Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Discussion: "He Jalen Rosed me" - Kobe out indefinitely

Postby SK8 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:38 pm

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
I've cried foul play enough Big boy pants time for me. #tweetvent what else is this thing for? Political correctness? Ha. #saywatufeel

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant
17yrs. Countless fades. This has happened TWICE. Jalen and Now Ankle still very swollen. Treatment all day #focus

picture:
https://twitter.com/kobebryant/status/312269229388877826/photo/1
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:42 pm

Ugh, that's nasty. At least it isn't all bruised and purple. I've seen some bad ankles, but this seems like he'll recover fine.

it's a part of ballin and Kobe's the one man who can come back from anything. #focus
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby Elle on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:42 pm

k0i308v3 wrote:I didn't think much of it when it happened, but I BOUGHT TWO TICKETS TO THE INDY GAME TO WATCH THEM PLAY, for the sole reason of seeing Kobe before he retires. I don't make the money to blow on games yearly, and he got INJURED. I have never been so depressed over a game in my life. LE SIGH. I hope by some miracle I get to see him play this Friday would be amazing.. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ATL HAWKS.

Are tickets very expensive? I know any time I've wanted good seats I've paid $150+ but I would think it would be less to see them play the Pacers in Indiana, am I wrong?
Elle

Postby Forward Three on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:43 pm

Aside from being kind of illiterate... Kobe is great on Twitter.
Forward Three

Postby LTLakerFan on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:55 pm

^^^ liked the ("time for him to put on big boy pants") and stop crying about it. He's of course a very literate guy.
LTLakerFan

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:56 pm

gcclaker wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:Here is my view..

1. The play was dirty as hell but that idiot didn't intentionally hurt Kobe that was an accident to me.
2. Inspite of that being an accident it was a foul because Jones never made a play on the ball he just walked into a defenseless player. (If Bruce Bowen calls it out that says a lot)
3. The "Kobe kicked his foot out" argument doesn't work because Kobe was A) fading away on the shot and it was Jones that closed the distant, B) It was Kobes left leg that was further from jones which again was only created by Jones running under him.
4. The Lakers didn't lose because of that no-call. They lost because of blown layups, shots and defensive assignments.

Well said.

Yep...sounds like they were all not there mentally. The coaching staff should be culpable as well. Checking the ticker last night, when they had it down to single digits as ugly as it was I thought they could eke it out.

here is why I am not blaiming the coaching staff. We lost EC early which is costly but more importantly we missed so many gimmie shots. It wasn't like they left Meeks getting burned in the post play after play like the other day. Stu said, the team on the floor has been the Lakers best defensive team late in games. When we got up by 4 in with 5 minutes to go we had so many shots rim or roll off the rim. It has been a rarity late when we haven't been able to close the deal. In my opinion the players didn't execute late and that cost us the game. I still expect us to bounce back against Indy like we have done since the all star break.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:01 pm

^Didn't see the game [no TWC] but thanks for the gist. If they had that many shots that were in and outs then it wasn't meant to be. One of those evenings... Didn't know they even had a four point lead. They tried to make the plays just didn't go down then.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:11 pm

^There was a shot in the final two minutes where Kobe shoots it short, follows his shot and gets the rebound, turns (no defender) and shoots a little 3 foots shot.... result? Miss it bounced right out. ANother play MWP cut perfectly and Kobe hits him for the layup... result? Ball rolls around rim and off. Nash gets to the rim 3 different times... result? ball rolls off each time. I mean we could not buy a shot though we got plenty of chances.
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby Punk-101 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:16 pm

As i opened the LD thread, my eye caught a glimpse of "ankle ok, will play vs Indy". HOLY CRAP! :jam2: Oh, wait a minute..... :man10:
“Action has meaning only in relationship; and without understanding relationship, action on any level will only breed conflict. The understanding of relationship is infinitely more important than the search for any plan of action.”
-Jiddu Krishnamurti
Punk-101

Postby k0i308v3 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:26 pm

Elle wrote:
k0i308v3 wrote:I didn't think much of it when it happened, but I BOUGHT TWO TICKETS TO THE INDY GAME TO WATCH THEM PLAY, for the sole reason of seeing Kobe before he retires. I don't make the money to blow on games yearly, and he got INJURED. I have never been so depressed over a game in my life. LE SIGH. I hope by some miracle I get to see him play this Friday would be amazing.. [Swearing is not permitted at Clublakers. You must edit this post prior to submitting.] ATL HAWKS.

Are tickets very expensive? I know any time I've wanted good seats I've paid $150+ but I would think it would be less to see them play the Pacers in Indiana, am I wrong?

No not very I got two behind the Broadcaster's tables for a little over $600. So yeah some money but at the same time I have two kids and bills. This was the one good shot and my 1st time going to a game that Kobe would play in,period. I went to see a Pistons game when I was younger but paid for by my dad. It's just depressing lol.
k0i308v3

Postby Elle on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:31 pm

Oh man that sucks, on the other hand I might just go to Indiana next year to see the Lakers play if I can get tickets like those for 600! Ack, bills make my head hurt! I hope it's a good game for you tho, have fun and enjoy watching Ron miss 3's!
Elle

Postby KB24 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:52 pm

one of this 2 things...

1. It isn't Kobe who is tweeting
2. He has been on twitter before incognito

he tweets like a pro from day 1...no question. Or is that the work ethic to be perfect at everything? lol

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Doc Brown on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:04 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
More from NBA: Jones "did not give him the opportunity to land cleanly back on the floor. Bryant should have been granted two free throws."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

8 mins Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
From NBA: "After review at league office, video replay confirmed referees missed foul call on Jones as he challenged Bryant's shot..."
Expand

Thank you to the fan....err.....ref who missed this call because he was too busy being a fan and seeing if the shot went in rather than doing his job. :jam2:
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:04 pm

its definitely kobe thats tweeting. hes had experience before from when he took over the nike basketball twitter for a week or whatever it was. it isnt really that hard to pick up though. the facebook posts, on the other hand, arent him directly.
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:08 pm

So since the refs missed the call, let's petition a replay of those last few seconds with Kobe shooting his free throws.

Once his ankle gets healed up again. Which could take weeks. Which will cost us playoff positioning.

F*** everybody!
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:13 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
More from NBA: Jones "did not give him the opportunity to land cleanly back on the floor. Bryant should have been granted two free throws."
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

8 mins Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
From NBA: "After review at league office, video replay confirmed referees missed foul call on Jones as he challenged Bryant's shot..."
Expand

Thank you to the fan....err.....ref who missed this call because he was too busy being a fan and seeing if the shot went in rather than doing his job. :jam2:

He actually saw Kobe get taken out. But he was a coward and immediately looked at the shot instead to pretend like nothing happened. He didn't want to have that kind of pressure put on him to send Kobe to the line for FTs in an away game.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby scheven on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:33 pm

I'm glad the league admitted that it should have been a foul. Can't really expect them to make it a flagrant or suspend Jones because that move is not "officially" dirty. But they should really consider adding that to the rulebook.
scheven

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:41 pm

Didn't see this posted yet, another day, another great Woj article.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kobe-bryant-has-little-time-for-pain-in-race-against-clock-202322244.html

Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers have little time for pain in race against clock

ATLANTA – The vastness of the vitriol Kobe Bryant unleashed onto the Atlanta Hawks' Dahntay Jones suggested something about the severity of the Los Angeles Lakers' star's ankle sprain. Blood in Bryant's eyes, vengeance in his heart and, maybe most of all, a fear that a most fragile season has been imperiled.

For all Bryant's rage and belief that Jones had slid his foot beneath his own on a fadeaway to leave him no landing spot , a play he told Yahoo! Sports that was "dirty and dangerous," this, too, is a rage over lost opportunity and lost time.

However long Bryant sits out with this severe ankle sprain, however soon he returns and plays with the pain, he understands his body and understood this wouldn't be something he'd simply grit his teeth, pop some Advil and resume elite basketball consequence-free.

When the Lakers ruled out Bryant indefinitely with a "severe" sprain, he still refused to rule himself out of Friday's game against the Indiana Pacers. As Bryant underwent treatment on the swollen ankle on Thursday, the prospects of a return to the floor within 24 hours is bleak.

Back on Monday night, Bryant stood outside his locker and spoke softly of time running out, of urgency, and how his teammate, Dwight Howard, had truly come to understand this most important reality for the Lakers.

"We don't have time," Bryant told me. "We have now."

And suddenly, it felt like everything had started to come together. Howard was growing with strength and spryness from back surgery, Pau Gasol had resumed workouts and inched closer to a return, and Bryant had been playing brilliant basketball. The Lakers had stopped thinking about making the playoffs, and believed they could charge for the sixth seed in the Western Conference.

In his 17th season, Bryant thinks of his basketball mortality every day. He thinks of his knees and how he feared that they were shot two years ago, the reasons he'd have to retire far too soon. He thinks of a landscape of younger stars and dynamic teams, and how slight the margin for error lies with these Lakers.

Bryant thinks of his generation of stars in the sport – how they've mostly come and gone – and yet somehow his own willingness to remain on a relentless path allows for him to still tower in the sport. Kobe Bryant isn't supposed to still be Kobe Bryant.

With headphones fastened over his head, music filling his ears in a chilly, empty corridor of Philips Arena past 11 p.m. Wednesday night, Bryant limped to the loading dock and bus. He had gone on a spectacular scoring spree in the third quarter, brought the Lakers back and had most of the arena standing and screaming and now it was all gone again.

Out of nowhere in the hallway, a 20-something fan in a Lakers No. 24 jersey came running toward him, a remnant of a surreal night that had transformed from bright to dark as rapidly as this Lakers season had from bleak to promising. Security stopped the fan and Bryant kept limping into the night, into the uncertainty that comes now.

Here it was, the Hawks' building, and Howard's hometown and Bryant had made it his own at 34 years old. Here it was, Kobe Bryant and the Lakers on a run, and yet in a season of stops and starts, the fragility of this franchise's pursuit had come crashing down on them.

For everyone else still talking of rising in the Western Conference, pushing past San Antonio and Oklahoma City and everyone else, Bryant still thinks about the perfectly healthy, perfectly primed LeBron James and the Miami Heat, a runaway championship train. Bryant isn't chasing playoff seeds, nor conference championships – only a sixth NBA title – and that could only come under the most perfect of circumstances.

As much as anything, this was the reason Bryant had so much anger for Dahntay Jones and an ankle sprain he considered the most severe in his past 13 years in the NBA.

Eventually, Bryant will find a way to play with the pain, and play well, but it gets harder now, so much harder. It always comes back to what he's been telling everyone and had said softly outside his locker only a day earlier: Kobe Bryant and these Lakers don't have time. They only have now.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:42 pm

Wow, an apology? Good bloody job. Now go fine the damn ref for making a missed call.
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby therealdeal on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:48 pm

That article made me feel worse, Weezy.

What the hell, man? :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Weezy on Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:52 pm

It's beautifully written though, and it's true, didn't make me feel good but I enjoyed it.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:24 pm

John Ireland said on the radio, Dahntay went up to Chris Duhon (they were teammates in college) and told him Kobe is faking the injury because he missed the final shot. Somebody punch this mofo in the mouth please

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:30 pm

The reaction from the 29th other teams and the bloggers/writers has pissed me off the most. very little sympathy shown. A Sacramento Kings writer whos in charge of probably the biggest NBA blog (SBNation) made me want to puke, basically saying the injury was no big deal and justifying the dirty play

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/14/4103006/kobe-bryant-injury-dahntay-jones-lakers

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:35 pm

The Rock wrote:John Ireland said on the radio, Dahntay went up to Chris Duhon (they were teammates in college) and told him Kobe is faking the injury because he missed the final shot. Somebody punch this mofo in the mouth please

If true, nine letter word. Starts with a "d" and ends with a "g"...
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby checkers09 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:41 pm

The Rock wrote:The reaction from the 29th other teams and the bloggers/writers has pissed me off the most. very little sympathy shown. A Sacramento Kings writer whos in charge of probably the biggest NBA blog (SBNation) made me want to puke, basically saying the injury was no big deal and justifying the dirty play

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/14/4103006/kobe-bryant-injury-dahntay-jones-lakers

Ugh.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion