Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: "He Jalen Rosed me" - Kobe out indefinitely

Postby S.R.05 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:58 am

therealdeal wrote:I don't want him to play.

Even if he does play, the chances of us winning this game don't rise much from 5% to maybe 8%. This is a dark horse contending team and we're dealing with injuries again. It's just not there.

If we're going to win this game it's on Dwight's shoulders and Kobe playing wouldn't change that. Just rest this game at least for God's sake.

this
Hindsight is 20/20
S.R.05
Clublakers Analyst

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:00 am

Kevin Ding @KevinDing 2 minutes ago
D'Antoni said Kobe is "a game-time decision" tonight here in Indy and Jodie Meeks will start if Kobe doesn't.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/tag/los_an ... z2NcnJBmcZ
wcsoldier81

Postby wcsoldier81 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:11 am

Mike Trudell @LakersReporter 1 minute ago
It's "doubtful" that Kobe (ankle) is going to play tonight. But since it's Kobe, the team won't 100% rule him out. Maybe 99% doubtful.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz2NcqKkSpq
wcsoldier81

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:14 am

Just shut up Kobe! Sit down and enjoy a game off. Let your body heal up for a minute.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby kenzo on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:20 am

therealdeal wrote:Just shut up Kobe! Sit down and enjoy a game off. Let your body heal up for a minute.

QFT.
kenzo

Postby Weezy on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:43 am

He needs to sit out, that ankle looked terrible. Obviously I'm no pro athlete, but I sprained my ankle playing ball one time and it looked like that and I couldn't even walk on it for 2 or 3 days, couldn't play ball again for over a month. Even though this is Kobe, I would assume letting it heal some now is better than pushing it and having it linger all season, he's not as young as he once was as well.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:46 am

Agreed with what others have said; Kobe can sit out. Actually, he can sit out the next 3 games, IMO. We have Indiana, Sac, & Pho. I think we can win 2 out of the next 3 without him, IMO...
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Barnstable on Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:54 am

I agree, he should sit this one out.

But if he does play, Kobe has a tendency to have great games when he has an injury like this. He seems to focus even more first game back when he's in pain if that's even possible.

I'd predict he has a bad defensive showing since his lateral movement will be hampered, but he'll probably go off for 30 and 10 if he plays.
"league getting mitch-slapped"
Barnstable
CL Global Moderator

Postby The Rock on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:03 am

Paul Pierce thinks the "dirty play" talk against Kobe is overblown, thinks Kobe is getting special treatment. "I th

When posted the question by a reporter about Bryant's shot, Pierce appeared to be a bit miffed. "I think it got kind of blown out of proportion. [Dhantay Jones] put his hands up, got into the defender. I mean the fact it's Kobe Bryant, it's an issue. If it was somebody else, we wouldn't even be talking about this today."

http://sulia.com/channel/boston-celtics/f/ef05d335-f340-42cd-8478-6e93539072b0/?source=twitter

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

Postby frankrj on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 am

If it was Bynum with this injury, he'd be out for 18 months. If Gasol, maybe 6 months. Big guys have more stressful joints.
Last edited by frankrj on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
frankrj

Postby TIME on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:08 am

The Rock wrote:
Paul Pierce thinks the "dirty play" talk against Kobe is overblown, thinks Kobe is getting special treatment. "I th

When posted the question by a reporter about Bryant's shot, Pierce appeared to be a bit miffed. "I think it got kind of blown out of proportion. [Dhantay Jones] put his hands up, got into the defender. I mean the fact it's Kobe Bryant, it's an issue. If it was somebody else, we wouldn't even be talking about this today."

http://sulia.com/channel/boston-celtics/f/ef05d335-f340-42cd-8478-6e93539072b0/?source=twitter

Yeah, and if it was Paul Pierce he'd be in a wheel chair.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:11 am

Kobe needs to sit, not just so he can rest up but it's also important to see what this team is capable of when he's completely absent.

Also Paul Pierce is a douche bag and playing on a true garbage team, opinion = worthless
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby c.Lin on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:12 am

The Rock wrote:

While true that if it was somebody else, it wouldn't be blown up like it is, but this issue needs to be addressed. It's truly dangerous and dirty. The problem is, it's really difficult to interpret intent.
c.Lin

Postby Weezy on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:18 am

Man I don't want to hear a damn thing from Paul Pierce. If it weren't Kobe we wouldn't be taking about it? Please, if it were LeBron, Durant, Harden, CP3, or a few others it would have been called a foul on the spot and it would still be talked about today as well as a big name player would have been taken out by an injury.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby frankrj on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:22 am

You got to get over it. Stars don't get all the calls on the road, period!
frankrj

Postby Doc Brown on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:41 am

Cleveland Cavaliers
Cavs' Daniel Gibson rips the Hawks' Dahntay Jones for 'dirty play'
By JASON LLOYD Published: March 15, 2013

Lakers star Kobe Bryant sprained his ankle after the Hawks' Dahntay Jones stepped under him. Cavs guard Daniel Gibson called it a 'dirty play' and inferred Jones is a dirty player. (AP Photo/Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Curtis Compton)
View Larger Version >>
DALLAS: Cavs guard Daniel Gibson fired away at the Atlanta Hawks’ Dahntay Jones this morning, calling the play in which he injured Kobe Bryant a “dirty play” and inferred that Jones is a dirty player.

“I think that was a dirty play,” Gibson said. “He’s been known to be a guy to do that.”

Gibson has been one of the few outspoken players most of this season about the rule designed to protect shooters. Defenders aren’t allowed to step into a shooter’s landing space and instead are supposed to give them the opportunity to land safely.

Jones stepped under Bryant while contesting his fadeaway jumper in the final seconds Wednesday night. Bryant landed on Jones’ foot and severely sprained his ankle. Bryant thought a foul should’ve been called and the league agreed, announcing on Thursday a foul should’ve been called on Jones for preventing Bryant from landing cleanly.

“If you watch the tape, after the shot was taken, he kept walking forward toward him,” Gibson said Friday. “He never really turned around to see if the shot went in or anything. He kept walking toward him looking at the ground the whole time.”

Gibson admitted this is a sore subject for him because his season was cut short last year when he injured his ankle on a similar play. Gibson landed on the Indiana Pacers’ Paul George following a shot and tore a tendon in his foot. He needed surgery to repair the tear and said Friday his foot still isn’t right.

But there’s more: Jones played with George on the Pacers last season.

“When I saw (Bryant’s injury), it (ticked) me off because (Jones) was on the team with Paul George last year," Gibson said. "Rumor has it, he taught (George) a few tricks.”

Cavs coach Byron Scott wouldn’t comment on the play because he has already said plenty about Jones.

“I’m not goig to comment on Dahntay Jones and some of his antics he does on the basketball court,” Scott said Friday. “Me and him got into it a couple of years ago anyway. We’ll leave it at that.”

When Jones was with the Denver Nuggets in 2009 and Scott was coaching the New Orleans Hornets, he took exception with the way Jones was defending Hornets star Chris Paul in a playoff series.

“I can appreciate anybody that plays hard, but when you get to the point where you’re being a little dirty, that’s the thing that kind of aggravates me,” Scott said four years ago. “When you get to the point where you’re being a little dirty then I don’t appreciate that – and I don’t respect it.”

Because of his injury last year, Gibson has been one of the few voices to protest the way defenders step into shooters’ landing areas. It was considered a point of emphasis during the preseason and officials were supposed to keep a closer eye on it, but Gibson said he hasn’t seen any changes from years past. Now that it has affected one of the game’s elite stars, perhaps that will change.

“It’s a very dangerous play,” Gibson said. “You’re vulnerable. There’s nothing you can do besides land. When you start worrying about it, that’s when you start missing shots and that’s what the defender is trying to do – make you think about landing and where you’re coming down.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Juronimo on Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:54 am

Like I really need more reasons to hate Paul Pierce

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby therealdeal on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:01 am

What the flying f*** does Wheelchair have to say? Shut the f*** up you fat a******. Go back to sucking up the rest of the Boston b******* and die.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:13 am

PP now talking trash?

go figure another jealous nba player who hates kobe...

so thats Jones, Barkley, PP so far.....
Maluco Beleza

Postby Maluco Beleza on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:15 am

“I can appreciate anybody that plays hard, but when you get to the point where you’re being a little dirty, that’s the thing that kind of aggravates me,” Scott said four years ago. “When you get to the point where you’re being a little dirty then I don’t appreciate that – and I don’t respect it.”

This...perfectly said Byron
Maluco Beleza

Postby 432J on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:21 am

boobie gibson and byron hit it spot on. jones clearly made an attempt to hurt kobe on the play. and if you don't believe it, just look at his reputation. this definitely isn't the first time he's been involved in a dirty play. he needs to be put in his place and get what he deserves. i'm never one to wish injury upon a player but in this case, i hope someone hurts him so he can get a taste of his own medicine.

as for pierce, who gives a s*** what that POS has to say. he says it's only overblown because it's kobe but we all know that if it was durant, lebron, carmelo, or harden involved in that play. it would have been a foul and perhaps even more. if pierce was in kobe's spot, he'd be wheeled off the court and immediately out for the entire season. go back into your wheelchair paul. he should be the last one talking about this when we all know how much of a coward he is. i love the hate kobe gets, just shows his true greatness
432J

Postby KB24 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:25 am

Maluco...do you really like that turkish alien with pop eyes in your avatar?

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby Weezy on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:28 am

therealdeal wrote:What the flying f*** does Wheelchair have to say? Shut the f*** up you fat a******. Go back to sucking up the rest of the Boston b******* and die.

:man10: this literally has me laughing out loud, my thoughts exactly, I just couldn't express them as well as you.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby Juronimo on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:46 am

therealdeal wrote:What the flying f*** does Wheelchair have to say? Shut the f*** up you fat a******. Go back to sucking up the rest of the ****** b******* and die.

You have managed to express the exact sentiments I was feeling so eloquently.

Ferguson, we hear you.
RIP Mike Brown.
Juronimo

Postby lakerfan2 on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:52 am

The Rock wrote:

#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion