Kobe Bryant Discussion: Reason for Lakers downfall?

Re: Kobe Discussion: Keeping it really real... (597)

Postby jbiggs on Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:38 am

:man6: :man6: :man6:
KOBE FOR LIFE
jbiggs
ClubCavs.com Administrator

Location: Born in South Torrance (So Cal) and currently in Point Loma

Postby pound4pound1 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:00 am

man...even if we make it to the playoffs, everyone is gimpy...the next few weeks are gonna be tough
Jerry Buss wrote:One of the biggest reasons I bought the Lakers was to beat the Celtics …..you just got it into your soul that you couldn't stand the Celtics anymore
pound4pound1

Postby KB24 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:01 am

TIME wrote:
KB24 wrote:Instead, he is busy working his way up to the pinnacle of stupidity on twitter...oh well, I'm happy he flames out late in his career rather than early. #mambaout

I know you love Kobe and I know the turnovers gotta kill you, but you can't really believe what you just posted. Twitter has nothing to do with any problems he has on the court.

And, Kobe has not flamed out.

i can tell you that I'm not exactly thrilled with Kobe posting stupid stuff on twitter. Its important to shut up and let your game do the talking, especially when things are going south.

btw Time, his TOs aren't killing me, they are killing my Lakers. That's why I'm mad. I don't really care about stats or comparisons. His TOs are unacceptable especially when this team is this awful in transition defense.

I absolutely love Kobe but I love the Lakers more. I'm not a fanboy, so if I'm not happy, I don't bother to say it. The same standards I use to judge other Lakers. Of course I appreciate what he has done here but neither his tweets nor his careless play have made me happy recently. If anybody here is fine with Kobe's careless play, please feel urged to explain why.

"It is not how big you are, it is how big you play"
"Basketball doesn't build character. It reveals it"
"Be strong in body, clean in mind, lofty in ideals"
KB24
Site Admin

Postby abeer3 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:02 am

some quick-hitters on kobe:

bone spurs = bad. at his age, this makes me think playing beyond next year is highly unlikely.

he's been pretty bad lately, but contrary to that crazy rant a few pages back, it's his body, not his mind. he's one of the smarter players i've ever seen, but he's having trouble adjusting to his suddenly severe physical limitations. i mean, he couldn't shake marquis daniels off the dribble last night. he could do that earlier this season, no problem.

if i were the team, i'd strongly consider a forced shut down for two reasons. first, i don't think playing on bone spurs is a good idea if you want him back to form at any point in the near future. as i understand it, they can rip up the tissue around them, depending upon location, so there's some chance of extra damage. second, i think your best chance at getting some of these role players to step it up, desperation style, might be to take away their security blanket.
abeer3

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:52 pm

KB24 wrote:He has averaged 4.4 TOs for the past 2 months now. He has had 6+ in three of his last 4 games. He has embarassed himself at least a dozen times this season.

In 11 games in March, he has had 5+ in 7 of those games. Topping it with a putrid 9 vs. Toronti.
In 13 games in February, the FEWEST he has had were 3 TOs.

He has had 5+ TOs in 27 games this season. He has had 7+ in 5 games this season. These are not bad...these are embarassingly terribly awful numbers. He absolutely SUCKS at keeping the ball safe.And all that while playing with probably the best playmaker in the NBA. He wants to lead the NBA...well he does lead the NBA in exactly 2 stats...shot attempts and TOs. #countonmamba

Instead, he is busy working his way up to the pinnacle of stupidity on twitter...oh well, I'm happy he flames out late in his career rather than early. #mambaout

No one should be happy with Kobe's turnovers, period, and I dont think anyone would argue otherwise. But are you really suggesting that Nash's status as maybe the best playmaker in the NBA (I dont think he is, but I see your point) makes him any less turnover prone than Kobe? Because that is either an uninformed or intentionally misleading claim to make. A quick look at the numbers would show why Im of that opinion. The only reason Nash is only turning the ball over at the rate he is is because he's not carrying the offense much, and at 39 thats basically by design (and out of necessity).

This team has quite a few guys who tend to turn the ball over at a relatively high rate (I honestly didnt check but Id be stunned if they're not right there as one of the absolute worst teams at taking care of the ball). This isn't a one man show when it comes to turnovers at all.

And as for twitter, Im not sure why this is being brought up more and more by people at all. I dont use twitter, but I really dont really see what the big deal is about it. Just another venue to interact with fans. Is he spending his time on twitter when he should be in the gym or something?

Its also a head scratcher to say someone has flamed out when prior to the injury he was having about as good of a season as someone can reasonably expect out of a player with his mileage.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby Tobias Funke on Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:54 pm

Doc Brown wrote:
Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 5m
Feeling/outlook on Kobe's foot this morning isnt as rosy as last night.
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Thats not good. Leaving on crutches isn't exactly rosy to begin with.
"Come hell or high water we're gonna be there again. Its just something about the Lakers organization. Mitch is really, really good at it, he's really really good man...."

Tobias Funke

Postby JoelMyersScrotalSack on Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:11 pm

Meh doesn't even bother me anymore. Injuries have been the only thing consistent about this team all year.
JoelMyersScrotalSack

Postby Finwë on Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:16 pm

JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Meh doesn't even bother me anymore. Injuries have been the only thing consistent about this team all year.

Mediocre D as well.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby Jazzygirl205 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:09 pm

I don't even think it's worth racing for the playoffs now.
Jazzygirl205

Postby wcsoldier81 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:49 am

Finwë wrote:
JoelMyersScrotalSack wrote:Meh doesn't even bother me anymore. Injuries have been the only thing consistent about this team all year.

Mediocre D as well.

and Turnovers
wcsoldier81

Postby Finwë on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:01 am

wcsoldier81 wrote:
Finwë wrote:

Mediocre D as well.

and Turnovers

and bad FT shooting
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:45 am

abeer3 wrote:some quick-hitters on kobe:

bone spurs = bad. at his age, this makes me think playing beyond next year is highly unlikely.

he's been pretty bad lately, but contrary to that crazy rant a few pages back, it's his body, not his mind. he's one of the smarter players i've ever seen, but he's having trouble adjusting to his suddenly severe physical limitations. i mean, he couldn't shake marquis daniels off the dribble last night. he could do that earlier this season, no problem.

if i were the team, i'd strongly consider a forced shut down for two reasons. first, i don't think playing on bone spurs is a good idea if you want him back to form at any point in the near future. as i understand it, they can rip up the tissue around them, depending upon location, so there's some chance of extra damage. second, i think your best chance at getting some of these role players to step it up, desperation style, might be to take away their security blanket.

Yikes
LTLakerFan

Postby LTLakerFan on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:45 am

abeer3 wrote:some quick-hitters on kobe:

Yikes. Did I not hear bottom of one of his heels? Shoot.... no constant impact stress there :bang:
LTLakerFan

Postby dwighthowardsdad on Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:40 am

Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 12h
Kobe Bryant says he is going to try and play Saturday vs. Kings. says "no crutch today so a little better"
dwighthowardsdad

Postby Battle Tested20 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:17 pm

From Kobe's Facebook Page:

I'm playing tonight. Foot feels much better. I just pray it holds up during the game. 9games to go. Take the Challenge.
Mamba Out
"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby Helljumper on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:37 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:From Kobe's Facebook Page:

I'm playing tonight. Foot feels much better. I just pray it holds up during the game. 9games to go. Take the Challenge.
Mamba Out

Sucks that we have such a mentally weak leader. We're trying to make the playoffs over here and instead of getting treatment on his foot, this fool is wasting time tweeting? :disagree:
Helljumper

Re: Kobe Discussion: off crutches & playing tonight (602)

Postby karacha on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:43 pm

He is getting treatment and tweeting at the same time :man13: . Now, he just has to start playing D, but then... he's not the only one.
"It's not realistic to get younger and better when you only have the veteran's minimum to offer free agents." :mhihi:

-Troll Kupchak
karacha
CL Global Moderator

Postby puffyusaf#2 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:18 pm

Helljumper wrote:

Mamba Out

Sucks that we have such a mentally weak leader. We're trying to make the playoffs over here and instead of getting treatment on his foot, this fool is wasting time tweeting? :disagree:

and he didn't even put a space between 9 and games. Damn him :man10:
I don't always bring down the hammer but when I do it is usually to a troll! Stay TROLL FREE my freinds!
puffyusaf#2
Clublakers Moderator

Postby last stand on Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:26 pm

kobe continues to inspire me. he's not human. sometimes i think he's masochist
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby trodgers on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:01 pm

puffyusaf#2 wrote:
Helljumper wrote:

Mamba Out

and he didn't even put a space between 9 and games. Damn him :man10:

Dude's a scumbag. I bet he didn't even watch any LeBron videos to work on his mugging skills.

twitter.com/lakersballtweet lakersball.com
trodgers
Site Manager

Postby last stand on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:27 pm

kobe has bone spurs

lets play him 47 minutes and need every second of it.
everyone has their top 10 lists of women heres mine

1. emma watson
2. Natalie Portman
3. Mila Kunis
4. Emma Stone
5. Megan Fox
6. jessica biel
7. Teresa Palmer
8. Katy Perry
9. jessica alba
10. Olivia Wilde
last stand

Postby CaCHooKa Man on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:28 pm

kobe told MDA he was playing the entire game.

"we got 9 games left man.. i can push through this thing"
CaCHooKa Man
Human Highlight Reel

Postby Lakerjones on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:32 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:kobe told MDA he was playing the entire game.

What is left to say about this guy? 47 minutes with bone spurs in his foot? He is truly the toughest guy I've ever seen play basketball. :bow: :bow: :bow: And he looked pretty awful in the beginning of the game and then he puts together 14 assists and 19 points? Unbelievable. He had a ton of boards too.
Lakerjones
CL Global Moderator

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:32 pm

CaCHooKa Man wrote:kobe told MDA he was playing the entire game.

The dude has heart, I'm going to be in tears when he retires :bow: :man6:
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

Postby The Rock on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:33 pm

What a Herculean effort. His defense was sharp too

Just a little concerned with all these missed free throws late in the game. Other than that he was superb tonight

Props to sidthekid871
The Rock
CL Twitter Team

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion