Re: Kobe Discussion: drooling for a win

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:06 pm

I just watched the game...damnnnn! Mamba on a mission!!! :man13: :jam2:
Like Josh said, Kobe is an 'assassin'! :bow:
denimPortugal

Re: Kobe Discussion:"Amnesty THAT"

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:30 pm

Murdock wrote:
puffyusaf#2 wrote:I am surprised to see you post. That being said, how do you say he isn't playing a balanced game? Isn't his stats 27/6/6 or something like that? He sat for 8 minutes in the second quarter and we fed Dwight over and over and over again and he missed, missed, missed, missed some more. Our aggressiveness failed us. Kobe comes back in and we right the ship and all of a sudden we extend our lead from 4 to 7 by half time. Even the greatest to ever touch a basketball (The King) makes bad plays or the wrong choice yet only Kobe gets criticized for not having balance. That doesn't make much sense to me.

balanced game isn't about stats or number of points vs number of assists ... as I mentioned it's about making right basketball play at the right time which Kobe has never been too known for (triangle compensated for that IMO) ...

the thing about balance is it is achieven over long period of time and what have we seen in this season? Kobe mode - Passer mode - and Kobe mode again as of now ... what you can see in LeBron is playing balanced game throughout the year ...

and if you watch Kobe playing its a scoring mentality from the start or passing mentality from the start ... but you never see the middle IMO and he says so himself ... which in the end results for him making bad basketball-wise plays no matter the result ... for example if Kobe shoots over 3 people and makes instead of passing ball to a wide open player (I am not saying it happened in recent time but in the past and this is just an example of what I am trying to say so don't take it as s hate) ... what is the right basketball play? - to pass right? (if you disagree then this is debate is over) however Kobe more times than not would decide to shoot ... and THAT is a balanaced game ... making right basketball plays during a game - this however doesn't have to appear in the stat sheet since it can be a hockey pass in the end or a missed shot but still it is a right basketball play ...

that is why IMO people and myself included prefer over-passing (Kobe-passing mode) over Kobe-mamba mode (or whatever you wanna call it)

So your argument is that Kobe doesn't play from the middle of the pass or shoot field so that is bad? Your question is if Kobe shot against 3 people instead of passing it to a wide open player what would be the "right" play? Well in the simple games of X's and O's it would be to pass to the open player. However, in a game on the court that may not be the case. We dumped the ball into Dwight who at present is horribly ineffecient at sealing off his man. The result maybe a foul for Dwight who then misses the free throws. In that case, Kobe shooting and attacking would be the better play because the chance of success is greater. Being open does not equate to greatest chance for success. D Fisher missed 99% (or higher it seems) the layups he shot. MWP is similar on the break. I get that Kobe can have a one tracked mind when it comes to playing. Even I get to the point where I am like "Pass that one Kobe." However, most of the times his choice is one I approve of personally. As for the Lebron "balance" he and Kobe have similar stats yet Lebron is the great orchestrator and Kobe is the great killer of team morale. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Kobe has proven time and time again if players move like they are suppose to without the ball he will pass it to them. Kobe respects effort and rewards effort. When guys are standing around they don't give Kobe move to a passing lane like they are suppose to do. Not saying Kobe plays perfect because he doesn't when it comes to the X's and O's. That being said, I'll take his control of the game.

Poster like you want to make all the "right basketball plays" but posters like me believe that "We play to WIN the game"
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:31 pm

therealdeal wrote::man10:

Aaaaaaaaaand Kobe shoots too much is back.

The Lakers in 2009 and 2010 understood so much better about when to move and cut when Kobe is moving and attacking. He doesn't actively NOT pass the ball over triple teams when there's a better play to be made. If he attacks and Earl Clark cuts or Nash's man doubles him, he moves the ball to those two because Nash is wide open for a three and Earl is attacking the basket.

But when he attacks and his teammates don't move, then it's his RESPONSIBILITY to take the shots.

Not to mention, if you actually watched the game Atlanta made the decision to switch on picks and to try to play Kobe one-on-one. If Kobe is EVER single covered I want and expect him to take the shot and to make it. If he attacks the rim like he did last night I don't care if he misses that layup because Dwight Howard is now free under the basket to get the rebound and dunk it home.

It's easy to come in and say "Oh Kobe monopolized the ball." Well no s***. The defense demanded that he do that. If he were getting double teamed do you honestly think he would still not pass the ball? Because I specifically remember him finding Nash every time the double comes.

It's just so easy to say things without thinking about them.

Very well said.
For what it's worth, the Lakers also clinched the Pacific Division, an achievement Bryant dismissed by saying "We don't hang divisions." No, only the big NBA championship banners are considered wall-worthy for the Lakers.
puffyusaf#2

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:15 pm

The Vino was definitely out of the barrel last night.

:bow:
denimPortugal

Postby The Laker Link on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:29 pm

I think the cool thing about this is that he went around Dwight, who was boxing out in the paint, and then posterized Smith too. Kobe went around Dwight and dunked on Josh Smith, that is really cool and skilled.
The Laker Link

Postby Doc Brown on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:42 pm

Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
What would Kobe have done if Serge Ibaka punched him below the, uh, equator? "I probably would have smacked him in the mouth." #Lakers
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Keepin' the pimp hand strong.
Rule of Thumb at ClubLakers - Never encourage people to check your post history.
Doc Brown

Postby Alexxander on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:54 pm

Please Kobe is as likely to be on PED's than any player in the league if not more so. This is a guy who goes searching for experimental treatments in germany that are probably banned in the US.

Somewhere in the "How is Kobe doing this???" thread on RealGM, lol. So, Platelet-rich therapy is banned in the US? Well, thats new. :man10:
Alexxander

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Mike Bresnahan ‏@Mike_Bresnahan
What would Kobe have done if Serge Ibaka punched him below the, uh, equator? "I probably would have smacked him in the mouth." #Lakers
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Keepin' the pimp hand strong.

:man10:

Mamba isn't a fighter. But you can rest assured if World Peace saw Kobe get whacked in the gonads like Paul saw Griffin, Congo Jack would be on the floor in a heap. Instead of doing what Paul did which was throw a small tantrum to get the call he wants. (although in this case it was deserved).
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:21 pm

Mark Medina wrote:Dwight Howard on Kobe Bryant's play: "He goes hard. Balls out. Serge Ibaka."

https://twitter.com/MedinaLakersNBA/status/308681258194587649
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby therealdeal on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:25 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:
Mark Medina wrote:Dwight Howard on Kobe Bryant's play: "He goes hard. Balls out. Serge Ibaka."

:man10: :man10: :man10: :man10: :man10:
Stu : "Yeah, that's an old fashioned whoopin'."
therealdeal
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:26 pm

Fine, I'll call him Vino just this one time for Noche Latina LOL

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:37 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:Image

So sick....
puffyusaf#2

Postby checkers09 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Kobe Bryant rookie profile from NBA Action.

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby John3:16 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:57 pm

Love the thread title.
John3:16
CL Global Moderator

Postby Dyeggoo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:12 pm

checkers09 wrote:Kobe Bryant rookie profile from NBA Action.

"This kid is for real. "
Dyeggoo

Postby last stand on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:19 pm

checkers09 wrote:Kobe Bryant rookie profile from NBA Action.

NVE: i think this kid will be fine

Eddie Jones: i think with a few years under his belt people will start to notice him

oh really
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby GoldenKnight on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Kobe at 18 years old already knew what it meant to be a Laker, he was born to wear purple & gold

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:27 pm

Kobe needs to pick between mamba or vino because he can't change it all of a sudden when people are used to the other one.
Jazzygirl205

Postby jOeyB7000 on Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:37 pm

^ Vino should be his Spanish nickname.

It's only fitting since the Lakers now have a dedicated Spanish channel lol.

:man1:
jOeyB7000

Postby Chillbongo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:56 pm

F*** it

#TheBlackVino
Chillbongo

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:01 pm

l8kerboi23 wrote:All observant laker fans know that kobe ball hasn't worked for the last 3 years. Move the ball, find the open man or else another early exit like the last two years.

If other players don't move when he has the ball and if they are not hitting their shots, that plan doesn't work so hot either. Love the tone, like it is Kobe's fault always if others are not scoring a lot of points.
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:05 pm

lakersyunowin wrote:

robert sacre, i was expecting more from you man...

Haha on Duhon's howling at the moon or whatever that is..... reminds me of that fabulous bench scene Shannon's first year when he jumped so high to just take the guy's shot away from him at the rim from behind with both hands. Lamar was doing the howling.
LTLakerFan

Postby denimPortugal on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:08 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:

Haha on Duhon's howling at the moon or whatever that is..... reminds me of that fabulous bench scene Shannon's first year when he jumped so high to just take the guy's shot away from him at the rim from behind with both hands. Lamar was doing the howling.

denimPortugal

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:27 pm

denimPortugal wrote:
LTLakerFan wrote:
lakersyunowin wrote:

Just love that!! ^^^ (this one seems a tad speeded up...no biggee....) But Kobe's is probably the best as Shannon just raped the guy's shot from behind
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:29 pm

Haha too....look at the 2 big guys in almost same spots, did not play...... Bynum and Sacre
LTLakerFan

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion