Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Bryant Discussion: ten 30pt game streak

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:40 pm

this guy busts his *** night in and night out
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Kobe is probably thinking that this was the last year on his contract so he could be done with this S***.

I'm obviously joking here because I love watching him play, but this has got to be getting to him a little as his tweet after the Clippers game suggested.
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:57 pm

Feels like the Kwame ans Smush days all over again. Ah memories.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:13 pm

Kobe had 7 assists ya happy CL? Lol. But seriously if I were him I'd just coast the rest of the season it's not like we're going anywhere anyway why waste all that energy.
Jazzygirl205

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:16 pm

KBJelleyBean24 wrote:Feels like the Kwame ans Smush days all over again. Ah memories.

Exactly... but with flickers of hope still unlike then :man9:
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Beto Duran ‏@DuranSports

Kobe "think its fine for us to boil over a bit. Fine to get lil bit chippy. Get sense in locker room its finally starting to happen"

one of if not the only Kobe quote he had after leaving the locker room literally within minutes after the final buzzer sounded.
Battle Tested20

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:24 pm

I just wish Kobe would make more of an effort to get everyone involved. I think we would be a better team. Right now we are relying on one guy too mcuh and that almost never works in the long run. Remember in 09-10 when Kobe sat out like 7 games or something? What happened? Our team looked incredible. Playing amazing team ball and everyone making huge contributions. That's what happens when you put some pressure on these guys. Right now, it's Kobe and then everyone else. I think many in the team have that type of mentality. So it's easier for them to relax offensively sometimes. It's human nature. Championship basketball starts with team work, not just talent. This season, i think we are relying on Kobe too much. Or Kobe is simply unwilling to sacrifice some of his shots because he's so effective. It starts with Kobe, the leader. He has to make more of an effort to play team ball.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:I just wish Kobe would make more of an effort to get everyone involved. I think we would be a better team. Right now we are relying on one guy too mcuh and that almost never works in the long run. Remember in 09-10 when Kobe sat out like 7 games or something? What happened? Our team looked incredible. Playing amazing team ball and everyone making huge contributions. That's what happens when you put some pressure on these guys. Right now, it's Kobe and then everyone else. I think many in the team have that type of mentality. So it's easier for them to relax offensively sometimes. It's human nature. Championship basketball starts with team work, not just talent. This season, i think we are relying on Kobe too much. Or Kobe is simply unwilling to sacrifice some of his shots because he's so effective. It starts with Kobe, the leader. He has to make more of an effort to play team ball.

did you watch the start of the game. 1st quarter Kobe had only taken 2 shots and ended the game with 7 assists.
Battle Tested20

Postby KareemTheGreat33 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:27 pm

One of his better games getting teammates involved. Still he needs to sacrifice the scoring title if we hope to turn this thing around.
"Allons-y Lakers!"
KareemTheGreat33

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:28 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Lets Go Lakers wrote:I just wish Kobe would make more of an effort to get everyone involved. I think we would be a better team. Right now we are relying on one guy too mcuh and that almost never works in the long run. Remember in 09-10 when Kobe sat out like 7 games or something? What happened? Our team looked incredible. Playing amazing team ball and everyone making huge contributions. That's what happens when you put some pressure on these guys. Right now, it's Kobe and then everyone else. I think many in the team have that type of mentality. So it's easier for them to relax offensively sometimes. It's human nature. Championship basketball starts with team work, not just talent. This season, i think we are relying on Kobe too much. Or Kobe is simply unwilling to sacrifice some of his shots because he's so effective. It starts with Kobe, the leader. He has to make more of an effort to play team ball.

did you watch the start of the game. 1st quarter Kobe had only taken 2 shots

Yeah I think by end of 3rd he had around 14. He took a ton in 4th, but we lost that quarter. I thought Kobe played a decent game although if I had one criticism it would just be to balance things out a bit more. I mean, whatever, he's been unbalanced his whole career but you know, how about 5 shots and an assist or two per quarter? It's always like 12 shots or 2.

I was so digusted that I walked away from the game for a bit so I may have missed it but I'm still waiting for the Kobe to Dwight assist. I feel like I haven't seen one in over a month. I wonder if that is at all a reflection of their relationship. I mean, Andre Miller can get a lob dunk to Javale McGee in the half court. How is it possible we can almost never do that?
JGC

Postby Lets Go Lakers on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:

Yes, i saw the game. And again, let me clarify, i'm not talking about one game. I'm talking about the whole season. Yes, Kobe is effficient as hell but i think this team would be better if Kobe held back a notch and try to get his teammates involved more. Look, Kobe isn't just a great scorer. He's a great passer. He's not just Alex English or Mark Aguirre, etc. With his ability to attract doubles and find open guys, he can set guys up and make this team more potent.
Lets Go Lakers

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:30 pm

29 points, 7 assists and Kobe needs to rely more on teammates that frequently can't put the ball in the hole, yeah, ok. I wish Kobe would sit some games out too because we aren't winning either way, but with him out you'd see how bad we really are with Dwight being the focus and guys like Pau and MWP having more reponsibilty to score. That and having Meeks jack up more bricks, having Nash have to do like 90% of the work for us to even have a chance. This isn't 2010, that was a much better TEAM top to bottom, if Kobe sat now you'd be apologizing for ever wanting to see it happen and be happy to get him back.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Shot poorly to begin the game, caught fire towards the end, too little too late.

I'm not even sure if Kobe shooting less or more makes a difference anymore.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:32 pm

The Mamba has finally tweeted after this game:

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will" Gandhi On to the next one. Keep focus.
Battle Tested20

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:33 pm

Talk is cheap.
JGC

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:34 pm

Lets Go Lakers wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:

Yes, i saw the game. And again, let me clarify, i'm not talking about one game. I'm talking about the whole season. Yes, Kobe is effficient as hell but i think this team would be better if Kobe held back a notch and try to get his teammates involved more. Look, Kobe isn't just a great scorer. He's a great passer. He's not just Alex English or Mark Aguirre, etc. With his ability to attract doubles and find open guys, he can set guys up and make this team more potent.

I agree, but that fine line is incredible small and when Kobe is having his best (most efficient) shooting year of his career, you can see how it would be hard to try and do 2 things at once in being the distributor and scorer, especially when Nash has been out most of the year.
Battle Tested20

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 pm

JGC wrote:Talk is cheap.

Are you saying what Kobe said is cheap? Did he once again fail to live to lofty expectations? He shot 26 times for sure which I know is a huge problem for you. He did have 7 assist. He played good defense and kept the ball moving. He leaves it on the floor each and every game. So is it his "talk" that is cheap? I really want to understand.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby GoldenKnight on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:The Mamba has finally tweeted after this game:

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant

"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will" Gandhi On to the next one. Keep focus.

This quote used to be on one of those amazing NBA commercials a few years back with famous quotes such as this one. I'm not sure if the player on the commercial was Kobe or Nash.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:39 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Are you saying what Kobe said is cheap? Did he once again fail to live to lofty expectations? He shot 26 times for sure which I know is a huge problem for you. He did have 7 assist. He played good defense and kept the ball moving. He leaves it on the floor each and every game. So is it his "talk" that is cheap? I really want to understand.

I really hope he wasn't referring to Kobe's comment, because if anyone in the NBA backs up their talk its Kobe. The rest of our players can't be spoken for by Kobe, but he backs up what he says.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:40 pm

:bow:.....well not for Kobe but team wise, yea I dont think anything is gona change.
khmrP

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:42 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Relax. Breathe. Exhale.

I'm tired of the talk, in general. "Process", "Patience", "Practice", "Energy", "Effort", "Chemistry" blah blah. Just play. Just win. Stop talking about it. Do.

Why is that you get so defensive every time someone makes some comment, you think it is about Kobe. I mean you are being so frantic you asked the same question twice. Take 10 seconds before you post, breathe, think and then respond.

Your act is getting a little old, and I'm not sure I'm the only that feels this way.
JGC

Postby Weezy on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:43 pm

JGC these players are asked questions, they give answers. Talk IS cheap, but what else do you want them to do.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:46 pm

Weezy wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

I really hope he wasn't referring to Kobe's comment, because if anyone in the NBA backs up their talk its Kobe. The rest of our players can't be spoken for by Kobe, but he backs up what he says.

Well, I was referring more to the constant talking about what needs to be done, and it not translating. I'd rather they say nothing if they're not going to do anything. In this case, Kobe said it, but if any player made comments like this I would have said the same thing.

This sounds like when we were down 0-2 to the Mavs I believe and it was like "Are you concerned?" "No". Well, maybe, just maybe, we should have been?
JGC

Postby JGC on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:47 pm

Weezy wrote:JGC these players are asked questions, they give answers. Talk IS cheap, but what else do you want them to do.

What exactly was the question Kobe was asked, to which he responded via Twitter?
JGC

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:48 pm

JGC wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:

Relax. Breathe. Exhale.

I'm tired of the talk, in general. "Process", "Patience", "Practice", "Energy", "Effort", "Chemistry" blah blah. Just play. Just win. Stop talking about it. Do.

Why is that you get so defensive every time someone makes some comment, you think it is about Kobe. I mean you are being so frantic you asked the same question twice. Take 10 seconds before you post, breathe, think and then respond.

Your act is getting a little old, and I'm not sure I'm the only that feels this way.

awe I am sorry that you think I was over the top with my questions of claryification. I don't need to be told to breath or relax as I am not in any sort of mood other than normal. I should think before I post? Sorry, I didn't feel a need because isn't it the same thing with you? Doesn't matter what the game looked like there is some criticism of how Kobe did wrong?

Your act is getting old. No, let me try again, your act has always been old. You said, "Talk is Cheap" after Kobe made a statement so rightfully that rings it was aimed at his comments. SHould we have assumed you meant talk is cheap for the other guys who hadn't said anything yet? It doesn't really matter I was just curious as to how Kobe was going to be blamed for this loss by certain posters.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion