Kobe Bryant Discussion:#3 All Time!

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: pulls off a rare triple single

Postby DHL on Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:53 am

Bryant is heading to his 15th All Star Game and first with a losing record, 25-29. When he was reminiscing about Parker and Mihm, it was during camp, in the context of how far the Lakers had come from those dark days. Now, their record is even worse than in 2004-05, the only time Bryant has missed the playoffs. He has filled every conceivable role to jumpstart this team: he took all the shots and then he took none, he played off the ball and then he played with it, his defense was non-existent and then it was hyperactive. Down 20 in the fourth quarter Thursday, Bryant was still wrestling for offensive rebounds. As low as the Lakers may be, it was a reminder that they could sink further, because at some point they won't have Bryant or Buss to provide hope. Those two men, who have carried this franchise in different ways over the past decade-and-a-half, are both being confronted with their own basketball mortality.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/ne ... z2KxL6Plcf
Lakers fan since 1997
I LOVE THE CLUBLAKERS SIGNATURE RULES!!!!
DHL

Postby borri on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:09 am

revgen wrote:^Howard has done that forever. Even in Orlando he would smile and joke around when his team was losing. I'm not a big fan of it, and it looks like Kobe isn't either.

That's mildly put. I freaking hate it when I see it. L-O-S-E-R mentality in my books.

I for one was PROUD of Bynum when he closelined Barea after the sweep.
borri

Postby Tragic on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:10 am

sad.
Tragic

Postby JGC on Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:15 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:JGC you got your balance and we got our captain's quarters handed to us, oh well. Sometimes we lose, sometimes we win.

Balance doesn't mean we are going to win every night. We played one of the leagues best teams. Stick with that kind of balance and we will beat most teams on most nights.
JGC

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:27 am

Seems like you and a few others on here care more about what Kobe is doing, his stat line or playing a certain way than the team's actual success. We've experimented with every possibly offensive approach and still have one of the worst records in the NBA. He's the team leader/captain but the team is not full Kobe Bryants, other guys are out there playing too and a lot of our failed season relies on them as well. Not Kobe's stat sheet which is irrelevant if we're losing. People are putting too much emphasizes on it for whatever reason, I don't know. Some kind of personal gratification I guess.
Jazzygirl205

Postby denimPortugal on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:21 am

Kobe didn't deserve this! :man6:
denimPortugal

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:12 am

so all of you kobe haters . what now ? you asked kobe for changing his game a little . he did . you asked for balance his game more . he did and what is the result ? nothing more just a loss. kobe again had 20 points with less then 20 shots he gave 11 assists and end of the story lakers lost . so it s obvoius it s not kobe s fault . the other player who was there was a. jamison. no one other had a good game vs clippers. lakers need help and kobe knows it. look at his face after that raping from clippers , he was gonna explode . i hope fo will do what they have to do at at least bring k. martin a in , a guy who can defend and do the dirty work because it can t much worse then that right now. kobe was solid and had a good game . he had good balance 20 points and 11 assists but no one other was there to pick it up maybe jamison a little but that was it. unexapptabel effort and showing by lakers not named kobe bryant.only kobe can t fix it we need a real team and a real 2nd scorer which we don t have. a guy who can pick up the slack when kobe is not in scoring mode.
kobebryant248

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:21 am

:man10: too easy
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby khmrP on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:27 am

borri wrote:
revgen wrote:^Howard has done that forever. Even in Orlando he would smile and joke around when his team was losing. I'm not a big fan of it, and it looks like Kobe isn't either.

That's mildly put. I freaking hate it when I see it. L-O-S-E-R mentality in my books.

I for one was PROUD of Bynum when he closelined Barea after the sweep.

thats HORRIBLE, all that did was embarrase the organization :freak2:, all that show was he was lousy loser and wanted to get out of the game and quite , Howard smiling just embarrase himself
khmrP

Postby JGC on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:39 am

kobebryant248 wrote:so all of you kobe haters . what now ? you asked kobe for changing his game a little . he did . you asked for balance his game more . he did and what is the result ? nothing more just a loss. kobe again had 20 points with less then 20 shots he gave 11 assists and end of the story lakers lost . so it s obvoius it s not kobe s fault . the other player who was there was a. jamison. no one other had a good game vs clippers. lakers need help and kobe knows it. look at his face after that raping from clippers , he was gonna explode . i hope fo will do what they have to do at at least bring k. martin a in , a guy who can defend and do the dirty work because it can t much worse then that right now. kobe was solid and had a good game . he had good balance 20 points and 11 assists but no one other was there to pick it up maybe jamison a little but that was it. unexapptabel effort and showing by lakers not named kobe bryant.only kobe can t fix it we need a real team and a real 2nd scorer which we don t have. a guy who can pick up the slack when kobe is not in scoring mode.

I don't understand this.

I don't think anyone is saying the Clippers loss was Kobe's fault. He played a good game. He played with balance. His defense for the most part and turnovers again were eh, but I don't even think odom1year would say it's Kobe's fault.

The point of playing with balance is because it gives the team the best chance to win. Not that it gives you a 100% chance of winning.
JGC

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:46 am

see that was easy :man10:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby JGC on Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:46 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Seems like you and a few others on here care more about what Kobe is doing, his stat line or playing a certain way than the team's actual success. We've experimented with every possibly offensive approach and still have one of the worst records in the NBA. He's the team leader/captain but the team is not full Kobe Bryants, other guys are out there playing too and a lot of our failed season relies on them as well. Not Kobe's stat sheet which is irrelevant if we're losing. People are putting too much emphasizes on it for whatever reason, I don't know. Some kind of personal gratification I guess.

Kobe's stat sheet is irrelevant when we're losing? Huh? LOL. It's always relevant. If it wasn't for Kobe last night we probably would have lost by 30+.

The reason it might seem like people care more about what Kobe is doing than any other player, is because what Kobe does has more impact than any other player on this team. Wouldn't you agree? What sense would it make to talk just as much about what Devin Ebanks is doing as Kobe?

Do you post equally among all of the Laker player discussion threads? I'm willing to bet you post more in this one than any other. Is it because you care more about what Kobe is doing than the team's actual success?
JGC

Postby Tragic on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:50 am

You were right all along man.
Tragic

Postby Lakerjones on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:14 am

I knew from Kobe's anger during the game during the last several minutes that he was probably going to say or intimate something post game even though I hoped he wouldn't. Hard to keep it cool after that but . . . I think everyone needs to calm down and realize that it's only one game. They need to keep their eye on the big picture - which is making the playoffs. Yes, last night was embarrassing to lose that heavily to the guys from across the hall, but they have to take this in stride. Move on to the next games - win the next two. Keep up with the idea of winning 2 out of every 3 games. Can't get too high or low or emotional. Just get the numbers - make the playoffs.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby John3:16 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 am

Kobe the facilitator isn't working. Shooters need to shoot. Scorers need to score.

We should trade for someone like Nash who can do the facilitating and let Kobe do what he does best.

:bang:
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:34 am

The Rock wrote:https://twitter.com/mcten/status/302319879338475520

Kobe not naming names, but ... "After we lose by 20 or 30 points, we definitely can’t be laughing and joking around"

I wonder if Kobe will come now and retract his comments? Or will he the story was taken out of context, again? I don't mind the comments from Kobe; just don't say everything is maufactured from the media when you know it's not; it is quite clear to me Kobe & Dwight don't like playing together...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:35 am

kobebryant248 wrote:so all of you kobe haters . what now ? you asked kobe for changing his game a little . he did . you asked for balance his game more . he did and what is the result ? nothing more just a loss. kobe again had 20 points with less then 20 shots he gave 11 assists and end of the story lakers lost . so it s obvoius it s not kobe s fault . the other player who was there was a. jamison. no one other had a good game vs clippers. lakers need help and kobe knows it. look at his face after that raping from clippers , he was gonna explode . i hope fo will do what they have to do at at least bring k. martin a in , a guy who can defend and do the dirty work because it can t much worse then that right now. kobe was solid and had a good game . he had good balance 20 points and 11 assists but no one other was there to pick it up maybe jamison a little but that was it. unexapptabel effort and showing by lakers not named kobe bryant.only kobe can t fix it we need a real team and a real 2nd scorer which we don t have. a guy who can pick up the slack when kobe is not in scoring mode.

unexapptabel

unexapptabel
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:53 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:

unexapptabel

unacceptable i wanted to write. just was to hot and emotional. and it is no surprise that you clown use it to attack me :bang:

unexapptabel
kobebryant248

Postby John3:16 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 am

:man10: :man10:
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:54 am

John3:16 wrote::man10: :man10:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:55 am

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:

unexapptabel

unexapptabel

unacceptable i wanted to write. just was to hot and emotional. and it is no surprise that you clown use it to attack me :bang:
kobebryant248

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:56 am

^LOL. It's just a game. Calm down...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby kobebryant248 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:57 am

i know here in the forum some guys don t like me and make funny comments about me or jokes but you know what i don t care . :mad1:
kobebryant248

Postby John3:16 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:02 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:i know here in the forum some guys don t like me and make funny comments about me or jokes but you know what i don t care . :mad1:

That's almost as funny as "unexapptabel". Almost.

And I don't have anything against you.
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:03 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:i know here in the forum some guys don t like me and make funny comments about me or jokes but you know what i don t care . :mad1:

Not that I am a part of this current internet battle but I wanted to chime in on something....

If you say they make comments/jokes but you don't care then why are you bringing it up and adding a :mad1: face? Im just curious.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion