Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby wcsoldier81 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:10 am

I wish the refs would allow the players these type of "contacts" in real games ... I'm sure Kobe would have been called for fouls on both plays in regular season or playoffs game ...
wcsoldier81

Postby SpencerHarrison on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 am

The takeaway for me is how much of LeBron's game is manufactured. Watching Kobe operate is watching a master at work. The ball may rattle out, but his technique is so smooth and varied. Mixed up with an ability to exploit weakness, and generally flawless feel for the game.

With LeBron, he's just physical and is allowed to play a certain way. And sometimes hits jumpshots.
SpencerHarrison

Re: Kobe Discussion: frustrated, irritated, aggravated

Postby Finwë on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:12 am

dwighthowardsdad wrote:

Interesting. A couple things that I want to point out; we're not the Detroit Pistons. We don't tell a player he's not going to be traded and then go back on our verbal commitment that we made. If, in fact Dwight is moved, it will be to Brooklyn with Dwight knowing before the deal is consummated, IMO.

Secondly, Brooklyn has nobody on that roster that I believe the Lakers FO desires in straight swap with Brooklyn, IMO. There will be a 3rd team involved. This is where the Minnesota deal makes sense. Kevin Love, Brook Lopez, and Dwight Howard.

The whole point of getting Dwight was having somebody to carry the torch once Kobe retired. If Dwight isn't that guy, then there is always a possibility we can use Dwight as trade bait to lure somebody who has a good attitude and desires to invest their long-term career with the Lakers organization.

Good point. What would Minny be getting that was good enough to trade Love for though?
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Finwë on Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:14 am

Alexxander wrote:
Ras Algethi wrote:Found this on another forum :man10:

Got 'Em Coach ‏@GotEm_Coach
Kobe is currently boxing out LeBron from getting off the court.
Got 'Em Coach ‏@GotEm_Coach
Kobe just blocked a cup of water out of LeBron's hand.
Kobe has his hand up, covering LeBron's eyes so he can't watch the MVP ceremony.
LeBron tried to give a kid an autograph and Kobe just slapped the pen out of his hand.
LeBron is calling for a screen so he can get into the locker room.

Kobe just stole LeBron's jeans.

The bold ones are pure gold! :bow: :man10: :man10: :man10: Can't stop laughing, lol.

Hilarious.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby MC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:51 am

Bryant was making Jordan sound like a genius in that stretch of the 4th...... force him left, watch him try a jumper and block and harass that garbage.

If LBJ played in the late 80s or early 90s he'd be nothing more than the biggest school girl in the yard........ the refs allowed Bryant to be a bit more physical than the Queen is used too....... Bryant gave him a little bit of the old school treatment and LBJ had a little pout going on.

Jordan would have owned the Queen and owned him bad back when you were allowed to hand check and get physical ....... he would have never allowed the space for LBJ to get moving and explode.

Bryant is still the man when Bryant decides to turn it on and focus on the defensive end and it was written all over LBJs face in stretches...... out of prime Bryant is still a hole lot to handle for prime Lebron...... wonder how BSPN will spin this one lol
Last edited by MC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If the wolf is the strength of the pack, the pack is the strength of the wolf"
MC

Postby BDG on Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:55 am

When Kobe is gone, I'm gonna miss watching the guy play.

You could tell during the intro's that he knew this was going to be one of his final All Star games.

He's the only guy in the league who could've done what he did to LeBron in the final minutes of the fourth quarter. A rare breed. It's going to be quite a while before we ever see another Laker or perhaps even another player like him.

Really great to see him still show that he can dominate any aspect of the game if he puts his mind to it. Amazing.
Slava laughed at the suggestion his skills might be affected by the down time. "Are you kidding?" he said. "Basketball is like ball. It's all a circle."

BEST VIDEO EVER ... AND AND THE SECOND BEST.
BDG
Retired Admin

Postby kenzo on Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:23 am

Herm24 wrote:Ship his arse out .. Gimme Lopez, Brooks, a filler and a first round pick .. Dwight's a malignant tumor and I'm signing up for chemo dammit

I'd rather have nothing. We think Dwight is not a max player... so we get Lopez :man10:
kenzo

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:12 am

gota love Kerr cheap shot of kicking a "dog while its down" comment in regards to his analsys of Kobe moment to shine against Lebron since obviously they wont be meeting in the finals now :man10:
khmrP

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:27 am

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I think LeBron didn't expect Kobe to take it so seriously in a All Star game so it stunned him a little. The regular season is different, LeBron's team both Heat and Cavs have beaten Kobe. I think he thought it would just be a fun loosey goosey battle and he was gonna have some easy buckets and a few highlights but Kobe TAKES EVERYTHING SERIOUSLY. I bet when Kobe even orders food he takes it seriously.

I don't think it was really a surprise. Both these guys have competed hard with one another at the end of all star games in the past when the game is on the line. Alpha egos. Not just them either. Doubt that the East likes having lost like 3 in a row and 4 out of 5. (something like that)
LTLakerFan

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 am

first yeah he played great d on james and shut him down. but like someone said it was one of his last all star games and infact of this i was a little bit disappointed like he played most of the game but ok. in the fourth he showed he is still one of the best indidvidual defenders in the game .. but for most of the game i didn t liked his play , espicially the first 3 quarters. and don t come up with the hate thing because that s not true i am actually one of his biggest fans .
kobebryant248

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:30 am

kobebryant248 wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
kobebryant248 wrote:again great d from kobe on james in the 4th . but overall i was disappointed how kobe played the most of the game. you can hate me for that or not. it s my opinion :bang:

who's hating?

I just don't really understand being disappointed... His effort today was almost exclusively on LeBron. He didn't score much, but he didn't try to either.

now you come up with that ? i said only what i meant. so why i am not allowed to say what i think. i am one of his biggest fan and i am not a hater but i didn t liked the way kobe played most of the game. just saying. so why do you attack me for it ? :bang: it doesn t mean only because i am a huge kobe fan i have to say everytime that he was great and i liked how he played. my opinion is i didn t liked the way he played tonight . plain and simple :bang:

Enough with all this "drama" :bang:
Last edited by LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:42 am

hollywood swinger wrote:
dwighthowardsdad wrote:I'm going to miss Kobe. I love that competitive desire to win and take on challenges even in All-Star Games. Man, I wish we faced the Heat in the Finals this year. UGH!

thats why i hope to God 24 becomes either the Lakers Head Coach or the GM eventually because his competitive mentality will translate to those jobs as well to help us stay on top.

Kind of like it's worked out for MJ so far? Just sayin'.
LTLakerFan

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:43 am

LTLakerFan wrote:What's with you dude? Why don't you quit all this drama BS. :bang:

+1
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Jellincon on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:47 am

Doc Brown wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:What's with you dude? Why don't you quit all this drama BS. :bang:

+1

+2
Jellincon

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:51 am

Changed my original....apologies..... to take issue with the post and not the poster.
LTLakerFan

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:59 am

Doc Brown wrote:

+1

it s not a drama that i created. i tried to post my opinion but i am not allowed to do that by some mebers here it seems . regardless what i say i get a punishement . when i say something to defend kobe then some of you guys say i am a kobe homo and then i say something like that i didn t enjoyed the way like kobe played most of the game then they say hater. once again i am one of kobe s biggest fans. but that doesn t mean i have to like everything what he did in games. so please stop it with that b...s... . it is a thread over kobe and not a thread to bash me for everything i post. some guys wait to reply on my comments because they can t stand me. it s obvious that they love to make jokes over every statement that i give.
kobebryant248

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:01 am

Trolling much?
dwighthowardsdad

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:14 am

kobebryant248 wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:

+1

it s not a drama that i created. i tried to post my opinion but i am not allowed to do that by some mebers here it seems . regardless what i say i get a punishement . when i say something to defend kobe then some of you guys say i am a kobe homo and then i say something like that i didn t enjoyed the way like kobe played most of the game then they say hater. once again i am one of kobe s biggest fans. but that doesn t mean i have to like everything what he did in games. so please stop it with that b...s... . it is a thread over kobe and not a thread to bash me for everything i post. some guys wait to reply on my comments because they can t stand me. it s obvious that they love to make jokes over every statement that i give.

Just an honest suggestion to help you navigate any internet forum better, not just Clublakers.....be more like your guy, Kobe, and have a thicker skin. Don't personalize every little thing said. Not everyone is always going to agree with you. I didn't see any attack above when you first got all offended and defensive again. It was a slightly different observation than yours:

"It wasn't a big game for him, but you had better believe LeBron wanted to score on him. It was definitely a personal battle there at the end."
LTLakerFan

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:39 am

Well there you have it.

Anyway, it was a lot of fun to watch Kobe just mentally screw LeBron's brain into oblivion. LeBron seriously didn't know where to go or what to do.

I'm super impressed that Kobe was able to stay in front of him. It kind of shows you that a regularly refereed game gives LeBron even more advantages than he's already got. When he's allowed to be defended, he doesn't have as much going for him.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby scissors on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:45 am

Every year Kobe always does something special in the All Star Game.
scissors

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:48 am

you guys seriously using an all-star game to judge James effectiveness? :man10:
khmrP

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:50 am

khmrP wrote:you guys seriously using an all-star game to judge James effectiveness? :man10:

This happens every year, but every year people want to downplay it for LeBron. I'm not sure why.

Do YOU really think LeBron wasn't trying there? Do YOU really think this wasn't an indication of what LeBron might have looked like going against someone like Pippen or Jordan in the 90s?
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:55 am

therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:you guys seriously using an all-star game to judge James effectiveness? :man10:

This happens every year, but every year people want to downplay it for LeBron. I'm not sure why.

Do YOU really think LeBron wasn't trying there? Do YOU really think this wasn't an indication of what LeBron might have looked like going against someone like Pippen or Jordan in the 90s?

no he wasn't, if he was really trying he would look like the one that raped us over the years, even with that Jordan revelation James will still rape the league during a REAL game. What does it matter how he would look in the 90s? He raping the league and Jordan comment bout going left or right isn't gona translate into a REAL game, are you really gona tell me its taken almost 8yrs or so to figure out his game and no one figured it out until Jordan? :man10:
khmrP

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 am

I can't say if LeBron was giving his all or not, all I can say is it was fun to watch either way. I also know had LeBron blocked Kobe twice (almost a 3rd too but he mistimed it and got a foul) and kinda shut him down for a stretch, the media would be all over it and it wouldn't matter in the slighest that it was an AS game. It would be all "LeBron's defense is better than ever", "LeBron shuts down Kobe, Kobe can't hang with the king". If you ask my opinion if LeBron was trying hard though the answer is yes, he always tries hard in AS games. He drove hard twice, Kobe blocked one, fouled him as he tried hard to get a layup, blocked his shot from the free throw line area. Doesn't mean a whole lot in the big picture, if anything, but again it was fun to watch.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerzkb8 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:09 am

MC wrote:
If LBJ played in the late 80s or early 90s he'd be nothing more than the biggest school girl in the yard........ the refs allowed Bryant to be a bit more physical than the Queen is used too....... Bryant gave him a little bit of the old school treatment and LBJ had a little pout going on.

Jordan would have owned the Queen and owned him bad back when you were allowed to hand check and get physical ....... he would have never allowed the space for LBJ to get moving and explode.

Lebron would dominate in any era. Hes too physically gifted. He gets blocked a couple times in a friggin all star game and people are saying he wouldnt be effective in the 80s/90s. Im starting to take a back seat and look at the NBA more objectively and its pretty hilarious whats fans say at times. :man10: :man10:.

The game really is changing. Athleticism is so key now. Those 6'8-6'10 Lebron/KD like players is the next generation and what kids will be watching growing up as a model of success if their growing to that height.

On a side note. MJ was only hating on Lebron because hes the biggest threat to his GOAT status. Kobes a diet MJ. Lebron is a once in a generation talent with his size speed, strength, and how he plays. He'll fall short because MJ's acheivements were impeccable with little failure. It only took about 10 years for MJs untouchable GOAT status to slowly start fading away. Thats sports though.
Last edited by lakerzkb8 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
lakerzkb8

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion