Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: Magic Mamba

Postby TIME on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:50 pm

karacha wrote:
odom1year wrote:How long the passing 1st and sharing mode game of Kobe is ? I think Kobe answered your concern.

Long. He was passing a lot today, for example.

Not according to the stat sheet. Zero assists means he did not pass at all doncha know.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 pm

karacha wrote:
odom1year wrote:How long the passing 1st and sharing mode game of Kobe is ? I think Kobe answered your concern.

We all know Odompleasedontpost doesn't actually know what he is talking about.... ever
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Although some passes he made SHOULD have been assists, he was definatley back to mamba mode tonight.

Guess he had to with the way ppl were shooting and Dwight sleepwalking through the game.
phoenixrisingla

Postby last stand on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 pm

tonight he had to play kobe ball. might as well have been 2005-2006 the way the players were playing
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby Herm24 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:19 pm

Dude he was 9/15 .. Why are you acting like he jacked up 30+ shots .. He would've had some assists if Meeks didn't brick 15 threes in a row
Herm24

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:26 pm

Herm24 wrote:Dude he was 9/15 .. Why are you acting like he jacked up 30+ shots .. He would've had some assists if Meeks didn't brick 15 threes in a row

No one is saying he didnt have a great game, because he did.

But the lack of shots has more to do with the game being over early than kobe distributing. He should have had at least 3-4 assists where out players blew wide open shots.

but still there were stretches of the game where we would just give it to him over and over and let him iso. I remember a stretch in the third quarter where we did that 6 possessions in a row.
Last edited by phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Herm24 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:27 pm

W/O Kobe .. We would've lost by 50 tonight .. Just take a moment and ponder that thought for a second .. The real issue is Dwight's focus and intensity .. Fact is we're dealing with an immature baby that wants to be the #1 option but his game doesn't warrant that .. You know how frustrating that is to deal with as a fan? .. Dwight is beyond delusional .. Never in my wildest dreams would I have taken Bynum over Dwight before but not anymore .. At least Bynum knows his place
Herm24

Postby phoenixrisingla on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:28 pm

^^ Agree that Dwight is one of the biggest issues.
phoenixrisingla

Postby Herm24 on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 pm

Herm24 wrote:W/O Kobe .. We would've lost by 50 tonight .. Just take a moment and ponder on that thought for a second .. The real issue is Dwight's focus and intensity .. Fact is we're dealing with an immature baby that wants to be the #1 option but his game doesn't warrant that .. You know how frustrating that is to deal with as a fan? .. Dwight is beyond delusional .. Never in my wildest dreams would I have taken Bynum over Dwight before, but not anymore .. At least Bynum knows his place
Herm24

Postby Battle Tested20 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:05 am

:man10: Fans in here saying Kobe went to Kobe iso ball. Rewatch the game and tell me how many shots his teammates missed off of his passes, specifically Jodie Meeks in that 3rd quarter (Holy Cow)
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:29 am

I would stop passing too if our "shooter " coming from the bench were missing 3 open threes in the same possession
wcsoldier81

Postby odom1year on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:09 am

TIME wrote:
karacha wrote:

Not according to the stat sheet. Zero assists means he did not pass at all doncha know.

Not blaming his game today, zero assist is just one of the concern. Not sure what is the best plan for current Lakers. Since Pau is out and D12 is not 100%, Kobe shooting 25+ shots now is acceptable and reasonable. Just not sure Kobe shooting 25+ or sharing mode will benefit us more. I'm confused...

Just wonder how come Kobe doesn't share it when everybody is healthy. Pau is out, D12 is not 100% and others keep missing open shots, and now he takes over Nash's job and starts to share. I guess only Dr. O'neal can get you the answer for this change.
odom1year

Postby King of Clutch on Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:16 am

odom1year wrote:
TIME wrote:
karacha wrote:

Not blaming his game today, zero assist is just one of the concern. Not sure what is the best plan for current Lakers. Since Pau is out and D12 is not 100%, Kobe shooting 25+ shots now is acceptable and reasonable. Just not sure Kobe shooting 25+ or sharing mode will benefit us more. I'm confused...

Just wonder how come Kobe doesn't share it when everybody is healthy. Pau is out, D12 is not 100% and others keep missing open shots, and now he takes over Nash's job and starts to share. I guess only Dr. O'neal can get you the answer for this change.

You don't even watch the games. You've been caught a while back for simply looking at the stat sheet. Your opinion holds no merit. At least not in my opinion.
King of Clutch

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:25 am

man that s so lovely like some fans reacting here. he wasn t in mamba mode yesterday . he only took 15 shots made nine of them . he tried to pass the ball but no one couldn t hit anything. so zero assist is not on kobe it s on his teammmates they just bricked everything and they didn t even cut to the basket or had any ballmovement at all. kobe came to play yesterday every other not. how could you blame it on kobe ? he took lesser shots then the games at detroit and brooklynn for example and you guys put that loss and the shame on kobe ? :bang: . man it seems some outhere waiting for a loss to hate on kobe again. i don t like it. sahme on youall. if kobe didn t play yesterday we would have lost with over 50 points to a team that played a back to back. damn it :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:42 am

ESPN First Take ‏@ESPN_FirstTake
How much is @kobebryant to blame for last night's loss?
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Well it has been proven correct again. No one at ESPN actually watches the games.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby John3:16 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:53 am

I'll just say this: Kobe deserves better.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:00 am

Josh Magana‏@joshyboi224

@kobebryant what happened to magic mamba? #CountOnKobe to respond.

7 hKobe Bryant‏@kobebryant

@joshyboi224 can't get assist if ball don't go in the hole. Celtics played well. We gotta bounce back next game #magicmamba still in effect
wcsoldier81

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:50 am

Screw Kobe man. I'm sick of this guy. He all but shut the door on the possibility of retaining Dwight. For him to call out another teammate's injury like that and almost force him to play? Come on.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:54 am

JLaker17 wrote:I get that Dwight wants to heal up and all that, but Kobe is right. We don't have time to keep waiting for it to heal. We need wins and we need them now.

:bang: Are you for real man? I mean really? Do you know the extent of his injury? Does Kobe? Then you shouldn't comment. Who is Kobe to question the extent of another player's injury, especially if this player does NOT have a history of missing games or not giving max effort. Unreal.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Pig Miller on Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:57 am

kobe played fine yesterday, in fact he played rather well, not great. but not great only cause guys couldn't throw a pea in the ocean (miss you chick!)

there was no off ball movement of players at all, no off ball picks, no cutters, etc. you can't put that on kobe, and you can't blame kobe for guys missing decent looks.

however, i didn't like kobe's public comments on dwight. rather, it wasn't the comments but the fact that he brought it up at all. those are items you should keep in the locker room.

as a leader, you have to know that you cannot treat everyone the same. your job as a leader is to cater to others. this current day and age isn't conducive for the "my way or the highway" tactic. we all know that dwight is a sensitive guy, and that means you have to have a different management style with him.

had kobe said that we need dwight in the lineup to win and that he's an important part of this team, then i might have thought differently.
Pig Miller

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:00 am

Kobe should've kept this in-house. To publicly call out a man's injury is a direct challenge to his manhood, integrity, credibility, etc. Just a serious no-no. I mean just because YOU have the abilty to play through pain doesn't mean everyone else does. And besides, you just don't know the extent of Dwight's injury. One big slap on the shoulder just might've reaggrevated it and sidelined him for weeks.

Screw Kobe man. I'm just sick of him. I look forward to the post-Kobe era. An era of playing team ball and egos being thrown to the side.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby JLaker17 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:16 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
JLaker17 wrote:I get that Dwight wants to heal up and all that, but Kobe is right. We don't have time to keep waiting for it to heal. We need wins and we need them now.

:bang: Are you for real man? I mean really? Do you know the extent of his injury? Does Kobe? Then you shouldn't comment. Who is Kobe to question the extent of another player's injury, especially if this player does NOT have a history of missing games or not giving max effort. Unreal.

Players have played through torn labrums, and I know they've said that Dwight can't possibly damage it more than he already has. Nash plays/ed through pain when he came back, Steve Blake is, we all know Kobe does. You have to play through injuries at some point. It really doesn't even matter because he is pretty ineffective this year. We can only hope he'll gain all his athleticism back otherwise he will never be the same.
JLaker17

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:24 am

^^^^
You can re-aggravate anything. Kobe doesn't know squat about Dwight's shoulder and had no right to comment about it. Behind closed doors and one-on-one? Maybe? But publicly for the world to see? Complete low blow and he all but shut the door on Dwight returning. Thanks Kobe. :bang:
Lets Go Lakers

Postby kosstick on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:30 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:^^^^
You can re-aggravate anything. Kobe doesn't know squat about Dwight's shoulder and had no right to comment about it. Behind closed doors and one-on-one? Maybe? But publicly for the world to see? Complete low blow and he all but shut the door on Dwight returning. Thanks Kobe. :bang:

Sorry bro you are overreacting. I am with Kobe on this, and always will be. If Dwight is only at 75% he needs to stop whining about not getting touches. You can't want to be #1 or #2 option and then complain that your 75%
kosstick

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:33 am

Lets Go Lakers wrote:Screw Kobe man. I'm sick of this guy. He all but shut the door on the possibility of retaining Dwight. For him to call out another teammate's injury like that and almost force him to play? Come on.

:jam2: Boy, how I have missed your insights and wisdom. :bow:
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion