these days ...
Murdock

Postby LooN3y on Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:51 am

i bet even after a stellar year like this, BSPN will still keep him out of the top 5 list.
LooN3y

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion