Kobe Thread: Bucher- Kobe = Father of Team USA Success p.819

Re: Kobe Discussion: Klapper video, possible 6 months (646)

Postby Weezy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:40 pm

I'm sure he doesn't want to cover the team without Kobe, that means no more hate articles written for his own amusement, a lot less hits from the stir they cause, nobody to pointlessly pick on or try and annoy, all his fun would be gone, the little troll would have to find someone else to hate.
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby GoldenKnight on Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Was watching Wizards Jordan highlights since today marks the 10 year anniversary of his last game, and I truly believe that for this upcoming season (if he even returns) That is more or less of what we will see. Hard to imagine that the season after that when he will be 36 he will be even better. Sadly, this just might be the last of the Mamba playing at a high level.

CHECK OUT MY DESIGNS ON FB/INSTAGRAM/TWITTER: @GoldenKnightGFX
GoldenKnight

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 pm

GoldenKnight wrote:Was watching Wizards Jordan highlights since today marks the 10 year anniversary of his last game, and I truly believe that for this upcoming season (if he even returns) That is more or less of what we will see. Hard to imagine that the season after that when he will be 36 he will be even better. Sadly, this just might be the last of the Mamba playing at a high level.

Why can't u guys simply wait to see how his recovery comes along and first let him come back and play an actual game before writing him off - you should know by now, that if anybody can get back from that at his usual self, it's Kobe!
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby Chillbongo on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:50 pm

^Thank you :jam2: My sentiments as well....or maybe just denial.
Chillbongo

Postby gcclaker on Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:54 pm

Ras Algethi wrote:Really cool of D12 and Meeks to check on Kobe.

...the minute I read about this, I remember Fisher's comment that he has never been to 24's house. :man10:
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby lakerfan2 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:02 pm

OX1947 wrote:Kobe is on house money for the rest of his career. What exactly does he have to do that he already hasnt done? What? Win 6 like MJ? 5 titles isnt enough?

Man, you don't know Kobe at all. :man10:
#OURHOUSE
lakerfan2

Postby gcclaker on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:03 pm

socallakerlove wrote:
Weezy wrote:
socallakerlove wrote:^ Did you read the bottom part? He doesn't want Kobe to stop playing. He was writing that as motivation if it would help Kobe come back quicker.

I read it, I'm just not buying it, I sensed almost happiness in his writing of Kobe being done.

Fair enough. From talking with TJ a couple times and reading him for years, he is extremely dry/sarcastic. Even in the article of him having a stroke in Dodgers Spring Training, that showed.

I can understand where a reader may have a huge disconnect with him, but I'm confident he doesn't want to cover this team without Kobe.

And if he is indeed hating, then let the Mamba add it to the list.

I see the connection with the Vitti part and the article itself. The former talked off how the media should provide incentive by expressing their doubts and Simers being the attention ***** that he is took him up on it. There was that line to have Vitti ask Magic Johnson to declare that 24 was done. I thought it was tongue in cheek with nuggets about Blake and D'Antoni. I mean, even he does not consider Hee Haw a good coach. I was neither upset nor amused...just rolled my eyes. Simers' headline sums up his intention.
No siggie...
gcclaker
CL Global Moderator

Postby SpencerHarrison on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:19 pm

Kobe will go out on his terms, at a high level. He will be skying and dominating again, if only for one season. He WILL. I don't know if a championship will come, but I have absolutely zero doubt that he will make it his singular mission in life to play NBA basketball again at the highest possible level. His skill, touch, footwork, IQ and tenacity matter much more than raw athleticism at this stage. He will be back, and play great. In a Lakers uniform.
SpencerHarrison

Postby DMK on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:51 pm

He could end up with 6.... from the Couch....

Ive seen stranger things..... Im a Ravens fan BTW.. Ray Lewis came back.... finished it proper.... just saying.

Eccl.7:20, Gal.2:16, Jn.3:16, Jn.14:6, Acts 16:31, Rom.6:23, Eph.3:17
DMK
Clublakers Analyst

Postby DJ-RaZ-Q#24 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:52 pm

SpencerHarrison wrote:Kobe will go out on his terms, at a high level. He will be skying and dominating again, if only for one season. He WILL. I don't know if a championship will come, but I have absolutely zero doubt that he will make it his singular mission in life to play NBA basketball again at the highest possible level. His skill, touch, footwork, IQ and tenacity matter much more than raw athleticism at this stage. He will be back, and play great. In a Lakers uniform.

+1 :jam2:
DJ-RaZ-Q#24

Postby LTLakerFan on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:53 pm

Weezy wrote:Simers is a clown, and a joke of a writer. He's an LA sports writer, yet he irrationally hates LA's biggest star, yeah that makes total sense. Oh well, just more fuel for Kobe's comeback, if he even considers Simers worth a read.

Nah I read this in the paper "rag" this morning and it totally is tongue in cheek. Mr. Annoying isn't hating on Kobe here.
LTLakerFan

Postby Finwë on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:09 pm

Simers isn't worth reading.
"The first time I ever saw my uniform hanging in the locker I put it on right away, and it just felt like I was putting on golden armour. From that day forward, I just called it 'the golden armour', it just felt like there was something mystical and magical about it" - Kobe Bryant.
Finwë

Postby JSM on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:27 pm

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 8m
Mi hermano Pau came by and chilled wit with me for a few hrs. We laughed and joked and talked strategy…

http://instagram.com/p/YMaXQrRNv6/
JSM
ClubLakers.com Administrator

Postby Weezy on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:33 pm

Lol I see Kobe fixed the picture, just a few minutes ago I checked instgram on my phone and Pau's entire head was cut off in the photo
Weezy
CL Global Moderator

Postby lAKERfaNaticKID on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:41 pm

Lmao!! The pix wit the head cut out was helarious I laughed for a good 5 min lol oh man
lAKERfaNaticKID

Postby checkers09 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:55 pm

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 20m
Taking/editing pics just ain't my thing lol but what hell else am I gonna do but try it out now .. #nadabuttime

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 33m
Here's a better pic! Lol still learning how to work this damn thing ha! http://instagram.com/p/YMaXQrRNv6/

Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol 3m
I'm glad to have my head back on my shoulders @kobebryant !! Lol! Always great to see you brother. #countonteammates!

Yet as I watched him Monday, I could not help think how little it mattered and how right he is. He is not fading into the shadows. He does not know how to go out that way.[.]
checkers09

Postby Lakeshow24 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 pm

checkers09 wrote:Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 20m
Taking/editing pics just ain't my thing lol but what hell else am I gonna do but try it out now .. #nadabuttime

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 33m
Here's a better pic! Lol still learning how to work this damn thing ha! http://instagram.com/p/YMaXQrRNv6/

Pau Gasol ‏@paugasol 3m
I'm glad to have my head back on my shoulders @kobebryant !! Lol! Always great to see you brother. #countonteammates!

Link must be broken because it won't load for me.
UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. Born and Raised.
In Dr. Buss I Truss!
THE ORIGINATOR OF: "Call It From Heaven Chick!"
"To be removed if the Lakers make the playoffs." Well, I removed it for an hour and decided to put it back. I have to be honest.
Lakeshow24

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:15 pm

"I just put my faith in God. Through him we can do all things"
- Kobe Bryant, March 24, 2004
Battle Tested20

Postby TIME on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:21 pm

LTLakerFan wrote:
Weezy wrote:Simers is a clown, and a joke of a writer. He's an LA sports writer, yet he irrationally hates LA's biggest star, yeah that makes total sense. Oh well, just more fuel for Kobe's comeback, if he even considers Simers worth a read.

Nah I read this in the paper "rag" this morning and it totally is tongue in cheek. Mr. Annoying isn't hating on Kobe here.

Actually think you are missing the bigger picture. Simers has made Kobe the butt of his articles over the years so now he, when it may be over for Kobe, doesn't need to write a hit piece. He can yuk it up about how he won't have Kobe to kick around any longer. It's kind of a reverse hate piece which only displays his long standing angle by contrast.

But, however you interpret this one article, Simers has his picture in the Sports Journalist's dictionary under the entry: Hack.
I'm lost in the fog of denial!
TIME
CL Global Moderator

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:22 pm

(right click, view image)
Battle Tested20

Postby Battle Tested20 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:30 pm

Battle Tested20 wrote:Image

Kobe really leaning on his crutches because he looks really short next to Pau haha
Battle Tested20

Postby denimPortugal on Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:48 pm

:jam2: :jam2:
denimPortugal

Postby Ariza3 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:04 am

Battle Tested20 wrote:
Battle Tested20 wrote:Image

Mi hermano Pau came by and chilled wit with me for a few hrs. We laughed and joked and talked strategy for tomorrows big game #countonpau #lakersnation #countonteamates
Ariza3

Postby Herm24 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 am

Kobe looks like he's 12 compared to Pau .. Lol
Herm24

Postby KBJelleyBean24 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:58 am

Is it weird that it pains me to see Kobe on crutches? And not figuratively, it literally makes me sick to my stomach.
I should get an assist for that. It's an intentional pass to oneself, so it's an assist. That way people can't say all I do is shoot.
-Kobe on passing the ball to himself off the backboard.
KBJelleyBean24

PreviousNext

Return to Lakers Discussion