Kobe Discussion: Shutting it down; Puts Lakers FO on blast

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: pulls off a rare triple single

Postby LTLakerFan on Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:53 pm

borri wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:
nameant wrote:
“When you look back at this era there’s going to be a lot of players that you can pick from. You can talk about their greatness. This is a good era for basketball, and it would be led by Kobe Bryant – who was the greatest player in our era.” - Dwyane Wade

I've always liked DWade.

:man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: :man4: Seriously for me this quote blows me away for 2 reasons.

1. I've always assumed DWade didn't like Kobe from when Shaq came to the Heat and brought his stories and prejudice. And then the heated battles they always have and the chippiness between them. (ALTHOUGH I wonder what it was that he said in Kobes's ear after he brought him back in close following the first post game good byes) after Miami whipped us on Sunday 2/10) (I'd like to think he was actually recognizing what Kobe was going through having to play with a Diva again [?])

2. Wow. What is his definition of "this era" being that LeBron, his teammate, has been around for quite a while now???? HA!! I've always liked DWade! NOT!!! Wow!!!

LOL. I thought everyone got this inside joke. Guess not.

Say what...that's not directed at me for the I've always liked comment is it? I was referring to Wade's statement blows me away for 2 reasons, and then did the same "I've always liked" schtick myself ..... and Wow!!! again to his quote. Rereading, guess I wasn't clear.
LTLakerFan

Re: Kobe Discussion: frustrated, irritated, aggravated

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:22 am

Wade is giving Kobe some "props" back after the Mamba said he hasn't forgotten how great of player Wade is after the Heat game ... and since we suck this season Wade probably doesn't see Kobe as a threat anymore and is less "jealous" of him ...

Medias are boring with the MJ/Kobe/Lebron thing though ...

Kobe and Lebron are so different players and personnalities , they don't care about each other , no love no hate , they just seem indifferent to each other IMO
wcsoldier81

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:53 am

and since we suck this season Wade probably doesn't see Kobe as a threat anymore and is less "jealous" of him ...

Pretty much. Notice how quite a few people have been patronizing us this season saying cliches like it takes time or we've been injured and that we'll get it together soon. All only because we're a non factor to them
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:16 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:Wade is giving Kobe some "props" back after the Mamba said he hasn't forgotten how great of player Wade is after the Heat game ... and since we suck this season Wade probably doesn't see Kobe as a threat anymore and is less "jealous" of him ...

Medias are boring with the MJ/Kobe/Lebron thing though ...

Kobe and Lebron are so different players and personnalities , they don't care about each other , no love no hate , they just seem indifferent to each other IMO

Bingo.... Just wait till he retires, all kinds of butt kissing will come out of nowhere :man10:
Jazzygirl205

Postby JGC on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:45 am

I think we all enjoy it when we see genuine, Kobe butt kissing. That is entirely AXXAPTABBLE.
JGC

Postby LooN3y on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:00 am

borri wrote:
revgen wrote:^Howard has done that forever. Even in Orlando he would smile and joke around when his team was losing. I'm not a big fan of it, and it looks like Kobe isn't either.

That's mildly put. I freaking hate it when I see it. L-O-S-E-R mentality in my books.

I for one was PROUD of Bynum when he closelined Barea after the sweep.

I love it, loved the James harden too.

LAKERS SMASH!
LooN3y

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:02 pm

I wonder how Kobe feels about the constant media affirmation of LeBron being better than Jordan, after being told "He'll never be better than Jordan" from the beginning of his career? No 81 point games, no 40+ streak games, no 50+ streak games, no 60+ points in a quarter against teams, none of that. He's basically matched or done close to the same things as Jordan but people still never gave him in sense that he'll ever be on his level. MJ never felt threatened, because he always had confirmation no one would touch his legacy not even Kobe. But now fast forward to the future and a player doing the same exact thing, streaks and all of these individual achievements is being told he's better than MJ by the media, and fans with no regard for MJ's commentary or beliefs. It has to sting internally and play on his conscience.
Jazzygirl205

Postby kobebryant248 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:12 pm

sorry for the question but does someone have the sick kobe dunk as he schooled crawford vs clippers from thursday with all replays in hd ? :jam2:
kobebryant248

Postby Nikez on Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I wonder how Kobe feels about the constant media affirmation of LeBron being better than Jordan, after being told "He'll never be better than Jordan" from the beginning of his career?\

He most likely does not give a hoot
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Kobe Bryant wrote:At least lil @CP3 and baby Mamba can play together NBA can't veto this one Ha! pic.twitter.com/pJAjr2wJ
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Weezy on Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Lol, I laugh through the pain. F you Stern.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:07 pm

:man10: :man10: :man10: this is great ... but still makes me angry a bit :disagree:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Tragic on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:13 pm

:man10:
Tragic

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:33 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

Kobe Bryant wrote:At least lil @CP3 and baby Mamba can play together NBA can't veto this one Ha! pic.twitter.com/pJAjr2wJ

priceless :man10: :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby therealdeal on Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:24 pm

Weezy wrote:Lol, I laugh through the pain. F you Stern.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:52 am

His younger daughter :man10:
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby MC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:28 am

Nikez wrote:
Jazzygirl205 wrote:I wonder how Kobe feels about the constant media affirmation of LeBron being better than Jordan, after being told "He'll never be better than Jordan" from the beginning of his career?\

He most likely does not give a hoot

I agree

Consider who's driving this so called debate....cough,cough BSpn (espn)....... and that's all you have to say to discredit the argument itself.

They might as well call it the Lebron network........

I've listened to the arguments all week laughing at the total hypocrisy in the arguments...... even going as far as contradicting their own arguments within the same paragraphs at times...... pure entertainment by clearly bias perspective.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby MC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:40 am

phoenixrisingla wrote:
kobebryant248 wrote:i don t get it why we battle it out in the kobe bryant thread. in my eyes in that thread it has to about kobe and not attacking me or make jokes at my costs but that s maybe the reason why lakers fan base is called the worst by any other fan base . making jokes at costs of a fan from the same team ? wow

Give him a little break guys, which of us can claim we've never made a spelling/syntax error. :jam2:

But that spelling of unacceptable did make me chuckle. :mhihi:

I agree pheonixrisingla

It is funny when we make mistakes like that but for the moderators they need to be more consistent with their message and rules......

How is it that people who use the grammar or spelling thing to ridicule people is not somehow baiting?

Why is it people including moderators themselves continue to get away with it when it's obvious it offends some people?

seems like a double standard to me that certain "privileged" people around here get away with.

People should stick to basketball in a basketball chat forum...... if they want to make a grammar topic by all means have at it where it belongs.

The Lakers are a global phenomenon....... that means there will be times when people who's first language is not English will be posting..... does that mean it's open game on those people based on not agreeing with their position? there are younger people on here as well that might not be as polished as some of the vets on this site....is that the green light to ridicule because they can't defuse an actual debate within the topic itself? IMO it's very dis-respectful in that sense.

I can be disrespectful at times (my mental midget comments when heated lol) but at least I'm up front with it, not hiding being veiled attacks with irrelevancy........

It's obvious that KobeBryant248 is offended and taking his basketball argument seriously......... people should stop baiting the guy

just saying......
MC

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:04 am

Wow. The guy made a funny spelling error and a few people laughed, it really wasn't that big of a deal, I don't see the need to make a soapbox speech about it. No, it's not cool to make fun of people for spelling errors, spelling is hardly the biggest measure of intelligence, but some people laughed, they didn't exactly call the guy stupid or anything. And not that it makes it ok to laugh at the guy, but have you read his posts other than the one you're citing? They're never anything different than him spouting off about the "haters" and Kobe this Kobe that, full of unnecessary drama and emoticons, honestly it comes across as mostly nonsense. If he wanted to be taken seriously maybe he shouldn't post constantly in a way that makes people see him as anything but serious. I don't see a guy taking his basketball argument seriously, I see a guy making overreaction posts on a comical level, almost seemingly on purpose to get a reaction, inviting negative reactions by starting his posts by calling out the "haters". Why defend this guy honestly? Nobody is even attacking him, like 3 people laughed at a word he spelled funny and then it was forgotten.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby MC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:27 am

^

at least he's keeping the post on topic ........

whether one agrees with the post or posts of a poster or not there is a difference in relevancy is there not?

Not sure how one differentiates between opinions when every post out here is nothing more than opinion....

Nauseating or not we are not talking about cut and dry facts when discussing these topics now are we.... these discussions are purely opinion and nothing more..... not sure what makes one opinion more relevant than another when there is not measurable data to support one's position to begin with.

There are way too many variables within a team sport to make such cut and dry arguments IMO based a single player but we have both sides of the debate always trying to single things out in such cut and dry terms..... I think people who view things in that kind of simplicity don't understand the dynamics of team sports themselves but at the same time I won't try and discredit a person based on his spelling ...... that is to simplistic in nature.

I wouldn't mention it if it wasn't the same people that do it to multiple posters........

patterns are not forgotten......... just because it's a hit and run style of disposition.

No worries though........... I guess "baiting" is just a subjective term about nothing used to the discretion of the judge rather than the victim..... sort of like the term terrorist
MC

Postby Weezy on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:38 am

Who took the post off topic first here, seriously? Again, not that serious, not sure why you're turning this into some big moral issue or philosophical debate. If the vets and mods here are so terrible why stay, I'm sure there are plenty of Lakers forums out there that are so much better, you know the Internet being filled with mostly rational people who can't hide behind anonymity to say whatever they want and all. Oh wait that's the opposite of the the Internet my mistake. At least we have things like a swear filter here and try our best to keep things civil, organized, and have overall really good discussions going on. But I guess we're not perfect like most sites so we should be singled out for it.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby MC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:42 am

^

why should I?

because I decided to defend someone you don't agree with Weez?

I like the multiple views of others and there are great posters on this site with very relevant an astute points..... why should I give that up based on the right given to ridicule with irrelevancy?

I guess that the answer around here when someone sees it different than the mods lol..... the old take your ball home mentality.

anyways..... I won't go any further with it....... no big deal really...... just find it funny the double standards afforded to some individuals around here.

Maybe I'm not clear on what baiting is as a clear term..... I guess that's just a grey area for the mods to differ when they see fit or are annoyed with someone. Nothing better than a grey rule.

I understand you guys have a difficult job as mods and I think you guys do a great job with this site but on the other hand this is not just a 1 time thing around here.... I've been a member on this site long enough to know it goes on quite a bit. Sorry for pointing it out.
MC

Postby kobebryant248 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:13 am

first i wanna thank some members here for standing up and try to give me a break from all the attacking. i take that sport seriously and i really like kobe bryant . i was offended numerous time here only why i defended kobe and no one gave a damn s... of it . but when i say something to an other member here i receive a warning maybe a banning.but it s ok i might understand it now because i am not a veteran member here and i don t have the same rights like some other members here . they can say and post they want and nothing will happen. i don t know why you are so mean to me mr. weezy or at least rude at me . i never said something what was bad to you but it s ok . it s obvious you don t like me , i can see that on your comments. some guys here waiting to attack kobe if he had a bad game even when he has a good game he will be attacked . by the way mr. weezy i don t say kobe haters in every posts but in many and because they are so many haters here in cl i say it. but it seems i am not allowed to do that . i can t speak out my mind freely . others are allowed. i hope mr . weezy you will never come in that situation where every post that you make will be constantly attacked . so thanks for nothing mr. weezy
kobebryant248

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:30 am

What the f*** is happening here? :man10:

kobebryant248: you've been given the exact same treatment as anybody else. I can tell you honestly and from experience that we have seen your posts, noticed your trends and posting style, and have taken your views into account. You're a Kobe fan, that much is obvious, but you can be sensitive about him and you get very defensive very quickly. Almost to the point of attack on many occasions.

That being said, we haven't banned you or warned you for a lot of things that could warrant such an action. We usually let people post as they will. Being a senior member doesn't grant you the ability to come into any major forum and get away with more than a newer member. If there's a discrepancy, it would stem only from the fact that we know the poster and we know their style and maybe sense of humor. That way we know when and if they are joking.

It's not about how new you are, but about how well you build an argument and stick to it. There's newer posters here that have great rapport with the staff (Finwe comes to mind).

In this instance, I think it's important to be able to laugh at yourself. You made a spelling mistake, it happens. I'd guess I might have made one in this post. If you make a spelling mistake and someone calls you on it, just laugh it off. It's just a silly thing that happens. Maybe you fall of your chair at school/work or you trip over your shoelace in front of your friends. It's just funny and silly and it's no big deal. That's why no one is in any big trouble here.

If you're seriously offended, come to us. Come to the moderators and be open about it. We'll be receptive to your complaints. We'll take what you have to say into consideration and we'll do something about it.

There's no reason to think that a new member here can't be just as welcome as an older member, if not more so at times. We love having new members who have strong opinions. Your opinion is obviously very strong. Just keep bringing it to conversations and when someone responds to you, respond back. When someone makes a joke at your expense, joke back. Or if you find the joke offensive, come to us. We'll figure something out.

As for MC, I'm not sure why you feel the need to start going around the moderators and calling us out. The guy spelled something wrong and some people had a laugh about it. It's funny. What's wrong with that? If he was seriously offended, he can come to us and we'll do something about it, but there are some things that you should be able to laugh at yourself about and most people should laugh at themselves a bit when you spell something wrong. It's just a silly thing.

But in calling out the moderators you've done exactly what you said shouldn't have been done and you derailed the thread. If you've got a problem, take it up with us, don't call us out and try to make a statement.

Now please. Back to Kobe Bryant. Tonight's game should be fun. I'll be interested to see what kind of Kobe we see tonight.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby MC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:44 am

yes sir...right away sir ........

I don't find all star games interesting one bit......... all I ever hope for is that Laker personnel don't get hurt. How they play or don't play in these games means very little.

Gooooo no injuries
MC

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion