Kobe Discussion: Happy with the FO effort (806)

Re: Kobe Discussion: "He Jalen Rosed me" - Kobe out indefinitely

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:43 pm

Him defending himself on 1st take

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:52 pm

1st take discuss the play. Stephen A calls him out for walking into him and committing a dirty play

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9051638

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby SK8 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:13 pm

I just saw rumor from HoopsHype that Kobe is not playing next 2 games?!
ONLY 2 games, wow, this guy is not human...
The second place means you're the first loser
ex Uncle Drew
SK8

Postby lakersyunowin on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:19 pm

gcclaker wrote:
The Rock wrote:John Ireland said on the radio, Dahntay went up to Chris Duhon (they were teammates in college) and told him Kobe is faking the injury because he missed the final shot. Somebody punch this mofo in the mouth please

If true, nine letter word. Starts with a "d" and ends with a "g"...

he supposedly did some posing and posturing in front of the Lakers bench, then told duhon to tell kobe to stop faking and get up. he also says kobe hurt his ankle by himself on the floor and that he had nothing to do with it.

i know it's not classy, but i wish terrible things to happen to dahntay jones.
the artist formerly known as fklukewalton, fksteveblake, and fkmikebrown
lakersyunowin

Postby XXIV on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:21 pm

I've had an ankle injury very similar to his and the swelling (size and all) looked very similar. When I went to the doctor they wanted me to either wear one of those boots or have crutches but i decided to just tape it instead. It'll be very painful for about a week and then the pain will likely subside quickly after that. At least that's what happened to me. Kobe's a warrior and he's receiving treatment around the clock, I expect him to miss 2-3 games but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't either.
XXIV

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:25 pm

The Rock wrote:The reaction from the 29th other teams and the bloggers/writers has pissed me off the most. very little sympathy shown. A Sacramento Kings writer whos in charge of probably the biggest NBA blog (SBNation) made me want to puke, basically saying the injury was no big deal and justifying the dirty play

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/14/4103006/kobe-bryant-injury-dahntay-jones-lakers

Kings writer... Did we expect something else. Reeks of vinegar and piss.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby Alexxander on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:46 pm

I'm in ABSOLUTE DISGUST after seeing the reactions from other team fans and that sbnation article. D-I-S-G-U-S-T-I-N-G.
"Deion Hulse A little defense and everyone gets butthurt including the NBA. SMFH"
A LITTLE DEFENSE!? I bet this person never EVER played or even watched ball in his entire life.
"yes it is kobes fault he kicked his leg out like always but since theres alot of head givers he cant be touched and jones barely even touched him so what are you talkin about?"
Don't even feel like commenting this one ... and there are TONS like this one all over facebook, blogs and so on. I'm gonna throw up :disagree:
Alexxander

Postby Psychobroker on Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:58 pm

^ Thing is, he didn't even run into the extended leg... he ran up under him, right into his midsection/nether region.
“Liberty cannot be preserved without a general knowledge among the people.”
- John Adams
"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. "
- Thomas Jefferson
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."
- Mark Twain
Psychobroker

Postby GoldenKnight on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:04 pm

Get Well soon Kobe...

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:08 pm

^Great art as always GoldenKnight. :bow:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:08 pm

gcclaker wrote:
The Rock wrote:The reaction from the 29th other teams and the bloggers/writers has pissed me off the most. very little sympathy shown. A Sacramento Kings writer whos in charge of probably the biggest NBA blog (SBNation) made me want to puke, basically saying the injury was no big deal and justifying the dirty play

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/3/14/4103006/kobe-bryant-injury-dahntay-jones-lakers

Kings writer... Did we expect something else? Reeks of vinegar and piss.

The amount of support he was receiving this morning on twitter was disgusting. The CBS NBA blogs is run by a Grizzlies blogger, he told the Laker bloggers to go buy a victim shirt. SMDH

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby gcclaker on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:12 pm

The Rock wrote:
gcclaker wrote:

Kings writer... Did we expect something else? Reeks of vinegar and piss.

The amount of support he was receiving this morning on twitter was disgusting. The CBS NBA blogs is run by a Grizzlies blogger, he told the Laker bloggers to go buy a victim shirt. SMDH

Gives you an idea how many "ignorant" sports fans are out there doesn't it?
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:17 pm

710ESPN played an audio from last nights game where Coach Larry Drew tells Dahntay to sweep Kobe's leg....WTF

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby Lakerjones on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:20 pm

The Rock wrote:710ESPN played an audio from last nights game where Coach Larry Drew tells Dahntay to sweep Kobe's leg....WTF

^^ Is that actually true? He was red hot after Dwight got a no call on that block. But if this is true Drew may get penalized. Wow, I always liked Larry Drew as he was a Laker for a little while, but that's some dirty stuff.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:23 pm

The Rock wrote:710ESPN played an audio from last nights game where Coach Larry Drew tells Dahntay to sweep Kobe's leg....WTF

Are you sure it wasn't a clip from the Karate Kid they were playing? :man10:
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Wonders if that was Lebron what would be said.

and if that audio is true then the coach and jones both need to be suspended.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:24 pm

Lakerjones wrote:

^^ Is that actually true? He was red hot after Dwight got a no call on that block. But if this is true Drew may get penalized. Wow, I always liked Larry Drew as he was a Laker for a little while, but that's some dirty stuff.

Im waiting on 710 to post the audio again

And effin Barkley, SMDH

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/lakers/2013/03/14/los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant-dahntay-jones-charles-barkley-nba/1988541/
TNT analyst Charles Barkley, meanwhile, told USA TODAY Sports that he didn't see it as a dirty play.

"I don't think a guy in a two-point game in the last play of the game is making a conscious effort to say, 'Let me try and hurt a guy,'" he said by phone. "It's the last play of the game. I don't think a guy's mind works that fast. I mean he's guarding Kobe Bryant and Kobe's trying to go one on one. I don't think in his mind that he's computing the whole time, 'If Kobe goes up, I'm going to go under his leg.' I don't think it was a dirty play. I think it's just an unfortunate thing."

The NBA ruled on Thursday that Jones should've been called for a foul.

"After review at the league office, video replay confirmed that referees missed a foul call on Jones as he challenged Bryant's shot and did not give him the opportunity to land cleanly back on the floor. Bryant should have been granted two free throws," the NBA posted on NBA.com/official.

While Barkley is not a fan of Twitter and had not seen Bryant's comments, he cautioned the Lakers star against making accusations that, in Bryant's words, it was "foul play."

"Listen man, you have to people careful accusing people of something like that," Barkley said. "You can't prove it. "

And just to ensure he became part of Bryant's billboard, Barkley added this last missive when asked if the league should do more to protect players in these types of situations.

"The league can't do anything about that," Barkley said. "I think Kobe was mad that he was 11 for 33 and they lost the game, and I think he was just frustrated."

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 pm

Barkely is an idiot. Plain and simple.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:34 pm

Kobe has been in the league for 17 seasons. Kobe has the right to say its a dirty play or not. Before last nite. I do not recall Kobe ever complain about dirty players trying to hurt him. Barkley is an idiot too.
Dwight "tweedle Dee tweedle dum" Howard
ThizGuy83

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:36 pm

And whoop dee freakin doo on the league saying it should have been a foul. So now what. Oh Lakers still got a loss. And worst of all. Kobe is hurt and most likely will be limited for rest of season with that injury
ThizGuy83

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:45 pm

Lol Barkley is just mad that the Lakers are going to prove his dumbass wrong about not making the playoffs because he was so definitive in his belief that they wouldn't. It makes you wonder how a man who is so consistently wrong about everything in life got so rich.

You would have to be borderline retarded to watch that play and think Jones didn't understand what he was doing.
Last edited by JoelMyersScrotalSack on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby The Rock on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:46 pm

LOL Dahntay just wont shut up he went on Sirius XM radio defending himself repeating the same thing

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby ThizGuy83 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:51 pm

and dahntay jones saying that kobe did a kickout when he shot it... well thats cuz he was doing a fadeaway shot dumb azz... who takes a fade away jumper without kicking ur legs? obviously dahntay jones since he implies u dont need too
ThizGuy83

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:57 pm

If it was Lebron, Wade or KD that was injured what would happen to Jones?

If it was MWP or Matt Barnes doing the play what would of happened?
puffyusaf#2

Postby c.Lin on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:58 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't a clip from the Karate Kid they were playing? :man10:

:man10: Thinking the same thing.
c.Lin

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion