Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:15 pm

last stand wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:
trodgers wrote:You'd take Tim Duncan over Kobe Bryant in the post? Despite what the numbers suggest? That's surely interesting, but it says something about you (you make bad decisions) rather than about the players (who has the best post game).

That is simply an amazing cut down. I bow to simplistic ownage :bow:

it's cool to piggy back on forums, even cooler to revive dead arguments

How do you piggy back on a forum? I mean do I do the Hashtag thing followed by the forum? Clublakers # Lakersground .... Is that it? I am confused. What I did do was give Trodgers props for cleverly saying that "the person he is arguing with (you) has proven through debate that the stated opinion (yours) is full of holes, illogical and just plain awful" all while being fairly nice about it. That was classic and deserved a little bowing too.

Now, about the reviving dead arguments? Again, I am confused. Did I revive a dead argument? I don't think I did. Maybe you were talking about what Trodgers did but then how would I know that he revived an old argument? More importantly are you implying that bringin up what someone said in the past on a message board is not fair game? Wouldn't that be cool. Hmm I could say Kobe is the worse basketball player to ever lace up hightops and not worry about it coming back. That would be awesome. Eh no, I think I'll settle for making a point I can stand by no matter when it was said instead of making wild statements then trying to duck and dodge them later. In any case, I have seen Trodgers work and can assure you that you are only digging a worse whole in your argument against him. By all means carry on though cause I'm being entertained. :bow:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby last stand on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:37 pm

honestly it was just a backhanded comment, nothing more. literally no thought went into that comment. i saw your post, typed up the comment and that was that.

to your other point, i still don't believe my argument was full of holes but whatever, like i said argument is dead as far as i'm concerned
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:23 pm

King of Clutch wrote:Emma Watson at #1 is one thing we can agree on!!! lol

Nah, Natalie Portman!!
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Maluco Beleza on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:34 pm

^ nah, Anne Hathaway!!!
Maluco Beleza

Postby last stand on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Finwë wrote:

Nah, Natalie Portman!!

my #1 and #2. natalie has a prettier face, emma has a better body and is taller. both look incredible without makeup which is when a woman is at her best, if they are pretty of course

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:59 pm

last stand wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Nah, Natalie Portman!!

my #1 and #2. natalie has a prettier face, emma has a better body and is taller. both look incredible without makeup which is when a woman is at her best, if they are pretty of course

Is Emma Watson really taller than Natalie Portman?!

Well, Natalie is more talented, that counts for something IMO. And it's not like Emma's body is much better, there's not much of a difference IMO.

EDIT: I just read your whole list, way to go dude, I agree with most of it. Your top 5 is just spot on
Last edited by Finwë on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:00 pm

Maluco Beleza wrote:^ nah, Anne Hathaway!!!

Not on last stand's list
Finwë

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:07 pm

That's enough guys, c'mon.

Kobe Bryant Discussion.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:41 pm

^why talk about him? I mean he can't shoot, he can't pass, he can't drive, he can't play and he can't make us better or he is the greatest shooter, passer, driver, player that makes everyone better that isn't named LBJ, KD, Wade, Shaq, MJ, Magic, Smush, Doc Holiday, Forrest Gump and that one angry Powerpuff Girl.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:53 pm

Gosh we can't mention Kobe without mentioning LeBron. I don't mind the debates, I just dislike when they come in the mist of something successful, it's like total disrespect and a slap in the face to Kobe.

I never saw MJ or any older player disrespected like that amongst their fan base, or the media like Kobe has been done. If you're a Laker fan that's more a LeBron lover or prefer LeBron to Kobe it's not a crime, I'm pretty sure it's many fans who are fans of other players, over their team's franchise player, but who are still loyal to their home team. But don't low blow Kobe in the jewels in praise of the other player, I feel it's disrespectful.
Jazzygirl205

Postby lotus on Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:49 pm

Chillbongo wrote:Nice. Saw the FG's but didn't know about free throws.

Dang, Kobe has scored about 6,000 points on FREE THROWS.

1/5 of his 30,000 came at the line.

Think of all the points he should have gotten from the lack of foul calls. Points left on the table.
lotus

Postby last stand on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:01 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Gosh we can't mention Kobe without mentioning LeBron. I don't mind the debates, I just dislike when they come in the mist of something successful, it's like total disrespect and a slap in the face to Kobe.

I never saw MJ or any older player disrespected like that amongst their fan base, or the media like Kobe has been done. If you're a Laker fan that's more a LeBron lover or prefer LeBron to Kobe it's not a crime, I'm pretty sure it's many fans who are fans of other players, over their team's franchise player, but who are still loyal to their home team. But don't low blow Kobe in the jewels in praise of the other player, I feel it's disrespectful.

kobe is my favorite player, by far. and nothing i said was ever a slight to him. in fact i'm pretty sure i called him the greatest scorer to ever play the game more than once.

i brought up lebron in response to someone else bringing up lebron. now if i misread his post that's another story, but i didn't come in this thread and bring him up out of the blue

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby last stand on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:03 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:^why talk about him? I mean he can't shoot, he can't pass, he can't drive, he can't play and he can't make us better or he is the greatest shooter, passer, driver, player that makes everyone better that isn't named LBJ, KD, Wade, Shaq, MJ, Magic, Smush, Doc Holiday, Forrest Gump and that one angry Powerpuff Girl.

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:39 pm

last stand wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:^why talk about him? I mean he can't shoot, he can't pass, he can't drive, he can't play and he can't make us better or he is the greatest shooter, passer, driver, player that makes everyone better that isn't named LBJ, KD, Wade, Shaq, MJ, Magic, Smush, Doc Holiday, Forrest Gump and that one angry Powerpuff Girl.

Are you saying that you like straws? Or that you support the "rainbow"? If that is the case then Skittles is a much better reference than straws as they are more easily associated with the "community" in general. Either way I am not sure how your allegiance or affiliation has anything to do with my response to Realdeals post.
puffyusaf#2

Postby last stand on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:44 pm

it was a joke, calm down. obviously you didn't get it

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:05 am

last stand wrote:it was a joke, calm down. obviously you didn't get it

was I not calm? I was surely not upset. I didn't understand your post which I find is common so unlike others who would attack it for its mere nonsense I thought I'd ask. I tried to give you a chance to let me in our your secret but once again you decline to give any support or reasoning for your post. In any case, I am glad that you can support the rainbow so freely. It is refreshing to see on CL. I bow to you man :bow: hmm or woman I don't want to assume one way or another. Either way Thanks.
puffyusaf#2

Postby last stand on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:29 am

grasping at straws, that was the point, but you can attack my gender or sexual orientation like a child if you want, just because you couldn't figure it out

you can keep trying to get a rise out of me, or attack me on a forum like it matters, thats fine, i could care less. all i ever did was express my opinions, what have you done other than attack me for doing that. nothing. it's easy to subtly infer someone is gay or feminine behind a computer screen. but i'm sure the mods will let it pass. i mean youve been here since 2006 and you share their opinions so that already gives you amnesty.

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:33 am

:man3:

Both of you are in the wrong here.

But last stand, I don't know why you're so worked up right now towards everyone. You ribbed him with the straws comment so you aren't blameless in this situation.

I'm going to lock this thread temporarily. I'll reopen it in the morning when hopefully cooler heads prevail.

edit: you know what? Nevermind. You're both adults I presume. I shouldn't have to put a thread on timeout because of this.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:49 am

No need to lock it Real. I was simply showing the young fellow that post can be taken in anyway when someone doesn't support their claims with some sort of facts. Technically I never attacked him I just asked questions based on what was presented. In any case, let us get back to talking about the Kobe.......

That guy is pretty good, right?
puffyusaf#2

Postby King of Clutch on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:02 am

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
trodgers wrote:You'd take Tim Duncan over Kobe Bryant in the post? Despite what the numbers suggest? That's surely interesting, but it says something about you (you make bad decisions) rather than about the players (who has the best post game).

That is simply an amazing cut down. I bow to simplistic ownage :bow:

:man10:
King of Clutch

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:45 am

last stand wrote:
trodgers wrote:
I'm guilty of it as well in some aspects but whatever better to end the argument here

Condescension? Read back through the conversation. If you can tell me that you're trying to really get at the truth of the matter, as opposed to showing that what you said wasn't reactionary, short-sighted, and, strictly speaking, wrong, then I'll offer an apology. Obviously I would have missed something if that were all true. As I see it, you're painting yourself in a very negative light right now.

so what the original post said wasn't that kobe is a better all around player than lebron, and that the recent 5 game stretch was proof of that.

if it really wasn't saying that, and i completely misread that original post then yes, i am wrong for taking it in another direction, but when i read the post that's what i see

I think it was absolutely saying that Kobe is a better all-around player than LeBron, and this five game stretch is proof that Kobe plays a certain way; and if he plays a different way (like he has been), his numbers look very different. And, in fact, he's passing at an elite level.

The reason that changing one's style of play matter is because of the following:
1. Kobe plays a certain way.
2. Kobe has changed his role, showcasing skills that were not used previously.
3. Rondo did not change his game when he posted particular numbers; he showed nothing new in doing that.

I took it, honestly, that the poster was saying this: "I've always thought Kobe could do these things if he wanted to. He has now been asked to do it. He has responded in a way that SHOULD blow everyone away. So, that old criticism was actually misplaced. That evidence no longer counts against Kobe."
blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby trodgers on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:48 am

Let's hug it out.

blog.travisjrodgers.com
Its like Dr. Buss is guarding the Celtic rim this second half. Nothings dropping
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby odom1year on Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:19 am

Kobe's last 5 games: 16.6 ppg, 11.2 apg, 8.6 rpg. He is averaging a near triple double. The Lakers are 4-1.
odom1year

Postby Finwë on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:51 pm

Posted this on the game-day thread:

pass-first Kobe isn't nearly as capable of scoring in bunches as old (before this new over-passing thing) Kobe. His rythm isn't there, he looks much less lethal, more pedestrian.
Not saying he should revert to shooting Kobe, just saying when we are in need of his superior scoring ability it may not be there..
Finwë

Kobe’s Defense

Postby lyth on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:22 pm

I included the halftime report graphic with the log from tonight.

Detroit (Feb. 03, 2013)
Spoiler:
KOBE’S DEFENSE: 3 pts (1st QTR)
  • 0:45 23-feet Jerebko over Bryant (3 pts)
KOBE’S DEFENSE: 0 pts (2nd QTR)
  • 2:25 at-rim Singler over Bryant (Missed)
  • 0:05 Bynum drove on Bryant (Stripped)
KOBE’S DEFENSE: 3 pts (3rd QTR)
  • 11:15 23-feet Singler over Bryant (3 pts)
  • 9:45 23-feet Singler over Bryant (Missed)
  • 8:55 Stuckey drove on Bryant (Stripped)
KOBE’S DEFENSE: 0 pts (4th QTR)
  • 4:10 23-feet Singler over Bryant (Missed)
JEREBKO 1-1 FG | SINGLER 1-4 FG

Halftime Report:

Last edited by lyth on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lyth

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion