Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Discussion: frustrated, irritated, aggravated

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:49 am

Good.

I find the All-Star game itself fascinating. Watching the egos of all of these vastly overpaid men working together and watching them all at different points in the game try to be "the man". It's a great study in macho behavior.

All of the surrounding All-Star events have become vastly less entertaining.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:57 am

MC wrote:^

why should I?

because I decided to defend someone you don't agree with Weez?

I like the multiple views of others and there are great posters on this site with very relevant an astute points..... why should I give that up based on the right given to ridicule with irrelevancy?

I guess that the answer around here when someone sees it different than the mods lol..... the old take your ball home mentality.

anyways..... I won't go any further with it....... no big deal really...... just find it funny the double standards afforded to some individuals around here.

Maybe I'm not clear on what baiting is as a clear term..... I guess that's just a grey area for the mods to differ when they see fit or are annoyed with someone. Nothing better than a grey rule.

I understand you guys have a difficult job as mods and I think you guys do a great job with this site but on the other hand this is not just a 1 time thing around here.... I've been a member on this site long enough to know it goes on quite a bit. Sorry for pointing it out.

This is probably not the forum for it, but I do have to agree with you. I've seen some very veteran posters make some clear cut direct personal attacks with no repercussions. Nothing. You see mods bypassing the swear filter ALL the time then punishing others for doing the same thing. I've seen mods bait posters who feel provoked and then respond and get warned or banned. Frankly, if we could get anywhere near NBA officiating level with the enforcement of forum rules we'd be light years ahead of where we are now.

Having said that, they do have a tough job and no one should think it is easy. There's a lot of context at play. But being fair and consistent shouldn't be too difficult. If it's a foul, it's a foul. If there are going to be people for whom the leash will be tighter versus looser, I think that CAN be ok as long as there is transparency about it to set user's expectations.

Anyway, I do wish there was a proper thread/forum for this outside of the one that is buried because I think a LOT of posters share your sentiments, but at the same time, I don't think we should 'ruin' the Kobe Discussion thread talking about it either.
JGC

Postby JGC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:59 am

therealdeal wrote:Good.

I find the All-Star game itself fascinating. Watching the egos of all of these vastly overpaid men working together and watching them all at different points in the game try to be "the man". It's a great study in macho behavior.

All of the surrounding All-Star events have become vastly less entertaining.

Totally agree with your last point. I mean, what is the point of the West vs East point totals anyway. I mean... honestly, they can get rid of the All-Star festivities and I would barely notice. The game has become a joke too. There is no trying on defense.

Maybe they can do it where all of the positions are reversed. Centers have to play point, and point guards have to play in the post!
JGC

Postby John3:16 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:02 am

I personally love the All Star game, for what it is. Free flowing offense, spectacular dunks, premier athletes not bogged down by an offensive system or defense.

I hope for no injuries and another Kobe MVP.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:05 am

It just hit me, when Kobe retires, a couple of months after this thread this probably go way back into the abyss of this forum...enjoy this thread while you can :man6:

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:06 am

JGC wrote:
MC wrote:^

why should I?

because I decided to defend someone you don't agree with Weez?

I like the multiple views of others and there are great posters on this site with very relevant an astute points..... why should I give that up based on the right given to ridicule with irrelevancy?

I guess that the answer around here when someone sees it different than the mods lol..... the old take your ball home mentality.

anyways..... I won't go any further with it....... no big deal really...... just find it funny the double standards afforded to some individuals around here.

Maybe I'm not clear on what baiting is as a clear term..... I guess that's just a grey area for the mods to differ when they see fit or are annoyed with someone. Nothing better than a grey rule.

I understand you guys have a difficult job as mods and I think you guys do a great job with this site but on the other hand this is not just a 1 time thing around here.... I've been a member on this site long enough to know it goes on quite a bit. Sorry for pointing it out.

This is probably not the forum for it, but I do have to agree with you. I've seen some very veteran posters make some clear cut direct personal attacks with no repercussions. Nothing. You see mods bypassing the swear filter ALL the time then punishing others for doing the same thing. I've seen mods bait posters who feel provoked and then respond and get warned or banned. Frankly, if we could get anywhere near NBA officiating level with the enforcement of forum rules we'd be light years ahead of where we are now.

Having said that, they do have a tough job and no one should think it is easy. There's a lot of context at play. But being fair and consistent shouldn't be too difficult. If it's a foul, it's a foul. If there are going to be people for whom the leash will be tighter versus looser, I think that CAN be ok as long as there is transparency about it to set user's expectations.

Anyway, I do wish there was a proper thread/forum for this outside of the one that is buried because I think a LOT of posters share your sentiments, but at the same time, I don't think we should 'ruin' the Kobe Discussion thread talking about it either.

You're not going to throw this post in here and continue derailing the thread. If you post regarding this again, it'll be deleted.

If you have a problem with the moderating staff, go ahead and PM me and I'll take it to the staff and to the administrators. If not, then stop trying to call us out to the general public. All you're doing is baiting the staff. Thanks.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:14 am

^ I clicked to reply before your post and then submitted after your post. Sorry about that.
JGC

Postby MC on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:20 am

I think the all-star game would be a lot more interesting if they made it count for something so we can actually see basketball instead of outdoor like ball..........

like the winner gets home court in the finals :man1:

That would make these games really matter and see a guy actually defend......

I'm not impressed with offense when there is little more than pylon like defense in front of it.....

but that's just me...... I like the competition of sports, not the theatrics I guess
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby Kingsama on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:29 am

MC wrote:I think the all-star game would be a lot more interesting if they made it count for something so we can actually see basketball instead of outdoor like ball..........

like the winner gets home court in the finals :man1:

That would make these games really matter and see a guy actually defend......

I'm not impressed with offense when there is little more than pylon like defense in front of it.....

but that's just me...... I like the competition of sports, not the theatrics I guess

I too miss the days when NBA superstars gave a damn about the all star game and took it as an opportunity to compete with the best of the best.
Kingsama

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:42 am

I've actually thought the last few all star games have been fairly competitive by the time they get to the 2nd half. There's a lot of alpha dog pride going on. Now the old rookie vs sophomore or rising stars games...... complete jokes in that regard.
LTLakerFan

Postby Vasashi17 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:15 am

Lets keep the Kobe thread about Kobe please.

In terms with moderation, you can PM the appropriate party or take to the Sites Rules, Suggestion & Comment forum.

Lastly, we have members from all over the map coming to this site! The Laker grasp spares no one and since its a global brand, not everybody here speaks English as their primary language. Lets all be mature and accommodating to both our domestic and foreign brethren. We're all Laker fans here in some facet, so lets keep it classy fam. Mistakes are bound to happen both from the members and the moderators....we're all human and error-free. So please understand that everybody is doing their best and its particularly hard with the type of season we are having, cause everybody is on edge.

That being said, I apologize for derailing this thread once again and I hope the Mamba once again demonstrates to the world why he's the best in the game. Btw, that pic he posted is both satisfying and upsetting in what could have been. Never truly understood the Stern hate until that fateful day...now we all understand it far too well! :mad1:
Vasashi17
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:17 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:It just hit me, when Kobe retires, a couple of months after this thread this probably go way back into the abyss of this forum...enjoy this thread while you can :man6:

I'll bump it few times a week regardless, no worries :man9:
kenzo

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:37 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:It just hit me, when Kobe retires, a couple of months after this thread this probably go way back into the abyss of this forum...enjoy this thread while you can :man6:

It'll be like a memorabilia thread :man5: You know reflecting on what was and what will never be again. I'm already a sap don't make it worse lol.
Jazzygirl205

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:58 pm

Part of me thinks Kobe still has a "grand-tour-like-a-rock-god" in him for a year or two in Europe after he's done competing in the NBA. If he's healthy. Look at the money to be made and his world brand, like Jordan, helped for his after retirement earnings.
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:47 pm

That'd make me sad.

I know it'd be good for basketball in general and for those leagues to have a legitimate superstar finally playing internationally, but it'd lower HIS standards as a basketball player. The ONLY reason for an NBA level player to go over to Europe is if the NBA doesn't exist...

or if that player isn't NBA caliber anymore.
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:17 pm

Kobe can do a humanitarian tour overseas and invest his time and effort in players internationally to make them better basketball players. Even in the era of the LeBron's, Durant's, Kyrie's, Chris Paul's, he's still far more respected internationally. Remember during the Olympics a player asked for his autograph? One thing I like about fans of sports overseas is that they love players for what they did to the game. They don't alienate one player to uplift the other they truly, deeply enjoy the sport and what the player has done for it. That's why as a sports fan if I had to live across seas I'd do so in a heartbeat. Being in America we're so spoiled, and fickle when it comes to "EVERYTHING" we love arguing for the sake of arguing so we can see who's voice is the loudest, and who's more right that we totally ignore the subject at hand.But I wouldn't be surprised if he moved out of America to further his attachment to basketball. He's accepted better overseas. Most of the comments on his facebook page and twitter are from fans overseas, not in America.
Jazzygirl205

Postby last stand on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:56 pm

I see Kobe's plan. Retire after next season. Sit for 2 years, wait for Mitch to build around Dwight, have Dwight learn how to win, come back after a couple years rest to win another ring
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby LTLakerFan on Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:50 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:Kobe can do a humanitarian tour overseas and invest his time and effort in players internationally to make them better basketball players. Even in the era of the LeBron's, Durant's, Kyrie's, Chris Paul's, he's still far more respected internationally. Remember during the Olympics a player asked for his autograph? One thing I like about fans of sports overseas is that they love players for what they did to the game. They don't alienate one player to uplift the other they truly, deeply enjoy the sport and what the player has done for it. That's why as a sports fan if I had to live across seas I'd do so in a heartbeat. Being in America we're so spoiled, and fickle when it comes to "EVERYTHING" we love arguing for the sake of arguing so we can see who's voice is the loudest, and who's more right that we totally ignore the subject at hand.But I wouldn't be surprised if he moved out of America to further his attachment to basketball. He's accepted better overseas. Most of the comments on his facebook page and twitter are from fans overseas, not in America.

I just read more slowly what you expressed a second time. Really, really ..... :bow: :bow:
LTLakerFan

Postby borri on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:45 pm

therealdeal wrote:That'd make me sad.

I know it'd be good for basketball in general and for those leagues to have a legitimate superstar finally playing internationally, but it'd lower HIS standards as a basketball player. The ONLY reason for an NBA level player to go over to Europe is if the NBA doesn't exist...

or if that player isn't NBA caliber anymore.

Kobe going to Europe to play is UNACCEPTABLE!!!! :man12: :man10:
borri

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:16 pm

King blocked :jam2:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Nikez on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:19 pm

last stand wrote:I see Kobe's plan. Retire after next season. Sit for 2 years, wait for Mitch to build around Dwight, have Dwight learn how to win, come back after a couple years rest to win another ring

That would be EPIC. We'd get to compare it to jordan playing baseball :man1: :man1:
Before long, someone recognized Phil Jackson sitting in the front seat, and then the rocks began to fly. Revelers pelted the bus and shook it, mocking the Lakers at their lowest moment.

It was painful,” Lakers forward Pau Gasol(notes) said. “It is a feeling that I want to keep in my mind for every single minute that I’m out there playing them.
Nikez

Postby JLaker17 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:24 pm

Kobe D'in up Lebron to close the game. :jam2:
JLaker17

Postby odom1year on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:27 pm

Kobe played excellent defense on Lebron. :man4: :man4:
odom1year

Postby Balance&Options24 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:30 pm

Lebron shied away from the ball towards the end with Kobe all over him.
If you want to be a hero, you gotta take hero shots -R. Miller
Balance&Options24

Postby therealdeal on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Kobe locked up LeBron so badly. :man10:

Two blocks in a row late from the old man... how embarrassing for LeBron :man10:
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion