Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:14 am

You can tell the true colors of some posters and Lakers fans on this board **rolling my eyes** So sick of "those" type of Laker fans. Anyway can the LeBron comments/praise be moved to the LeBron thread, is a big azz long one too you can't miss, and we keep the Kobe love flowing in this thread? Thank you very much. Goodbye..
When Kobe retires he's gonna be missed, man if only some rules didn't exist just imagine the individual accolade list when he hangs up.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby lakerzkb8 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 am

^lol.

I was probably a Laker/Kobe fan, wearing laker gear from Los Angeles, to getting heckled in bars and stadiums in the North Eastcoast ( NY, NJ, Toronto) while you were still elementary school. Your still in the homerism phase. You will learn. My fandom is different, but im loyal at the end of the day. Lakers are my team. Kobe is my guy. Both are not the best right now.
This game's in the refrigerator: the door is closed, the lights are out, the eggs are cooling, the butter's getting hard, and the Jello's jigglin'! - Chick Hearn RIP
User avatar
lakerzkb8

 
Posts: 13950
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:20 pm
Location: Canadaland

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:27 am

lakerzkb8 wrote:^lol.

I was probably a Laker/Kobe fan, wearing laker gear from Los Angeles, to getting heckled in bars and stadiums in the North Eastcoast ( NY, NJ, Toronto) while you were still elementary school. Your still in the homerism phase. You will learn. My fandom is different, but im loyal at the end of the day. Lakers are my team. Kobe is my guy. Both are not the best right now.


I honestly don't care about you or any other person on this forum calling someone a homer or fanboy/girl whatever you all like to use. Question or ponder what kind of fan I am as much as you like, I'll still carry on about my daily life as you will too. I'm not going to argue with anyone on here because this forum is saturated enough with that nonsense and it's ruining this thread. Conversation ended...
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:28 am

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
khmrP wrote:you guys seriously using an all-star game to judge James effectiveness? :man10:

This happens every year, but every year people want to downplay it for LeBron. I'm not sure why.

Do YOU really think LeBron wasn't trying there? Do YOU really think this wasn't an indication of what LeBron might have looked like going against someone like Pippen or Jordan in the 90s?


no he wasn't, if he was really trying he would look like the one that raped us over the years, even with that Jordan revelation James will still rape the league during a REAL game. What does it matter how he would look in the 90s? He raping the league and Jordan comment bout going left or right isn't gona translate into a REAL game, are you really gona tell me its taken almost 8yrs or so to figure out his game and no one figured it out until Jordan? :man10:

Nope. I'm saying that it's not impossible to guard LeBron if you play in a league where physicality is allowed if not encouraged.

All you're doing is laughing at my argument without presenting anything for yourself. Your disturbing, repetitive use of the word "rape" aside, I pointed out that if defenders were allowed to play this way all the time he'd be a lot easier to defend. That doesn't mean he's going to get shut down. Hell, Kobe could only do it for so long and it made his offense suffer.

But if LeBron was put up against Pippen and Jordan, I think he'd have a hell of a time getting to the basket. I never said he'd be shut down or anything even close to that. I said he'd have a tougher time and I don't see how that's even remotely debatable.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40329
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:30 am

Kobe isn't the best right now, but the way some Lakers fans are putting down Kobe to pump up LeBron is saddening. Are we really that much prisoners of the moment? LeBron's greatness doesn't take away from Kobe's, and I still think Kobe is the closest thing we've seen to MJ. LeBron is great, but he has a ways to go, 1 ring and some great all around career averages alone don't put you above greats that were so much more than just numbers like MJ and Kobe.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby TIME on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:31 am

lakerzkb8 wrote:^lol.

I was probably a Laker/Kobe fan, wearing laker gear from Los Angeles, to getting heckled in bars and stadiums in the North Eastcoast ( NY, NJ, Toronto) while you were still elementary school. Your still in the homerism phase. You will learn. My fandom is different, but im loyal at the end of the day. Lakers are my team. Kobe is my guy. Both are not the best right now.


I was a Lakers fan before you were born. I'm wondering when I will learn.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
User avatar
TIME
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 9471
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:36 am

Weezy wrote:Kobe isn't the best right now, but the way some Lakers fans are putting down Kobe to pump up LeBron is saddening. Are we really that much prisoners of the moment? LeBron's greatness doesn't take away from Kobe's, and I still think Kobe is the closest thing we've seen to MJ. LeBron is great, but he has a ways to go, 1 ring and some great all around career averages alone don't put you above greats that were so much more than just numbers like MJ and Kobe.


:man1: This is the point I try to make. I don't think I've seen older legendary players disrespected in the midst of younger players exploding into their prime and what not like I've seen fans Laker one's or not do Kobe. It's about respect. Some people are even discrediting Micheal Jordan something I'd never think I'd ever see in my lifetime until now :man10:
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby 100%effort on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:39 am

(Sighs) I remember the good old days when the thread title read Kobe Bryant Appreciation Thread.
100%effort

 
Posts: 1247
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:46 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:50 am

therealdeal wrote:All you're doing is laughing at my argument without presenting anything for yourself. Your disturbing, repetitive use of the word "rape" aside, I pointed out that if defenders were allowed to play this way all the time he'd be a lot easier to defend. That doesn't mean he's going to get shut down. Hell, Kobe could only do it for so long and it made his offense suffer.

But if LeBron was put up against Pippen and Jordan, I think he'd have a hell of a time getting to the basket. I never said he'd be shut down or anything even close to that. I said he'd have a tougher time and I don't see how that's even remotely debatable.


2 blocks in an ALL-STAR game doesn't indicate that, thats just my opinion, he's unguardable regardless of the era, maybe with handchecking and more leway for physical play like the 90's and he would be less "efficient" than the godly stats he put the last 6 games or so would dictate. Pippen for all this D rep is quite overrated, he didn't do much of anything in Hou/Por. He was assigned Kobeduring his Por days and he didn't give Kobe much trouble and if we gona say Kobe is as close to Mj then James is as close to Kobe as you can get. I'm not here to debate who's the best or whatevers here but I find the comments in relation to James game highly suspect with 2blocks in a meaningless game. I can't imagine it took this long and only MJ of all people to figure out what James does going left/right but let see defenders use it now that its supposedly "effective" since Kobe was able to get those two blocks on him based on that theory.
Last edited by khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: frustrated, irritated, aggravated

Postby JGC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:53 am

kobebryant248 wrote:when i say something to defend kobe then some of you guys say i am a kobe homo.


:man10:

I seriously doubt anyone actually called you that in those words.
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: frustrated, irritated, aggravated

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:55 am

JGC wrote:
kobebryant248 wrote:when i say something to defend kobe then some of you guys say i am a kobe homo.


:man10:

I seriously doubt anyone actually called you that in those words.


I KNOW nobody called him out in those words. And that entire post convinces me he's either like 10-12 years old or a troll.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:57 am

btw I'm hardly a James fan but the way you guys hype up those 2 blocks and downplay James game using some hypothetical 90 scenario is no different then the Haters who call Kobe a chucker when he was going on those scoring binges post-shaq era and juding by stats they wouldn't be far off from saying it considering Kobe is the ALL-TIME leader in missed shots now.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby therealdeal on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:04 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:All you're doing is laughing at my argument without presenting anything for yourself. Your disturbing, repetitive use of the word "rape" aside, I pointed out that if defenders were allowed to play this way all the time he'd be a lot easier to defend. That doesn't mean he's going to get shut down. Hell, Kobe could only do it for so long and it made his offense suffer.

But if LeBron was put up against Pippen and Jordan, I think he'd have a hell of a time getting to the basket. I never said he'd be shut down or anything even close to that. I said he'd have a tougher time and I don't see how that's even remotely debatable.


2 blocks in an ALL-STAR game doesn't indicate that, thats just my opinion, he's unguardable regardless of the era, maybe with handchecking and more leway for physical play like the 90's and he would be less "efficient" than the godly stats he put the last 6 games or so would dictate. Pippen for all this D rep is quite overrated, he didn't do much of anything in Hou/Por. He was assigned Kobeduring his Por days and he didn't give Kobe much trouble and if we gona say Kobe is as close to Mj then James is as close to Kobe as you can get. I'm not here to debate who's the best or whatevers here but I find the comments in relation to James game highly suspect with 2blocks in a meaningless game. I can't imagine it took this long and only MJ of all people to figure out what James does going left/right but let see defenders use it now that its supposedly "effective" since Kobe was able to get those two blocks on him based on that theory.

Pippen in his day was an absolutely fantastic defender. The ability to go from Jordan to Pippen was a luxury on the perimeter that I'm not entirely sure can be replicated. LeBron against those guys in the 90s simply wouldn't get to the basket as easily in half court situations.

In the open floor he'd be as effective as ever, that doesn't change.

You've admitted as much and we agree that LeBron simply wouldn't have the efficient success he has experienced here. That was my only point. And the Kobe defense on him at the end of the game proved as much to me.

Say what you will, but there's absolutely no question in my mind that LeBron wanted to score on Kobe badly. If not on that jumpshot then CERTAINLY on that drive.
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 40329
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby JGC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:08 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:All you're doing is laughing at my argument without presenting anything for yourself. Your disturbing, repetitive use of the word "rape" aside, I pointed out that if defenders were allowed to play this way all the time he'd be a lot easier to defend. That doesn't mean he's going to get shut down. Hell, Kobe could only do it for so long and it made his offense suffer.

But if LeBron was put up against Pippen and Jordan, I think he'd have a hell of a time getting to the basket. I never said he'd be shut down or anything even close to that. I said he'd have a tougher time and I don't see how that's even remotely debatable.


2 blocks in an ALL-STAR game doesn't indicate that, thats just my opinion, he's unguardable regardless of the era, maybe with handchecking and more leway for physical play like the 90's and he would be less "efficient" than the godly stats he put the last 6 games or so would dictate. Pippen for all this D rep is quite overrated, he didn't do much of anything in Hou/Por. He was assigned Kobeduring his Por days and he didn't give Kobe much trouble and if we gona say Kobe is as close to Mj then James is as close to Kobe as you can get. I'm not here to debate who's the best or whatevers here but I find the comments in relation to James game highly suspect with 2blocks in a meaningless game. I can't imagine it took this long and only MJ of all people to figure out what James does going left/right but let see defenders use it now that its supposedly "effective" since Kobe was able to get those two blocks on him based on that theory.


Agree with you. Lebron's toughest 'era' to play in is the one he is currently playing in. Put him against players from any other era and he would be even more dominant.

Two things sadden me here though:

- We're at the point where we have nothing to hold on to or say other than two defensive plays in a game that meant nothing where players weren't even really paying attention.

- While I love Lebron's game, his name is being mentioned WAY too many times in a Kobe Bryant thread.

I wonder if that's when the MJ era was over, when people started talking more about Kobe in the MJ threads than MJ himself! (Wait, they didn't have major communities like this back then).
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:10 pm

Lebron tried to score on Kobe and Kobe defended him what the hell is wrong with that lol. This is the same dude that got owned trying to block a fastbreak dunk in the all star game which is a bigger No No

Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby The Rock on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:12 pm

Lebron still has a shaky jumper, you'd need a postgame/midrange game to thrive in the pre-2003 Rule changes era. I think Lebron would be an All star but not this dominant. Today's game is tailor made for small ball
Image

Props to sidthekid871
User avatar
The Rock
CL Twitter Team
 
Posts: 19992
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:10 pm
Location: Smackdown Hotel

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:16 pm

I don't understand trying to bring down the fun of this little moment either, as Lajers fans we've had so little fun this season. It doesn't mean anything, no, but it was fun to watch, Lakers fans used to just have fun with stuff like this and get enjoyment out of it for our players, even a meaningless moment. In the days before it was wrong to "hate" a player just for not being a Laker, to hate Bird, Isaiah and Jordan as Lakers fans, it would have been "ohhh, our guy just shut down their guy! Dang that was fun!". Now though if you enjoy that moment you're putting too much into a meaningless moment, where has the fun gone? I also agree that there's way too much LeBron talk going on in the Kobe thread, we should start to steer it back on topic.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby kobebryant248 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:20 pm

for me personally kobe is the best laker player of all time. i am one of his biggest fan and if i say i didn t liked he played most of the game last night it s infact that this all star game will be one of his last all star games not his last but on e of his last and i wished he would have been more in a scoring mode then he was yesterday. he gave up the rock numerous times but many players overlooked him as he was several times streaking to the basket but instead of passing to him most of the players decided to shoot for themself or dribble a little and give it up to other players.for example i don t think durant would ve been passing the ball if he was on a breakaway like kobe . he had some chances to return the favor but was selfish instead giving kobe the rock for an open score. also paul had some opporturnities to give kobe easy scores but he didn t. so what i mean is i am a big kobe fan and loved what he did in the 4th quarter shut james completely down but i wished he scored more then he scored yesterday just becasue it was one of his last all star games. i just wanted to see more great scores from kobe and that s why i was a little disappointed with the effort from kobe.
kobebryant248

 
Posts: 1078
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby JGC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:22 pm

kobebryant248 wrote:for me personally kobe is the best laker player of all time. i am one of his biggest fan and if i say i didn t liked he played most of the game last night it s infact that this all star game will be one of his last all star games not his last but on e of his last and i wished he would have been more in a scoring mode then he was yesterday. he gave up the rock numerous times but many players overlooked him as he was several times streaking to the basket but instead of passing to him most of the players decided to shoot for themself or dribble a little and give it up to other players.for example i don t think durant would ve been passing the ball if he was on a breakaway like kobe . he had some chances to return the favor but was selfish instead giving kobe the rock for an open score. also paul had some opporturnities to give kobe easy scores but he didn t. so what i mean is i am a big kobe fan and loved what he did in the 4th quarter shut james completely down but i wished he scored more then he scored yesterday just becasue it was one of his last all star games. i just wanted to see more great scores from kobe and that s why i was a little disappointed with the effort from kobe.


So what you're trying to say is that you're a kobe homo?
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:23 pm

I have to do a study to see if any superstar player of their franchise was shaded and backhanded as much as Kobe was throughout his career as a Laker, despite the contributions? The effort to hide it these days is sad.
Image
User avatar
Jazzygirl205

 
Posts: 6339
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby JGC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:23 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't understand trying to bring down the fun of this little moment either, as Lajers fans we've had so little fun this season. It doesn't mean anything, no, but it was fun to watch, Lakers fans used to just have fun with stuff like this and get enjoyment out of it for our players, even a meaningless moment. I also agree that there's way too much LeBron talk going on in the Kobe thread, we should start to steer it back on topic.


Yeah, I do know what you mean. I think, the reason is saddens me a bit to see us celebrating two plays in an entire weekend of festivities ... is because it's kind of like when we play some team who beats us and then celebrates like they just won a championship.

You know how we always say that about other teams' fans? Well, now we are them. =(
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby Weezy on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:24 pm

This is not Kobe's goal anymore kobebryant248, to score a ton in the all star game. He's it gonna go out and try to put on a show at his age, the all star show belongs to Durant, Chris Paul, Westbrook, Griffin and guys like that now. When it came time to win the game though he gave his all and put on a little defensive show, and that was fun for me, your expectations are too high for this Kobe.
User avatar
Weezy
CL Global Moderator
 
Posts: 50944
Joined: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:14 am
Location: Anaheim, CA

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby khmrP on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:26 pm

Weezy wrote:I don't understand trying to bring down the fun of this little moment either, as Lajers fans we've had so little fun this season. It doesn't mean anything, no, but it was fun to watch, Lakers fans used to just have fun with stuff like this and get enjoyment out of it for our players, even a meaningless moment. I also agree that there's way too much LeBron talk going on in the Kobe thread, we should start to steer it back on topic.


well maybe its directed at me but my comments were in no way showing negativity towards Kobe and his blocks, I just find it sad that some have to find ways to downplay James game because of 2blocks especially the way he's been abusing us over the years, I could find more enjoyment or solice in those two plays if we were actually able to make him look that avg. in a REAL game.
User avatar
khmrP

 
Posts: 10448
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 10:45 pm

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby JGC on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:27 pm

Jazzygirl205 wrote:I have to do a study to see if any superstar player of their franchise was shaded and backhanded as much as Kobe was throughout his career as a Laker, despite the contributions? The effort to hide it these days is sad.


That would probably be a pointless study honestly.

Kobe is probably been the most lauded and appreciated player of all time in terms of pure volume. He's also been the most hated in terms of pure volume.

You can thank the damn interwebs for that!
JGC

 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:07 am

Re: Kobe Discussion: invited LeBron to block party

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:28 pm

khmrP wrote:
therealdeal wrote:All you're doing is laughing at my argument without presenting anything for yourself. Your disturbing, repetitive use of the word "rape" aside, I pointed out that if defenders were allowed to play this way all the time he'd be a lot easier to defend. That doesn't mean he's going to get shut down. Hell, Kobe could only do it for so long and it made his offense suffer.

But if LeBron was put up against Pippen and Jordan, I think he'd have a hell of a time getting to the basket. I never said he'd be shut down or anything even close to that. I said he'd have a tougher time and I don't see how that's even remotely debatable.


2 blocks in an ALL-STAR game doesn't indicate that, thats just my opinion, he's unguardable regardless of the era, maybe with handchecking and more leway for physical play like the 90's and he would be less "efficient" than the godly stats he put the last 6 games or so would dictate. Pippen for all this D rep is quite overrated, he didn't do much of anything in Hou/Por. He was assigned Kobeduring his Por days and he didn't give Kobe much trouble and if we gona say Kobe is as close to Mj then James is as close to Kobe as you can get. I'm not here to debate who's the best or whatevers here but I find the comments in relation to James game highly suspect with 2blocks in a meaningless game. I can't imagine it took this long and only MJ of all people to figure out what James does going left/right but let see defenders use it now that its supposedly "effective" since Kobe was able to get those two blocks on him based on that theory.


I would have loved to hear the chisel and hammering sounds of MJ and Bird getting into his head first of all. Do you think too they would not have?
LTLakerFan

 
Posts: 6381
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:44 pm
Location: SoCal

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

cron
Advertise Here | Privacy Policy | ©2008 Sculu Sports. Come Strong.